PDA

View Full Version : Please make a few phone calls.

Pride
11-22-2007, 09:13 AM
"This is the single biggest thing you can do for the campaign." - RonPaul2008.com

There are a lot of Ron Paul supporters here in Iowa but the only way we can win is if we get them to the caucus. That is where you come in. We need to call all the registered republicans in Iowa, find that 5% and make sure we get them to the caucus. There's no need to waste time converting anybody on the phone, there are enough people that like Ron Paul already to win the caucus - it is just a matter of finding them and getting them to the caucus.

Steps:

1. Download the script here (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/uploads/pdf/79.pdf)
2. Email drew.ivers@ronpaul2008.com to get a list to call
3. Let the calling begin!

Here is a copy of the script to use:

Script for Precinct Chair to Call Registered Voters

SCRIPT:
Hi, this is (your name) from here in (your town), and I am a Ron Paul supporter. I am calling to see what you think about Ron Paul for President.

RESPONSE:
Group A: IF they answer negative:
1) Ask them if they are “firm on that answer”? If they are, then
2) Quickly thank them for their time and wish them a wonderful day or evening.

Group B: If they are undecided, ask them if you can get them some information. If yes,
just direct them to www.RonPaul2008.com. Tell them you will call them back in a few
days, after they’ve had a chance to look at the information. [REMEMBER, we never
speak for the candidate. Stick to his voting record, it sells itself.]

Group C: If they answer YES, then ask them for two things:
1) Commit themselves to:

a) Vote for Dr. Paul in their Caucus.
b) Reserve “the date” (TBA) in January to go to the Caucus
c) Confirm their current address and that they can get to the Caucus.

2) Help Recruit Other Paul Patriots:

a) Explain to them our need to involve as many people as possible in recruiting and
activating others to become recruiters of more Ron Paul Patriots.
b) Tell them you have a list of (insert # amount) names and then ask them how many
names they would be willing to take.
c) Tell them that when they make their calls, they WILL find more Ron Paul
supporters to share their list with. Then the next person can divide up their list the
same way etc., etc., until everyone has a manageable number to call.

REMEMBER, to be friendly, local, and courteous.

(SOURCED from the official campaign)

AdoubleR
11-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Bump!

Mark Rushmore
11-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Most people will turn into firm anti-Paul voters if they get called by his supporters on Thanksgiving. The idea is great - but I'd hold off till tomorrow ;).

Pride
11-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Most people will turn into firm anti-Paul voters if they get called by his supporters on Thanksgiving. The idea is great - but I'd hold off till tomorrow ;).

I actually didn't think about that. Best to hold off till after thanksgiving. If you have any spare time in the next few days, this is a good way to spend it.