PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Lee Bright Will Run For US Senate

SpreadOfLiberty
02-04-2013, 03:41 PM
http://www.fitsnews.com/2013/02/04/sources-lee-bright-will-run-for-us-senate/

http://www.facebook.com/senatorleebright?fref=pb

Smart3
02-04-2013, 04:23 PM
He's a Christian Extremist (which I was unaware of until recently). So while I support dethroning Graham, I don't know if Bright could actually win a general election. Handing the Democrats another Southern seat could end up creating another Landrieu situation.

Why are Broun, Brannon and Bright so much more extreme than Hinckley, Bills, Baumgartner of 2012?

SpreadOfLiberty
02-04-2013, 04:26 PM
He's a Christian Extremist (which I was unaware of until recently). So while I support dethroning Graham, I don't know if Bright could actually win a general election. Handing the Democrats another Southern seat could end up creating another Landrieu situation.

Why are Broun, Brannon and Bright so much more extreme than Hinckley, Bills, Baumgartner of 2012?

How is he an extremist?

kathy88
02-04-2013, 04:29 PM
How is he an extremist?

Yes, this.

Pisces
02-04-2013, 04:30 PM

I don't think that will be a problem in South Carolina. You would probably consider DeMint a Christian extremist and he's never had a problem winning a general election.

supermario21
02-04-2013, 04:52 PM
If anything, South Carolina has trended quickly towards our form of conservatism. Their freshman class of 2010 was, as a state, stellar top to bottom.

compromise
02-04-2013, 05:59 PM

Bills, while not "extreme", was fairly socially conservative too, he opposed gay marriage, abortion and separation of church and state. He campaigned with Bachmann. Also, the states Hinckley, Bills and Baumgartner ran in are all very blue states. NC, SC, GA and AK are much more socially conservative. Additionally, none of those three actually won.

Cruz was quite "extreme" on some issues (supported a border wall) and he did very well.

Adrock
02-04-2013, 06:07 PM
How is he an extremist?

I am still waiting to hear how he qualifies the Knights of Columbus as extremists too.

QWDC
02-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Looking through the bills he has sponsored recently, he looks to be big-time into nullification and pretty good on civil liberties. Hope he has a real shot a it.

itshappening
02-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Looking through the bills he has sponsored recently, he looks to be big-time into nullification and pretty good on civil liberties. Hope he has a real shot a it.

He's probably the one who can take on Graham after Davis.

It will be very tough and arduous, if he's prepared to step up and spend a year of his life taking on a well financed incumbent we should support him and I would hope conservatives across the country would too.

TheTyke
02-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Great news! I've been waiting for this.

Smart3
02-05-2013, 12:35 AM
I don't think that will be a problem in South Carolina. You would probably consider DeMint a Christian extremist and he's never had a problem winning a general election.

He's the Christian equivalent of the Taliban. He doesn't believe gays should teach children, and he had this lovely quote:
"You cannot have a free society that way. We’ve found we can’t set up free societies around the world because they don’t have the moral underpinnings that come from Biblical faith. I don’t think Christians should cower from this debate, should be told that their views and their values should be separate from government policies, because America doesn’t work without the faith that created it."

That's as delusional as Bryan Fischer or Glenn Beck. The founding of this Republic was in direct conflict with Christianity. A secular government is incompatible with Christianity.

DeMint receives a 7% from the ACLU

"Vote on an amendment banning adoptions in District of Columbia by gays or other individuals who are not related by blood or marriage. "

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Jim_DeMint_Civil_Rights.htm

In other words, DeMint and Bright aren't better than Bachmann. They're just as ridiculously extreme and hateful as the WBC, they just happen not to have the balls to join the WBC.

and don't get me wrong, I'd rather a fundie over Graham any day.

TheTyke
02-05-2013, 12:57 AM
No sense in highlighting a wedge issue to divide us. He is not pushing federally-imposed anything. While opposing a state-imposed religion, our Founders like John Adams recognized that only a "moral and religious people" could keep this form of government together. Similar statements could've been made by any number of our founders. We should be free from force of government to believe whatever we wish, but Ron, Judge Nap, Tom Woods etc. also support individuals choosing morality.

We have no government armed in power capable of contending in human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other.

Mr. Bright appears to be true liberty candidate that can take down Lindsey Graham... we couldn't ask for much better.

Smart3
02-05-2013, 02:04 AM
No sense in highlighting a wedge issue to divide us. He is not pushing federally-imposed anything. While opposing a state-imposed religion, our Founders like John Adams recognized that only a "moral and religious people" could keep this form of government together. Similar statements could've been made by any number of our founders. We should be free from force of government to believe whatever we wish, but Ron, Judge Nap, Tom Woods etc. also support individuals choosing morality.

Mr. Bright appears to be true liberty candidate that can take down Lindsey Graham... we couldn't ask for much better.

I consider religion inherently immoral. "Moral and religious people" can not co-exist. Adams was a Unitarian anyways so his concept of religion was far different than what 95% of America's Christians believe.

Anti-Neocon
02-05-2013, 06:16 AM
Smart3, you still have not explained how Brannon and Bright are extremists.

supermario21
02-05-2013, 09:12 AM
If you consider religion inherently immoral, then stay away from Republican politics. Even liberty-oriented Republicans are likely to be very religious, and probably better examples of how to live faithfully than the Bible-toting politicians. Is Judge Nap a bad guy because he's a pre-Vatican II Catholic?

compromise
02-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Equating DeMint and Bright to Islamic Jihadists is a pretty unfair, slippery slope comparison.

Sure, they don't want total separation of church and state, but then neither did Ron Paul. However, they are not crazy theocrats who seek to replace the Constitution with Biblical law and stone the adulterers.

This is America, not Uganda or Afghanistan.

Smart3
02-05-2013, 11:31 AM
If you consider religion inherently immoral, then stay away from Republican politics. Even liberty-oriented Republicans are likely to be very religious, and probably better examples of how to live faithfully than the Bible-toting politicians. Is Judge Nap a bad guy because he's a pre-Vatican II Catholic?

He's deeply flawed when it comes to his worldview. Other being a Judge and potential candidate for political office, I wouldn't want to utter his name. Although I'll freely admit he's one of the few Catholics that aren't complete hypocrites. Catholicism works well with Ron Paul's unique mixing of traditional conservatism with modern social conservatism.

and I do try to stay way from Republican politics, I'm here to support Ron Paul the Libertarian Presidential nominee, not Ron Paul Republican from Texas who endorses Ted Cruz, Don Young, Gilchrist (sp?), etc.

Equating DeMint and Bright to Islamic Jihadists is a pretty unfair, slippery slope comparison.

Sure, they don't want total separation of church and state, but then neither did Ron Paul. However, they are not crazy theocrats who seek to replace the Constitution with Biblical law and stone the adulterers.

This is America, not Uganda or Afghanistan.

They'd still be killing witches if it were not for more sane people, and for the record - I compared them to the Taliban (ie, highly religious and very backwards people) not to Jihadis.

Smart3, you still have not explained how Brannon and Bright are extremists.
Neither Brannon nor Bright have made enough statements to get quotes I can use to expose their extremism.

However, if you listen to Brannon give a speech - he mentions God in every minute. It's sickening.

Anti-Neocon
02-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Mentioning God doesn't make one an extremist.