PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLVII contest winner denied entry due to 32-year-old pot arrest

noneedtoaggress
02-03-2013, 09:05 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/super-bowl-xlvii-contest-winner-denied-entry-due-to-32-year-old-pot-arrest

According to a CBC Canadian news report regarding the Super Bowl, one ought to think twice before laughing off previous lawless actions regarding pot possession and smoking – even in these times when the push by some states is to legalize marijuana. On Sunday, it was revealed that Myles Wilkinson, the winner of a trip to Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans was denied the benefits of winning a fantasy football contest a couple of days ago when United States Customs wouldn’t let him enter the country from Canada due to a thirty-two-year-old pot arrest.

Sandy Hook Choir and Jennifer Hudson: "America the Beautiful" Video

Super Bowl XLVII Political Bets

Wilkinson, 50, was arrested and convicted for possession of two grams of marijuana back in 1981. That arrest is still on his record and was the reason he was denied entry into the United States where – and only where – he could retrieve his tremendous prize.

The Vancouver Island resident beat the incredible odds of edging out approximately four million other players to with the prize which would have allowed him a trip to New Orleans to see the San Francisco 49ers play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.

At the airport, however, United States Customs agents unearthed the arrest the man had when he was 19, and he was denied entry to the country.

Wilkinson was quoted as saying:

I had two grams of cannabis. I paid a $50 fine. I can’t believe that this is happening for something that happened 32 years ago.

Bud Light Canada, the sponsor of the contest, invited Wilkinson to a Super Bowl party in Vancouver as a consolation. No word as to whether Wilkinson got over his shock and is attending the party there.

Anti Federalist
02-03-2013, 09:15 PM
VVVVVVVVVV

Anti Federalist
02-03-2013, 09:16 PM
You're better off.

You don't want to come here now anyways...

PaulConventionWV
02-03-2013, 09:37 PM
You're better off.

You don't want to come here now anyways...

I'm sure he would've been fine for a few days to watch a football game.

jclay2
02-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Maybe this will wake the guy up that there are more important things happening right now than foozball.

Edit: BTW, Raise your hand if you didn't watch the super bowl or the entire season for that matter.

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 11:04 PM
BTW, Raise your hand if you didn't watch the super bowl or the entire season for that matter.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3f1h4pSuE1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Smart3
02-03-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm a determinist so I only watch the end game (Super Bowl, World Series, etc) and assume those were really the best teams.

it was a good game.

jclay2
02-03-2013, 11:07 PM

Lol. thats hilarious.

Anti Federalist
02-03-2013, 11:19 PM

The fact that he could not even get here, is a fair indication that everything is pretty fucking far from "fine".

How's that for a database huh?

A 32 year old, $50 fine.

Wait until your medical records, psych records, prescriptions and purchasing habits tie into them all.

Oh yeah, we'll be "fine" all right.

osan
02-03-2013, 11:23 PM

What he said. I can think of few things as utterly pointless and boring. Talk about a waste of time.

JK/SEA
02-03-2013, 11:40 PM
let this be a warning to all you pot smokin' hippies...

fr33
02-04-2013, 12:11 AM

There are freer countries to visit in the world.

ClydeCoulter
02-04-2013, 12:15 AM
The superbowl was today?

Mani
02-04-2013, 05:11 AM
Interesting that America lost a customer ready to pay some money in it's country.

Even if he had tix and airfare covered. Maybe he needs to a room, may or may not be covered. He still has to buy meals, buy some trinkets and paraphernalia, jerseys, etc. Cities would not be fighting to host these games if income wasn't being generated from all the visitors.

With all the complaints about the deficit and not having enough money...What about opening up the border for some tourism $$$$?

This isn't the first time something like this has happened, it is happening non-stop, every single day. Doesn't that hurt the economy if the borders are not allowing tourism $$$ to flow into the country?

mrsat_98
02-04-2013, 05:50 AM
Maybe this will wake the guy up that there are more important things happening right now than foozball.

Edit: BTW, Raise your hand if you didn't watch the super bowl or the entire season for that matter.

Raises hand.

FindLiberty
02-04-2013, 05:58 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDhGvBu0tdxK0knepAQgOSK45bgbUpX 7-hPYmjJjYqGnHJvAGnug

Danke
02-04-2013, 06:30 AM

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/2932.jpg

cjm
02-04-2013, 06:53 AM

I didn't watch the superbowl but not for lack of trying. I checked into a hotel and went to the bar to get a sandwich and watch a bit of the game. I spotted a stool that looked like it was a good spot and sat down and ordered a beer. When I looked over at the game, there was a huge pillar in the way -- couldn't see anything even if I leaned. The bar tender suggested that I move over to a bar table that was three feet over and watch the game from there. I said, "no thanks" and watched some Sex in the City on the other TV that was viewable. Then there was some Strongest Man competition stuff. I heard the halftime show and I suppose I heard some of the action, but I never saw a snap. I seemed to have missed the rest of the season too. I don't have anything against football per se, I just wouldn't move over 3 feet to watch it I guess.

Danke
02-04-2013, 07:19 AM
I didn't watch the superbowl but not for lack of trying. I checked into a hotel and went to the bar to get a sandwich and watch a bit of the game. I spotted a stool that looked like it was a good spot and sat down and ordered a beer. When I looked over at the game, there was a huge pillar in the way -- couldn't see anything even if I leaned. The bar tender suggested that I move over to a bar table that was three feet over and watch the game from there. I said, "no thanks" and watched some Sex in the City on the other TV that was viewable. Then there was some Strongest Man competition stuff. I heard the halftime show and I suppose I heard some of the action, but I never saw a snap. I seemed to have missed the rest of the season too. I don't have anything against football per se, I just wouldn't move over 3 feet to watch it I guess.

Fascinating story dude.

TonySutton
02-04-2013, 07:40 AM
He should have flown to Mexico and just crossed the border from there.

kathy88
02-04-2013, 07:48 AM

HAHAHHA. Nice.

ItsTime
02-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Good we don't need any more people spending money here.

Origanalist
02-04-2013, 08:08 AM

Ding! ding! ding! No problemo.

camp_steveo
02-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Well, I don't know about y'all, but I feel safer knowing that this dangerous criminal was kept out.

/SMH

Anti Federalist
02-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Ban.

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/2932.jpg