PDA

View Full Version : Who is running Ron Paul's Facebook account now?

iGGz
01-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Talk about embarrassing.

sailingaway
01-30-2013, 12:40 PM
uh oh.

jcannon98188
01-30-2013, 12:41 PM
???

kcchiefs6465
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes, please elaborate for those of us who don't have Facebook.

sailingaway
01-30-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm suspecting he dictated it. Whatever. It would be nice if it were more polished.

sailingaway
01-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Yes, please elaborate for those of us who don't have Facebook.

You don't need an account to access RON'S page. This is Ron Paul.

https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

fr33
01-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Maybe Carol is teaching him how to use his own facebook. :D

sailingaway
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Maybe Carol is teaching him how to use his own facebook. :D

uh....

The Fed's the problem with its unconstitutioal power to create money and credit out of thin air. The eventual consequences are many fold:
1] value of the $ -down
2] price go up
3] gold up
4] silver up
5] interest rates up
6] economy down
7] Prosperity down
8] gov. spending up
9] national debt up
10] more war
11] greater welfare
12] more regulations
13] stocks down
14] political stalemates increase
15] civil unrest
16] loss of liberty

These events do not occur suddenly or necessarily all together. The movement of each accelerates, and in conjunction with each other, as the climatic end approaches.

HAPPY ENDING= A succesful re3VOLution

Stay tuned! REP

Ron didn't write that.

dannno
01-30-2013, 01:16 PM
You don't need an account to access RON'S page. This is Ron Paul.

https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

Facebook is often blocked at workplaces.

sailingaway
01-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Facebook is often blocked at workplaces.

ok, but it isn't an account issue with Ron. People begged him to get a 'welcome screen' so people would HAVE to 'like him' to view his page, during the campaign, and he never did. I can't really be certain it was because he didn't want to make people sign up with facebook, with Ron it could also have been just not understanding internet marketing, on a personal level, but I prefer to believe the former.

Romulus
01-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Wasn't it one of his grandkids running it?

FSP-Rebel
01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Key problem with allowing one's proxies to operate their sites w/ no supervision. Ron should be leveraging his FB page by battling the issues and keeping his faithful involved. Allowing incoherent statements and brain dead spelling mistakes smacks of amateurism.

dannno
01-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Wasn't it one of his grandkids running it?

Ooooops :eek:

kcchiefs6465
01-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Key problem with allowing one's proxies to operate their sites w/ no supervision. Ron should be leveraging his FB page by battling the issues and keeping his faithful involved. Allowing incoherent statements and brain dead spelling mistakes smacks of amateurism.
I didn't think it was that bad. As SA put it it could have used a little polishing but it's 100 times better than half of the comments on Facebook I'm sure.

V3n
01-30-2013, 02:18 PM
I thought it was good! :(

I do see the spelling mistake on "unconstitutioal" now, didn't notice the first time.

I liked the happy ending!

FSP-Rebel
01-30-2013, 02:23 PM
I didn't think it was that bad. As SA put it it could have used a little polishing but it's 100 times better than half of the comments on Facebook I'm sure.
Perhaps but I'm not making those sentiments with just this one FB post in mind.

green73
01-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Yesterday he had a tweet with "world pease".

frodus24
01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
^^^ Maybe Ron decided to smoke a joint...and relax?

sailingaway
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
^^^ Maybe Ron decided to smoke a joint...and relax?

Ron said he isn't sure he even knows what marijuana looks like. With anyone else, I wouldn't believe it, but Ron's lack of pop culture is striking.

ican'tvote
01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
These events do not occur suddenly or necessarily all together. The movement of each accelerates, and in conjunction with each other, as the climatic end approaches.

HAPPY ENDING= A succesful re3VOLution
Whoever wrote this should lose their job.

cajuncocoa
01-30-2013, 03:08 PM
His accounts on FB and Twitter hacked, perhaps?

sailingaway
01-30-2013, 03:09 PM
His accounts on FB and Twitter hacked, perhaps?

Well, the sentiment sounds right, but today's looks like he jotted down notes and left it to someone else to turn into complete sentences.

liveandletlive
01-30-2013, 03:29 PM
statement from Ron Paul:

"I have disavowed that facebook post."

j/k

kcchiefs6465
01-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Whoever wrote this should lose their job.
Lmao wow. I remember thinking 'happy ending' kind of struck me as odd. I didn't even catch that. Yeah I recant my earlier post.

frodus24
01-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Ron said he isn't sure he even knows what marijuana looks like. With anyone else, I wouldn't believe it, but Ron's lack of pop culture is striking.

When he spoke in Lexington a couple of weeks ago, he told the story of how he thought "viral" was a new disease when it actually referred to a video on the internet going into warp speed. He has the ability to laugh at his lack of pop culture.

musicmax
01-30-2013, 04:22 PM
It'll probably be traced to Lew Rockwell. :p

Confederate
01-30-2013, 04:27 PM
It'll probably be traced to Lew Rockwell. :p

No, the post wasn't 'racist.'

MelissaWV
01-30-2013, 04:30 PM
No, the post wasn't 'racist.'

"Happy Ending" isn't a veiled insult at Asian massage parlors?

Confederate
01-30-2013, 04:36 PM
"Happy Ending" isn't a veiled insult at Asian massage parlors?

You're right! Racist codeword = Lew Rockwell

cajuncocoa
01-30-2013, 04:55 PM
statement from Ron Paul:

"I have disavowed that facebook post."

j/k
Did this come from Teh Collins?

Jackie Moon
01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
It's still been pretty popular on Facebook with over 12,300 likes and 4,100 shares within 5 hours. At least the message is good.

I'd guess that maybe he gave someone a rough outline and expected them to make it complete but they just posted it instead.

sailingaway
01-30-2013, 06:15 PM
It's still been pretty popular on Facebook with over 12,300 likes and 4,100 shares within 5 hours. At least the message is good.

I'd guess that maybe he gave someone a rough outline and expected them to make it complete but they just posted it instead.

that's what I thought. I think the likes are because people want him to get his web cast or whatever on so they can hear from him. silence is an unusual condition.

Jackie Moon
01-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah it shows how much potential there is and how many people want to hear from him when something like that can still get people liking and commenting. Imagine what could be done with some better help.

He must know someone that he trusts with Facebook and Twitter skills.

sailingaway
01-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Yeah it shows how much potential there is and how many people want to hear from him when something like that can still get people liking and commenting. Imagine what could be done with some better help.

He must know someone that he trusts with Facebook and Twitter skills.

He seems allergic to letting anyone like that use them....

ronpaulfollower999
01-30-2013, 07:45 PM
FWIW, that status was shared by Lew Rockwell.

Bastiat's The Law
01-30-2013, 07:59 PM
It's been going on for years now. :(

Jackie Moon
01-31-2013, 01:31 AM
I was looking at the page data for Ron's Facebook page and it shows him with a net loss of 37 likes today (Jan 30th).

That's not a huge number and may be a coincidence but it's different than the trend of being around +100 to +200 each day.

http://g.virbcdn.com/_f2/files/8e/FileItem-278449-ron_paul_facebook_chart.png
http://pagedata.appdata.com/pages/facebook/ron-paul/6233046685

newbitech
01-31-2013, 06:30 AM
oh, those idea would all be something I could get behind, but since he spelled the words wrong, I'll pass..

K466
01-31-2013, 06:33 AM
Very odd, we don't need embarrassments like that:eek:

ronaldo23
01-31-2013, 06:53 AM
lol reminds me of the time rons status was "we seein' inflation". At first I thought Ron was just really hood, but then I figured someone else was posting for him.

LibertyEagle
01-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Which illiterate idiot is running Ron Paul's Facebook account now?

I'm not sure which is more embarrassing. The couple of typos on Ron's Facebook, or the fact that you started a thread calling the person making them, an "illiterate idiot". We don't even know who is maintaining that page now. It could even be one of Ron's great grandchildren.

kcchiefs6465
01-31-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm not sure which is more embarrassing. The couple of typos on Ron's Facebook, or the fact that you started a thread calling the person making them, an "illiterate idiot". We don't even know who is maintaining that page now. It could even be one of Ron's great grandchildren.
The orgasm references they really could have done without. I don't care who it is, if you're that unprofessional and/or childish to allude to orgasms you shouldn't be running his page.

GunnyFreedom
01-31-2013, 09:49 AM
The orgasm references they really could have done without. I don't care who it is, if you're that unprofessional and/or childish to allude to orgasms you shouldn't be running his page.

To be fair, stories had happy endings for centuries before 'happy ending' came to also describe something else. The sexual connotation never even struck me until I read it in this thread. Perhaps much of that perception has more to do with overactive libido on the readers part than the writers part. ;)

cajuncocoa
01-31-2013, 09:53 AM
To be fair, stories had happy endings for centuries before 'happy ending' came to also describe something else. The sexual connotation never even struck me until I read it in this thread. Perhaps much of that perception has more to do with overactive libido on the readers part than the writers part. ;)
Maybe I'm too old but that connection never even occurred to me. :eek:

KingNothing
01-31-2013, 09:55 AM
As long as James B. Powell isn't running the account, we should be OK.

ronpaulfollower999
01-31-2013, 09:57 AM
lol reminds me of the time rons status was "we seein' inflation". At first I thought Ron was just really hood, but then I figured someone else was posting for him.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/338/04/338-0425161238-ron-paul-2012-hat-Phx.jpg

Don't doubt your first instinct.

ronpaulfollower999
01-31-2013, 09:59 AM
You go to Friendly's to get a "Happy Ending Sundae." No guarantee on the ingredients of the cream.

parocks
01-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Ooooops :eek:

and now, with the great grandkids running it ...

jcannon98188
01-31-2013, 11:25 AM
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/338/04/338-0425161238-ron-paul-2012-hat-Phx.jpg

Don't doubt your first instinct.

Yeah I was going to post that picture too :P Ron Paul IS hood. Word up. Yo. Dawg. Fo shizzle. I'm hip right?

rev1689
01-31-2013, 11:26 AM
Ron didn't write that.

I'm not convinced. The man's got a lot more time on his hands now, so he's ready to get comfortable with social media. And for someone who has never really used it himself, these kinds of awkwardly formatted posts are exactly what I'd expect to see. This stuff is probably what he's used to scratching out on a legal pad for someone else to polish up! We should be thankful that we get to see these diamonds in the rough.

Besides, he signed it REP, Ronald Ernest Paul. It's the same thing as when President Obama signs his Tweets "-bo"; it's simply GOT to be him. :D

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 01:08 PM

I didn't get the orgasm idea from that either, just mega shorthand which might have been better flushed out into sentences.

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm not convinced. The man's got a lot more time on his hands now, so he's ready to get comfortable with social media. And for someone who has never really used it himself, these kinds of awkwardly formatted posts are exactly what I'd expect to see. This stuff is probably what he's used to scratching out on a legal pad for someone else to polish up! We should be thankful that we get to see these diamonds in the rough.

Besides, he signed it REP, Ronald Ernest Paul. It's the same thing as when President Obama signs his Tweets "-bo"; it's simply GOT to be him. :D

I thought they were just trying to give someone rep, not realizing facebook is deficient in that way...

LibertyEagle
01-31-2013, 01:15 PM
Well, if it was him, I'm sure he will be pleased to see that someone called him an illiterate idiot in a thread title available to Google. :rolleyes:

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 01:16 PM
well I'll take out illiterate idiot.

But I'm fairly certain it wasn't Ron putting it in the computer. He may have jotted it on a pad expecting someone to flush it out.

Ron, if it WAS you, putting it into the computer, we love you, and are surprised you are coming off as illiterate in your facebook post. Give us more details on what you are doing, please, because when your facebook posts spin off multiple blogs, articles and threads, you are giving us too little material.

But I must say the BONES of this at least sound like it might be him, whereas the second amendment post 'by Ron Paul' at C4L sounds nothing like him, so I still am happier with the facebook post.

EBounding
01-31-2013, 02:46 PM
Oh good lord, the latest update is a disaster. I do not believe he is personally writing these things.

https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/posts/10152257980386686

garyallen59
01-31-2013, 02:50 PM
Oh good lord, the latest update is a disaster. I do not believe he is personally writing these things.

https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/posts/10152257980386686

Yeah, it's bad. "Accunting"

::cringe::

ronpaulfollower999
01-31-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't even notice the spelling until you guys point it out. :p I enjoy the updates though, especially if they are Ron's.

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 02:54 PM
I don't even notice the spelling until you guys point it out. :p I enjoy the updates though, especially if they are Ron's.

I prefer misspelled updates to no updates, that is for certain.

But you would think auto correct would have picked that one up....

Several headlines the past two days screamed out that "defense spending plunged 22% last quarter." Wringing of hands by the Neocons has erupted. Washington accunting quackery can explain it all. Government officials are good at gross distortions and fear mongering.Be assured that military spennding is not about to go down.The Military Industrial Complex won't allow it. Remember, the spending has nothing to do with "defense" only militarianism. The scare tactics, participted in by both Democrats and Republicans,are designed to head off sequestration. And even that would only nibble away at proposed increases. Don't they know that lying isn't nice!! Time for a R3VOLution. REP

EBounding
01-31-2013, 02:57 PM
"militarianism"

It's Militarism! It sounds like they outsourced the FB updates to someone in China.

NOVALibertarian
01-31-2013, 02:57 PM
There is no way this is Ron...

IndianaPolitico
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
They really need to get on this fast....

garyallen59
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
they fixed it!

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
they fixed it!

Yea!

You have to like it again if you did before, the number started over and the 1200 or so who liked it previously aren't there. Mind you a new 900+ are....

kcchiefs6465
01-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Lol. I remember the wording just struck me as odd. It wasn't until someone else mentioned it that my brain made the connection.

Occam's Banana
01-31-2013, 03:25 PM
I have only one thing to say about all this: :toady:

vita3
01-31-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm guessing Ron is directly entering this.

1) He's almost 80

2) Typing is probably not his thing

3) He's had staff members & helpers for years & may be flying solo now that he's out of DC

God Bless him

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm guessing Ron is directly entering this.

1) He's almost 80

2) Typing is probably not his thing

3) He's had staff members & helpers for years & may be flying solo now that he's out of DC

God Bless him

I think he might have jotted it down and given it to someone else to input, but I can't see him leaving it in that form, or, frankly, putting the backwards E (the 3) properly into r3volution....

but if he does start doing his own facebook, it is true it will be new to him.

iGGz
01-31-2013, 10:39 PM

And you think I give a shit?

Well, if it was him, I'm sure he will be pleased to see that someone called him an illiterate idiot in a thread title available to Google. :rolleyes:

You actually think Ron Paul would waste his time posting on Facebook? Are you really that naive? Ron Paul is done. He doesn't give two shits about his Facebook page. He never did. Isn't that obvious? And you think Ron Paul is sitting around at home Googling himself? You're a joke. Seriously, you make me laugh and not in a good way.

Can you seriously picture Ron Paul typing out 'Time for a R3VOLution' at the end of each post? You must really not know much about him.

And thanks for changing my thread title because little LibertyEagle bitches and moans all the time.

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 10:41 PM

You actually think Ron Paul would waste his time posting on Facebook? Are you really that naive? Ron Paul is done. He doesn't give two shits about his Facebook page. He never did. Isn't that obvious? And you think Ron Paul is sitting around at home Googling himself? You're a joke. Seriously, you make me laugh and not in a good way.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong about 'Ron Paul is done'

iGGz
01-31-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm pretty sure you are wrong about 'Ron Paul is done'

I hope not.

fr33
01-31-2013, 10:56 PM

Can you seriously picture Ron Paul typing out 'Time for a R3VOLution' at the end of each post? You must really not know much about him.

And thanks for changing my thread title because little LibertyEagle bitches and moans all the time.
Yeah I actually do picture Ron, now done with politics, finally using his social network accounts. He has nothing else to do when he isn't giving speeches or appearing on tv/radio. He has tons of spare time that he didn't have before.

I also picture him being new to social networking and posting poor things that aren't articulated or spelled out well. That happens all the time actually when people of Ron's age get on facebook. All the time.

sailingaway
01-31-2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah I actually do picture Ron, now done with politics, finally using his social network accounts. He has nothing else to do when he isn't giving speeches or appearing on tv/radio. He has tons of spare time that he didn't have before.

I also picture him being new to social networking and posting poor things that aren't articulated or spelled out well.

That poster erased every single prior post of his and replaced them with hash marks.

LibertyEagle
01-31-2013, 11:00 PM
That is the problem!

And thanks for changing my thread title because little LibertyEagle bitches and moans all the time.[/COLOR]

If your thread title was changed, it was because your brain evacuated your body when you were choosing the title. Blame your own ass.

D.A.S.
02-01-2013, 11:45 AM
I just don't believe that Ron would be writing his Facebook or Twitter posts. In fact, I don't even think he's asking a family member to post on Facebook for him. I think someone who's doing it is taking their own initiative to post what Ron might like to say. The man is way too modest, and very formal, judging by his Texas Straight Talk updates. It's certainly nice that someone's taking initiative to relay Ron's views. It's a welcome sight to see Ron's updates on Facebook. But they do need to be careful how they represent such a venerable and revered figure as Ron Paul.

qh4dotcom
02-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Who is running Dr. Paul's Twitter account now?

sailingaway
02-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Who is running Dr. Paul's Twitter account now?

why did you want two threads on that?

Jackie Moon
02-04-2013, 07:18 PM
The Facebook posts have actually gotten better, but if you go here and hit refresh you can watch the likes drop.

http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/likes

If Ron is fully controlling his own Facebook/Twitter, I love him for it. I wouldn't want him to give full control to anyone or change his message.

But it would be nice to see him work with someone that has Facebook/Twitter experience that can help him get his thoughts in to a format that works on social media. He has a pretty large platform with the potential to reach many millions as his messages are shared and re-tweeted.

It would be tough for anyone who had no experience to take over accounts with such large followings.

sailingaway
02-04-2013, 07:20 PM
The Facebook posts have actually gotten better, but if you go here and hit refresh you can watch the likes drop.

http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/likes

If Ron is fully controlling his own Facebook/Twitter, I love him for it. I wouldn't want him to give full control to anyone or change his message.

But it would be nice to see him work with someone that has Facebook/Twitter experience that can help him get his thoughts in to a format that works on social media. He has a pretty large platform with the potential to reach many millions as his messages are shared and re-tweeted.

It would be tough for anyone who had no experience to take over accounts with such large followings.

I want him to handle his own as well. there might be start up issues, and that is absolutely fine with me. An untranslated path to Ron is well worth it.