PDA

View Full Version : A tale of two (money) bombs

Original_Intent
11-22-2007, 12:09 PM
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

There are going to be several outcomes to the new money bomb announcement. I have no idea how many people will fall into each group, of course and that is going to be what determines if the two bomb strategy succeeds or..... bombs.

There are people who will donate now, and will still try to meet whatever target they had set for the 16th.

There are people who will split their total donation.

There are people who can only donate once who will stick to the 16th.

There are prople who can only donate once who will donate everything on the 30th.

There are people who will donate on the 16th because of the 30th.

Only time will tell how this plays out. If "the email" results in two mediocre bombs then there is no question that HQ has probably significantly lowered our chances of success. Even if the 30th is a small bomb of a million or two, and between now and then people give another million or so that would have other wise gone to the 16th, if the 16th then falls short of 10 million, then again, imho, campaign HQ has severely hurt the cause.

If, as Trevor hopes, we are able to bring in enough new contributors to replace those who give on the 30th, then no harm done and kudos to Trevor for taking lemons and making lemonade.

This is no disparagement to Congressman paul at all, but I believe his campaing people took a very short sighted view on this. Those of you that take the view of "the campaign knows its needs better than we do" - meh, we have them way ahead of fundraising schedule based on the goals which 6 weeks ago and prior to November 5th no one really thought we were going to meet. Those of you making a knee- jerk decision that "HQ always knows best", it is good to know you support central planning and believe that top-down organization is better and that 1 or 2 at the top know better than the combined creativity of the grassroots, you will feel very comfortable in a Hillary presidency where the government can do your thinking for you.

Hopefully, enough people will give on the 30th to meet the campaign's "critical need" ( really like the false scenario of "if we raised all $12 million the last week of December we would meet the goal but fail") but most will still give on the 16th.

The campaign said early on that they expected the fundraising to go $3 million in October, $4 million in November and $5 million in December. That means we are $500,000 away from where we needed to be by December 15, according to the campaign's own schedule. We are $2 million ahead of where we were expected to be in November.

I have a lot more respect for Trevor and others that have helped with the grassroots fundraising than anything I have seen out of the campaign. Ron Paul has said this is OUR campaign and he is just along for the ride. Start acting like it.

Don't revert back to being sheep who look to others to think for you.

Visual
11-22-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm waiting for the 16th for many reasons, both personal and political.

McDermit
11-22-2007, 12:20 PM
I just hope Trevor doesn't do anything to sabotage the 16th. No mention of the 30th on the site, and no emailing list members about it either.

wgadget
11-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Maybe we should bill the Tea Party money bomb as a" DUMP IT ALL" money bomb...You know....Go for MAXING OUT.

Craig_R
11-22-2007, 12:28 PM
I always pitch in when I can, but i'm going for broke on the 16th I just hope that not too many jump on this 30th stinker and screw up the "real" money bomb.

McDermit
11-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Maybe we should bill the Tea Party money bomb as a" DUMP IT ALL" money bomb...You know....Go for MAXING OUT.

Yep. It's our last chance to donate of the year (well, only 2 weeks left) and we should try to get as many people maxed out as possible. My ex and I have gotten most of our family members maxed out, and on the 16th, we'll be getting the last 6 who like RP but haven't yet donated to go all in.

We need to make a huge splash, and dumping it all on the 16th will accomplish that. None of this "save $100 for the teaparty crap." It's crunch time, we need as many people as possible to go all in, at the same time.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 12:30 PM

There were a few people who tried to pocket some of the tea during the Boston Tea Party. They threw them off the damn boat. Go all in for Paul!

born2drv
11-22-2007, 12:48 PM
last minute money bombs don't work... look at nov 11th... people REALLY believed nov 5th would be a huge event, like a $10-100M event, it was well coordinated with lots of time in advance, and they wanted to be part of that excitement and that's why they donated. nov 11th became a day of "well lets bring in another million", there was no excitement, no huge turn out expected.

even look at the other candidates supporters, they never really believed in their candidate or their ability to raise money, and so their money bombs fail as well.

i feel the same will happen to this nov 30th money bomb, people will not BELIEVE it will raise $10+M and so it will fail... sure it may raise $300K+ but it's affect of diluting the importantace and effectiveness of our real coordinated money bombs may be detrimental.

if we want dec 16th to work, we have to keep motivating each other, keep getting the word out and keep pressing hard..... mini-bombs are just that -- mini, we need to focus on the big one and not lose track of the big prize.

weatherbill
11-22-2007, 12:50 PM
An Enemy Would Love To Divide Us.....stick To The 16th!

THE 16TH MONEY BOMB WAS ADVERTISED HUGE IN USA TODAY NEWS PAPER NATION WIDE YESTERDAY AS WELL.......THE 30TH WAS NOT

LET'S ALL STICK TOGETHER AND CLAIM THE 16TH, ANNIVERSARY OF THE TEAPARTY OURS!!!! DO NOT BE DIVIDED!!!

fez2008
11-22-2007, 12:56 PM
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

There are going to be several outcomes to the new money bomb announcement. I have no idea how many people will fall into each group, of course and that is going to be what determines if the two bomb strategy succeeds or..... bombs.

There are people who will donate now, and will still try to meet whatever target they had set for the 16th.

There are people who will split their total donation.

There are people who can only donate once who will stick to the 16th.

There are prople who can only donate once who will donate everything on the 30th.

There are people who will donate on the 16th because of the 30th.

Only time will tell how this plays out. If "the email" results in two mediocre bombs then there is no question that HQ has probably significantly lowered our chances of success. Even if the 30th is a small bomb of a million or two, and between now and then people give another million or so that would have other wise gone to the 16th, if the 16th then falls short of 10 million, then again, imho, campaign HQ has severely hurt the cause.

If, as Trevor hopes, we are able to bring in enough new contributors to replace those who give on the 30th, then no harm done and kudos to Trevor for taking lemons and making lemonade.

This is no disparagement to Congressman paul at all, but I believe his campaing people took a very short sighted view on this. Those of you that take the view of "the campaign knows its needs better than we do" - meh, we have them way ahead of fundraising schedule based on the goals which 6 weeks ago and prior to November 5th no one really thought we were going to meet. Those of you making a knee- jerk decision that "HQ always knows best", it is good to know you support central planning and believe that top-down organization is better and that 1 or 2 at the top know better than the combined creativity of the grassroots, you will feel very comfortable in a Hillary presidency where the government can do your thinking for you.

Hopefully, enough people will give on the 30th to meet the campaign's "critical need" ( really like the false scenario of "if we raised all $12 million the last week of December we would meet the goal but fail") but most will still give on the 16th.

The campaign said early on that they expected the fundraising to go $3 million in October, $4 million in November and $5 million in December. That means we are $500,000 away from where we needed to be by December 15, according to the campaign's own schedule. We are $2 million ahead of where we were expected to be in November.

I have a lot more respect for Trevor and others that have helped with the grassroots fundraising than anything I have seen out of the campaign. Ron Paul has said this is OUR campaign and he is just along for the ride. Start acting like it.

Don't revert back to being sheep who look to others to think for you.

Great points!

Just Come Home
11-22-2007, 01:01 PM
If Dr. Paul wants me to abandon the Tea Party, then he can write a letter saying so. Otherwise, I am going to reserve my money for that day for maximum impact. I donated $50 yesterday. That's going to be $250 in two months. That's about my limit.

10thAmendmentMan
11-22-2007, 01:06 PM
The reason our "money bomb" worked so well is because of the psychological effect of being a part of something huge. People donated a second (or even in a few cases three or more times) because the total kept going up and up and up and they wanted to help continue the momentum. Two separate money bombs could potentially have less effect as a result.

literatim
11-22-2007, 01:07 PM
The reason our "money bomb" worked so well is because of the psychological effect of being a part of something huge. People donated a second (or even in a few cases three or more times) because the total kept going up and up and up and they wanted to help continue the momentum. Two separate money bombs could potentially have less effect as a result.

Harry96
11-22-2007, 02:14 PM
I opened this thread hoping it was about how Obama's and Thompson's money bombs bombed.

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 02:17 PM

STAY POSITIVE, stay united and promote whatever date, but promote something, complaining doesn't chance the situation, we need fresh blood, so go get it no matter which date you use.