PDA

View Full Version : ERRRRR: Committee Meeting

ClydeCoulter
02-02-2013, 12:09 PM
So, I go to the Republican County Committee Meeting today and just get frustrated.

I, and a lady, argue with our state senator about nullification of Obamacare, Gun Laws, etc. Our senator says that these things have to be handled with other legislation that can counteract parts of laws that we can combat, but we can't just nullify because it won't work. We say that, yes it can and other states are trying nullification, that we should lead in nullification efforts by the states. But our senator, blah, blah, blah's it all away.

We ask our sheriff to give his stance on Gun Control. He would not respond.

Eventually we (she and I) get laughed at by the other members with background noise like, "Oh, we're supposed to go up against the fed? Right..."

We need education for our state legislatures.
Will the Tom Woods thing in Iowa do this there (I heard it was about grassroots).
How can we get all of the state assemblymen educated on the issue of nullification and incrementalism?

FSP-Rebel
02-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Good on you for showing up to start the transformation process. I'd say the more pressure from concerned grassroots activists that is applied on these officials the more they'll come our way, esp if they fear a primary or repercussions at a state or county convention. Initially, these officials will look at us as being just a bunch of roobs but then the more we start to pile on the more unsettling it is for them. And, if your sheriff doesn't have the brass to protect his county from over-reaching federal authority, perhaps he should find another line of work. I wonder how active your state's C4L outfit is. We're pretty strong here in MI and it's affecting turnout in all counties of the state to crucial political and educational meetings. Having a strong state org translates into better support for local leaders. And, once local activists have a steady stream of projects to work on, people show up in droves.

It's a shame that all state C4Ls aren't in high activity mode but that's what I hope will happen with this IA project. Making this a success will inspire those with lazy C4L or other activist groups to step up their game. And obviously, we want IA to be a beehive of liberty activity going forward.

ClydeCoulter
02-02-2013, 12:45 PM
I show up because I'm a precint committeeman for my precint, otherwise I probably would not have.

The lady that was arguing on the same side as I is a committeewoman, but she dispises Ron Paul. And that's really ironic, since she fights for the same things that Ron is fighting for (except for legalizing all those nasty natural substances and foreign policy). She's a member of the Defenders of Liberty local tea party group. I did not mention that I supported Ron Paul so that I could keep a coalition going with her.

torchbearer
02-02-2013, 12:50 PM
I show up because I'm a precint committeeman for my precint, otherwise I probably would not have.

The lady that was arguing on the same side as I is a committeewoman, but she dispises Ron Paul. And that's really ironic, since she fights for the same things that Ron is fighting for (except for legalizing all those nasty natural substances and foreign policy). She's a member of the Defenders of Liberty local tea party group. I did not mention that I supported Ron Paul so that I could keep a coalition going with her.

^^^
sell-out just like Rand.
You should have sat her down and shouted the truth of things to her face.
The very fact that you didn't means you are compromising just to furthur your political ambitions. /s

sailingaway
02-02-2013, 01:58 PM
So, I go to the Republican County Committee Meeting today and just get frustrated.

I, and a lady, argue with our state senator about nullification of Obamacare, Gun Laws, etc. Our senator says that these things have to be handled with other legislation that can counteract parts of laws that we can combat, but we can't just nullify because it won't work. We say that, yes it can and other states are trying nullification, that we should lead in nullification efforts by the states. But our senator, blah, blah, blah's it all away.

We ask our sheriff to give his stance on Gun Control. He would not respond.

Eventually we (she and I) get laughed at by the other members with background noise like, "Oh, we're supposed to go up against the fed? Right..."

We need education for our state legislatures.
Will the Tom Woods thing in Iowa do this there (I heard it was about grassroots).
How can we get all of the state assemblymen educated on the issue of nullification and incrementalism?

Stay strong.

Get another Senator.

Get others in your area to also ask the Sheriff his position on guns.

+ rep.

--
edit, well, I'll have to owe it to you, I seem to need to spread some around!

JK/SEA
02-02-2013, 02:01 PM
keep hammering away. Soon enough that big stone will be dust.

ClydeCoulter
02-02-2013, 11:15 PM
This is the bill that the senator said was in "Rules Committee" where they go to die.
Indiana SB0230 Nullification
http://www.in.gov/apps/lsa/session/billwatch/billinfo?year=2013&session=1&request=getBill&doctype=SB&docno=0230
11 senators have signed onto it (coauthors)

GunnyFreedom
02-02-2013, 11:32 PM
^^^
sell-out just like Rand.
You should have sat her down and shouted the truth of things to her face.
The very fact that you didn't means you are compromising just to furthur your political ambitions. /s

gee, this all sounds so familiar.... lol

TheTexan
02-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Even if it does die in committee, its still a good step forward :)

Keep pushing!