PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tweets from one of our own on the MA GOP chair election ongoing

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 09:09 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2290915986/68gx9p0q7jwyforyv3c0.png

https://twitter.com/EvanKenney

read from bottom tweet to top

Evan Kenney ‏@EvanKenney

Apparently General Counsel DeVito is trying to start another civil war in the Mass GOP #mapoli #chair

The motion to reconsider has been withdrawn. The second ballot will be counted. #chair #mapoli

There has been a motion to reconsider the first ballot #chair #mapoli

This is absolute chaos #Chair #mapoli

To clarify: the ballot was contested to DeVito. DeVito ruled that the ballot was to be thrown out. The motion to challenge was then passed.

Second ballot underway #chair #mapoli

The count WAS 39 Hughes, 38 Green, 3 no votes. With the "RG" ballot counted for Rick Green, the count would have been 39-39-2 #Chair #mapoli

To clarify: There was a motion to re-vote because of the contested ballot that said "RG" instead of "Rick Green" #Chair #mapoli

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE @chair #mapoli

WAIT A SECOND FOLKS!! REVOTE! We are revoting. Kirsten Hughes is NOT yet the party chair. #chair #mapoli

By a count of 39-38, Kirsten Hughes is named Chairwoman. HOWEVER one ballot was contested, because one ballot was written "RG" #Chair

Congratulations to Chairwoman @HughesForChair! #Chair #mapoli

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 09:14 PM
Evan Kenney ‏@EvanKenney

I am pacing in the back of the room #chair #mapoli

torchbearer
01-31-2013, 09:16 PM
not sure of the actors in the play.

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 09:22 PM
I tweeted to ask the identity of the one we should be rooting for but he hasn't gotten back. This guy was one of our delegates initially stricken of status for RNC, the one who went on Maddow and did VERY well not falling into her traps...

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Evan Kenney ‏@EvanKenney

Results of second ballot to be announced momentarily #chair #mapoli

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 09:26 PM
He clearly doesn't like the general counsel:

Evan Kenney ‏@EvanKenney

Vinny DeVito wiping his nose with his finger while the rest of the room unites and applauds @RickGreenMA. #Chair #mapoli

Vinny DeVito buring his face in his Blackberry and his paperwork while @RickGreenMA is speaking #Classless #Chair #mapoli

perhaps this is why:

Evan Kenney ‏@EvanKenney

Wow! I haven't seen Vinny DeVito's face since he restrained me from talking to a FOX reporter on the floor of the RNC.. #Chair

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Evan Kenney ‏@EvanKenney

I mean it this time... #Chair #mapoli

Congratulations to Chairwoman Hughes! @HughesForChair #Chair #mapoli

I THINK this is who we wanted to win, from his earlier tweets about how if a Hughes for chair supporter flipped to Green, a friend of his was going to tackle him (joking, I'm sure)

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 10:12 PM
looks like the establishment had police there. I look forward to hearing the entire story:

Jack Gately ‏@jackgatelycom

Maybe it was a good thing they had cops at #magop meeting, everyone just cleared out for bar during second roll call #mapoli

Rocco
01-31-2013, 10:18 PM
I am 80% sure Hughes was the establishment pick. She was endorsed by Scott Brown and worked for his campaign.

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 10:19 PM
I am 80% sure Hughes was the establishment pick. She was endorsed by Scott Brown and worked for his campaign.

blast.

If so, another loss by 2 votes.

fr33
01-31-2013, 10:49 PM
If they are going to continue the meme of keeping the liberty movement out of the GOP from state to state, expect a repeat of 2012.

J. W. Evans
02-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Hughes IS the "establishment" supported candidate in this situation.

Her presence has created quite the situation, as, prior to this race, it initiated a bit of a civil war. The feel was that if Hughes won, then Scott Brown would have been essentially calling the shots in the MassGOP. This renewed the biennial shouts of "The MassGOP is dead!". Whether or not you believe that to be true, the candidate of the liberty movement was Rick Green. The Central Mass Paul HQ for 2012, Worcester's "Liberty Clubhouse", even went so far as to convert into a bit of a Green HQ.

This all being said, the two sides came together beforehand and struck an agreement that whomever was defeated will automatically become the Deputy Chair, so Green did win that.

sailingaway
02-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Hughes IS the "establishment" pick in this situation. Her presence has created quite the situation, as, prior to this race, it started to create quite the civil war. The feel was that if Hughes won, then Scott Brown would have been essentially calling the shots in the MassGOP. Whether or not you believe that to be true, the candidate of the liberty movement was Rick Green. The Central Mass Paul HQ for 2012, Worcester's "Liberty Clubhouse", even went so far as to convert into a bit of a Green HQ.

This all being said, the two sides came together beforehand and struck an agreement that whomever was defeated will automatically become the Deputy Chair, so Green did win that.

Thank you, I did see that about vice chair. I don't know what that is worth, exactly, though.

I wasn't disbelieving about Green, I just couldn't tell from the tweets who we were rooting for.

mz10
02-01-2013, 07:26 AM
I was there. It was un-freaking-believable. It's nothing personal against Kirsten, who is by all accounts a very nice person, but the people behind her campaign are the scum of the earth. They tried to get away with cheating us, thankfully Rep. Ryan Fattman and State Committeeman Gilmeister stood up and called them out for it.

FSP-Rebel
02-01-2013, 11:29 AM
I'd consider that a step in the right direction.

mz10
02-01-2013, 12:01 PM
I'd consider that a step in the right direction.

It is to a degree. And we will be replacing all the State Committee people who opposed us when their seats come up for re-election. The majority of Massachusetts Republicans are on our side, this is just a desperate power grab by people who know their influence is shrinking.