PDA

View Full Version : Video: Non-Compliance Resistance Evident at Buffalo vs NYS Q & A Forum on Arms bill

tony m
01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
January 29, 2013

Residents of Erie County, New York overflow the State's dictating / Q & A forum concerning the unconstitutional NY Safe Act arms bill.

The passion and anger from the people is evident of Erie County resistance.

After the first speaker spoke, the second one was introduced. A request from an audience member to recite the Pledge of Allegiance was ignored by the State. So the people took over and assertively recited it anyway.

The State attempted to have private interviews with the media which alienated the crowd further, who then demanded transparency. Then the State wanted the questions from the audience to be private, which riled folks even more.

Questions asked by Western New Yorkers covered: non-compliance, penalties, jury nullification, 2nd Amendment profiling into domestic terrorists, government tyranny, police, sheriff, and more.

Other topics, and especially on the people forming militias was missed due to full camera memory.

Welcome to blue collar Buffalo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol1SzjHPFGw&feature=youtu.be

Fiery Meeting About NY SAFE Act

Clarence, NY (WKBW) -

A question and answer session on New York's new gun law turned testy, as gun owners unleash a fury of anger on the new legislation.

Frustration boiled over for people who feel as though they are law abiding citizens, being turned into criminals.

For many, it was a chance to vent anger at Albany.

One WNYer even said "You put a brown shirt on Mr. Cuomo and put him on
television, he would look just like Hitler."

Another chimed in, "Angry people get together, they form militias
folks. This country, this WNY is prime for something like that!"

Western New York gun owners say they SAFE Act and its ban on assault weapons makes no sense.

One of the big concerns -- who is footing the bill for making changes to guns that are now considered assault weapons. State officials told the crowd the gun owners are the ones responsible.

People in the crowd also had a lot of questions about the registration laws. One gun owner asked,"What is the penalty if you don't register it? 'Cause I guarantee there's a lot of people that aren't going to."

At times, advocates felt answers were incomplete or political.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Firey-Meeting-About-NY-SAFE-Act-188927191.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHdUFK1YJ00&feature=youtu.be

fr33
01-30-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm watching this and enjoying it!

Philhelm
01-30-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm so sick of the cowardly, pre-packaged answers that are given to every question.

Anti Federalist
01-30-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm so sick of the cowardly, pre-packaged answers that are given to every question.

Fuck you, Mundane, in polite terms.

Philhelm
01-30-2013, 09:08 PM

I prefer the term "peasant," Your Grace.

coastie
01-30-2013, 09:09 PM

FWIW, they dragged the Sheriff into questioning...a guy asked "Would you send your Deputies in the streets with 7 round magazines?" Sheriff: "No". Room goes wild. Same Sheriff brought up how its only a matter of time before they move to bolt action rifles. Crowd goes double wild.

fr33
01-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Even their sheriff said he's worried the next thing is that they'll be coming for bolt action rifles.

Anti Federalist
01-30-2013, 09:23 PM
A request from an audience member to recite the Pledge of Allegiance was ignored by the State. So the people took over and assertively recited it anyway.

Why is this statist drivel so revered?

Why the hell would you be pledging "allegiance" to your oppressors?

I will never say that nonsense again, as long as I live.

This is better:

When in the course of Human Events...

Anti Federalist
01-30-2013, 09:23 PM
I prefer the term "peasant," Your Grace.

Your suggestion is noted, and rejected, Mundane.

tony m
01-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Why is this statist drivel so revered?

Why the hell would you be pledging "allegiance" to your oppressors?

I will never say that nonsense again, as long as I live.

This is better:

When in the course of Human Events...

These are just average joe's and are most likely not at our level of study to agree with our (your) determination. So the pledge is still going to be done. I don't think they have the pics and story about those U.S. children, der fuhering the stars and striped yet.

Let's give these people credit for showing up and stating things in the open. It was a helluva vibe in that room. I went to Rochester a few hours later for the same guys presenting and there was a big enforcement presence in the room to make sure it didn't happen again.

Anti Federalist
01-30-2013, 09:51 PM
These are just average joe's and are most likely not at our level of study to agree with our (your) determination. So the pledge is still going to be done. I don't think they have the pics and story about those U.S. children, der fuhering the stars and striped yet.

Let's give these people credit for showing up and stating things in the open. It was a helluva vibe in that room. I went to Rochester a few hours later for the same guys presenting and there was a big enforcement presence in the room to make sure it didn't happen again.

Don't get me wrong, I applaud their (and your) effort.

Just trying to take this thing to the next level, I'm sure you understand.

Can't have those damn Mundanes getting too uppity now, can we?

Anti Federalist
01-30-2013, 09:53 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScAnWVjEiZl0eUiVHOYWOchc9x6vSWu 0TWfuofgcpWThfz_V4f

ClydeCoulter
01-30-2013, 10:05 PM
We the People are not going to comply.

tony m
01-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Don't get me wrong, I applaud their (and your) effort.

Just trying to take this thing to the next level, I'm sure you understand.

Can't have those damn Mundanes getting to uppity now, can we?

I hear you. Only three of us RP regulars showed and I really didn't recognize anyone else. So, this was a good thing.

Jeff did a great job on the nullification.

ClydeCoulter
01-30-2013, 10:28 PM
I hear you. Only three of us RP regulars showed and I really didn't recognize anyone else. So, this was a good thing.

Jeff did a great job on the nullification.

Thanks tony m.

I heard the pledge with emphasis on "Republic" and "Liberty and Justice for ALL" in the video. I don't do the pledge or hand over heart thing, but for those that do, I don't begrudge them if I sense they are sincere in those parts, with understanding.

TomtheTinker
01-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Still a little juice left up in these hills...this video has me feeling a little better about this area.

Aeroneous
01-31-2013, 01:22 AM
I have to wonder if these same people were so passionate and active about this issue prior to the legislation getting passed. The legislation is BS, without a doubt, but many of the questions they were asking were pretty out of place considering the nature of the forum. Trying to point out stupidity after the fact is far less effective than pointing it out ahead of time in an effort to prevent it from being enacted. Glad to see people are showing their resistance, though.

fr33
01-31-2013, 01:41 AM
I have to wonder if these same people were so passionate and active about this issue prior to the legislation getting passed. The legislation is BS, without a doubt, but many of the questions they were asking were pretty out of place considering the nature of the forum. Trying to point out stupidity after the fact is far less effective than pointing it out ahead of time in an effort to prevent it from being enacted. Glad to see people are showing their resistance, though.
Well, no. My guess is that most of them voted for Romney (and Cuomo's opponent) and probably didn't know his gun grabbing record; while their neighbors in the big cities canceled their votes out big time. Maybe a better scenario to wake them up would be another Reagan (Romney) that acts like any other heavy handed politician like they all do.

CPUd
01-31-2013, 02:13 AM

Sounds like they may have written or called their reps, but also sounds like they didn't have a chance to do much more than that. What they wanted the people to take home from this meeting was that all the "law-abiding citizens", by definition, will comply, and those who speak out against it are a minority. The structure of the meeting was laid out purposefully to convey the message that these laws will get passed whether they like it or not (by implying the majority of the people are in favor of the law).

These types of meetings require a controlled Q & A to be effective. This is also a failed attempt, but a bit closer to what they were looking to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zpA1althjo

tod evans
01-31-2013, 03:32 AM
What an obnoxious prick!

Tar-n-feathers!

Pericles
01-31-2013, 11:59 AM
+rep to this entire thread.

TomtheTinker
02-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Bump