PDA

View Full Version : Obama inaguration teenage girl shot and killed in Chicago

alucard13mmfmj
01-30-2013, 02:28 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/teenage-girl-shot-killed-days-performing-obamas-inauguration-120200091.html

Hadiya Pendleton, all of 15 years old, was gunned down at a park in Chicago

As Congress holds a much-anticipated hearing on gun control, there was a disturbing reminder that gun violence in America never takes a break. It's been reported that Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old girl from Chicago, was gunned down on Tuesday, just days after she performed with her school band at President Obama's inauguration. Pendleton — an honors student, volleyball player, and majorette at King College Prep — was shot at a park just blocks away from her school.

According to reports, Pendleton was among 12 teenagers who had taken shelter from the rain under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park. An unidentified gunman then jumped the park's fence and allegedly opened fire. In addition to Pendleton, who later died from her wounds, a teenage boy was shot and is currently in serious condition at the hospital.

SEE MORE: Why gun owners should want to amend the Second Amendment

Details of the incident remain unclear, though initial reports suggest that Pendleton was not the primary target of the attack.

Since the school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, in December, more than 1,400 people have been killed in gun violence across the country.

nobody's_hero
01-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Violence in Chicago never takes a break, for sure. I wonder why that is?

klamath
01-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Gun violence is the same or less, only now the media is making EVERY shooting around the country headlines. All for their president's agenda.

jkr
01-30-2013, 02:58 PM
build a WALL around it and fill it w/ sea water

Acala
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
In Chicago? impossible. That's a gun-free zone.

coastie
01-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Gun violence is the same or less, only now the media is making EVERY shooting around the country headlines. All for their president's agenda.

Yep, I now expect every time someone farts too loud it will be considered a mass shooting....

Pericles
01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
In Chicago? impossible. That's a gun-free zone.

Story can't possibly be true.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-30-2013, 05:07 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/teenage-girl-shot-killed-days-performing-obamas-inauguration-120200091.html

Hadiya Pendleton, all of 15 years old, was gunned down at a park in Chicago

As Congress holds a much-anticipated hearing on gun control, there was a disturbing reminder that gun violence in America never takes a break. It's been reported that Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old girl from Chicago, was gunned down on Tuesday, just days after she performed with her school band at President Obama's inauguration. Pendleton — an honors student, volleyball player, and majorette at King College Prep — was shot at a park just blocks away from her school.

According to reports, Pendleton was among 12 teenagers who had taken shelter from the rain under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park. An unidentified gunman then jumped the park's fence and allegedly opened fire. In addition to Pendleton, who later died from her wounds, a teenage boy was shot and is currently in serious condition at the hospital.

SEE MORE: Why gun owners should want to amend the Second Amendment

Details of the incident remain unclear, though initial reports suggest that Pendleton was not the primary target of the attack.

Since the school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, in December, more than 1,400 people have been killed in gun violence across the country.

Amend the second amendment? The people in third world tyrannies without the right to bear arms subsist peacefully in poverty. Let these weak minded cowards take away our guns and we won't be having them back for thousands of years.

James Madison
01-30-2013, 05:15 PM
I've been to that area of Chicago a few times. Frightening place.

A Son of Liberty
01-30-2013, 06:05 PM
I heard today that the number of murders in Chicago is double the death rate among US troops in Afghanistan over the 10 years of the war.

No guns in Chicago, though. :rolleyes:

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-31-2013, 08:34 AM
I heard today that the number of murders in Chicago is double the death rate among US troops in Afghanistan over the 10 years of the war.

No guns in Chicago, though. :rolleyes:

So, let me get this straight. According to your supposition, as guns have been banned in Chicago, the number of deaths by guns have increased. Why, it is almost as if what you are describing is the real world.

coastie
01-31-2013, 09:07 AM
So, let me get this straight. According to your supposition, as guns have been banned in Chicago, the number of deaths by guns have increased. Why, it is almost as if what you are describing is the real world.

There is no place for this reality you speak of in Amerikka...I took the liberty of reporting him to Big Sis for re-education camp, comrade.

vita3
01-31-2013, 09:16 AM
All serious Gun discussion in the US should center on Chicago & the criminals that are killing each other & innocents

A Son of Liberty
01-31-2013, 09:23 AM
There is no place for this reality you speak of in Amerikka...I took the liberty of reporting him to Big Sis for re-education camp, comrade.

http://tvsnips.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/763ae8b1c9_2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

\\

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-31-2013, 09:33 AM
All serious Gun discussion in the US should center on Chicago & the criminals that are killing each other & innocents

I don't really care about Chicago. I don't really care about the people who get killed there even. Wait. Let me try. Arrgh! Nope. I still don't care. I guess I could pretend to care, but I just don't really. I think its the media that makes us feel bad about living a happy life without feeling bad. Shame on you! Still, I don't care about Chicago. If the dumb asses up there want to give up their guns, the more power to them. I just don't care about things that are over a thousand miles away. Especially Canadians. You know, I think of Canadians when watching the tellytubbies. If the whole world was like the tellytubbies, we wouldn't need guns. The precious baby face sun would rise in the sky. Nuu Nuu the purple vacuum cleaner would suck up our pink tubbycusters. "Boom!" Bye Tinky Winky. "Boom!" Bye Poe. "Boom!" by Dipsy. "Boom!" Bye Laa Laa. All good tellytubbies laid to rest. Eh oh! Its a small world after all . . . Because the greatest love of all . . . I have a dream . . .