PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul says members of both parties are trying to “gut our Second Amendment freedoms”

sailingaway
02-01-2013, 12:42 AM
http://redalertpolitics.com/files/2012/07/Ron-Paul.jpg

n light of the recent gun debate, former Texas Rep. Ron Paul is warning Americans that some members of Congress on both sides of aisle are trying to stage a gun grab.

“This fight is going to happen fast,” Paul wrote in an email sent out on Tuesday. “The statists are determined to strike while anti-gun hysteria across the U.S. is at full-blast.”

The former Congressman is the chairman of Campaign for Liberty, a nonprofit organization in place to protect “individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets, and a noninterventionist foreign policy,” according to its website.

In his C4L email, Paul warned that disarmed countries are not safer countries, as gun control activists have argued.

“Countries where only those in power are armed – supposedly for the civilian population’s “protection” – are cesspools of violence!” the former Congressman wrote.

Paul added that Obama’s gun proposals constitute an “assault on our gun rights” and condemned the gun ban proposed by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), but the C4L chairman’s harshest words came for the mandatory background checks for gun purchases, what he considers to be a “thinly veiled national gun registration scheme.”

more at link http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/01/31/ron-paul-says-members-of-both-parties-are-trying-to-gut-our-second-amendment-freedoms/

it is a C4L email, and it is on the site as well.

RickyJ
02-01-2013, 02:13 AM
I think I will just refer to Ron Paul as "President Paul" from now on, because he is my president!

Weston White
02-01-2013, 02:58 AM
Well we could just abolish the pointlessly invasive and obtuse federal government in-whole and replace it with the Campaign for Liberty. Certainly, it has a much better ring to it than the former; regardless of which side of the aisle you may be on.

ClydeCoulter
02-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Dang it, can they not ask for a donation, just once?
I want to share this article, but my wary family/friends will say, "they just want money".

Paul urged Americans to sign the Liberty Protection Directive and donate to Campaign for Liberty in order to fight back against gun control advocates, for the sake of Second Amendment rights and for the well-being of the nation as a whole.

edit: shared anyway

AgentforPathfinder
02-01-2013, 09:18 AM
I think I will just refer to Ron Paul as "President Paul" from now on, because he is my president!

I've already done this for a long time. It's like with Sedevacantist Catholics and the Pope.

ChristianAnarchist
02-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Well we could just abolish the pointlessly invasive and obtuse federal government in-whole and replace it with the Campaign for Liberty. Certainly, it has a much better ring to it than the former; regardless of which side of the aisle you may be on.

I have a dream...