PDA

View Full Version : Man charged in fatal shooting of ex-SEAL/author

QuickZ06
02-03-2013, 10:36 AM
This is that same guy who supposedly punched Jesse Ventura in the face.

A 25-year-old man was charged with murder in the deaths of former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and another man at a Texas gun range, the Texas Department of Public Safety said Sunday.

Sgt. Lonny Haschel said in a news release that 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster was arraigned Saturday evening on two counts of capital murder.
Haschel said Erath County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call about a shooting at the Rough Creek Lodge, west of Glen Rose, at about 5:30 p.m.

Saturday. Police found the bodies of Kyle, 38, and Chad Littlefield, 35, at the shooting range. Glen Rose is about 50 miles southwest of Fort Worth.

Police said Routh opened fire on Kyle and Littlefield around 3:30 p.m. Saturday, then fled in a Ford pickup truck. At about 8 p.m., Routh arrived at his home in Lancaster, about 17 miles southeast of Dallas. Police arrested him after a brief pursuit and took him to the Lancaster Police Department.

The Lancaster Police Department referred all calls to the Texas Department of Public Safety in Garland, and a phone message about where Routh is being held was not immediately returned Sunday.

The motive for the shooting was unclear.

Kyle wrote the best-selling book, "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History," detailing his 150-plus kills of insurgents from 1999 to 2009. A news release from Travis Cox, director of FITCO Cares, a nonprofit Kyle helped start, said Kyle served four tours of duty.
"Chris died doing what he filled his heart with passion — serving soldiers struggling with the fight to overcome PTSD," Cox said in the release. "He will be forever missed."

Kyle is survived by his wife, Taya, and their children, the nonprofit's release said.

Kyle was sued by former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura over a portion of the book that claims Kyle punched Ventura in a 2006 bar fight over unpatriotic remarks. Ventura says the punch never happened and that the claim by Kyle defamed him.

Kyle had asked that Ventura's claims of invasion of privacy and "unjust enrichment" be dismissed, saying there was no legal basis for them. But a federal judge said the lawsuit should proceed. Both sides were told to be ready for trial by Aug. 1.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-charged-fatal-shooting-ex-seal-author-150201265.html

phill4paul
02-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Might as well ask to get it merged with this thread.....http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?403321-Chris-Kyle-quot-Devil-of-Ramadi-quot-shot-dead-at-range&p=4852849#post4852849. It'll end up in HT anyway.

QuickZ06
02-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Might as well ask to get it merged with this thread.....http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?403321-Chris-Kyle-quot-Devil-of-Ramadi-quot-shot-dead-at-range&p=4852849#post4852849. It'll end up in HT anyway.

Dang did a search but nothing came up, whoops. You're just too quick for me phill.

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 10:47 AM
The guy shoots two combat veterans,, while they are armed at a shooting range.
Drives over 70 miles away..
and is arrested by some Podunk cops without resistance.

Yup,, makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

NOT

phill4paul
02-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Dang did a search but nothing came up, whoops. You're just too quick for me phill.

For some reason I've been having search problems ever since the RPF 'crash' of '13. Lol.

awake
02-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Eddie Ray Routh Information (http://www.punditpress.com/2013/02/eddie-ray-routh-information.html)

Posted by Matthew at 12:44 AM Email This (http://www.blogger.com/share-post.g?blogID=3002295256310995661&postID=3669740114980821220&target=email)BlogThis! (http://www.blogger.com/share-post.g?blogID=3002295256310995661&postID=3669740114980821220&target=blog)Share to Twitter (http://www.blogger.com/share-post.g?blogID=3002295256310995661&postID=3669740114980821220&target=twitter)Share to Facebook (http://www.blogger.com/share-post.g?blogID=3002295256310995661&postID=3669740114980821220&target=facebook)

Eddie Ray Routh is in custody for allegedly killing Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle on a gun range. Routh is 25 and was picked up by police (http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Famed-Navy-SEAL-Chris-Kyle-shot-killed-in-N-Texas-189539281.html).
The Erath County Sheriff's Office issued an alert for the arrest of the suspect, who was later identified as Eddie Routh, 25. Officials warned that Routh was traveling in a Ford F-150 pickup with large tires and rims. They said he was believed to be highly trained with military experience.

Routh was reportedly later captured in Lancaster, south of Dallas.

Investigators believe Routh, a former Marine, turned his weapon on Kyle and the second victim before fleeing the scene.

Update: Some more information (http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/02/02/4595767/top-navy-seal-sniper-killed-on.html):
The motive of the shooting remained unclear, Bryant said. "Not a clue; absolutely no idea."

WFAA/Channel 8 quoted unnamed sources as saying that Kyle of Midlothian and a neighbor had taken Routh on an outing to help him deal with post-traumatic stress disorder. Routh turned on the men and shot them in the back, the report added.

The sheriff said he could not confirm how the victims were shot.

In January 2012, the Cleburne Times-Review reported that Routh of Lancaster was arrested in Johnson county on a DWI charge. Public records showed Routh previously lived in Camp LeJeune, N.C., site of a major Marine base.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/02/02/4595767/top-navy-seal-sniper-killed-on.html#storylink=cpy
And a picture of the suspect (http://www.punditpress.com/2013/02/eddie-ray-routh-picture.html).

Update 2: One news source is reporting that he is an Iraq War veteran.

Guess you can't trust your fellow soldiers... live by the gun; die by the gun.

QuickZ06
02-03-2013, 10:58 AM
For some reason I've been having search problems ever since the RPF 'crash' of '13. Lol.

Crash of 2013!!!

QuickZ06
02-03-2013, 10:59 AM

NOT

My thoughts exactly.

Feeding the Abscess
02-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Comment from some puke on HuffPo:

In response to "live by the sword, die by the sword". (Romans 13:1-5) The military and law enforcement are God's avenging angels. Read it, its very enlightening.Thank God for the brave who fight for the free. God bless America.

Whoever Eddie Ray Routh is, he's more a hero than Chris Kyle. He at least killed a mass murderer instead of women and children. And he won't write books about shooting women and children and garner fame and fortune from it.

ghengis86
02-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Oh, the three name patsy trend continues...

AuH20
02-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Comment from some puke on HuffPo:

Whoever Eddie Ray Routh is, he's more a hero than Chris Kyle. He at least killed a mass murderer instead of women and children. And he won't write books about shooting women and children and garner fame and fortune from it.

:confused::confused: Chris Kyle has many warts but this statement is utterly ridiculous. This man shot Kyle in the back while he was trying to help him cope with his PTSD.

phill4paul
02-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Oh, the three name patsy trend continues...

Yeah, that caught my attention as well.

QuickZ06
02-03-2013, 11:05 AM
This man shot Kyle in the back while he was trying to help him cope with his PTSD.

Seems we have an expert here. You know what everyone else here knows, NOTHING.

AuH20
02-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Seems we have an expert here. You know what everyone else here knows, NOTHING.

I was answering FtA's nonsense celebrating Routh as some sort of hero.

Feeding the Abscess
02-03-2013, 11:07 AM
:confused::confused: Chris Kyle has many warts but this statement is utterly ridiculous. This man shot Kyle in the back while he was trying to help him cope with his PTSD.

Which is scores more heroic than sniping women and children. Then writing a book about it, going on national TV media to brag about it, and profiting from it.

QuickZ06
02-03-2013, 11:08 AM
I was answering FtA's nonsense celebrating Routh as some sort of hero.

Just sayin man, this is the MSM we are getting our information from. As you have already known (preaching to the choir here), they are getting DC's backs right now on gun control. He might not even have PTSD.

AuH20
02-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Which is scores more heroic than sniping women and children. Then writing a book about it, going on national TV media to brag about it, and profiting from it.

If he killed Kyle in an active theater of operations, then maybe there would be credence to your statement. He apparently shot Kyle in a relaxed civilian setting with the subject's back turned. In other words, a cowardly SOB or he may have been a MK Ultra spawn.

AuH20
02-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Just sayin man, this is the MSM we are getting our information from. As you already known (preaching to the choir here), they are getting DC's backs right now on gun control.

It could have been a government hit and we have jackasses celebrating it.

phill4paul
02-03-2013, 11:12 AM
If he killed Kyle in an active theater of operations. He apparently shot Kyle in a relaxed civilian setting with the subject's back turned. In other words, a cowardly SOB or he may have been a MK Ultra spawn.

He was suffering from PTSD. I wonder what he was taking?

Feeding the Abscess
02-03-2013, 11:12 AM
If he killed Kyle in an active theater of operations. He apparently shot Kyle in a relaxed civilian setting with the subject's back turned. In other words, a cowardly SOB or he may have been a MK Ultra spawn.

A cowardly SOB is still scores more heroic than some ****** who snipes women and children - women and children who lived in civilian settings turned into killzones by asshats like Chris Kyle.

phill4paul
02-03-2013, 11:14 AM

Makes me wonder if the SEAL community was getting ready to come forward because of Benghazi. Two SEALs died there ( I wonder if either were team mates of Kyle) and a bunch of S.O.s are pissed over it.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/special-ops-vets-demand-benghazi-answers/

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 11:21 AM

It very well could have been,, but then that would discredit your earlier statements regarding who, and how he was shot.

and PTSD???
Isn't that another manufactured Psyche disorder like ADHD (which has NO Clinical definition nor scientific evidence)

Feeding the Abscess
02-03-2013, 11:26 AM

The government, taking out one of its biggest cheerleaders? Do you even read what you are writing? C'mon, man, I know you know better than that.

AuH20
02-03-2013, 11:35 AM
The government, taking out one of its biggest cheerleaders? Do you even read what you are writing? C'mon, man, I know you know better than that.

Did you see some of the man's recent interviews?????? I'm not saying Kyle was an American hero, but he wasn't a yesman for the regime.

awake
02-03-2013, 11:37 AM
He recently made anti gun control comments to a website. He was in favor of arming teachers and such...Its ironic that that his demise fits the anti gun forces narrative like a glove. As well, Navy Seals are selected on how well they keep confidentiality and covert...I guess its not that way anymore. It seems like some Seals are blabber mouth rock stars, which defeats the whole concept of black operations.

At any rate, you had a PTSD cook off resulting in a murder. Killing human beings violates our spirit and inner moral code. Its a one sided transaction: for medals, money, fame and hero worship, will you kill on my command?

Feeding the Abscess
02-03-2013, 11:39 AM
He recently made anti gun control comments to a website. He was in favor of arming teachers and such...Its ironic that that his demise fits the anti gun forces narrative like a glove. As well, Navy Seals are selected on how well they keep confidentiality and covert...I guess its not that way anymore. It seems like some Seals are blabber mouth rock stars, which defeats the whole concept of black operations.

Or, alternatively, he was doing his master's bidding.

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 11:52 AM
At any rate, you had a PTSD cook off resulting in a murder.

I don't know that. neither does anyone else here.
That is the story.
a story that could be skewed,, or manufactured in entirety.

Perhaps the killer knew something and was going to be offed by the others,,but got the upper hand.
I don't know. And I could speculate on a half dozen other possible scenarios regarding what happened.

I do not accept the official stories, due to a long list of known lies from the media and Police "Investigations".

As to PTSD,, Another Psyche Disorder,, manufactured by the industry (that has no ethical restraints) and being used to disarm Veterans.

I could give a shit about some mercenary murderer. But the propaganda needs to be countered.

angelatc
02-03-2013, 12:00 PM

Yeah, I don't believe that pansy-ass do-gooder story for one second. The media is just trying to make sure he died a hero.

vita3
02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
It all Smells Fishy to me

angelatc
02-03-2013, 12:14 PM
As to PTSD,, Another Psyche Disorder,, manufactured by the industry (that has no ethical restraints) and being used to disarm Veterans.

It's what we call "a conscience" in layman's terms.

AuH20
02-03-2013, 12:20 PM

When you are in a threatening combat situation for an extended period of time, your nervous system starts to show wear and tear. That's what PTSD largely is.

AuH20
02-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I don't believe that pansy-ass do-gooder story for one second. The media is just trying to make sure he died a hero.

With men like Kyle, they are neither wholly consumed by evil or a lily-white patriotic hero like some portray them. There is alot of gray. Kyle donated significant proceeds from his book to help injured SEALs.

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 12:27 PM

Perhaps so.
That would mean that only true Psychopaths would be immune.

PatriotOne
02-03-2013, 12:37 PM
My spidey senses are telling me no conspiracy this time. That Kyle guy was a Grade A narcissistic blood thristy psycho and probably made alot of enemies over the years. Probably just pissed off the wrong guy this time.

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 12:40 PM
My spidey senses are telling me no conspiracy this time. That Kyle guy was a Grade A narcissistic blood thristy psycho and probably made alot of enemies over the years. Probably just pissed off the wrong guy this time.

That is entirely possible. Likely even.
But is the Suspect/Patsy one of them?

PatriotOne
02-03-2013, 12:49 PM
That is entirely possible. Likely even.
But is the Suspect/Patsy one of them?

One of who? Whose "them"?

phill4paul
02-03-2013, 12:51 PM

I'm not an expert, but, it seems to me that taking someone to a firing range that suffers PTSD may not be the best therapy. Again, I don't know, and I wouldn't want to label all PTSD cases the same as everyone deals with things differently.

Flashbacks and dissociation are often triggered or cued by some kind of reminder of a traumatic event (for example, encountering certain people, going to specific places), or some other stressful experience. Therefore, it is important to identify the specific things that trigger flashbacks or dissociation.

http://ptsd.about.com/od/selfhelp/a/flashcoping.htm

UpperDecker
02-03-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm not an expert, but, it seems to me that taking someone to a firing range that suffers PTSD may not be the best therapy. Again, I don't know, and I wouldn't want to label all PTSD cases the same as everyone deals with things differently.

My thoughts exactly on this, it just does not seem like a good thing to do at all. He could have put the gun in his hands and it triggered some kind of flashback.

PatriotOne
02-03-2013, 12:59 PM

I certainly wouldn't argue with that logic either. Then again who knows if the guy even had PSTD. I give very little credence to unnamed source quotes.

WFAA/Channel 8 quoted unnamed sources as saying that Kyle of Midlothian and a neighbor had taken Routh on an outing to help him deal with post-traumatic stress disorder. Routh turned on the men and shot them in the back, the report added.

The Gold Standard
02-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Nothing to see here, just another coincidence. Now move along plebes and get to your Super Bowl parties.

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 01:04 PM
One of who? Whose "them"?

That Kyle guy was a Grade A narcissistic blood thristy psycho and probably made alot of enemies over the years. Probably just pissed off the wrong guy this time.
One of his enemies.

AuH20
02-03-2013, 01:06 PM
I just heard firsthand testimony from family members that this Routh character was off his rocker and introduced to a new cocktail of meds recently. The family members supposedly did not want their son released from the psych facility.

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 01:08 PM

I don't really buy into the whole PTSD hype.

But what makes someone think that taking someone you believe has a violent Psychological disorder, to a range and then turning your back to them is a good idea?

several aspects of this make little sense to me,, as presented.

PatriotOne
02-03-2013, 01:09 PM
One of his enemies.

Oh. At the very least, he is now an ex-friend :p.

PatriotOne
02-03-2013, 01:10 PM
I just heard firsthand testimony from family members that this Routh character was off his rocker and introduced to a new cocktail of meds recently. The family members supposedly did not want their son released from the psych facility.

On the news or ???

AuH20
02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
On the news or ???

Nope. People close to his family in Texas. Parents are angry.

phill4paul
02-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Nope. People close to his family.

Then that would be "second hand" information. Just to clarify.

AuH20
02-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Then that would be "second hand" information. Just to clarify.

His sister (in lancaster) called the cops in response to Eddie Ray's shocking reply about where he got the truck-

"Doesn't matter. He's dead anyway."

vita3
02-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Did his sister know he was going to this shooting event? How did he get there?

PatriotOne
02-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Well this is different. This implies it wasn't the shooter who Chris Kyle took to the shooting range but a different guy who was at the same event.....

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/02/02/American-Sniper-Chris-Kyle-Killed-at-Texas-Gun-Range

UPDATE: A close friend tells Breitbart News that Chris Kyle was at a veterans' charity event, helping a fellow military member learn sniper shooting technique, and that he was shot by a Marine suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome. The suspect, Eddie Ray Routh, has been arrested in Lancaster, Texas in connection with the shooting.

AuH20
02-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Did his sister know he was going to this shooting event? How did he get there?

Good question. Maybe this nutjob was set up??

Bastiat's The Law
02-03-2013, 01:33 PM
When you are in a threatening combat situation for an extended period of time, your nervous system starts to show wear and tear. That's what PTSD largely is.
It was called shell-shock before PTSD. The ignorance on this forum has no bounds apparently. I'm not referencing you AuH20, but the kooks you're responding to. Calling the guy who murdered Kyle and his neighbor a "hero" is disgraceful. I can see why the mods of this forum try to hide the postings of their own members in Hot Topics now. That just turns the average person off.

Bastiat's The Law
02-03-2013, 01:35 PM
I don't really buy into the whole PTSD hype.

But what makes someone think that taking someone you believe has a violent Psychological disorder, to a range and then turning your back to them is a good idea?

several aspects of this make little sense to me,, as presented.
Have you ever seen combat?

SeanTX
02-03-2013, 01:42 PM
I I can see why the mods of this forum try to hide the postings of their own members in Hot Topics now. That just turns the average person off.

If you want a forum where everyone is a Walter Mitty -- neoCon -- Special Ops jock sniffer, ARFCOM is down the hall, to the right.

LibForestPaul
02-03-2013, 01:45 PM
A cowardly SOB is still scores more heroic than some ****** who snipes women and children - women and children who lived in civilian settings turned into killzones by asshats like Chris Kyle.

If you follow orders and do as you are told and destroy human lives, you are a hero. Do you require additional conditioning?

AuH20
02-03-2013, 01:47 PM
If you follow orders and do as you are told and destroy human lives, you are a hero. Do you require additional conditioning?

Sure, there are ruthless killers that revel in following immoral orders, but if I dropped you in the middle of a warzone, I'm sure you would defend yourself. It isn't black and white as some make it out to be. This is the same mentality directed at returning Vietnam vets who were derisively labeled as baby killers, when a majority were simply fighting for each other and trying to stay alive in an untenable situation.

Feeding the Abscess
02-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Sure, there are ruthless killers that revel in following amoral orders, but if I dropped you in the middle of a warzone, I'm sure you would defend yourself. It isn't black and white as some make it out to be. This is the same mentality directed at returning Vietnam vets who were derisively labeled as baby killers, when a majority were simply fighting for each other and trying to stay alive in an untenable situation.

Chris Kyle wasn't some berserker barbarian who was teleported into a melee warzone against hordes of evil doers, like Diablo II or God of War. He sniped in hiding spots under orders from an imperialist, invading force, one that has dropped two nuclear bombs on civilian targets and has decimated or otherwise toppled at least a dozen nations since that disgraceful act.

AuH20
02-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Chris Kyle wasn't some berserker barbarian who was teleported into a melee warzone against hordes of evil doers, like Diablo II or God of War. He sniped in hiding spots under orders from an imperialist, invading force, one that has dropped two nuclear bombs on civilian targets and has decimated or otherwise toppled at least a dozen nations since that disgraceful act.

I wasn't necessarly talking about Chris Kyle. I was talking about the average GI who signs his enlistment contract.

Valli6
02-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Well this is different. This implies it wasn't the shooter who Chris Kyle took to the shooting range but a different guy who was at the same event.....

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/02/02/American-Sniper-Chris-Kyle-Killed-at-Texas-Gun-Range

UPDATE: A close friend tells Breitbart News that Chris Kyle was at a veterans' charity event, helping a fellow military member learn sniper shooting technique, and that he was shot by a Marine suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome. The suspect, Eddie Ray Routh, has been arrested in Lancaster, Texas in connection with the shooting.

Yes, another source has reported that they were attending a charity event - with no other connection to the shooter.

Kyle, 38, and Littlefield were at the gun range on Saturday afternoon for charity event on behalf of Kyle’s Dallas-based security firm Craft International, when they were shot and killed.
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/officials-identify-other-victim-of-shooting-that-killed-sniper-chris-kyle.html/

Roth was arrested for DWI early last month (1/4/12). Maybe attending this event was suggested as "therapy"?

Eddie Ray Routh, 24, of Lancaster, DWI with open container, $1,500 bond. http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/local/x594871163/1-9-Precinct-1-magistrations

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 02:09 PM

Yes,, Though not with a recognized military force. I have been shot at and missed (rounds within inches) several times.
I was also in the US Army infantry.
I also lived in a Maximum Security Prison and walked through other people blood on my way to breakfast.
I have had to fight for my life on more than one occasion.

What is your point?

Lucille
02-03-2013, 02:14 PM

Exactly. What a dumbass.

"If ever I was sure that someone was coming to help me, I should run like hell."
--Henry David Thoreau

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 02:22 PM

What does that have to do with this,,

oyarde
02-03-2013, 02:25 PM

NOTYou are correct , sounds fishy.

PatriotOne
02-03-2013, 02:26 PM
It was called shell-shock before PTSD. The ignorance on this forum has no bounds apparently. I'm not referencing you AuH20, but the kooks you're responding to. Calling the guy who murdered Kyle and his neighbor a "hero" is disgraceful. I can see why the mods of this forum try to hide the postings of their own members in Hot Topics now. That just turns the average person off.

I've definately noticed an increase in "radicalization" on the forums. The new rule is "The only good ______ is a dead ______. Insert any number of professions such as cop, lawyer, prosecuting attorney, Republican, Democrat, member of the military, etc. It's not a good thing.

Lucille
02-03-2013, 02:35 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/04/us/chris-kyle-american-sniper-author-reported-killed.html?_r=0

was with a struggling former soldier on just such an outing on Saturday, hoping that a day at a shooting range would bring some relief, said a friend, Travis Cox.

But the Texas authorities said Sunday that for unknown reasons, the man turned on Mr. Kyle and a second man, Chad Littlefield, shooting and killing both before fleeing in a pickup truck.

“Chad and Chris had taken a veteran out to shoot to try to help him,” Mr. Cox said. “And they were killed.”

The police identified the gunman as Eddie Ray Routh, a 25-year-old veteran with a history of mental illness who had served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. The police offered no information about a possible motive.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda:

http://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/military.html

KingNothing
02-03-2013, 03:55 PM
With men like Kyle, they are neither wholly consumed by evil or a lily-white patriotic hero like some portray them. There is alot of gray. Kyle donated significant proceeds from his book to help injured SEALs.

You are preaching to deeply troubled people who are not grounded in reality.

KingNothing
02-03-2013, 03:57 PM

This forum has several people that seem to be completely insane. I have no idea why their hatred and absurdity is tolerated.

phill4paul
02-03-2013, 04:00 PM
You are preaching to deeply troubled people who are not grounded in reality.

Reality is uniquely subjective to each individual. We here should know this for each in our own way have been told that our beliefs are not grounded in reality by others.

BlackJack
02-03-2013, 04:25 PM
I've definately noticed an increase in "radicalization" on the forums. The new rule is "The only good ______ is a dead ______. Insert any number of professions such as cop, lawyer, prosecuting attorney, Republican, Democrat, member of the military, etc. It's not a good thing.

And as you unsuccessfully attempt to portray the smooth talking Devil's Advocate, many of the individuals from those fields are committing outrageous crimes and are slowly stripping away your personal freedoms. It's not a good thing to refuse to pay attention to what your govt is doing.

PatriotOne
02-03-2013, 04:44 PM
It's not a good thing to refuse to pay attention to what your govt is doing.

If there was a degree given out for "paying attention" to what my gov was doing I would have a PhD in it.

BlackJack
02-03-2013, 04:56 PM
If there was a degree given out for "paying attention" to what my gov was doing I would have a PhD in it.

But you don't have a PhD in anything.

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 04:57 PM
I am not calling the man accused a hero. I believe the word I used was "possible patsy".

I certainly would not call this mercenary sniper a hero. ( I have a different view of Heroism perhaps)

What I have done is question this entire story. I generally distrust both the government and the propaganda ministry.

A Son of Liberty
02-03-2013, 05:07 PM
"160 confirmed kills", I understand.

I would not want to be Chris Kyle right now.

Mercy on his soul.

And those of his victims, of course.

alucard13mmfmj
02-03-2013, 05:09 PM
So you have a guy that suffers from post traumatic stress disorder and they took him to a gun range? wtf?

i think the gunfire scared the caused the guy to become even more unstable... maybe borderline schizo or paranoia.

the dude needs mental help.. not prison or death. it is the government's fault and responsiblity the guy is like that.

AFPVet
02-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Now I didn't go to detective school like some of my cop friends, but the more I look at it, the more it seems like this wasn't just a 'random murder'. This looks like it was a planned hit.

klamath
02-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Threads like this just demonstrate how wars and killing will go on. I didn't read the snipers book but from the title he revels in the act of killing because he believed his cause was so just and then you have "susposed" peace loving libertarians reveling in his killing because their cause against him was so just. Do I believe these libertarians could be as ruthless in their killing if the civil war ever happens in this country? Unfortunately Yes. When you have that much hate a lot can be justified....

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 05:49 PM
I didn't read the snipers book but from the title he revels in the act of killing because he believed his cause was so just

Do you even think about what you are typing?

I don't care for killing,, even my rabbits when I harvest them.
I will not revel in it if killing men becomes necessary.

I was recruited (attempted) for Angola and Rhodesia. to kill jungle bunnies.. That was the exact term used by the CIA recruiter.

I have heard quite enough from those in the present wars talk about "sand nigers".

"his cause was just" :(
give me a fuckin' break.

squarepusher
02-03-2013, 06:00 PM
most likely this is a false flag/setup in order to pass gun ban laws/take your guns

klamath
02-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Do you even think about what you are typing?

I don't care for killing,, even my rabbits when I harvest them.
I will not revel in it if killing men becomes necessary.

I was recruited (attempted) for Angola and Rhodesia. to kill jungle bunnies.. That was the exact term used by the CIA recruiter.

I have heard quite enough from those in the present wars talk about "sand nigers".

"his cause was just" :(
give me a fuckin' break.
He "believed" his cause was just. Did you say good he was dead or good for the guy that killed him?

pcosmar
02-03-2013, 06:32 PM
He "believed" his cause was just. Did you say good he was dead or good for the guy that killed him?

I said I don't know. I don't know if that guy killed him or someone else.
I don't think he was a hero,, nothing but another mercenary. And more "Wag the Dog".

Pro war Propaganda.

and my first post in this thread,,

NOT

I don't buy it.

Anti Federalist
02-03-2013, 06:41 PM
You Reap What You Sow

Posted by Laurence Vance on February 3, 2013 07:51 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/131736.html

Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL and the U.S. military's most lethal sniper, was fatally shot yesterday on a gun range by another veteran. Kyle and a neighbor had taken a veteran on an outing to help him deal with post-traumatic stress disorder. The guy then reportedly turned on the men and shot them in the back.

Kyle was awarded two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals. "I don't care about the medals," Kyle told the Star-Telegram in a 2012 interview. "I didn't do it for the money or the awards. I did it because I felt like it was something that needed to be done and it was honorable." Kyle, the son of a deacon, wrote in his book American Sniper that he had zero remorse for his combat kills. He said that every person he shot was trying to harm Americans or Iraqis loyal to the new government.

Wrote Kyle: "I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job."

Now is his chance.

Anti Federalist
02-03-2013, 06:48 PM
And please spare me the crocodile tears, the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth over this man's untimely demise.

This guy was killer for the Empire, then came home and got rich selling a book full of anecdotes about that killing to be be bought up by a bunch of " 'Merica! Fuck Yeah!" yahoos, so everybody could have a good laugh at people getting blown away for doing nothing but trying to defend their home and country against a vastly superior and aggressive invader.

I never wished any harm on the man, and I'm not "reveling" in his death...

But by God, sometimes He exacts his punishment against the wicked in this world right before our eyes.

Anti Federalist
02-03-2013, 06:49 PM

Shocked...shocked I am.

jkob
02-03-2013, 06:59 PM
I don't know anything but gun range seems like odd place to bring a vet with PTSD

bolil
02-03-2013, 07:12 PM
It is all a sham. They want to inculcate a fear of veterans, combat veterans, the real deal. They, TPTB, understand that these vets, the real mcoy that have seen their freinds die violent deaths for bullshit or have been forced to kill another person in defense of themselves or a friend, pose the greatest threat to their crackdown indeed the only pertinent threat.

The truth, as I see it, is that people make decisions, and for better and often worse those decisions often put them behind in hostile territory. Once your there, the hostiles, chain of command or the "enemy", are not like to let you leave. I cannot judge this man, but the once-would-have-been-marine in me says "If you were there, you would kill anyone that might hurt your brothers"

I understand that the warriors are send on a fools task, I embrace the notion that without the privates the war could not be fought, I reject logic in this instance and say that many of them sent overseas to fight for empire do so for what seems like good reasons. Let us hope I am right, and the subversive elements will quiver when they find the men they trained standing between them and total power.

It don't mean nothing. Semper Fidelis. Smedly Butler watches still;

sparebulb
02-03-2013, 07:16 PM
UNFORTUNATELY, Jesse Ventura will drop his lawsuit against this guy. And, most likely, he will issue a short, classy statement regretting the untimely death of a fellow former SEAL.

But, the last thing that Ventura will do is say a bad word about Kyle. Which, ironically, is what Kyle accused Ventura of doing about his former fellow SEALS.

Ventura will probably go to his grave being classy. Kyle? Not so much.

bolil
02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
The ones that fight overthere, are the ones that will fight here. Or so I hope. I am no violent man, and war elicits a physical response in me akin to alcohol induced vomit and a psychological one that recoils in the face of tyranny. Young men fight. We like to fight. We like to be honored, and when the media hails us as heroes for going over there some, indeed many, of us are bound to take the bait.

They spit on my dad when he came back from vietnam. A young man who fought the wrong war for all the right reasons.

NorfolkPCSolutions
02-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Who wanted this man dead, why, and how long will it take for people to call for the truth?

Vince Foster? Paul Wellstone? Ron Brown???

How long until the shooters are suicided? Fuck

Michael Landon
02-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Eddie Ray Routh kills two guys, eh? That's nothing....Brandon Routh killed the last Superman movie.

Brandon 1, Eddie 0.

- ML

BlackJack
02-03-2013, 09:08 PM
And please spare me the crocodile tears, the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth over this man's untimely demise.

This guy was killer for the Empire, then came home and got rich selling a book full of anecdotes about that killing to be be bought up by a bunch of " 'Merica! Fuck Yeah!" yahoos, so everybody could have a good laugh at people getting blown away for doing nothing but trying to defend their home and country against a vastly superior and aggressive invader.

I never wished any harm on the man, and I'm not "reveling" in his death...

But by God, sometimes He exacts his punishment against the wicked in this world right before our eyes.

" 'Merica! Fuck Yeah! yahoos." LOL

PreDeadMan
02-04-2013, 09:21 PM
It's hard to feel sorry for a person who murdered innocent people. I guess you reap what you sow.