View Full Version : Shooting at middle school in Atlanta

UpperDecker
01-31-2013, 02:03 PM
On Fox News now. Son of a...

edit: Title is supposed to read "Shooting at a middle school in Atlanta"

youngbuck
01-31-2013, 02:10 PM
W..T..F..

our society is going from mad to utterly and completely deranged. God help us, and may He protect our freedoms in the face of the collectivist knee-jerk.

UpperDecker
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
14 year old was shot in the head.

Iptay
01-31-2013, 02:12 PM
It's going to be time to move pretty soon...

UpperDecker
01-31-2013, 02:13 PM
I await more anti-gun propaganda rather than people asking "what the hell is going on with the people of our country?"

coastie
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
DEVELOPING -- Atlanta school officials confirm a shooting at Price Middle School in Georgia.

School officials say two people were wounded in the shooting. One of the victims was a 14-year-old, MyFoxAtlanta.com reports.

Police say they have two people in custody in connection with the shooting, according to MyFoxAtlanta.com.

The school was placed on lockdown and authorities say parents are not being allowed to pick up their children at this time. Price Middle School is located in southwest Atlanta.

Click for more from MyFoxAtlanta.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/31/school-officials-confirm-shooting-at-atlanta-middle-school/#ixzz2JaOFfSup

Ahh yes, the S.W.A.T.S. area of the ATL.(South West Atlanta Too Strong-look it up). More than likely gang related. This probably happened every other day this week there as well, just not reported (like normally).

kathy88
01-31-2013, 02:17 PM
What do you expect when the news broadcasts this shit 24/7?

AFPVet
01-31-2013, 02:17 PM
I think this is just the result of a microscope effect.

ZENemy
01-31-2013, 02:18 PM
:(

kathy88
01-31-2013, 02:27 PM
School officials say two people were wounded in the shooting. One 14-year-old victim was rushed to the hospital after being shot in the head, the Associated Press reports.

Police say they have two people in custody in connection with the shooting, according to MyFoxAtlanta.com.

The school was placed on lockdown and authorities say parents are not being allowed to pick up their children at this time. Price Middle School is located in southwest Atlanta.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/31/school-officials-confirm-shooting-at-atlanta-middle-school/#ixzz2JaRq1r5d

better get a screen shot of that two people in custody bit

and WTF? I'd like to see them try to keep me from getting my kids in a situation like that

coastie
01-31-2013, 02:32 PM

and WTF? I'd like to see them try to keep me from getting my kids in a situation like that

Are you volunteering to be tazed, beaten, and then arrested-or worse? I guarantee you'd never even get close to retrieving your kids. Lesson=don't send your kids to public schools. Both of mine are(for now), and I'd stay put at home, there wouldn't even be a place to park, let alone access to the school with them in it.

ronpaulfollower999
01-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Probably a girlfriend/boyfriend dispute.

pcosmar
01-31-2013, 02:36 PM
People have conflicts, and sometimes use violence. That is as old as man.
Most of these are not news at all. A lovers quarrel, Robbery, anger at some perceived insult.
99% have a reason that is easily definable,,with a minimum of investigation.

It is only the ones that have NO REASON,, and mass casualties by a person that had no previous violent tendencies that perk my interest..

There is still a reason, just not readily definable. They provoke theory and speculation,, in the search for reason.

jmdrake
01-31-2013, 02:38 PM
William Cooper from 1991 on how then intend to disarm us.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?400114-Chilling-William-Cooper-s-1991-prediction-of-how-they-d-disarm-us&highlight=William+Cooper+school+shooting

luctor-et-emergo
01-31-2013, 02:58 PM
The man from Colorado who testified in front of the senate commission yesterday said something in regards to copycats. I'll try if I can find a transcript and his name. (and edit it in)

Edit:
Ok, His name was Dave Kopel (He is currently Research Director of the Independence Institute in Golden, Colorado, Associate Policy Analyst at the Cato Institute, contributor to the National Review magazine and Volokh Conspiracy legal blog. Previously he was Adjunct Professor of Law, New York University, and Former Assistant Attorney General for Colorado.) and this is from his testemony from yesterday;

Unfortunately, others are promoting repressive laws which would have done nothing to prevent Sandy Hook, and would do nothing to prevent the inevitable copycat crimes that may take place in the near future. The demands for symbolic but useless anti-gun laws are accompanied by an aggressive culture war against dissenters.
P2

Whatever should be done in the long run, the long gun will be much too late to stop the next copycat sociopath who attacks a school (or a mall or movie theater). More concealed carry laws like the ones in Utah and Texas are the best way to save lives right now. Teachers who are already licensed to carry a gun everywhere else in the state should not be prevented from protecting the children in their care.
While armed defense is a necessity, in the short run, to thwart copycat killers, long-term solutions are also necessary.
Doing something effective
A very large proportion of mass murders—and about one-sixth of “ordinary” murderers—are mentally ill. Better care, treatment, and stronger
laws for civil commitment could prevent many of these crimes. Of course any involuntary commitment must respect the Constitution which, as applied by the U.S. Supreme Court, requires proof by “clear and convincing evidence” that the individual is a danger to himself or others in order for the person to be committed. Better mental health treatment is expensive in the short run, but pays for itself in the long run, through reduced criminal justice and imprisonment costs, not to mention reduced costs to victims.78p25-26

http://judiciary.senate.gov/pdf/1-30-13KopelTestimony.pdf

heavenlyboy34
01-31-2013, 03:04 PM
As the cliched media saying goes "if it bleeds, it leads". Expect this to be in the news cycle a while. Fortunately, I don't pay attention to MSM. :cool:

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 03:07 PM

I went bug-eyed when I read that part! Fuck that!

heavenlyboy34
01-31-2013, 03:17 PM
W..T..F..

our society is going from mad to utterly and completely deranged. God help us, and may He protect our freedoms in the face of the collectivist knee-jerk.
I don't agree with Molyneux a lot, but he has a point about ultra-violence/war permeating society. It seems that when war, police statism, etc are "normalized", people just get desensitized to it and fall into a sort of madness. It was similar in the USSR. (not sure about fascist Germany, though...hope someone with expertise chimes in on that)

TheGrinch
01-31-2013, 03:30 PM
People have conflicts, and sometimes use violence. That is as old as man.
Most of these are not news at all. A lovers quarrel, Robbery, anger at some perceived insult.
99% have a reason that is easily definable,,with a minimum of investigation.

It is only the ones that have NO REASON,, and mass casualties by a person that had no previous violent tendencies that perk my interest..

There is still a reason, just not readily definable. They provoke theory and speculation,, in the search for reason.

Agreed, sad to say that in this case I can more easily predict what led to this, with this being in southwest Atlanta.

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 03:49 PM
I don't agree with Molyneux a lot, but he has a point about ultra-violence/war permeating society. It seems that when war, police statism, etc are "normalized", people just get desensitized to it and fall into a sort of madness. It was similar in the USSR. (not sure about fascist Germany, though...hope someone with expertise chimes in on that)

That, coupled with the fact that a LOT of people are on anti-depressants (with dangerous side-effects like suicidal tendencies). I'm patiently waiting for that link to be made to all these fatal shootings.

phill4paul
01-31-2013, 03:50 PM
That, coupled with the fact that a LOT of people are on anti-depressants (with dangerous side-effects like suicidal tendancies). I'm patiently waiting for that link to be made to all these fatal shootings.

At least your not holding your breathe. :p

coastie
01-31-2013, 03:51 PM
That, coupled with the fact that a LOT of people are on anti-depressants (with dangerous side-effects like suicidal tendancies). I'm patiently waiting for that link to be made to all these fatal shootings.

The link has already been made.....

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 03:53 PM

By whom?

kathy88
01-31-2013, 03:54 PM

Yeah, but it's not getting the attention it needs to get. I'm waiting for it to happen relatively soon, though. It has to.

coastie
01-31-2013, 03:58 PM
By whom?

:confused: The FACT that nearly all mass shooters were on them?

coastie
01-31-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah, but it's not getting the attention it needs to get. I'm waiting for it to happen relatively soon, though. It has to.

Unlikely. By that, I mean, if you're waiting for it to be "mainstream", it aint gonna happen, at least not anytime soon. Pharma ads account for a sizeable portion of ad revenue, not just on TV, but especially in women's/men's magazines. When sitting on the thinking pot, I like to go through my wife's Shape and other magazines and read all of the pharma ads, and there at least 4 per magazine....usually for an SSRI of some flavor, or some kind of ADD drug.

AFPVet
01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Yep... just watch corporate news one night and pay attention to the ads. It's scary.

libertygrl
01-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Are these many shootings in such a short time span even realistically possible without there being some kind of "pysop assistance" involved??? (I won't get into the kinds of assistance) but it just doesn't seem possible to me. Especially since there's a whole agenda of doing away with the 2nd amendment. I know there's the whole psychology of copy cats but even that doesn't go on for this long, does it? Don't let a good crisis go to waste I guess... :mad:

I don't know about you guys, but the more that this goes on the more divided people are going to become with the anti-gun crowd forming a hatred toward gun owners.

coastie
01-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Yep... just watch corporate news one night and pay attention to the ads. It's scary.

"Tell your doctor right away if you experience any sudden changes in mood, thinking, or behavior."...so he can just ignore it and blow you off. Been there, done that and now have a ruined marriage because of it. Fuck Big Pharma.

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 04:11 PM
:confused: The FACT that nearly all mass shooters were on them?

Has this been proven? Or is it just an internet rumor?

jkob
01-31-2013, 04:12 PM
Ahh yes, the S.W.A.T.S. area of the ATL.(South West Atlanta Too Strong-look it up). More than likely gang related. This probably happened every other day this week there as well, just not reported (like normally).

media will drop this like a hot potato, does not fit the narrative

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Are these many shootings in such a short time span even realistically possible without there being some kind of "pysop assistance" involved??? (I won't get into the kinds of assistance) but it just doesn't seem possible to me. Especially since there's a whole agenda of doing away with the 2nd amendment. I know there's the whole psychology of copy cats but even that doesn't go on for this long, does it? Don't let a good crisis go to waste I guess... :mad:

I don't know about you guys, but the more that this goes on the more divided people are going to become with the anti-gun crowd forming a hatred toward gun owners.

That's why we need to start a meme or something, about how all of the laws that have been passed thus far, and any that are being introduced and/or discussed now wouldn't have stopped any of the shootings, nor will they stop any in the future, since crazed people will always find a way.

coastie
01-31-2013, 04:14 PM

I think its more a case of the media combing through every shooting that happens now and blowing it up.

I don't buy the copy cat theory, at all. It doesn't remotely make sense. I mean, why try for your "15 minutes of fame", if you're more than likely not even gonna be alive to enjoy it? Even if you did survive, you're not gonna be sitting in jail watching TV coverage all day long enjoying that 15 minutes, they tend to isolate these idiots when they don't off themselves.

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 04:15 PM
This clip on side effects just kills me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIRepQESsnQ

coastie
01-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Has this been proven? Or is it just an internet rumor?

http://www.ssristories.com/index.php

From just a 1/16 of the page of the school shooting section:

School Shooting Prozac WITHDRAWAL 2008-02-15 Illinois ** 6 Dead: 15 Wounded: Perpetrator Was in Withdrawal from Med & Acting Erratically
School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant 2005-03-24 Minnesota **10 Dead: 7 Wounded: Dosage Increased One Week before Rampage
School Shooting Paxil [Seroxat] Antidepressant 2001-03-10 Pennsylvania **14 Year Old GIRL Shoots & Wounds Classmate at Catholic School
School Shooting Zoloft Antidepressant & ADHD Med 2011-07-11 Alabama **14 Year Old Kills Fellow Middle School Student
School Shooting Zoloft Antidepressant 1995-10-12 South Carolina **15 Year Old Shoots Two Teachers, Killing One: Then Kills Himself
School Shooting Med For Depression 2009-03-13 Germany **16 Dead Including Shooter: Antidepressant Use: Shooter in Treatment For Depression
School Hostage Situation Med For Depression 2010-12-15 France **17 Year Old with Sword Holds 20 Children & Teacher Hostage
School Shooting Plot Med For Depression WITHDRAWAL 2008-08-28 Texas **18 Year Old Plots a Columbine School Attack
School Shooting Anafranil Antidepressant 1988-05-20 Illinois **29 Year Old WOMAN Kills One Child: Wounds Five: Kills Self
School Shooting Luvox/Zoloft Antidepressants 1999-04-20 Colorado **COLUMBINE: 15 Dead: 24 Wounded
School Stabbings Antidepressants 2001-06-09 Japan **Eight Dead: 15 Wounded: Assailant Had Taken 10 Times his Normal Dose of Depression Med
School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 1998-05-21 Oregon **Four Dead: Twenty Injured
School Stabbing Med For Depression 2011-10-25 Washington **Girl, 15, Stabs Two Girls in School Restroom: 1 Is In Critical Condition
School Shooting Antidepressant 2006-09-30 Colorado **Man Assaults Girls: Kills One & Self
School Machete Attack Med for Depression 2001-09-26 Pennsylvania **Man Attacks 11 Children & 3 Teachers at Elementary School
School Shooting Related Luvox 1993-07-23 Florida **Man Commits Murder During Clinical Trial for Luvox: Same Drug as in COLUMBINE: Never Reported
School Hostage Situation Cymbalta Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2009-11-09 New York **Man With Gun Inside School Holds Principal Hostage
School Shooting Antidepressants 1992-09-20 Texas **Man, Angry Over Daughter's Report Card, Shoots 14 Rounds inside Elementary School
School Shooting SSRI 2010-02-19 Finland **On Sept. 23, 2008 a Finnish Student Shot & Killed 9 Students Before Killing Himself
School Shooting Threat Med for Depression* 2004-10-19 New Jersey **Over-Medicated Teen Brings Loaded Handguns to School
School Shooting Antidepressant? 2007-04-18 Virginia **Possible SSRI Use: 33 Dead at Virginia Tech
School Shooting Antidepressant? 2002-01-17 Virginia **Possible SSRI Withdrawal Mania: 3 Dead at Law School
School Incident/Bizarre Zoloft* 2010-08-22 Australia **School Counselor Exhibits Bizarre Behavior: Became Manic On Zoloft
School/Assault Antidepressant 2009-11-04 California **School Custodian Assaults Student & Principal: Had Manic Reaction From Depression Med
School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant 1992-01-30 Michigan **School Teacher Shoots & Kills His Superintendent at School
School Shooting Threats Celexa Antidepressant 2010-01-25 Virginia **Senior in High School Theatens to Kill 4 Classmates: Facebook Involved: Bail Denied
School Violence/Murder Antidepressants* 1998-05-04 New York **Sheriff's Deputy Shoots his Wife in an Elementary School
School Knifing/Murder Meds For Depression & ADHD 2010-04-28 Massachusetts **Sixteen Year Old Kills 15 Year Old in High School Bathroom in Sept. 2009
School Stabbing Wellbutrin 2006-12-04 Indiana **Stabbing by 17 Year Old At High School: Charged with Attempted Murder
School Threat Antidepressants 2007-04-23 Mississippi **Student Arrested for Making School Threat Over Internet
School Suspension Lexapro Antidepressant 2007-07-28 Arkansas **Student Has 11 Incidents with Police During his 16 Months on Lexapro
School Shooting Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2007-11-07 Finland **Student Kills 8: Wounds 10: Kills Self: High School in Finland
School Shooting Paxil [Seroxat] Antidepressant 2004-02-09 New York **Student Shoots Teacher in Leg at School
School Threat Prozac Antidepressant 2008-01-25 Washington **Student Takes Loaded Shotgun & 3 Rifles to School Parking Lot: Plans Suicide
School Shooting Plot Med For Depression 1998-12-01 Wisconsin **Teen Accused of Plotting to Gun Down Students at School
School/Assault Zoloft Antidepressant 2006-02-15 Tennessee **Teen Attacks Teacher at School
School Shooting Threat Antidepressant 1999-04-16 Idaho **Teen Fires Gun in School
School Hostage Situation Paxil & Effexor Antidepressants 2001-04-15 Washington **Teen Holds Classmates Hostage with a Gun
School Hostage Situation Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2006-11-28 North Carolina **Teen Holds Teacher & Student Hostage with Gun
School Knife Attack Med for Depression 2006-12-06 Indiana **Teen Knife Attacks Fellow Student
School Massacre Plot Prozac Withdrawal 2011-02-23 Virginia **Teen Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison For Columbine Style Plot
School Shooting Celexa & Effexor Antidepressants 2001-04-19 California **Teen Shoots at Classmates in School
School Shooting Celexa Antidepressant 2006-08-30 North Carolina **Teen Shoots at Two Students: Kills his Father: Celexa Found Among his Personal Effects
School Shooting Meds For Depression & ADHD 2011-03-18 South Carolina **Teen Shoots School Official: Pipe Bombs Found in Backpack
School Shooting Threat Antidepressant 2003-05-31 Michigan **Teen Threatens School Shooting: Charge is Terrorism
School Stand-Off Zoloft Antidepressant 1998-04-13 Idaho **Teen [14 Years Old] in School Holds Police At Bay: Fires Shots
School Shooting Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2007-10-12 Ohio **Teen [14 Years Old] School Shooter Possibly on Antidepressants or In Withdrawal
School Threat Antidepressants 2008-03-20 Indiana **Teen [16 Years Old] Brings Gun to School: There Is a Lockdown
School Suicide/Lockdown Med For Depression 2008-02-20 Idaho **Teen [16 Years Old] Kills Self at High School: Lockdown by Police
School Threats Prozac Antidepressant 1999-10-19 Florida **Teen [16 Years Old] Threatens Classmates With Knife & Fake Explosives
School Stabbing Med For Depression 2008-02-29 Texas **Teen [17 Year Old GIRL] Stabs Friend & Principal at High School
School Hostage Situation Prozac/ Paxil Antidepressants 2001-01-18 California **Teen [17 Years Old] Takes Girl Hostage at School: He is Killed by Police
School Knife Attack Treatment For Depression & Strattera 2009-03-10 Belgium **Three Dead in School Day Care: Two Children & a Caregiver: Happened Jan 23, 2009
School Shooting Plot Antidepressants 2009-09-22 England **Two English School Boys Plot to Blow Up High School
School Arson Incidents Paxil 2002-04-12 Michigan **Unusual Personality Change on Paxil Caused 15 Year Old to Set Fires inside High School
School Bomb Threat Med For Depression 2009-06-29 Australia **Vexed Father Makes Bomb Threat Against Elementary School
School Violence Antidepressant 2005-11-19 Arizona **Violent 8 Year Old GIRL Handcuffed by Police at School
School Violence Celexa Antidepressant 2002-01-23 Florida **Violent 8 Year-Old Boy Arrested At School
School Threat/Lockdown Lexapro* 2008-04-18 California **Violent High School Student Shot to Death on Campus by Police
School / Child Endangerment Antidepressants 2008-02-27 Canada **Wacky School Bus Driver Goes Berserk: Also Involved Painkillers
School Violence Paxil 2004-10-23 Washington DC **Young Boy, 10 Year Old, Has Violent Incidents at School
School Threat Wellbutrin Antidepressant 2007-04-24 Tennessee **Young Boy, 12, Threatens to Shoot Others at School
School Hostage Situation Med for Depression 2006-03-09 France **Young Ex-Teacher Holds 21 Students Hostage
School Shooting/Suicide Celexa 2002-10-07 Texas **Young Girl [13 Years Old] Kills Self at School With a Gun
School Hostage Situation Paxil 2001-10-12 North Carolina **Young Man Holds Three People Hostage in Duke University President's Office
School Murder Attempt Med For Depression 1995-03-04 California **Young Woman Deliberately Hits 3 Kids with Her Car at Elementary School: Laughed During Attack
Murder Prozac 2011-09-16 Canada *16 Year Old Stabs 15 Year Old: Will Be Tried in Youth Court Because of Bad Reaction to Prozac
Murder Attempt Wellbutrin* 2006-02-12 Washington *82 Year Old Man Found Not Guilty: Med Defense
Murder Attempt Celexa Antidepressants 2011-02-08 Massachusetts *Coed at Wellesley Found Not Guilty Due to Celexa

coastie
01-31-2013, 04:24 PM

Then it will really kill you to know that the majority of Doctor's simply blow off those symptoms, pretend they aren't happening or tell the patients and their families its all in your head.

I wonder, how many of these cases the doctors were warned? I know of one, a 15 yr old who hung herself a week after being put on Zoloft. The parents of this girl told the doctors something was wrong, doc blew them off. Then, two days later she's swinging in her closet. She was prescribed Zoloft because she couldn't sleep.

Although my situation didn't end in suicide(luckily), I've been in the parent's shoes w/ regards to the docs ignoring side effects.

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 04:24 PM
Holy crap!!! +rep

Humanae Libertas
01-31-2013, 04:25 PM

School Shooting Prozac WITHDRAWAL 2008-02-15 Illinois ** 6 Dead: 15 Wounded: Perpetrator Was in Withdrawal from Med & Acting Erratically
School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant 2005-03-24 Minnesota **10 Dead: 7 Wounded: Dosage Increased One Week before Rampage
School Shooting Paxil [Seroxat] Antidepressant 2001-03-10 Pennsylvania **14 Year Old GIRL Shoots & Wounds Classmate at Catholic School
School Shooting Zoloft Antidepressant & ADHD Med 2011-07-11 Alabama **14 Year Old Kills Fellow Middle School Student
School Shooting Zoloft Antidepressant 1995-10-12 South Carolina **15 Year Old Shoots Two Teachers, Killing One: Then Kills Himself
School Shooting Med For Depression 2009-03-13 Germany **16 Dead Including Shooter: Antidepressant Use: Shooter in Treatment For Depression
School Hostage Situation Med For Depression 2010-12-15 France **17 Year Old with Sword Holds 20 Children & Teacher Hostage
School Shooting Plot Med For Depression WITHDRAWAL 2008-08-28 Texas **18 Year Old Plots a Columbine School Attack
School Shooting Anafranil Antidepressant 1988-05-20 Illinois **29 Year Old WOMAN Kills One Child: Wounds Five: Kills Self
School Shooting Luvox/Zoloft Antidepressants 1999-04-20 Colorado **COLUMBINE: 15 Dead: 24 Wounded
School Stabbings Antidepressants 2001-06-09 Japan **Eight Dead: 15 Wounded: Assailant Had Taken 10 Times his Normal Dose of Depression Med
School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 1998-05-21 Oregon **Four Dead: Twenty Injured
School Stabbing Med For Depression 2011-10-25 Washington **Girl, 15, Stabs Two Girls in School Restroom: 1 Is In Critical Condition
School Shooting Antidepressant 2006-09-30 Colorado **Man Assaults Girls: Kills One & Self
School Machete Attack Med for Depression 2001-09-26 Pennsylvania **Man Attacks 11 Children & 3 Teachers at Elementary School
School Shooting Related Luvox 1993-07-23 Florida **Man Commits Murder During Clinical Trial for Luvox: Same Drug as in COLUMBINE: Never Reported
School Hostage Situation Cymbalta Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2009-11-09 New York **Man With Gun Inside School Holds Principal Hostage
School Shooting Antidepressants 1992-09-20 Texas **Man, Angry Over Daughter's Report Card, Shoots 14 Rounds inside Elementary School
School Shooting SSRI 2010-02-19 Finland **On Sept. 23, 2008 a Finnish Student Shot & Killed 9 Students Before Killing Himself
School Shooting Threat Med for Depression* 2004-10-19 New Jersey **Over-Medicated Teen Brings Loaded Handguns to School
School Shooting Antidepressant? 2007-04-18 Virginia **Possible SSRI Use: 33 Dead at Virginia Tech
School Shooting Antidepressant? 2002-01-17 Virginia **Possible SSRI Withdrawal Mania: 3 Dead at Law School
School Incident/Bizarre Zoloft* 2010-08-22 Australia **School Counselor Exhibits Bizarre Behavior: Became Manic On Zoloft
School/Assault Antidepressant 2009-11-04 California **School Custodian Assaults Student & Principal: Had Manic Reaction From Depression Med
School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant 1992-01-30 Michigan **School Teacher Shoots & Kills His Superintendent at School
School Shooting Threats Celexa Antidepressant 2010-01-25 Virginia **Senior in High School Theatens to Kill 4 Classmates: Facebook Involved: Bail Denied
School Violence/Murder Antidepressants* 1998-05-04 New York **Sheriff's Deputy Shoots his Wife in an Elementary School
School Knifing/Murder Meds For Depression & ADHD 2010-04-28 Massachusetts **Sixteen Year Old Kills 15 Year Old in High School Bathroom in Sept. 2009
School Stabbing Wellbutrin 2006-12-04 Indiana **Stabbing by 17 Year Old At High School: Charged with Attempted Murder
School Threat Antidepressants 2007-04-23 Mississippi **Student Arrested for Making School Threat Over Internet
School Suspension Lexapro Antidepressant 2007-07-28 Arkansas **Student Has 11 Incidents with Police During his 16 Months on Lexapro
School Shooting Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2007-11-07 Finland **Student Kills 8: Wounds 10: Kills Self: High School in Finland
School Shooting Paxil [Seroxat] Antidepressant 2004-02-09 New York **Student Shoots Teacher in Leg at School
School Threat Prozac Antidepressant 2008-01-25 Washington **Student Takes Loaded Shotgun & 3 Rifles to School Parking Lot: Plans Suicide
School Shooting Plot Med For Depression 1998-12-01 Wisconsin **Teen Accused of Plotting to Gun Down Students at School
School/Assault Zoloft Antidepressant 2006-02-15 Tennessee **Teen Attacks Teacher at School
School Shooting Threat Antidepressant 1999-04-16 Idaho **Teen Fires Gun in School
School Hostage Situation Paxil & Effexor Antidepressants 2001-04-15 Washington **Teen Holds Classmates Hostage with a Gun
School Hostage Situation Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2006-11-28 North Carolina **Teen Holds Teacher & Student Hostage with Gun
School Knife Attack Med for Depression 2006-12-06 Indiana **Teen Knife Attacks Fellow Student
School Massacre Plot Prozac Withdrawal 2011-02-23 Virginia **Teen Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison For Columbine Style Plot
School Shooting Celexa & Effexor Antidepressants 2001-04-19 California **Teen Shoots at Classmates in School
School Shooting Celexa Antidepressant 2006-08-30 North Carolina **Teen Shoots at Two Students: Kills his Father: Celexa Found Among his Personal Effects
School Shooting Meds For Depression & ADHD 2011-03-18 South Carolina **Teen Shoots School Official: Pipe Bombs Found in Backpack
School Shooting Threat Antidepressant 2003-05-31 Michigan **Teen Threatens School Shooting: Charge is Terrorism
School Stand-Off Zoloft Antidepressant 1998-04-13 Idaho **Teen [14 Years Old] in School Holds Police At Bay: Fires Shots
School Shooting Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2007-10-12 Ohio **Teen [14 Years Old] School Shooter Possibly on Antidepressants or In Withdrawal
School Threat Antidepressants 2008-03-20 Indiana **Teen [16 Years Old] Brings Gun to School: There Is a Lockdown
School Suicide/Lockdown Med For Depression 2008-02-20 Idaho **Teen [16 Years Old] Kills Self at High School: Lockdown by Police
School Threats Prozac Antidepressant 1999-10-19 Florida **Teen [16 Years Old] Threatens Classmates With Knife & Fake Explosives
School Stabbing Med For Depression 2008-02-29 Texas **Teen [17 Year Old GIRL] Stabs Friend & Principal at High School
School Hostage Situation Prozac/ Paxil Antidepressants 2001-01-18 California **Teen [17 Years Old] Takes Girl Hostage at School: He is Killed by Police
School Knife Attack Treatment For Depression & Strattera 2009-03-10 Belgium **Three Dead in School Day Care: Two Children & a Caregiver: Happened Jan 23, 2009
School Shooting Plot Antidepressants 2009-09-22 England **Two English School Boys Plot to Blow Up High School
School Arson Incidents Paxil 2002-04-12 Michigan **Unusual Personality Change on Paxil Caused 15 Year Old to Set Fires inside High School
School Bomb Threat Med For Depression 2009-06-29 Australia **Vexed Father Makes Bomb Threat Against Elementary School
School Violence Antidepressant 2005-11-19 Arizona **Violent 8 Year Old GIRL Handcuffed by Police at School
School Violence Celexa Antidepressant 2002-01-23 Florida **Violent 8 Year-Old Boy Arrested At School
School Threat/Lockdown Lexapro* 2008-04-18 California **Violent High School Student Shot to Death on Campus by Police
School / Child Endangerment Antidepressants 2008-02-27 Canada **Wacky School Bus Driver Goes Berserk: Also Involved Painkillers
School Violence Paxil 2004-10-23 Washington DC **Young Boy, 10 Year Old, Has Violent Incidents at School
School Threat Wellbutrin Antidepressant 2007-04-24 Tennessee **Young Boy, 12, Threatens to Shoot Others at School
School Hostage Situation Med for Depression 2006-03-09 France **Young Ex-Teacher Holds 21 Students Hostage
School Shooting/Suicide Celexa 2002-10-07 Texas **Young Girl [13 Years Old] Kills Self at School With a Gun
School Hostage Situation Paxil 2001-10-12 North Carolina **Young Man Holds Three People Hostage in Duke University President's Office
School Murder Attempt Med For Depression 1995-03-04 California **Young Woman Deliberately Hits 3 Kids with Her Car at Elementary School: Laughed During Attack
Murder Prozac 2011-09-16 Canada *16 Year Old Stabs 15 Year Old: Will Be Tried in Youth Court Because of Bad Reaction to Prozac
Murder Attempt Wellbutrin* 2006-02-12 Washington *82 Year Old Man Found Not Guilty: Med Defense
Murder Attempt Celexa Antidepressants 2011-02-08 Massachusetts *Coed at Wellesley Found Not Guilty Due to Celexa

There is no connection with big-pharma drugs and deranged wackos. Stop thinking you crazy conspiracy theorist!!!!

/sarcasm off

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Then it will really kill you to know that the majority of Doctor's simply blow off those symptoms, pretend they aren't happening or tell the patients and their families its all in your head.

I wonder, how many of these cases the doctors were warned? I know of one, a 15 yr old who hung herself a week after being put on Zoloft. The parents of this girl told the doctors something was wrong, doc blew them off. Then, two days later she's swinging in her closet. She was prescribed Zoloft because she couldn't sleep.

Although my situation didn't end in suicide(luckily), I've been in the parent's shoes w/ regards to the docs ignoring side effects.

Gigi Bowman's teenaged daughter committed suicide shortly after being put on anti-depressants. :(

TheGrinch
01-31-2013, 04:32 PM

LOL, I love how almost everyone shows clips of people enjoying life as they read off a laundry list of ways it will greatly impede and/or shorten your enjoyment of life.

coastie
01-31-2013, 04:35 PM
Gigi Bowman's teenaged daughter committed suicide shortly after being put on anti-depressants. :(

I know...as a parent of kids the ages they commonly put them on these drugs, I'm scared to death. It's gonna be a REALLY bad day for whomever dares to suggest my kids need them, or tries to force them upon them.

CHeck out the website. Be carefull though, it's a rabbit hole you'll be hard pressed to pull yourself away from, set aside at least a couple of hours. The sections there are:

Soldier Cases
School Shootings / Incidents
Workplace Violence
Celebrity Cases
Highly Publicized Cases
Won SSRI Criminal Cases
Women Teacher Molestations
Postpartum Cases
Murder-Suicides
Murders / Murder Attempts
Suicides / Suicide Attempts
Road Rage Cases

...all were taking/withdrawing/over dosing on SSRI's...

Unreal this shit is still all legal.

alucard13mmfmj
01-31-2013, 04:38 PM
pharma is as powerful as the military industrial complex... war will always be around.. anti-depressants will always be around.

coastie
01-31-2013, 04:41 PM
pharma is as powerful as the military industrial complex... war will always be around.. anti-depressants will always be around.

You are, unfortunately, probably correct.

Considering the locale this occurred, it may have just gang-related in this case. Anti-deppressant involvement usually comes out well after the press has put in everyone's head it was the gun, and the gun alone, that caused it.

Anti Federalist
01-31-2013, 05:59 PM

You would be beaten, tazed and shot.

If you survived, you would be charged with felony obstruction and resisting.

And while you rotted away in a prison hospital, the state will seize your kids.

Point is, once they have the pris...erm, school "locked down" you'd have a better chance of busting them out of sch...erm, prison.

If it is at all possible, get them out now, before insanity like this goes down.

tod evans
01-31-2013, 06:07 PM
You would be beaten, tazed and shot.

If you survived, you would be charged with felony obstruction and resisting.

And while you rotted away in a prison hospital, the state will seize your kids.

Point is, once they have the pris...erm, school "locked down" you'd have a better chance of busting them out of sch...erm, prison.

If it is at all possible, get them out now, before insanity like this goes down.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Got it? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

heavenlyboy34
01-31-2013, 06:50 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Deborah K again. So tragic it's a bit funny.

pochy1776
01-31-2013, 06:58 PM
Ten bucks that Adam Lanza was a Paranoid Schizophrenic.

tangent4ronpaul
01-31-2013, 08:42 PM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=ssri%20homicide

Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2012;14(4). pii: PCC.12br01363. doi: 10.4088/PCC.12br01363. Epub 2012 Aug 23.
Two cases of zolpidem-associated homicide.
Paradis CM, Siegel LA, Kleinman SB.
Source
Department of Psychology, Marymount Manhattan College, New York, and Department of Psychiatry, The State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn (Dr Paradis); Department of Psychiatry, New York University, New York (Dr Siegel); and Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York (Dr Kleinman), New York.
Abstract
Zolpidem is the most commonly prescribed medication for the short-term treatment of insomnia. Adverse reactions include nightmares, confusion, and memory deficits. Reported rare adverse neuropsychiatric reactions include sensory distortions such as hallucinations. Previous research has identified 4 factors that may place a patient at increased risk of zolpidem-associated psychotic or delirious reactions: (1) concomitant use of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), (2) female gender, (3) advanced age, and (4) zolpidem doses of 10 mg or higher. In this article, 2 cases are presented in which individuals killed their spouses and claimed total or partial amnesia. Neither individual had a history of aggressive behavior. Both had concomitantly taken 10 mg or more of zolpidem in addition to an SSRI (paroxetine).
PMID: 23251862 [PubMed - in process] PMCID: PMC3505131
Online: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3505131/

Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2012 Aug;222(3):499-506. doi: 10.1007/s00213-012-2668-2. Epub 2012 Mar 7.
Antidepressants and lethal violence in the Netherlands 1994-2008.
Bouvy PF, Liem M.
Source
Department of Psychiatry, Erasmus Medical Centre, Postbus 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands. p.bouvy@erasmusmc.nl
Abstract
RATIONALE:
There is an ongoing discussion on the relation between risk of violent behaviour and the use of antidepressants. The claim that the use of antidepressants can cause violent behaviour would gain credibility if a positive association between the two could be established.
OBJECTIVE:
The objective of this study is to evaluate the relationship between homicide, suicide and homicide-suicide rates and the rates of antidepressant use by gender and age group.
METHOD:
Nationwide data from the Netherlands on antidepressant prescriptions (ADs, SSRI and venlafaxine) and lethal violence were analysed over the 15-year period from 1994 to 2008.
RESULTS:
The findings indicated a significant negative association between lethal violence (homicide and suicide) and prescription of antidepressants in the Netherlands, indicating that in a period in which the exposure of the Dutch population to antidepressants increased, rates of lethal violence decreased.
CONCLUSIONS:
These data lend no support for an important role of antidepressant use in lethal violence.
Comment in
Antidepressants and lethal violence in the Netherlands. [Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2012]
PMID: 22395429 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] PMCID: PMC3395354
Online: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3395354/

Neuropsychopharmacol Hung. 2008 May;10(2):103-6.
Ayahuasca versus violence--a case report.
Frecska E.
Source
National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, Budapest, Hungary. efrecska@hotmail.com
Abstract
We have limited resources available for the treatment and prevention of violent behavior. The usefulness of the most commonly used medications, namely the selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor [SSRI] agents for the above purpose is a debated issue in the psychiatric literature. The aim of this case report is to add an ethnopharmacological perspective to the management of human aggression. Particularly, attention is called to the potential prosocial effect of the Amazonian beverage, ayahuasca--a decoctum, which has been used traditionally for multiple medico-religious purposes by numerous indigenous groups of the Upper Amazon--and has been found to be useful in crisis intervention, achieving redemption, as well as eliciting cathartic feelings with moral content.
PMID: 18959142 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Am J Orthopsychiatry. 2002 Jul;72(3):445-55.
Prozac and crime: who is the victim?
Mason SE.
Source
Wurzweiler School of Social Work, Yeshiva University, New York, New York 10033, USA. masonse@ymail.yu.edu
Abstract
Prozac has been cited in more medication defense criminal cases in the United States than has any other psychotropic drug. In the majority of these cases, defendants are arguing that they are the victims of the drug. Defendants assert that they are victimized by their own involuntary intoxication or that of witnesses and crime victims who have been adversely influenced by Prozac. This article reviews 12 criminal cases in the United States in which Prozac victimization is a salient theme, and it calls for mental health professional organizations to intervene in a growing legal conundrum.
PMID: 15792056 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

BMJ. 2004 Dec 11;329(7479):1365.
Documents missing from a 10 year old murder case sent to the BMJ.
Lenzer J.
PMID: 15591556 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] PMCID: PMC535489
Online: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC535489/

a taste:
The BMJ has been given a set of documents that mysteriously went missing from a US mass murder case 10 years ago. The killer was taking a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor at the time of the murders.

The internal drug company documents marked “Confidential,” which were sent to the BMJ by an anonymous source, indicate a link between a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor and a side effect, known as the “activation syndrome,” which includes agitation, mania, and hostility.

The BMJ has offered to turn the documents over to officials of the Food and Drug Administration, but no one at the FDA was available to comment as the BMJ went to press.

The documents were sent to the BMJ as a federal circuit court judge ruled on 3 December that Pfizer must turn over internal research documents to the defence counsel for a boy charged with murdering his grandparents.​grandparents.
One of Christopher Pittman's attorneys, Karen Barth Menzies of Los Angeles, told the BMJ that Pfizer's documents were important because they showed that some of Pfizer's own scientists had expressed concern that sertraline could cause violence.

Peter Breggin, a psychiatrist who served as the scientific expert in a review of over 100 cases of murder and suicide allegedly related to the antidepressant fluoxetine (Prozac), told the BMJ that the newer selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors cause an “activation syndrome” that is similar to the effect of amphetamines and that their dangers are akin to the dangers of street drugs. “Why do we think that simply because a doctor prescribes a medication they lose their dangerous effects?” he said.

J Psychopharmacol. 2003 Dec;17(4):355-64.
Death and dependence: current controversies over the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
Nutt DJ.
Source
University of Bristol, Psychopharmacology Unit, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol, UK. david.j.nutt@bristol.ac.uk
Abstract
Recent years have seen a considerable media interest in the adverse effects of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). This has led to claims that these antidepressants may lead to suicide and homicide and that they cause dependence or even addiction. Such claims have caused great concerns to many patients and have confused doctors in both primary care and psychiatric practice. In this article I review the basis of these claims and show that many seem to emerge from the misinterpretation of evidence and the use of imprecise definitions. Although the SSRIs are not free of problems they compare very favourably with other antidepressants and other classes of psychotropic drugs. There is no evidence they are addictive in the formal sense of leading to a drug dependence syndrome. Some suggestions on the way these issues can be more precisely defined and studied in future are given.
Comment in
Death, dependence and deception. [J Psychopharmacol. 2004]
PMID: 14870946 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Forensic Sci Int. 1994 Feb;64(2-3):107-17.
Fluoxetine and violent death in Maryland.
Frankenfield DL, Baker SP, Lange WR, Caplan YH, Smialek JE.
Source
Johns Hopkins University, School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD.
Abstract
A retrospective Medical Examiner case review of all deaths in Maryland where either fluoxetine or tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) use was forensically detected was conducted for the time period January 1987-July 1991. Case records and toxicology reports from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner were reviewed to determine cause and manner of death, circumstances of death, demographic information on the decedent, prior medical history of the decedent, and presence and level of either fluoxetine or TCA in various body fluids/tissues. Suicide was the manner of death most frequently associated with TCA and fluoxetine detection. Violent methods were more often associated with fluoxetine suicides than with TCA suicides (65% v. 23%, P < 0.001). Demographic characteristics of antidepressant-related deaths in Maryland were similar to those of the entire USA. Possible explanations for the results obtained include the inherent lower lethality of fluoxetine compared to the TCAs, necessitating the use of additional means to complete the act of suicide; that physicians may have switched more impulsive, high risk patients to this new agent as it became available, thus creating a selection bias for more violence-prone individuals in the fluoxetine group; or that fluoxetine may be associated with induction of violence and/or suicidal ideation. Further research examining the possible association of these agents with violent acts is warranted.
PMID: 8175081 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

JAMA. 2001 Dec 5;286(21):2695-702.
School-associated violent deaths in the United States, 1994-1999.
Anderson M, Kaufman J, Simon TR, Barrios L, Paulozzi L, Ryan G, Hammond R, Modzeleski W, Feucht T, Potter L; School-Associated Violent Deaths Study Group.
Source
Division of Violence Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mailstop K-60, 4770 Buford Hwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA. mea6@cdc.gov
Abstract
CONTEXT:
Despite the public alarm following a series of high-profile school shootings that occurred in the United States during the late 1990s, little is known about the actual incidence and characteristics of school-associated violent deaths.
OBJECTIVE:
To describe recent trends and features of school-associated violent deaths in the United States.
DESIGN, SETTING, AND SUBJECTS:
Population-based surveillance study of data collected from media databases, state and local agencies, and police and school officials for July 1, 1994, through June 30, 1999. A case was defined as a homicide, suicide, legal intervention, or unintentional firearm-related death of a student or nonstudent in which the fatal injury occurred (1) on the campus of a public or private elementary or secondary school, (2) while the victim was on the way to or from such a school, or (3) while the victim was attending or traveling to or from an official school-sponsored event.
MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES:
National estimates of risk of school-associated violent death; national trends in school-associated violent deaths; common features of these events; and potential risk factors for perpetration and victimization.
RESULTS:
Between 1994 and 1999, 220 events resulting in 253 deaths were identified; 202 events involved 1 death and 18 involved multiple deaths (median, 2 deaths per multiple-victim event). Of the 220 events, 172 were homicides, 30 were suicides, 11 were homicide-suicides, 5 were legal intervention deaths, and 2 were unintentional firearm-related deaths. Students accounted for 172 (68.0%) of these deaths, resulting in an estimated average annual incidence of 0.068 per 100 000 students. Between 1992 and 1999, the rate of single-victim student homicides decreased significantly (P =.03); however, homicide rates for students killed in multiple-victim events increased (P =.047). Most events occurred around the start of the school day, the lunch period, or the end of the school day. For 120 (54.5%) of the incidents, respondents reported that a note, threat, or other action potentially indicating risk for violence occurred prior to the event. Homicide offenders were more likely than homicide victims to have expressed some form of suicidal behavior prior to the event (odds ratio [OR], 6.96; 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.96-24.65) and been bullied by their peers (OR, 2.57; 95% CI, 1.12-5.92).
CONCLUSIONS:
Although school-associated violent deaths remain rare events, they have occurred often enough to allow for the detection of patterns and the identification of potential risk factors. This information may help schools respond to this problem.
Comment in
Risk factors for violent death in children. [JAMA. 2002]
Risk factors for violent death in children. [JAMA. 2002]
PMID: 11730445 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Am J Psychiatry. 1992 Apr;149(4):572.
Media coverage versus fluoxetine as the cause of suicidal ideation.
Ioannou C.
Comment in
Media- or fluoxetine-induced akathisia? [Am J Psychiatry. 1993]
Media- or fluoxetine-induced akathisia? [Am J Psychiatry. 1993]
Comment on
Emergence of intense suicidal preoccupation during fluoxetine treatment. [Am J Psychiatry. 1990]
PMID: 1554048 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Incidence and predictors of activation syndrome induced by antidepressants.
Harada T, Sakamoto K, Ishigooka J.
Source
Department of Psychiatry, Tokyo Women's Medical University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Activation syndrome is a side effect of antidepressants that is thought to carry a potentially increased risk of suicide. However, the incidence of activation syndrome has not been fully investigated and little has been reported on its predictors. The aim of this study was to survey the incidence of activation syndrome and clarify its predictors in a natural clinical setting.
METHODS:
Among 2,521 new outpatients visiting between August 2003 and March 2005, we retrospectively surveyed the case records of 729 patients who had not taken any antidepressants during the 1 month before presentation and were prescribed antidepressants for 3 months after the initial visit. Patients were classified as developing activation syndrome if they experienced any symptom of anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, impulsivity, akathisia, hypomania, and mania during the first 3 months.
RESULTS:
Of the 729 patients, 31 (4.3%) developed activation syndrome. The incidence was not significantly related to gender, age, class of antidepressant, combined use of benzodiazepine, or DSM-IV-TR diagnosis except for personality disorder. Diagnosis of personality disorder was significantly associated with the induction of activation syndrome (odds ratio=4.20, P=0.002).
CONCLUSIONS:
This study suggests that diagnosis of personality disorder may be a clinical predictor of activation syndrome.
PMID: 18781664 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

-t

RPfan1992
01-31-2013, 08:57 PM
ATLANTA — A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.

Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.

The wounded boy was taken "alert, conscious and breathing" to Grady Memorial Hospital, said police spokesman Carlos Campos. He was expected to be released Thursday night.

Police swarmed the school of about 400 students after reports of the shooting while a crowd of anxious parents gathered in the streets, awaiting word on their children. Students were kept at the locked-down school for more than two hours before being dismissed.

Investigators believe the shooting was not random and that something occurred between the two students that may have led to it.

Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis said the school does have metal detectors.

"The obvious question is how did this get past a metal detector?" Davis asked about the gun. "That's something we do not know yet."

The armed resource officer who took the gun away was off-duty and at the school, but police didn't release details on him or whether he is regularly at Price. Since 20 children and six adults were shot to death at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut in December, calls for armed officers in every school have resonated across the country.

Hours after the Atlanta shooting, several school buses loaded with children pulled away from the school and stopped in front of a church about a half-block away. Parents tried boarding the buses. Police who initially tried to stop the parents, relented and screamed, "Let them off!" about the students.

James Bolton was at work when his sister called saying a teen had been shot at his son's school and was in the crowd as parents began swarming the fleet of buses.

"Move, I see my son, I see mine!" he said, running up to embrace James Bolton Jr. "As long as I got this one back I'm OK," he said, holding his son's head against his chest as parents nearby frantically searched for their children.

Bolton Jr. said he was in class when the intercom sounded and a school official announced the building was under immediate lockdown.

"They told us we had to be quiet," Bolton told The Associated Press. "They said something went on in the courtyard." Bolton said he was unaware that anyone had been shot until a reporter asked him about it.

Shakita Walker, whose daughter is an eighth-grader at the school, said she received a text from her that said, "Ma somebody's shooting and somebody got shot." Walker, who works at another school, said she jumped in her car and was thinking "just hurry up and get there."

Walker said her daughter called to tell her that they were being kept in the gymnasium, but she said she was anxious to see her to make sure she was OK.

The fear and anxiety was palpable in the crowd, as one person yelled, "Does anyone know what happened?"

Superintendent Davis sympathized with concerned parents who complained that it took too long for students to be released from the building. He said emergency procedures were followed according to protocol and school district officials would meet Friday to review their response. Calls to the school district were not immediately returned.

Mayor Kasim Reed condemned gun violence in a statement shortly after the shooting and said counselors were at the school to meet with students, faculty and family members.

"Gun violence in and around our schools is simply unconscionable and must end," Reed said. "Too many young people are being harmed, and too many families are suffering from unimaginable and unnecessary grief."

Outside the school, Laquanda Pittman said she still hasn't heard from her sixth-grade son. She said she heard the news of the shooting on TV and immediately came to the school.

"All types of stuff went through my head. I'm wondering whether it was my child who got shot, is my child OK, did he see what happened?" Pittman said.

She said she just wants to see her son.

"As a parent, you just think you can send your child to school and you hope they come home OK," she said.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130131/US.Atlanta.School.Shooting/

AFPVet
01-31-2013, 10:14 PM
I am hearing that the shooter was stopped by an armed guard. I doubt the media will be glorifying that....

heavenlyboy34
01-31-2013, 11:15 PM
That, coupled with the fact that a LOT of people are on anti-depressants (with dangerous side-effects like suicidal tendencies). I'm patiently waiting for that link to be made to all these fatal shootings.
Kinda like Clockwork Orange, eh? :eek::(:(

Natural Citizen
02-01-2013, 02:52 AM

You know...doping youth like this wouldn't happen if we'd let them go out and explore as younger youth. Let them learn how life works. Let them develop naturally. We just want to feed them the latest trinket and keep them locked up in the house or some place out of sight of the politically correct in a manner that they don't impede the artificial or mechanical processes of logic of the world we want them to just conform to. And then when our answer to that poor decision on our part as these supposed wise elders we claim ourselves to be becomes transparent through our efforts to medicate the social effects of the intellectual roadblock we placed in front of them at an early age further compounds the issue then we have only ourselvs to bame, really. As a society, at least. Everyone is just in such a hurry to go no place in particular. Sorry for the run on sentence. Sometimes I babble but there is usually a thought in there some place.

Reminds me of this old tune.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5lHQnygt-s

Natural Citizen
02-01-2013, 02:58 AM
Thanks for making that short list available for viweing, coastie. I've read very little regarding this here although there really is a wealth of knowledge on it and efforts continue to inject these facts into discussion there and about.

Weston White
02-01-2013, 03:11 AM
Regarding the list of SSRI related shootings I recently compiled a first draft version from a couple of different sources (including a few additional tidbits of information): http://www.community.defendindependence.us/viewtopic.php?p=1840#p1840

Natural Citizen
02-01-2013, 03:22 AM
Regarding the list of SSRI related shootings I recently compiled a first draft version from a couple of different sources (including a few additional tidbits of information): http://www.community.defendindependence.us/viewtopic.php?p=1840#p1840

If you put together a good paper, I'd appreciate if you added it to this thread. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?398933-How-quickly-they-forget

tod evans
02-01-2013, 04:01 AM
Off SSRI's and back to gangs....

The way to break up intercity gangs is exactly the same as breaking up out of control law enforcement....Cut the purse strings!

Stop sending federal tax dollars to the two warring factions of the welfare state, government employees and welfare recipients.

End the war on drugs and even the "Newz" won't be able to justify the spending..

FindLiberty
02-01-2013, 09:13 AM
It should be stated as, "End the War ON SOME Drugs". (and please get rid of all those REVENUE Cameras at the intersections and Ban the PORNO Scanners at airports while we're at it.)

The audio from the "Side Effects" YouTube could be played in DR's offices to see if it causes spontaneous appointment cancellations, complete recovery or symptom abatement and eventual reduced medical insurance costs.

A clever 2x or 3x sped up version and/or a rap/auto-tune audio version of "Side Effects" might even go viral...