PDA

View Full Version : It's Totally Okay to Bully Gun Manufacturers With Government Power

Origanalist
01-31-2013, 10:07 AM
NYC Mayoral Candidate: It's Totally Okay to Bully Gun Manufacturers With Government Power

Late last week week I wrote about Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's bullying of banks that do business with gun manufacturers. He has also sent letters to mutual funds asking them to "blacklist" gun manufacturers. Now, New York City Mayoral Candidate Bill De Blasio is joining Emanuel and justified using government power to punish law abiding business they disagree with politically yesterday on Fox News. De Blasio predictably took a shot at the NRA as well, saying they're the only thing in the way of reform.

De Blasio joined Megyn Kelly Wednesday on America Live to explain his position.

“We can’t accept business as usual” in the fight to protect children and families “so we’re going to use every tool at our disposal to public officials to tell the gun industry we’re not going on like this.”

Megyn Kelly pressed him, asking, “Why go to a law-abiding company that employs thousands of American citizens and say, ‘You’re blacklisted, you’re done, no relations should be had with you because I don’t happen to like the right that you’re exercising’?”

De Blasio argued that he is, in fact, exercising his First Amendment rights. De Blasio said that public investments are “propping up an industry that is helping to lead to these kind of deaths, these kind of massacres, and is funding the NRA.”

"We're going to use the power of government to make them change their ways," De Blasio said.

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab40/katiepavlich/ScreenShot2013-01-31at80622AM.png

The truth is, if politicians like Emanuel and De Blasio want to bully gun companies, they'll find new banks and new states to operate in, taking millions in tax revenue and thousands of jobs with them. Texas Senator Ted Cruz has already urged gun manufacturers and their banks to relocate in the Lone Star State where business is friendly to both.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/01/31/nyc-mayoral-candidate-its-totally-okay-to-bully-gun-manufacturers-with-government-power-n1502022

belian78
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
I hate my state more and more everyday.