PDA

View Full Version : McCain and Schumer Move to Force Americans to Use Biometric ID for Employment

libertygrl
02-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Here we go.......

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
February 1, 2013

Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said on Thursday they back a plan to force all Americans to use a biometric Social Security card as part of a “comprehensive immigration reform” scheme that will be used to legalize millions of illegal aliens.
“I’m for it,” McCain told a Politico Playbook breakfast earlier this week when asked if he supports “a super Social Security card that would have some sort of biometric thing like a fingerprint.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5nL89x6Ixo&feature=player_embedded

“We want to make sure that employers do not hire people who are here illegally,” said Schumer, who has pushed for biometric employment cards in the past, according to Matt Sledge of AOL’s Huffington Post. “The only way to do that is to have a non-forgeable card. Because right now you can go down the street here and get a Social Security card or a driver’s license for $100 that’s forged.”
If Schumer and McCain have their way, American citizens will need to submit to the government fingerprints or other biometric information if they want to be legally employed. In other words, citizens will not only be required to get government permission to work, they will also be obliged to submit biometric data to the surveillance state.

“National ID cards and the databases behind them comprise the cornerstone of government surveillance systems that creates risks to privacy and anonymity,” notes the Electronic Frontier Foundation. “The requirement to produce identity cards on demand habituates citizens into participating in their own surveillance and social control.”

Submitted biodata will make it easier for the government to accomplish geolocation tracking and use video surveillance and facial recognition software. Moreover, it will allow the government to deny employment to people it designates as political troublemakers, otherwise known as terrorists.

According to NSA crypto-mathematician and whistleblower William Binney, the FBI records the emails of nearly all U.S. citizens, including members of Congress. The NSA information collection effort, codenamed Stellar Wind, has intercepted between 15 and 20 trillion transactions since 9/11 and this data will soon be stored at a massive data center under construction in Bluffdale, Utah.

Meanwhile, the Pentagon is working on an array of biometric programs designed to collect and analyze everything from iris and face scans to gait and voice recognition.

The FBI has also jumped on the bandwagon and is now “collecting and storing as much personally identifiable biometric data on as many people as possible” and will one day soon use “that information to identify people in the street, at border checkpoints, and in central booking — or perhaps in your home or office, via a tiny drone that looks like a bug,” according to the ACLU of Massachusetts.

The FBI has functioned as a secret political police since its inception early in the 20th century, a fact borne out in the 1960s and 70s by countless documents revealing the unconstitutional activities of its covert COINTELPRO, short for counterintelligence program.

More recently, the Department of Homeland Security has operated as a political police force and collaborated closely with local law enforcement to sabotage the Occupy movement. It actively works to designate and demonize political organizations and people the establishment consider a threat – for instance, supporters of Ron Paul and Second Amendment advocates.

The biometric Social Security ID card is another component of this sprawling dystopian surveillance system built primarily to undermine political activity the state considers a threat to its continued domination. It is now being cynically sold under the guise of immigration reform supported by both Democrats and Republicans.

h ttp://www.infowars.com/mccain-and-schumer-move-to-force-americans-to-use-biometric-id-for-employment/

TheTexan
02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Fuck that

dinosaur
02-01-2013, 01:40 PM
All the more reason to get a piece of land large enough to feed myself and pay for the property taxes. I'm not a farmer, but it seems like a good way to opt out of all this.

Please tell me that this will not pass as long as we have a Republican House.

pcosmar
02-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Fuck that

Fuck them both.

and some here people voted for that bastard.
:(

pcosmar
02-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Please tell me that this will not pass as long as we have a Republican House.

Shit,, Republicans have been pushing this shit, for years.

frodus24
02-01-2013, 01:46 PM
I will not comply if this ever goes into effect. I will sell my shit and live in the mountians.

kathy88
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
I fucking hate John McCain with every fiber of my being.

jbauer
02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
so the "person of interest" show is real

TonySutton
02-01-2013, 02:19 PM
but not needed to vote, we'll just take your word for that...

I am sure congress is exempted from this...

DamianTV
02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
This is definitely the way to solve the Immigration problem because the very first thing that all illegal immigrants do is get a Social Security card and start paying into the system. /s

belian78
02-01-2013, 02:34 PM
I will not comply if this ever goes into effect. I will sell my shit and live in the mountians.You and me both.

Anti Federalist
02-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Shit,, Republicans have been pushing this shit, for years.

REAL ID.

/thread.

Not a fuck will be given.

OK, *sigh*...

I will not comply.

Enough fucking talk...

Anti Federalist
02-01-2013, 02:37 PM
I will not comply if this ever goes into effect. I will sell my shit and live in the mountians.

Not with 30,000 FLIR equipped drones flying the fuck around you are not.

This is it folks, shit is for real now...no running, no hiding, at least within the borders of Amerika.

Haul ass and leave the country or resist. Those are your only two choices.

Decide, now...

ETA-Sorry, there is a third choice: comply and happily continue consuming.

Mach
02-01-2013, 02:39 PM
When will some of you, learn.......

Reps and Dems
Different Paths
Same Destination

DamianTV
02-01-2013, 03:23 PM
When will some of you, learn.......

Reps and Dems
Different Paths
Same Destination

Republicrats or Dempublicans. Either way, the people lose.

Danke
02-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Will they offer early bird discounts?

tangent4ronpaul
02-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Will someone off these assholes already?

At least McPain has cancer so shouldn't be a pain in our side much longer.

-t

ZENemy
02-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Will someone off these assholes already?

-t

We all need to realize the the "someone" is you, and I. I am not advocating us to off anyone, I am suggesting that we, and we alone have a job to do. Nobody is coming to save us. In my opinion, none of this is going to stop, its may be slowed or change directions slightly but it aint gonna stop till each and everyone of us is under some sort of control.

Its BEYOND time for us to stand up.

There is no "someone" only US.

tangent4ronpaul
02-01-2013, 04:36 PM
but, but, but... I thought the CHICOMS were going to invade and "liberate" the shit out of us?

Wasn't that the plan?

-t

HOLLYWOOD
02-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Wow, Alex Jones was correct, Prison Planet... we Americans live in an open air prison.

Anti Federalist
02-01-2013, 04:44 PM
We all need to realize the the "someone" is you, and I. I am not advocating us to off anyone, I am suggesting that we, and we alone have a job to do. Nobody is coming to save us. In my opinion, none of this is going to stop, its may be slowed or change directions slightly but it aint gonna stop till each and everyone of us is under some sort of control.

Its BEYOND time for us to stand up.

There is no "someone" only US.

You are right, but, WE MUST NOT STRIKE FIRST!!!!

I can't emphasize that enough.

Non-compliance, then stand your ground.

Let our oppressors draw first blood.

I will not strike first, but I will not comply any longer.

If they mean to have a war, let it start right here.

ZENemy
02-01-2013, 04:49 PM
You are right, but, WE MUST NOT STRIKE FIRST!!!!

I can't emphasize that enough.

Non-compliance, then stand your ground.

Let our oppressors draw first blood.

I will not strike first, but I will not comply any longer.

If they mean to have a war, let it start right here.

You are right we must not strike first, I am a non aggressive principle minded person and do not, in any way shape or form believe that another armed revolution will lead us anywhere but to right back where we started.

OPT OUT, eventually is going to need to take a TRUE concept though.

Personally, I believe the next step in opting out is needed. IE, Taxes, Registration, smogging, going to court for non violent offensives, victimless crimes or traffic tickets....we are going to have to start opting out of these things at some point if we want to be HEARD.

I understand, this takes numbers and has consequences but I feel our time to meet them head on is running out. I am, currently trying to organize REAL LIFE meetings in my area (nor cal) to take on these subjects.

It also requires SELF GOVERNING which is something I stress to those that are going to choose to opt out.

phill4paul
02-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Like Obamacare and Gun Registration....

I.Will. Not. Comply.

There. That's taken care of. Next?

pcosmar
02-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Like Obamacare and Gun Registration....

I.Will. Not. Comply.

There. That's taken care of. Next?

Real (biometric) ID
and your savings and income tied directly to your biometric identity.

anaconda
02-01-2013, 05:40 PM

Is McCain or Lieberman the biggest asshat in the Senate?

phill4paul
02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Real (biometric) ID

Savings and income are not tied into the system. I have divested myself of it.

Income tax.

I Will. Not. Comply.
There. That was easy enough. Next?

Danke
02-01-2013, 06:02 PM
I Will. Not. Comply.
There. That was easy enough. Next?

What do you have to hide?

A_Silent_Majority_Member
02-01-2013, 06:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDD4QY5XJi4

Liberty or Grey state? United we stand, divided we fall...Choose now lest the choice be made for us all!

Just seemed appropriate.

Occam's Banana
02-01-2013, 06:22 PM

McCain is a vile toad.

Neither. That honor goes to Lindsey Graham.

McCain is a vile toad. Lieberman is a vile toad.

Graham is an oozing pustule on a vile toad's ass.

phill4paul
02-01-2013, 06:28 PM
What do you have to hide?

Everything. Every thing. ;)

BAllen
02-01-2013, 06:42 PM
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/judas+priest/electric+eye_20076160.html

Strange how Judas Priest made a song about this way back in 1982.

satchelmcqueen
02-01-2013, 07:16 PM
but mccain is so american guys! remember his supporters said so in 2007-08. hannity, limbagh, boortz, all of them said so.

Tod
02-01-2013, 07:20 PM
You know, if everybody would just NOT COMPLY, this crap would stop in a hurry.

devil21
02-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Good ol Hegelian Dialectic.

Create an illegal immigration problem by not guarding the border, wait for the outcries and scapegoating of illegals, then offer the solution that has little impact on said illegals but affects every American.

They've got this shit perfected.

LibForestPaul
02-01-2013, 08:50 PM
I have several lines in the sand.
This is one of them.

Oh well. Just need to never forget, the head of the rattler, always the head.

Anti Federalist
02-01-2013, 08:53 PM
You know, if everybody would just NOT COMPLY, this crap would stop in a hurry.

I see it at the airports.

If just 10 percent would "Opt Out" the whole system would come crashing down.

Not 1/10 of one percent do so.

Somebody is gonna have to be the first to step out.

No man dances until the first one boogies.

Danke
02-01-2013, 08:56 PM
I see it at the airports.

If just 10 percent would "Opt Out" the whole system would come crashing down.

Not 1/10 of one percent do so.

Somebody is gonna have to be the first to step out.

No man dances until the first one boogies.

I aways opt out.

osan
02-01-2013, 09:01 PM
WE MUST NOT STRIKE FIRST!!!!

But we already have; and that which we fail to provide in that regard will be provided in our name by Their provocateurs.

Were the average people to discern the truly frightful positions they occupy in this scheme of things, the nation would self destruct in a hard-wired, mid-brain frenzy of blind and flesh-borne panic.

osan
02-01-2013, 09:06 PM

Kinda splitting hairs, don't you think?

Pauls' Revere
02-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Real (biometric) ID

and probably your taxes as well.

Anti Federalist
02-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Were the average people to discern the truly frightful positions they occupy in this scheme of things, the nation would self destruct in a hard-wired, mid-brain frenzy of blind and flesh-borne panic.

Hold...

Henry Rogue
02-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Here we go.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5nL89x6Ixo&feature=player_embedded

Did any of these a$$ clowns read "1984"? You all know they are not going to let anyone collect SS without that card let alone work with out it. I wish I was born in an earlier era. I might sell the house, work for room and board, barter the rest and say to he!! with SS.

Occam's Banana
02-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Did any of these a$$ clowns read "1984".

Of course they did. Where do you think they get their ideas?

Mach
02-01-2013, 11:10 PM
May be a little off topic here, but, they already have your neighbors, "helping."

Just regular old "McCain & Schumer" Americans...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMSAwekYxrA

Danke
02-01-2013, 11:17 PM
May be a little off topic here, but, they already have your neighbors, "helping."

I've used this. I love jumping jacks.

Slutter McGee
02-01-2013, 11:33 PM
I am one of the most moderate people in here, not in my language (I am a complete fucking dick with that), but in my beliefs. I don't like talk of succession. I don't like negative threads about police. I don't think there is some coming revolution. I dislike the patriot movement. I don't like threats of violence against the government. But.....I will not comply with this. I will not.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Danke
02-01-2013, 11:42 PM
I dislike the patriot movement.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

What is wrong with the "patriot movement?"

Anti Federalist
02-01-2013, 11:58 PM
I am one of the most moderate people in here, not in my language (I am a complete fucking dick with that), but in my beliefs. I don't like talk of succession. I don't like negative threads about police. I don't think there is some coming revolution. I dislike the patriot movement. I don't like threats of violence against the government. But.....I will not comply with this. I will not.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Then you have, whether you like it or not, aligned yourself with all those things you professed to disapprove of.

Welcome aboard brother.

mad cow
02-02-2013, 12:09 AM

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

And I won't surrender my guns.

So....Where does this leave us?

satchelmcqueen
02-02-2013, 12:40 AM
only 1 guy seemed to know the right way here, but in the end, failed anyway. id have told the cop that his proof was probably trumped up, and to fuck off.

Pauls' Revere
02-02-2013, 12:59 AM
OMG!! this should be enough to make you vomit!

If Schumer and McCain have their way, American citizens will need to submit to the government fingerprints or other biometric information if they want to be legally employed. In other words, citizens will not only be required to get government permission to work, they will also be obliged to submit biometric data to the surveillance state.

“National ID cards and the databases behind them comprise the cornerstone of government surveillance systems that creates risks to privacy and anonymity,” notes the Electronic Frontier Foundation. “The requirement to produce identity cards on demand habituates citizens into participating in their own surveillance and social control.”

Submitted biodata will make it easier for the government to accomplish geolocation tracking and use video surveillance and facial recognition software. Moreover, it will allow the government to deny employment to people it designates as political troublemakers, otherwise known as terrorists.

EERRR!! :mad:

DamianTV
02-02-2013, 02:51 AM
So even if you do submit, they still got you by the balls!

devil21
02-02-2013, 04:57 AM
On second look, I must have missed the "official" source on this claim. Anybody have something other than infowars hearsay?

tod evans
02-02-2013, 05:33 AM

-t

It would be just if he was limited to aspirin and tylenol during his last stage........

You know what a problem prescription pain-killers are...

He can handle it though after being held "hostage" (joke/joke-cough/cough) in Viet-Nam....

pcosmar
02-02-2013, 08:29 AM
On second look, I must have missed the "official" source on this claim. Anybody have something other than infowars hearsay?

http://www.cato.org/blog/were-going-have-come-something
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/immigration-reform-biometric-id_n_2594285.html
http://www.biometricupdate.com/201302/american-senators-push-for-biometrics/
http://www.planetbiometrics.com/article-details/i/1461/

very little on any MSM "news" source,(I wonder why that is), but there is this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/01/30/mccain-and-schumer-say-senate-group-has-picked-up-its-pace-on-immigration-bill/

Both men also endorsed a new biometric Social Security card for use by all Americans seeking employment. The goal would be to thwart illegal immigration in the future by making it harder to forge a Social Security card and easier for employers to verify the legal status of their workers.

Schumer insisted the card would be used only for employment and not as a general identification. But he acknowledged differing opinions within the Senate’s working group on the issue and said they had not yet decided whether to include it in the bill.

Obama also called for a tamper-proof Social Security cards in the White House immigration proposal released Monday. Civil libertarian groups and some conservatives, however, have expressed concern that the new card would wind up being uses as a national ID card.
http://www.openmarket.org/2013/02/01/the-new-national-identification-system-is-coming/
http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/452502/employment_verification_id_rules_could_hard_sell_i mmigration_reform/

pacelli
02-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Congress is a complete embarrassment. May God have mercy on our once great Republic.

DaninPA
02-02-2013, 09:45 AM

^Pretty much this.^

Lucille
02-04-2013, 01:23 PM
The New National Identification System Is Coming
http://www.openmarket.org/2013/02/01/the-new-national-identification-system-is-coming/

“Maybe we should just brand all the babies.” With this joke, Ronald Reagan swatted down a national identification card — or an enhanced Social Security card — proposed by his attorney general in 1981. For more than three decades since, attempts to implement the proposal have all met with failure, but now national ID is back, and it’s worse than ever.

As in 1981, immigration restrictions have provided the justification. In the name of stopping illegal employment, proposals floated by a bipartisan group of senators would create both a physical national ID — an “enhanced” Social Security card — and even more menacingly an Internet-based, electronic ID that could be accessed anywhere to confirm identity.

After the election, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), who is leading the Democrats immigration push, told NBC News that one of his top priorities was to “make sure that there is a non-forgeable document” for all employees. After years of pushing for one, Sen. Schumer may have broken through GOP opposition. “We’re going to have to come up with something, but the principle we all agree on,” Sen. Chuck Schumer said this week.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) told Politico that he was for “a super Social Security card that would have some sort of biometric things like a fingerprint in it.” Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-S.C.)—also, a longtime supporter of national ID — agrees. “You’ll have documents that can’t be faked,” he told CBS News after the election.

This path was the inevitable consequence of America’s broken immigration system. First, Congress made it prohibitively difficult to come. Then, unable to enforce that, they conscripted businessmen to police their workforce for them. Now that document fraud has ruined this scheme, the government wants even more surveillance.

But national ID is more than just a card with a name and number — it is a system. It must contain data collected by the government on every legal worker that compares that name and number to you. This means the federal government must start collecting biometric information: pictures, fingerprints, retina scans, DNA, and whatever else is needed to make the system work.

Even worse than a physical card, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) has created an electronic national ID called electronic employment verification (EEV). The current rendition is known as E-Verify, which has combined DHS’s immigration database with the SSA’s database, containing your name, address, legal status, work authorization, and social security number.

The Senate immigration bill will mandate all employers use E-Verify to check the immigration status of their employees. Right now, employers can voluntarily submit the employee’s name and number to check if they match the name and number in the system. If the names or numbers don’t match, you must take further steps to prove your identity at SSA offices.

The system creates a guilty-until-proven-innocent approach to employment that also allows DHS to monitor every worker throughout the country. Some proposed mandates would require employees who work multiple jobs to automatically visit SSA offices — the new DMVs of employment — to prove that they really do work both jobs.

“People say ‘National ID,’ ” Sen. Schumer told Politico. “[But] that’s a card that you’d have to show whenever anyone, a police officer or anyone came up to you.” Actually, that’s not true. National ID is any mandatory system that could identify you at any given time. E-Verify combined with biometrics from state DMVs or elsewhere would meet that definition.

National ID need not be shown every time you go outside — it could just be used at checkpoints, airports, and toll booths or to access the Internet, firearms, prescription drugs, jobsites, or apartment buildings. Both the federal government and several states already prohibit renting to unauthorized immigrants. Potential tenants may soon be required to pass E-Verify to obtain housing with a similar “multiple homes” check.

To argue that the same expansion of use — already being applied to the SS card — will not also apply to E-Verify is not believable. The calls for a national ID — electronic or otherwise — by these senators undermine their credibility when they claim their plan will actually stop illegal entries at the border. If it did, national ID and E-Verify would be unnecessary. America needs immigration reform, but what it doesn’t need is more bureaucracy and universal surveillance.

BlackJack
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Next thing you know we're all gonna have highly-advanced kill chips, equipped with GPS capabilities, surgically embedded in our spines so we can't get them out.

Gosh I'm starting to side with Alex Jones and his army of radical conspiracy theorists now.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2013, 01:44 PM
“People say ‘National ID,’ ” Sen. Schumer told Politico. “[But] that’s a card that you’d have to show whenever anyone, a police officer or anyone came up to you.”

Cops in NYC have done exactly that, to millions of innocent people, in a program you endorse, you treasonous, lying, fuckstick you.

libertygrl
02-04-2013, 01:58 PM
OMG!! this should be enough to make you vomit!

EERRR!! :mad:

This has been years in the making. It all starts off incrementally - just like they did with the TSA. First they told us to take our shoes off at the airport and with no public outcry, they escalated it from there.

The biometric ID will eventually lead to RFID chip implants. It goes in stages. They first used these chips in consumer products. Then it went into "enhanced" licenses for travel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOP-kU1cqYA

Some people may even view such legislation similar to Biblical prohecy:

“He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” Revelation 13:16-17

ZENemy
02-04-2013, 02:09 PM
This has been years in the making. It all starts off incrementally - just like they did with the TSA. First they told us to take our shoes off at the airport and with no public outcry, they escalated it from there.

The biometric ID will eventually lead to RFID chip implants. It goes in stages. They first used these chips in consumer products. Then it went into "enhanced" licenses for travel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOP-kU1cqYA

Some people may even view such legislation similar to Biblical prohecy:

“He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” Revelation 13:16-17

If we, and most of those in this thread "know" all of this, when what are we waiting for?

Its time to stop sitting around talking about whats going to be done to us and start talking about what we are going to do about it.

libertygrl
02-04-2013, 02:20 PM
If we, and most of those in this thread "know" all of this, when what are we waiting for?

Its time to stop sitting around talking about whats going to be done to us and start talking about what we are going to do about it.

There has to be a HUGH public outcry. A major push back. That's the only way I can see. And it starts off by making this information go viral. Educate the public. Maybe start a Facebook page. (I don't do FB so maybe someone else with more knowledge can tackle it) Sorry I don't have any better suggestions. (I'd actually prefer tar and feathers but that was a topic of discussion in an earier thread.) ;) But seriously, let's put our heads together.

ZENemy
02-04-2013, 03:04 PM
There has to be a HUGH public outcry. A major push back. That's the only way I can see. And it starts off by making this information go viral. Educate the public. Maybe start a Facebook page. (I don't do FB so maybe someone else with more knowledge can tackle it) Sorry I don't have any better suggestions. (I'd actually prefer tar and feathers but that was a topic of discussion in an earier thread.) ;) But seriously, let's put our heads together.

I agree with you but; how long will that take?

As long as it took for the outrage about the

NDAA
HR347
RFID chipping a girl in Texas
TSA?
Bradly manning?
Obamacare?
Printing money forever?
Removing the debt ceiling?
Losing 9 trillion dollars?

There will be no public outcry until we CREATE one. IF we do not get off the internet and mobilize then we will just be sitting here for another 4 years complaining about what "they will do to us next"

And yes, as you said, we need to put our heads together, there should be a discussion started and it should not END until we have solutions, everything else is just complaining to masters that do not care. Contact people in your area, meet in real life, that is what I am currently doing.

kahless
02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Schumer is always pushing this but last go was with Lindsey Graham. Looking at the history and now that McCain is on-board this looks bad.

ID Card for Workers Is at Center of Immigration Plan 3-8-2010

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703954904575110124037066854.html?m _od=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

Last year, White House aides said they expected to push immigration legislation in 2010. But with health care and unemployment dominating his attention, the president has given little indication the issue is a priority.

Rather, Mr. Obama has said he wanted to see bipartisan support in Congress first. So far, Mr. Graham is the only Republican to voice interest publicly, and he wants at least one other GOP co-sponsor to launch the effort.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Tried to warn everybody...they rolled this out with TWIC years ago.

Not a fuck was given.

libertygrl
02-04-2013, 04:03 PM
I agree with you but; how long will that take?

As long as it took for the outrage about the

NDAA
HR347
RFID chipping a girl in Texas
TSA?
Bradly manning?
Obamacare?
Printing money forever?
Removing the debt ceiling?
Losing 9 trillion dollars?

There will be no public outcry until we CREATE one. IF we do not get off the internet and mobilize then we will just be sitting here for another 4 years complaining about what "they will do to us next"

And yes, as you said, we need to put our heads together, there should be a discussion started and it should not END until we have solutions, everything else is just complaining to masters that do not care. Contact people in your area, meet in real life, that is what I am currently doing.

I agree, I was thinking the same thing about the time factor. But social media does increase the speed in which information gets out. Perhaps the FB page would be more about gaining support rather than educating the public. I was basically viewing it as a means to build up support and then having a plan to become active outside the online community. I'll send this information to my local group and hopefully will get some feedback.

libertygrl
02-04-2013, 04:03 PM

Not a fuck was given.

Please refresh my memory - what is TWIC?

kahless
02-04-2013, 04:05 PM

Not a fuck was given.

3-8-10
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?235001.html

3-9-10
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?235034-Want-a-Job-You-ll-Need-Another-ID

6-2-11
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?296467.html

I some how remember there being more threads but like you was surprised at the lack of outrage here.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2013, 04:11 PM
I some how remember there being more threads but like you was surprised at the lack of outrage here.

It only affected a small subset of the population, so, nobody gave a fuck.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Please refresh my memory - what is TWIC?

Transportation Workers Id Card.

Fully owned and operated by Lockheed Martin.

Biometric/RFID card required for mariners and many truckers and others in transportation.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2013, 04:17 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?189590-Attention-those-who-need-a-TWIC&highlight=TWIC

libertygrl
02-04-2013, 04:28 PM

Biometric/RFID card required for mariners and many truckers and others in transportation.

Did not know that. Thanks.

Danke
02-04-2013, 04:35 PM
"In addition to the maritime sector, the TWIC may be required in the future for other security-sensitive transportation sectors, such as airports, railroads, chemical plants, and refineries. One chemical manufacturing industry representative says it's only a matter of time before the entire manufacturing industry requires workers to have TWIC cards."

kahless
02-04-2013, 04:36 PM
It only affected a small subset of the population, so, nobody gave a fuck.

The reality is the ID these corporatists seek will effect everyone but no one gives a fuck since they think it just effects a small subset of the population.

Schumer, Obama, Graham and McCain all funded by Lockheed.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Schumer, Obama, Graham and McCain all funded by Lockheed.

Government and corporations, colluding together to tyrannize the people, for profit and power.

What is that system called again...?

ZENemy
02-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Government and corporations, colluding together to tyrannize the people, for profit and power.

What is that system called again...?

comuSociafacstatismology Its called freedom, in AmeriKa