PDA

View Full Version : Chipin to help Kayla, She Was Raided by SWAT!

kylejack
11-22-2007, 12:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORPk3udApZI

Okay, this single mother was raided by SWAT, who got the apartment number wrong. They deployed tear gas and now she has to throw away everything. She's a mother of two and now all their toys have to be thrown away. The guinea pig is dead. The police seem to be offering her very little help.

I have sent a message to the guy who runs the 291-strong Meetup group 21 miles away. I will send the money to him once we've collected it. We may even get some local media for Ron Paul out of it. The police won't do much to help Kayla, but the Ron Paul supporters WILL.

http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/f0cc947e8ac25e23

Chipin and let's help get Kayla back on the right track. This police state stuff has got to stop.

Story about the raid: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312421,00.html

I think this is a valid grassroots project, so I posted it here.

American
11-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Nope, Indianians need to make a decision for themselves. They either put up with this shit or make a stand. I think this is a well intended idea but I would focus on the whole acceptance of this with Indiana. This is also the state where they stopped people for the "voluntary" DNA samples while driving, of course they couldnt leave unless they did. Also the same state where the police beat up the town hall rep.

This is a much bigger problem then this person. I say use it to get the message out on how they live in a police state by definition. These are the slow signs that all closed societies face before becoming actual closed societies. Blog you ass off in sites for that state.

Visual
11-22-2007, 12:19 PM
If she was smart she'd sue...

Thomas Paine
If she finds a good lawyer, she'll be owning that police department.

kylejack
Right, but getting the story out that common people helped her more than the police that raided her helps to reveal the police state to people, and gets them motivated to wake up and enact political change.

Dustancostine
11-22-2007, 12:20 PM
While American raids the Indiana police, other people need to step up and help Kayla if they think they can.

I donated $5.00.

Craig_R
11-22-2007, 12:34 PM
well, I just dropped a 20. If we cant take care of eachother, folks will look to the government to do so, you know how that works.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 12:36 PM
well, I just dropped a 20. If we cant take care of eachother, folks will look to the government to do so, you know how that works.
You are a great American. I'm doing $20 myself. Please all, if you can spare $5 or $20, help us help this single mother of two. Potential media coverage is the added bonus.

Dustancostine
11-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Bump

Sematary
11-22-2007, 12:54 PM
I sent my $20
I agree, the best statement we can make is to show America that Dr. Paul's way is a better way than expecting the government to do it for them.
I also think the best thing we can do for America and Indiana, is to get Dr. Paul elected so that this BULLSHIT will come to an end!

leipo
11-22-2007, 12:57 PM
That's a horrible story. I hope she can get it sorted soon.

schmeisser
11-22-2007, 01:00 PM
$20 sent. The message here is more important than her actual need for the money (assuming others and the city are also trying to make her whole). Showing that RP supporters "walk the walk" and truly believe in the private sector as the great equalizing force in our society. If she has extra cash, she can start a college fund for the kids.

walt
11-22-2007, 01:02 PM
$20 sent. The message here is more important than her actual need for the money (assuming others and the city are also trying to make her whole). Showing that RP supporters "walk the walk" and truly believe in the private sector as the great equalizing force in our society. If she has extra cash, she can start a college fund for the kids.

I only wish everyone associated with Ron Paul did in their actions.

I salute all of you in a position to give. Thank you.

Sematary
11-22-2007, 01:05 PM
I only wish everyone associated with Ron Paul did in their actions.

I salute all of you in a position to give. Thank you.

I think virtually everyone can give at least $5
This is our opportunity to make a statement! So let's make it!

Cindy
11-22-2007, 01:07 PM
I will chip in $10.00 and ask that the same news outlet be called when you go to make the delivery to her, stressing that it came from Paul supporters who have had enough with Police state tactics and the government not helping, when they impositioned a singled parent, and it was the type of person like a Paul supporter who stepped in to help her.

Thanks for doing this. When I get a chance, I will spred that chip in link elsewhere.

How long will you be collecting for?

evadmurd
11-22-2007, 01:14 PM
What a great thing to do on Thanksgiving. $10

Tidewise
11-22-2007, 01:16 PM
It's called a lawsuit, people.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I will chip in $10.00 and ask that the same news outlet be called when you go to make the delivery to her, stressing that it came from Paul supporters who have had enough with Police state tactics and the government not helping, when they impositioned a singled parent, and it was the type of person like a Paul supporter who stepped in to help her.

Thanks for doing this. When I get a chance, I will spred that chip in link elsewhere.

How long will you be collecting for?
I'd like to collect for a long time, but I also want to get the money to her ASAP. The raid happened 11 days ago (or maybe 12 now...) so she needs that money soon. I set the end date for Tuesday the 27th.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 01:20 PM
You'd be surprised what gets classified as acceptable collateral damage, even in a court of law. Besides, the compensatory price of a raggedy old stuffed animal isn't even close to the sentimental price, and I doubt she's in a position to hire a lawyer. Maybe she can get one on contingency, or maybe not. Either way, his fees come out of her settlement.

Dustancostine
11-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Also a lawsuit could take a long time (years?), she needs her life back now.

slantedview
11-22-2007, 01:25 PM
The woman needs a lawyer.

piotr1
11-22-2007, 01:26 PM
$5.00 sent. End the Police State, Vote Ron Paul! 8)

slantedview
11-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Also a lawsuit could take a long time (years?), she needs her life back now.
When someone screws you like this though, the only recourse you have is the legal system. A lawyer could at least prompt the city into action.

Cindy
11-22-2007, 01:28 PM
How long will a lawsuit take? The childrens bedding, clothing and toys, were caked with that chemical. I don't know if it can even be washed out and off from everything safely or if it all needs to be replaced. perhaps the chip in can even help her to hire a deep clean up crew for her whole place. It was trashed and covered with that chemicle everywhere. They couldn;t even stay in the apartment for very long before they started joking on it.

She needs some relief help NOW!

Come on you guys, gather the family around this and chip in 5 , 10 or 20 as a Charitible thing to do for Thanksgiving day.

Thanks for Doing this Kyle, and to everyone helping this single mom out.:)

Craig_R
11-22-2007, 01:28 PM
"I will chip in $10.00 and ask that the same news outlet be called when you go to make the delivery to her, stressing that it came from Paul supporters who have had enough with Police state tactics and the government not helping"

I agree, aside from the part about the government not helping. What we're trying to do here is get the government out of the business of helping by addressing peoples needs thru charity and eliminating the use of government force.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree, aside from the part about the government not helping. What we're trying to do here is get the government out of the business of helping by addressing peoples needs thru charity and eliminating the use of government force.
Exactly. If I can get the Cincinatti Meetup to hold a protest outside the police department to go hand-in-hand with this, I will. The point is to show people that average everyday people can help those in need, and that we don't need government departments to help people who have been hurt, even by government itself.

Thanks again, all who donated! I'm sure she'll be very grateful.

Sematary
11-22-2007, 01:34 PM

How does that help her today?

kylejack
11-22-2007, 01:40 PM
How does that help her today?

Exactly. And they say they're going to give her some money. Whatever pittance they give her is certainly going to have a release of liability that she has to sign...and will she turn that down, knowing that she needs money right now to get her life back on track?

akovacs
11-22-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm from Indiana and I have never heard of this. I imagine most others do not know either.

I've usually prided myself that Indiana has usually been absent of much of the craziness that police in other states do, but it seems we are not immune either. In the mean time, I think her best option is to sue. I think she would stand a decent chance at winning.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 01:50 PM
To those who have donated or who are interested: Should I set a $ goal on the chipin, or leave it uncapped? Seems like there are benefits to both.

Dustancostine
11-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I would set a goal. How much I have no idea. Maybe around a grand?

kylejack
11-22-2007, 02:04 PM
I would set a goal. How much I have no idea. Maybe around a grand?

Okay, I set to 1200 to make sure fees are covered. For everyone's information, it charges 30 cents plus 2.9%.

Edit: Changed it to $1100, because $100 should be enough to cover the fees on $1000.

Craig_R
11-22-2007, 02:21 PM
why's the widget still say 5 bucks ?

kylejack
11-22-2007, 02:22 PM
why's the widget still say 5 bucks ?

Refresh the page. Mine shows 121.60 out of 1100.

Sematary
11-22-2007, 02:27 PM
What. exactly, can you do with $1000? Not much. Why set a limit?

Craig_R
11-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Refresh the page. Mine shows 121.60 out of 1100.

I've refreshed it hundreds of times, still says 5 bucks. I guess its just broken on my end

paulitics
11-22-2007, 02:29 PM
This has got to be extraordianarily unhealthy to breathe the air in. Is it even safe to live there? Teargas in people's homes?

kylejack
11-22-2007, 02:34 PM
What. exactly, can you do with $1000? Not much. Why set a limit?

Don't worry, I'll change it if we get a bigger response than that before Tuesday. I just consider 1000 a bare minimum to get some local news coverage. 5000 would be awesome. 1000 replaces a bed or a couch, or pays the rent for a month. More is always better.

Sematary
11-22-2007, 02:35 PM
This has got to be extraordianarily unhealthy to breathe the air in. Is it even safe to live there? Teargas in people's homes?

Teargas causes no permanent damage. Anyone who has ever been in the military is exposed to it as a part of their training.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 02:35 PM

Yep. And they were looking for some guy, yet they tore apart the house? Why?! Its like they were hoping to find drugs to justify the raid! That's so sick!

misconstrued
11-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Teargas causes no permanent damage. Anyone who has ever been in the military is exposed to it as a part of their training.

It can't be healthy to be exposed to it on a daily basis though can it? Especially for children. Even the reporter doing the news story said they had to leave because 11 days later there was still so much CS gas in the air it became hard to breath.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 02:38 PM
I've refreshed it hundreds of times, still says 5 bucks. I guess its just broken on my end

Hm, maybe you can clear your cache? IE acts weird sometimes. Shows $121.60 for me in Firefox.

Sematary
11-22-2007, 02:40 PM
It can't be healthy to be exposed to it on a daily basis though can it? Especially for children. Even the reporter doing the news story said they had to leave because 11 days later there was still so much CS gas in the air it became hard to breath.

I can't imagine how they could have stayed at all.

Dustancostine
11-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Bump

WillInMiami
11-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Umm... I was in the Army and subjected to CS gas several times. While it sucks to be around the stuff, it's not poison. If this chick washes everything off, it'll be OK. There's no reason to throw anything away. I wore my uniforms and protective mask in the stuff many times and I was still able to keep everything afterwards.

While I hate the idea that she and her kids were subjected to such a shitty experience, I don't think she deserves any money from anyone to replace anything (except maybe the dead rats)...

jenninlouisiana
11-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Until the voters get rid of Mark Souder, this will continue to happen. Sad story.

expatinireland
11-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Unbelievable. They admit to the mistake, yet they do nothing to help out. Heck they
should have immediately apologised, put her family up in temporary accommodation, repaired all the damages and written her a check for the trouble they caused.

More than one head should roll for that one. Heck I have made mistakes in business before but I have always corrected them without the customer asking - sometimes at huge expense to myself.

Sent $20

jgmaynard
11-22-2007, 04:02 PM
I've been subjected to tear gas (not in the military), and it's not permanent by any means. She DOES however, deserve a MAJOR seetlemeny IMO for mental anguish as well as physical damage for the stuff destroyed.

JM

DealzOnWheelz
11-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Someone shouls contact the campaign about this this would be a great way for Dr. Paul to get serious publicity I can see it now

"Presidential Hopeful Ron Paul takes time away from the Campaign trail to meet with an Indiana woman whose house was raided and teargassed by SWAT mistakingly"

"Congressman Paul will be donating some of his CAMPAIGN FUNDS to pay for her lawyer in an effort to SUE the state for damages & expose the truths behind the onset of an american police state"

HOW MUCH MEDIA DO YOU THINK THIS WILL GET???

thehittgirl
11-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Nope, Indianians need to make a decision for themselves. They either put up with this shit or make a stand. I think this is a well intended idea but I would focus on the whole acceptance of this with Indiana. This is also the state where they stopped people for the "voluntary" DNA samples while driving, of course they couldnt leave unless they did. Also the same state where the police beat up the town hall rep.

This is a much bigger problem then this person. I say use it to get the message out on how they live in a police state by definition. These are the slow signs that all closed societies face before becoming actual closed societies. Blog you ass off in sites for that state.

Was this another incident? I thought that was in Colorado.:confused:

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_6922089

JohnCrabtree
11-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Umm... I was in the Army and subjected to CS gas several times. While it sucks to be around the stuff, it's not poison. If this chick washes everything off, it'll be OK. There's no reason to throw anything away. I wore my uniforms and protective mask in the stuff many times and I was still able to keep everything afterwards.

While I hate the idea that she and her kids were subjected to such a shitty experience, I don't think she deserves any money from anyone to replace anything (except maybe the dead rats)...

Maybe alot of her stuff can be salvaged, but in the meantime, she can not live in her home, any food in the cupboards Im sure can not be saved and in addition to the CS gas, the SWAT team ravaged her home and broke several items from the looks of the video.

She should receive several thousands of dollars from the SWAT department, as well as all clean up professionally done and pd. for (NOT her having to do it).

I'm gladly sending her $20 right now.

sunghoko
11-22-2007, 04:29 PM
This is nothing new.

After a bad tip a new york woman died of a heart attack after a swat team breaks down her door and handcuffs her.

http://www.thought-criminal.org/2007/05/02/swat-wrong-door-raids-are-you-next

SeanEdwards
11-22-2007, 04:32 PM

It's insignificant. Seriously. I've been exposed to the stuff in basic training. There were guys in the unit that were trying to get high off the stuff by inhaling traces of it off their gas masks.

The stench of it could be hard to get out of furniture and household stuff, so there could be some property damage, but it's not dangerous.

sunghoko
11-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Casualties of the Corrupt Drug War
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312240,00.html

Cindy
11-22-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't think she deserves any money from anyone to replace anything (except maybe the dead rats)...

In the video they showed her walls riddled with bullet holes and the windows blown out. She is responcible to replace the windows and repair the bullet holes too.

Their apartment is ihabitable. Single mom- two young sons. She didn't deserve this.

rockwell
11-22-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm in for a C-note.

I'd say it's outrageous, but it isn't, it's the way things are in America now.

Sematary
11-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Come on guys, if this isn't worth donating to, what is?

ckhagen
11-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Is there some way we could contact the police department (email?) and let them know thatthis is outrageous?? I mean, even IF the property is salvageable, she should NOT have to clean it. They should hire a haz-mat cleaning service to come in and wash everything. This is the PDs fault, not hers. Somehow it seems like if the AF accidentally bombed my house during a test mission (we live nearby an AF testing range), they should have to replace it! I would even expect my neighbor to pick up his dogs poo off my driveway (happens all the time, he doesn't clean it up)... seems fair.

max
11-22-2007, 06:50 PM

We should let a fellow RP activist out to dry because she's not in our state???

jamesmadison
11-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Ron Paul grassroots?

kylejack
11-22-2007, 07:00 PM
James, yes, because this expenditure can get pro Ron Paul media.

ronpaulfollower999
11-22-2007, 07:13 PM
WTF? I'm afraid to sleep now!

hawkeyenick
11-22-2007, 07:31 PM
She can file a grievance, as well as sue

Danny Molina
11-22-2007, 07:56 PM
bump

Revolution9
11-22-2007, 08:08 PM

Well how thoughfully jackboot of you to comment in this manner. I hope you sleep in cayenne powder this week.

Randy

ladyliberty
11-22-2007, 08:25 PM
If Ron Paul is not elected, expect more and more of these types of incidents to occur - we are all guilty until proven innocent - so much for the War on Terror - the Terrorists are wearing bages and carrying assault weapons! What happened to their sworn duty to protect and serve?????

Indiana is a Police State and so is Florida. I wonder how many other states will turn before this is all over and done with?

I feel really sad for this woman and her family, and if it were me I would probably take my kids and my sleeping bag and go camp out in the lobby of the police station until they made it right again. They ought to return her apartment to its original condition. What was the purpose of ransacking the place - if not to terrorize her??? Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas - NOT!

If the police are "allowed" to do this to her, then they are also allowed to do this to you and to me! Meetup Groups need to assist her to not just get her apartment set stragiht again - but to also take steps to insure that no other citizen will ever be put through what she was put through! Picketing the police station would bring more attention to it along with donations to restore the family.

Police get upset when one of their own is injured or killed while on duty - but what about their victims? They have no sympathy for those whom they brutalize and terrorize!

When will they begin rounding us up and sending us off to the detention camps for standing up to their lawlessness?

austin356
11-22-2007, 08:39 PM
there is a rap song that goes "f--- the police, f--- the police"; Sometimes I wish I heard it more.

constituent
Indiana is a Police State and so is Florida. I wonder how many other states will turn before this is all over and done with?

When will they begin rounding us up and sending us off to the detention camps for standing up to their lawlessness?

Texas north of I-10 is a police state. Doesn't seem to quite work out for the bastards south of ten, but they try.

Peaceful resistance, that's the plan. I for one will not be rounded up, nor
will any members of my family or any of my neighbors for that matter.

That being said, if this sort of thing concerns you, please read The Gulag Archipelago and understand that it is in fact happening right now.

right now.

quickmike
Come on guys, if this isn't worth donating to, what is?

Ive got a different take on this situation. Sure, theres nothing better than helping someone out in a situation where government has done them wrong. You know what the sick part of this is. That by donating money to clean up the mess, we are actually saying to the police department "hey, you guys screwed up and are responsible for this, but you know what? were gonna cover the bill for ya............ dont worry about it you mindless pigs............... carry on."

Im not saying dont donate, im just saying that unfortunately by donating, it lets them off the hook and they can now say "hey, we were gonna pay for it but all these people covered the cost for us.

You know what I would do if I were her in that situation? I would take my kids to my parents house or to a friends house and march my ass down to the police department and DEMAND they fix every single last thing they messed up and if they didnt, I would refuse to leave. If they asked me to leave, I would not. If they threatened me with arrest or anything else, I would still stay until they made complete compensation. If it came down to it, I would let them arrest me and would refuse to sign any paperwork or cooperate in any way. I would force them to take me to court and hear me out.

Imagine the news coverage that would get. It might even make national news............. Imagine the headline............ "man gets arrested for demanding police pay for ruining his property"

We as a people of a supposedly "free" country need to stand up for ourselves when we know we have been done wrong by the government and not just say "oh well, they ruined my life. Maybe in a few years I can get compensation for their insane actions by taking them to court and spending thousands of dollars of my own money fighting them."

Im sorry, but this type off BS must not be tolerated by ANYONE. We need to start having backbones and stand up for ourselves, otherwise they will continue this type of s--t and never feel they are accountable for any of it.

When I hear of things like this, it pisses me off to no end.

Im almost sorry I read this thread now.:mad:

DealzOnWheelz
11-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Someone should contact the campaign about this this would be a great way for Dr. Paul to get serious publicity I can see it now

"Presidential Hopeful Ron Paul takes time away from the Campaign trail to meet with an Indiana woman whose house was raided and teargassed by SWAT mistakingly"

"Congressman Paul will be donating some of his CAMPAIGN FUNDS to pay for her lawyer in an effort to SUE the state for damages & expose the truths behind the onset of an american police state"

HOW MUCH MEDIA DO YOU THINK THIS WILL GET???

Get Ron Paul involved if a Presidential candidate is behind her this will get enormous media attention

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Personally, I'm about to donate, but not for getting Ron Paul recognition. This one is just because. Make sure when we send this money, we attach some materials to a note and let her know where the donation comes from, along with the issues we support.

They lost everything they had, and the police only offered some money to clean their clothes, but all the baby stuff, all the food, etc.. all gone.

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Get Ron Paul involved if a Presidential candidate is behind her this will get enormous media attention

it will also seem like a cheap grab for publicity for Ron Paul. I think it's a double edged sword... if it gets this woman some attention on her situation, I am all for it. As a practical matter, Dr. Paul should visit her and make a stand on this issue, perhaps win Indiana voters over... but not for the media attention.

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 09:15 PM

in the meantime her kids and she are essentially homeless... what is better:

1. the charity of the free market helps out it's fellow man
2. the tax payers of Indiana help out

WHAT WOULD RON PAUL DO?

He'd take up a donation. She has a lawsuit on her hands, no doubt. But that will take years, and her need is immediate. This isn't a large donation for a good cause.

Thrice
11-22-2007, 09:15 PM
I'll give once I grab my card.

Craig_R
11-22-2007, 11:20 PM

looked to me like she could use at least one window. Nobody said she deserved any money, some of us would like to help her out.

scbissler
11-22-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm a Hoosier. Chipped in $10.00.

kern802
11-23-2007, 12:16 AM
I just chipped in $10.00. Regardless of whatever pros and cons you want to come up with, this is a meaningful way to help a victim of the Police State.

kylejack
11-23-2007, 12:32 AM
Up to 287.04 after fees. Thanks for the help, guys, keep up the good work. Hoping to at least break 1000.

WillInMiami
11-23-2007, 01:16 AM
In the video they showed her walls riddled with bullet holes and the windows blown out. She is responcible to replace the windows and repair the bullet holes too.

Their apartment is ihabitable. Single mom- two young sons. She didn't deserve this.

I agree that she didn't deserve it. No doubt, it's a pretty shitty thing. And yes, I think that the police should have her place professionally cleaned and repaired. I was simply saying that there was no need for them to replace everything she owns...

I firmly believe that we've become a police state and that we all end up breaking at least one law per day because there are way too damn many laws. We always here cops say things like "we have to do what is neccesary to protect the officers" instead of talking about taking care to protect the citizens. If I get mugged and shoot the bastard, I'll end up having to answer questions like "why were you armed?" or "have you had anything to drink today?" rather than them just shrugging their shoulders and saying "nice work shooting the lousy bastard".

We're in a bad way.

WillInMiami
11-23-2007, 01:21 AM
Well how thoughfully jackboot of you to comment in this manner. I hope you sleep in cayenne powder this week.

Randy

Sorry if I'm not falling all over myself with pitty for this woman. I don't think it's the end of the world - she'll get over it. It's not like they shot her or her kids and it was only CS gas - not poison.

I said it was a shitty thing to happen to her and that's exactly what I think. I was simply discounting the ridiculous assertion that everything she owns is trashed. CS gas can be washed out.

Our police state is getting out of hand. I'm not denying that. For the rest of my thoughts on this, read my other posts.

WillInMiami
11-23-2007, 01:23 AM
Maybe alot of her stuff can be salvaged, but in the meantime, she can not live in her home, any food in the cupboards Im sure can not be saved and in addition to the CS gas, the SWAT team ravaged her home and broke several items from the looks of the video.

She should receive several thousands of dollars from the SWAT department, as well as all clean up professionally done and pd. for (NOT her having to do it).

I'm gladly sending her $20 right now.

Yea. Anything that they broke should be replaced or repaired and they should put her up in a decent hotel while they clean and repair her place.

cac1963
11-23-2007, 02:13 AM

I'm sure Paul would express deeply felt sympathies for this family, but even as president he personally couldn't do anything about it. It's entirely a local matter, initiated by local police based on some loosely interpreted state law. His objective is to get the Feds out of our lives, not to use the office of president to control local police activities. I think alot of us are hoping his presidency will end these police state actions that we see recounted on youtube everyday, but his authority extends only to his ability to end only those actions undertaken through federal agencies.

If we want our local police departments to cease these kinds of incursions, we the people have to demand it, at the local and state level, regardless of whether Paul is president or not.

Quantumystic
11-23-2007, 02:20 AM
Some of the replies here that I've read... makes me wonder if I'm reading the same article in the link as everyone else. I didn't read anywhere in either of the linked portions where the police ADMITTED making a mistake. Only that there was an "incident" that they were surprised hadn't been already resolved, and that they were taking care of it as best they could.

First, the CITY is responsible legally for the operations of its employees. The City should be stepping in immediately to put her up in a motel while they get this sorted out.

Second, a full investigation into the pre-op actions that led to this "mistake". WHAT caused them to fixate on this exact appartment? It would seem obvious that SOME kind of "intel" was behind the choice of that particular unit. THAT information needs to be revealed and explained. I seriously doubt they randomly chose a map of an area and then threw a dart to pick which building they'd randomly terrorize.

Police said they were led to the Village Apartments on the trail of fugitive Sean Deaton.
So who IS this guy, what's the proof he's a "fugitive", and WHAT evidence on the trail of him led them to that exact appartment? THIS is what needs to be forced into the public light to figure out not only WHO/WHAT was responsible for this... but also how to prevent it from happening again.

Ron Paul making time to visit with the woman, as a reaction to a national story of interest concerning the security of our personal liberties, and expressing his strong support for a full investigation into WHY it happened... is the way to go.

Something about the brave personnel of Law Enforcement being forced to do a more and more dangerous job... which is EXACTLY why it's more important than ever to have a full investigation into what went wrong. Law Enforcement being charged with the Civic Duty to protect and serve the community, and if they're feeling they must operate under a "siege" mentality, they can't possibly fulfill that duty... which is completely unacceptable.

This way, Paul retains the position of support for Law Enforcement, while getting to the Truth. Calling for action on a reasoned position that can represent the best interests of the entire community. And NOT look like he's sharking for some cheap and easy publicity.

Quantumystic
11-23-2007, 02:27 AM
And when it comes to Indiana and "police state" stuff... I'm ALOT more concerned in finding out what the real story is on BeechGrove, and the "FEMA camp":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Ut-t7k_zY

Pharoah
11-23-2007, 06:05 AM
To those who belittle the effects - tell that to the woman that died of a heart attack in a similar incident. Soldiers have training and know what to expect - civilians only know that some people just broke in and gassed them.

thehittgirl
11-23-2007, 06:43 AM
looked to me like she could use at least one window. Nobody said she deserved any money, some of us would like to help her out.

Yes, even if her stuff can be cleaned off, she should be able to have the help to replace what was broke, and have some place to stay in the meantime. I used to be in her shoes, a single mom living in Indiana.

goldenequity
11-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Sent 20 and just want to say... Kayla: sorry this happened, get legal help immediately.... you now have opportunity to help future others..... going from just spectator to "active player" can happen to ANY one of us at any time. :cool:

allyinoh
11-23-2007, 08:42 AM
I am going to donate some money as well. I have spread this to myspace and am working on my meetup group as well.

What some people are forgetting is that the police department has no responsibility to give her money or help her out and she will probably not be able to sue them due to something called "police immunity."

The police can completely trash your house on a whim and you are left to clean up the mess. Go back and look at any case this has happened and I can almost bet you if you followed up with the people, they never got any help.

It's sad but that's how they get away with it.

Please even if you don't want to give or can't give, forward this to other people who might be willing to give.

kylejack
11-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Got about 380 so far, thanks guys!

ValidusCustodiae
11-23-2007, 11:12 AM
I can't afford to right now, but this is one cause I can get behind.

BUMP!

Leslie Webb
11-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Just gave $15.00

tnvoter
11-23-2007, 11:37 AM
You guys really need to forward this to as many media people as possible- the fact that there are americans coming together to help her and her family, and maybe bringing more attention to the story can bring them more help.

kylejack
11-23-2007, 11:39 AM
You guys are helping to prove that citizens can pull through where government fails. This is exactly what will be needed in a Ron Paul nation. We are over 500. That's 15 tanks of gas, 5 big grocery trips, or half of the month's rent. We're halfway to 1000, and thank you all so much.

hddn-agnda
11-23-2007, 11:41 AM
A few thoughts... some people here have said that the police should take care of it... I agree. They should. They also said they'd give her money to clean her clothes... HERSELF. Think about that... they are leaving her with a trashed house, ruined food, dead pets, scared kids, and the feeling that she has been raped by the people tasked to defend her against home intrusion.

1. She should have been armed, and we should be celebrating a cop killed for a No Knock, warrantless search, in violation of the US as well as Indiana Constitutions.

2. Ron Paul would surely recommend taking up donations, rather than taxing the people of Indiana to take care of the Police mess. This is absolutely in line with the ideals of a Free Market solution to problems. The Police Department should pay for this, and if I were her I would file a lawsuit. But ONLY to cover my costs, legal fees and a VERY minimal fee for distress. Police have to know that when they make mistakes, it could cost more than money.

3. In the meantime, we can help this woman, and we should... to argue that the solution for people's problems such as health care and a crappy market is CHARITY, and then to shun charity is about as UNcompassionate as you could be.

Donation made.

hddn-agnda
11-23-2007, 11:45 AM
SOMEONE PLEASE DIGG THIS, AND WE CAN KEEP IT AT THE TOP.... "RON PAUL SUPPORTERS SEEK DONATIONS FOR THOSE DISPLACED BY POLICE STATE"

Do it real big.

ronpaulfollower999
11-23-2007, 11:56 AM
And when it comes to Indiana and "police state" stuff... I'm ALOT more concerned in finding out what the real story is on BeechGrove, and the "FEMA camp":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Ut-t7k_zY

Umm....Its called where Amtrak repairs broken rail cars. Better yet ask this question at Railroad.net (http://railroad.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=46&sid=e4001079c1e999b80d279c353f914423)

troyd1
11-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I get a javascript error on the chipin page using IE. Using FF it works fine.

CurtisLow
11-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Kyle,

I gave some cash.

I'm glad I thought of this and you acted on it. ;)

fcofer
11-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Donated ten bucks.

If I can afford this, then so can YOU (person reading this message who hasn't donated). :p

Pauliana
11-23-2007, 04:47 PM
bumpity bump

kylejack
11-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks guys, I'm receiving donations as small as 1.50 and as much as 100. Every bit helps.

Smiley Gladhands
11-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Donated $20.

:)

Marc Scott Emery
11-23-2007, 05:52 PM
This Canadian Ron Paul supporter chipped in $20. I see its up to $575 now. Very nice.

Marc Scott Emery
11-23-2007, 05:55 PM
A few thoughts... some people here have said that the police should take care of it... I agree. They should. They also said they'd give her money to clean her clothes... HERSELF. Think about that... they are leaving her with a trashed house, ruined food, dead pets, scared kids, and the feeling that she has been raped by the people tasked to defend her against home intrusion.

1. She should have been armed, and we should be celebrating a cop killed for a No Knock, warrantless search, in violation of the US as well as Indiana Constitutions.

2. Ron Paul would surely recommend taking up donations, rather than taxing the people of Indiana to take care of the Police mess. This is absolutely in line with the ideals of a Free Market solution to problems. The Police Department should pay for this, and if I were her I would file a lawsuit. But ONLY to cover my costs, legal fees and a VERY minimal fee for distress. Police have to know that when they make mistakes, it could cost more than money.

3. In the meantime, we can help this woman, and we should... to argue that the solution for people's problems such as health care and a crappy market is CHARITY, and then to shun charity is about as UNcompassionate as you could be.

Donation made.

Ron Paul would So approve of our giving to help this victimized woman, but if she'd have had a weapon to defend herself, she'd be dead now and her children motherless, so option #1 is not a option.

Diana
11-23-2007, 06:49 PM

Okay, this single mother was raided by SWAT, who got the apartment number wrong. They deployed tear gas and now she has to throw away everything. She's a mother of two and now all their toys have to be thrown away. The guinea pig is dead. The police seem to be offering her very little help.

I have sent a message to the guy who runs the 291-strong Meetup group 21 miles away. I will send the money to him once we've collected it. We may even get some local media for Ron Paul out of it. The police won't do much to help Kayla, but the Ron Paul supporters WILL.

Chipin and let's help get Kayla back on the right track. This police state stuff has got to stop.

What will it take to clean it up? Could a group of volunteers in the area spend a couple days pitching in as well?

KCIndy
11-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Kyle, I salute you for your action and compassion on this... but a couple of quick questions:

Have you gotten a response from the organizer of the local meet-up group? Is he on board with this, and committed to help? If not, do you plan to give the money directly to Ms. Irwin?

I noticed on the Fox News link you posted that WLWT (TV station) is covering the story - perhaps you could notify them of the impending donation?

freedominnumbers
11-23-2007, 07:00 PM
What I can't help but wonder is what was the immediate risk fugitive Sean Deaton posed that would warrant the destruction of both this poor woman and the Landlord's property.

Maybe he stole a car? Who knows. I'd be willing to bet that even if that had been the proper house that when all was said and done the police would have inflicted greater monetary/emotional loss on innocents than fugitive Sean Deaton did.

kylejack
11-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Diana, I had the same idea, and I'm going to try to get the Meetup group to physically help with the cleanup as well. The Meetup organizer has not replied yet, but I only messaged him yesterday, and with it being a big holiday I'm not too worried right now. If I can't reach him, I'll join the group and post to their message board. There's 291 of them, so I have no doubt that I can find some passionate activists among them. No matter what, Ms. Irwin will get the money and I will contact media in the area. I just want to have a big donation total to ensure that the story gets some coverage.

ggibson1
11-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Cops are supposed to be the good guys. But as we put corrupt leaders in charge we end up getting corrupt cops. Authoritarian leaders breed authoritarian cops. If we change our leaders we will get changed cops. Cops do what is expected of them.

Mandrik
11-23-2007, 08:09 PM
$5

Mandrik
11-23-2007, 09:33 PM
bump

Pauliana
11-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Still not there folks. And we need an update on if the local meetup will help and if the media will be told that actually people ARE paying attn and actually care.

kylejack
11-23-2007, 11:47 PM
I'll work on that.

max
11-24-2007, 12:03 AM
oh..i thought she was a meetup member..

apparently this is just a stunt to give RP publicity...

I dont like that. Lets just chip in for her because she needs help. This business of helping her so we can get publicity is the same type of phony charity that Rudy did after 9/11.

She's a human being...not a polittical tool

Sematary
11-24-2007, 12:07 AM

I dont like that. Lets just chip in for her because she needs help. This business of helping her so we can get publicity is the same type of phony charity that Rudy did after 9/11.

EVERYTHING IS POLITICS

literatim
11-24-2007, 09:08 AM
This person needs help, all that matters is that she gets help.

allyinoh
11-24-2007, 09:10 AM

When kylejack and I talked about it in the original thread, it was never brought up as "let's just do this so we could get attention."

We talked about actually helping her because that's what we should do. Ron Paul would definitely approve of it. If we get some attention, great. If we don't, that's fine too. It doesn't matter to me as long as we help that woman and her two children out.

thuja
11-24-2007, 09:28 AM
the Chip In thing says "unable to recieve money" why? where do i contribute then?

troyd1
11-24-2007, 10:30 AM
I still get an error when goingg to the chipin site with ie7.

kylejack
11-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Unable to contribute? Weird. If you can't get it to work through chipin, just paypal to me at knielsen50 at yahoo. I'm helping her because she needs it. That's not going to stop me from trying to get some positive press for Ron Paul supporters. You guys rock!

MadTheologian
11-24-2007, 12:22 PM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9568/bmuphy3.jpg

Did any body in the Hoosier meetups got word of that?

KingTheoden
11-24-2007, 12:36 PM
I read that some people are taking the position that since it was tear gas, that fact mitigates the situation. I think that is kind of missing the forest when staring at the one tree stump: fact is that the police broke into/raided a home, made quite a mess, and were completely in error throughout the operation. Does it make sense for a free nation to have packs of roving teams that do this for a living, all on the flimsiest of evidence?

I tend to agree that Indiana has to step up to the plate on this one (if for no other reason, chances are someone is going to die within a year in your own state after being tazed, will have a business raided and confiscated, or a some other .gov agency ruin a person's life. But I do like this chip in effort; it fits in with Ron Paul Meet Up food drives, etc.

KCIndy
11-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Kyle, you might want to check with PayPal and see what's up... your yahoo address is (through PP) returning a message saying "this recipient is unable to receive any money"

Could "Chip-In" have messed up your PP account somehow? :confused:

-Ken

Mandrik
11-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Bump!

kylejack
11-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Sorry, something's gone wonky with my Paypal account. They claim they have reason to believe it was compromised. They are completely wrong, but they've prevented me from doing anything until I verify some things, and they need to call me on the phone. I'll try and get all this stuff done on Monday evening. Don't fret, the password's been changed and the money's all still there. I was using an Opera Mini proxy, which is located in Europe to access my account, so maybe that's what flagged it, I don't know.

kylejack
12-02-2007, 03:27 PM
OKAY! I finally got done fighting the Paypal Nazis and have control of my account and all the funds again. Ridiculous how difficult it was to get corrected. Chipins can continue again using the same link in the original post. Should I just send what I have so far or extend the chipin for a bit, because it got cut short due to Paypal's draconian measures...?

Phoenix Revolution
12-02-2007, 08:07 PM

nice job on plugging Fox Noise

Dustancostine
01-27-2008, 12:17 AM
OKAY! I finally got done fighting the Paypal Nazis and have control of my account and all the funds again. Ridiculous how difficult it was to get corrected. Chipins can continue again using the same link in the original post. Should I just send what I have so far or extend the chipin for a bit, because it got cut short due to Paypal's draconian measures...?

Whatever happened with this Kyle?

Live Free or Die
01-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Larken Rose and his forum/subscribers have been helping Ms. Irwin, apparently, to the tune of about $4,500. so far! Maybe anyone interested should contact them?

FYI:

Dear Subscriber,

For those who missed it, we've taken up a collection to help out
Kayla Irwin, innocent victim of some police state games in
Lawrenceburg, Indiana. Here's a video about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZyAvLFE0oo

As I mentioned before, a check for $2,000 was sent out to Ms. Irwin
the day after Christmas, and should be arriving any day now. So
far, the donations to help out Ms. Irwin are surpassing the
pledges, which is unusual. We have just under $2,000 in donation
via PayPal alone. (All the donations sent by mail are only just
starting to arrive.)

The first $2,000 received just goes to pay for the check which was
already sent. Whatever is received above and beyond that will be
sent to Ms. Irwin in a second check. This will probably be the last
reminder I send about this. Again, the two ways to donate are as
follows:

1) Send funds via PayPal. All you need is the e-mail address to
send to, which is: [e-mail omitted]

(ALL funds received there in the next two weeks will be assumed to
be for Ms. Irwin.)

2) You can also send check or money order (or cash if you dare) to
the address below. If you make the payments out in my name, I can
send Kayla one big check, instead of a zillion little ones. And
just so you know I'm not embezzling any of it (if any of you are
clueless enough to suspect such a thing), I'll post the initials
and amounts of all donations. Below is the list for the first two
days.

Sincerely,

Larken Rose
Box 653
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006

- -------------------------------------

Donations to Kayla Irwin
12/26/07

By PayPal:
[list of contributors snipped]

12/27

PayPal:
[list of contributors snipped]

Cash:
P.M. $100

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe, send a blank message to tmds-on@mail-list.com
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to tmds-off@mail-list.com
To change your email address, send a message to tmds-change@mail-list.com
with your old address in the Subject: line
To contact the list owner, send your message to
tmds-list-owner@mail-list.com And

Dear Subscriber,

I wanted to quick let you all know that, as a result of your
donations, a SECOND check for $2,000 is about to be sent off to
Kayla Irwin, victim of the SWAT team invasion (of the wrong house)
in Indiana back in late November. We'll soon post the grand total,
which will be about $4,500, and post a list of all the donations
received, and then we'll send the final check.

(Sending me donations now would only complicate matters. If you
insist on donating, send me an e-mail, and I'll tell you where you
can send the donation to Ms. Irwin directly.)

There are a LOT of victims of "government" wrongdoing, and I wish
it was possible to help them all, but it's not. In this case,
however, I'm quite pleased with the results, and glad that at least
one time, we were able to really help someone who needed and
deserved it. Thanks to all of you who contributed.

Sincerely,

Larken Rose
http://www.larkenrose.com (http://www.larkenrose.com/)

(P.S. Someone suggested that the effort to help Ms. Irwin might
tarnish my reputation as a selfish, greedy tax cheater and tax
fraud scheme promoter. But don't worry; no matter what I say or do,
the feds will always be there to make sure I'm adequately slandered
and demonized, as long as I dare to say "861" in public.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe, send a blank message to tmds-on@mail-list.com
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to tmds-off@mail-list.com
To change your email address, send a message to tmds-change@mail-list.com
with your old address in the Subject: line
To contact the list owner, send your message to
tmds-list-owner@mail-list.com

Dustancostine
01-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Thanks LFOD.