PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher Explains Glenn Beck's scams

Agorism
02-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Bill Maher Explains Glenn Beck's scams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPzE2VIn4gg&feature=youtu.be

nobody's_hero
02-02-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't like Glenn Beck but this sucked.

Maher has a very elitist tone when he speaks. At least Glenn Beck manages to act like he's for the little guy.

Liberals also seem to always equate marketing with a scam of some sort, which pisses me off. I remember how many times they tried to say Ron Paul was just running to sell books.

UpperDecker
02-02-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't think there is anybody I despise more than Bill Maher.

acptulsa
02-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Maher has a very elitist tone when he speaks. At least Glenn Beck manages to act like he's for the little guy.

Of course. 'We have to do their thinking for them' is what sells to the arrogant. And there are only two kinds of Democratic voters--those who want the handouts and the arrogant.

heavenlyboy34
02-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Of course. 'We have to do their thinking for them' is what sells to the arrogant. And there are only two kinds of Democratic voters--those who want the handouts and the arrogant.
There's a silly stereotype. Likewise, there is only two kinds of Republican voters-old people and inbreeding rednecks. And they all let Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck do their thinking for them. :rolleyes: Believe it or not, there are in fact registered D's who support RP.

heavenlyboy34
02-02-2013, 06:18 PM
regarding the video...it was one of his worst routines EVARRR.

pochy1776
02-02-2013, 06:19 PM
I generally don't buy their products. But why the hell would you care. If Bill Maher is so angry about this. Could'nt he just leave the ignorant alone? Why is the MSM always trying to rile on this or that. WHy not let people be?

acptulsa
02-02-2013, 06:22 PM
There's a silly stereotype. Likewise, there is only two kinds of Republican voters-old people and inbreeding rednecks. And they all let Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck do their thinking for them. :rolleyes: Believe it or not, there are in fact registered D's who support RP.

Maybe I should have made myself more clear--I was referring to die-hard, knee jerk, no one but the Democrat voters. Even so, yes, on further reflection there are other types. Like, for instance, those who got convinced that all Republicans are trying to drive all minorities back to the fields to pick crops...

Anti Federalist
02-02-2013, 06:22 PM
A shit-stain lectures us on a douche-bag.

I'll pass.

CaptUSA
02-02-2013, 06:27 PM
The pot is lecturing us on the darkness of the kettle?

COpatriot
02-02-2013, 06:28 PM
I enjoyed the video. It made me laugh.

I can at least respect Bill Maher who is clearly not on our side but doesn't pretend to be like Glenn Beck does. And really Maher was never hesitant to complement Ron during the primaries which says a lot with the way he insulted all the others.

heavenlyboy34
02-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Maybe I should have made myself more clear--I was referring to die-hard, knee jerk, no one but the Democrat voters. Even so, yes, on further reflection there are other types. Like, for instance, those who got convinced that all Republicans are trying to drive all minorities back to the fields to pick crops...
...and the libertarian-leaning folks who just picked "D" because of family tradition or some other pragmatic reason like being in a very "blue" area and hoping to influence local politics.

RP pays respect to Larry McDonald (Democrat):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQQ--ju7Vxk

Badger Paul
02-02-2013, 06:43 PM
I guess some people don't like hearing the truth about Conservative INC. Rush and Beck are rich enough I really don't need to be buying golf ball, ties or gold from them to make them even richer.

angelatc
02-02-2013, 06:46 PM
I guess some people don't like hearing the truth about Conservative INC. Rush and Beck are rich enough I really don't need to be buying golf ball, ties or gold from them to make them even richer.

Yeah, marketing is bad, being rich is bad....got it.

VoluntaryAmerican
02-02-2013, 07:17 PM
A shit-stain lectures us on a douche-bag.

I'll pass.

I watched it and this was my thought afterward, good call.

Carehn
02-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Bill Maher is Glenn beck

Badger Paul
02-02-2013, 07:39 PM
"Yeah, marketing is bad, being rich is bad....got it. "

Yeah I'll mention it to Barbra Streisand you want to continue to cut her taxes. After all she's rich, she deserves it:rolleyes:.

pochy1776
02-02-2013, 07:46 PM
"Yeah, marketing is bad, being rich is bad....got it. "

Yeah I'll mention it to Barbra Streisand you want to continue to cut her taxes. After all she's rich, she deserves it:rolleyes:.

I hate the rich that say they want their taxes raised, as if it will lead us to better services.
All it leads to is Poverty, whitewashing and stupidity.
You want to help the world, pay it voluntarily.

mac_hine
02-02-2013, 08:26 PM
This is worth the listen:

171: Logic Saves Lives Part 6 – Reality Time For Bill Maher
Topic: Today’s show is a personal exercise to help me let go of a long-standing resentment against comedian and political commentator Bill Maher. Cory, Osborne and I analyze several clips from his HBO show, Real Time With Bill Maher, primarily focusing on two fallacies: composition and division. Many tangents result!
http://schoolsucksproject.com/171-logic-saves-lives-part-6-reality-time-for-bill-maher/

HOLLYWOOD
02-02-2013, 08:42 PM
They're all actors... the whole left/right money grubbing con-men, all of them.

heavenlyboy34
02-02-2013, 09:22 PM
They're all actors... the whole left/right money grubbing con-men, all of them. Truth. All MSM is fake. Watch the movie "Network" if you haven't yet. :toady::toady:

fr33
02-02-2013, 09:43 PM
I usually listen to the podcast of Maher's show. But this new season, I just can't seem to get through an entire episode. He is extra-annoying now. I usually can just laugh it off but the gun-grabbing stuff.... I can't.

Dogsoldier
02-02-2013, 11:24 PM
And whats wrong with buying gold?I suppose he prefers paper?

donnay
02-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Bill Maher is Glenn beck

Bill Maher is the left leaning steam valve and Glenn Beck is the right leaning steam valve. Both are equally paid shills.

LibertyEagle
02-02-2013, 11:33 PM
...and the libertarian-leaning folks who just picked "D" because of family tradition or some other pragmatic reason like being in a very "blue" area and hoping to influence local politics.

RP pays respect to Larry McDonald (Democrat):

That was a long time ago. Back when there were conservative Democrats. They don't exist anymore, from what I've seen.

KingRobbStark
02-02-2013, 11:51 PM
And Maher should stop trying to sell his pseudo-intellectualism.

Philhelm
02-03-2013, 12:24 AM
I don't think there is anybody I despise more than Bill Maher.

Woodrow Wilson says hello.

idiom
02-03-2013, 01:42 AM
And whats wrong with buying gold?I suppose he prefers paper?

He was attacking people selling gold at 100% mark-up through scare mongering.

KrokHead
02-03-2013, 04:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-UP-hp6j4E

heavenlyboy34
02-03-2013, 02:55 PM
That was a long time ago. Back when there were conservative Democrats. They don't exist anymore, from what I've seen.
You have to look at the local level-same with any party (local level is as close as actual representation of citizens as it gets). There's still a Blue Dog Coalition in congress, too. (though not as sizeable as it once was) Gabby Giffords of my home state was a blue dog dem.

heavenlyboy34
02-03-2013, 02:57 PM
And Maher should stop trying to sell his pseudo-intellectualism.
Indeed. Erudition and comic vulgarity does not an intellectual make (don't tell his audience that, though. ;) )