PDA

View Full Version : Tar and feathers

tod evans
01-31-2013, 04:57 PM
I believe it's about time to think about how our forefathers dealt with public servants who failed to represent them.

Instead of hot-tar like is used on a roof, they would use sorgum molasses and chicken feathers from the slaughter pen...

For city dwellers honey and an old pillow would suffice....

I wonder if merely showing up to speeches and public announcements replete with the fixins to tar and feather politicians and their minions would garner publicity?

It would certainly be one type of civil disobedience, one that I like to think Dr. Paul would approve of..

Seraphim
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Fuck it. This is the age of absolute deceit and outright treason. Bring back the fucking guillotine.

phill4paul
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
I believe it's about time to think about how our forefathers dealt with public servants who failed to represent them.

Instead of hot-tar like is used on a roof, they would use sorgum molasses and chicken feathers from the slaughter pen...

For city dwellers honey and an old pillow would suffice....

I wonder if merely showing up to speeches and public announcements replete with the fixins to tar and feather politicians and their minions would garner publicity?

It would certainly be one type of civil disobedience, one that I like to think Dr. Paul would approve of..

While I wholeheartedly agree with the premise I don't think Ron would approve.

tod evans
01-31-2013, 05:07 PM
While I wholeheartedly agree with the premise I don't think Ron would approve.

I have to wonder...

No one would be harmed plus it would be a channel for some of the outright hostility that's definitely brewing..

Maybe somebody can ask him? There are folks on this board who can present such ideas to him..

Seems to me a peaceful enough way to chastise, or threaten to chastise, those officials who do not represent the public..

fr33
01-31-2013, 05:12 PM
The gays are already doing it. Glitter bombs! Remember when they did it to every republican candidate including Ron.

tod evans
01-31-2013, 05:15 PM
The gays are already doing it. Glitter bombs! Remember when they did it to every republican candidate including Ron.

Tar and feathers are much more symbolic to the average American than glitter...

fr33
01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Tar and feathers are much more symbolic to the average American than glitter...lol I agree. Just pointing out some people out there are having a similar thought process.

libertygrl
01-31-2013, 05:27 PM
I never really thought it would be so brutal until I saw this scene from John Adams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6rUiIa7ZEw

Seraphim
01-31-2013, 05:32 PM
I disapprove of this for the middle man/messenger. The king? Fuck yea.

I never really thought it would be so brutal until I saw this scene from John Adams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6rUiIa7ZEw

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 05:35 PM

The 'messenger' has a moral decision to make - be on the right side, or the wrong side.

Seraphim
01-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Yes I agree very much. Punishment must fit the crime, however.

The 'messenger' has a moral decision to make - be on the right side, or the wrong side.

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 05:42 PM
Yes I agree very much. Punishment must fit the crime, however.

Agreed.

tod evans
01-31-2013, 06:10 PM
Punishment must fit the crime, however.

Public humiliation for treasonous behavior really doesn't fit this analogy..

Demigod
01-31-2013, 06:11 PM

He is more of an enforcer than a messenger.If he was just a messenger he does not have to take sides because all he is doing is passing on a message.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-31-2013, 06:39 PM

There *is* a sizeable amount of "dumb side" to varying degrees. Not fake dumb... real dumb.

Seraphim
01-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Did you skip over the 2nd post in this thread? It's mine. I believe it settles your qualm.

Public humiliation for treasonous behavior really doesn't fit this analogy..

Anti Federalist
01-31-2013, 08:08 PM

Who are they, but representatives of the King?

Enforcers of the King's edicts...

I'd have been with Sam Adams, I think.

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 08:28 PM
He is more of an enforcer than a messenger.If he was just a messenger he does not have to take sides because all he is doing is passing on a message.

Unless he knows that the person signing his paycheck is a corrupt tyrant.....

Occam's Banana
01-31-2013, 08:46 PM

And with Leonidas ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qR0Uke2XNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qR0Uke2XNI

libertygrl
02-01-2013, 10:14 AM

My naughty half wants to side with Sam but my good half wants to side with John. LOL.

Icymudpuppy
02-01-2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/01/24/tea-party-libertarians-and-small-organic-farmers-make-strange-political-bedfellows

After reading this story, I think it's the Bureaucrats like the Inspector that should be tarred and feathered first.