PDA

View Full Version : Sen. David Vitter: Marco Rubio ‘nuts’ on immigration

itshappening
01-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Smacked down! ouch... ;)

-
Sen. David Vitter on Wednesday called Florida Sen. Marco Rubio “amazingly naïve” and “nuts” on the issue of immigration and slammed the new bipartisan reform proposal as “ridiculous.”

The Louisiana Republican told “The Laura Ingraham Show” that the blueprint unveiled by a group of eight senators is a plan that mirrors the “same old” failed immigration reform of 1986. Rubio’s belief that enforcement mechanisms will work this time around is “just amazingly naïve,” Vitter said.

“I love and respect Marco. I think he’s just amazingly naïve on this issue,” Vitter said. “This is the same old formula that we’ve dealt with before, including when it passed in 1986, and that is promises of enforcement and immediate amnesty. And of course, the promises of enforcement never materialize. The amnesty happens immediately — the millisecond the bill is signed into law, and the same is true here. No, they won’t be citizens immediately. They will be legal.”

“Citizenship is guaranteed at that point as a practical matter,” he added.

Vitter said that if the Florida Republican doesn’t think legal status offers a pathway to citizenship, “he’s nuts.”

“Look, as soon as you give these people a legal status, to say that you’re going to reverse that is ridiculous,” Vitter said. “It’ll never happen. As soon as you give them a legal status, they are here legally forever and probably they’re citizens pretty darn soon after. And if Marco thinks no matter what happens or doesn’t happen on the enforcement side that’s not going to happen, I just think he’s nuts.”

Ingraham responded that Rubio has said the proposed commission will determine whether the enforcement is in place and that will then ensure it is “truly comprehensive.”

“Who’s going to appoint this commission?” Vitter replied. “You know Janet Napolitano was a border governor, you know. Are we going to have a commission full of Janet Napolitanos? That’s really going to ensure enforcement, right?”

“Well, you know, I’m trying to play devil’s advocate here as best as I can,” Ingraham said with a laugh.

The radio host added that she thinks Rubio has been “roped into this gang of eight” and that while the senator has the “best of intentions,” she has a number of questions about the proposal’s framework.

Vitter, meanwhile, said Rubio’s comment that he won’t support the final legislation if enforcement mechanisms aren’t in place is “ridiculous” given who the current president is.

“I think it’s particularly ridiculous to say, ‘we really mean it this time, enforcement is going to happen under President Obama.’ It didn’t happen under Reagan, but it’s going to happen under President Obama?” Vitter said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/david-vitter-marco-rubio-nuts-on-immigration-86934.html#ixzz2JU5vZOaC

FSP-Rebel
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Sure would like to hear Rand speak up on this.

itshappening
01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Sure would like to hear Rand speak up on this.

No. Rand is doing a good job letting Rubio hang himself on this. He doesn't need to comment. He opposes amnesty and that's on his issues page. Lee has come out to oppose it so we can guess that Rand won't like this very much but he's best keeping quiet and letting Rubio dig himself in a hole

FSP-Rebel
01-30-2013, 12:33 PM
No. Rand is doing a good job letting Rubio hang himself on this. He doesn't need to comment. He opposes amnesty and that's on his issues page. Lee has come out to oppose it so we can guess that Rand won't like this very much but he's best keeping quiet and letting Rubio dig himself in a hole
I hear ya on that and it's great that this info got out on the Ingraham show but Rube was on Levin last night and was using magician speak to act if this was actually a conservative option and in the end, shockingly, it seemed like Levin was falling for it. I just would like to hear one of the opposition that understands this thing in full would get on Levin point out what a disaster this thing really is.

itshappening
01-30-2013, 12:40 PM
I hear ya on that and it's great that this info got out on the Ingraham show but Rube was on Levin last night and was using magician speak to act if this was actually a conservative option and in the end, shockingly, it seemed like Levin was falling for it. I just would like to hear one of the opposition that understands this thing in full would get on Levin point out what a disaster this thing really is.

Levin also had Sen. Sessions on who wasn't happy with it. Levin was being nice to Rubio though. Did you hear the last caller? He called out Levin for being soft on Rubio, it was amusing... Levin went off at him.

Brett85
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM

Rand supports a path to citizenship and even introduced his own plan that contains a path to citizenship. It's more likely than not that he'll vote for this bill.

itshappening
01-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Rand supports a path to citizenship and even introduced his own plan that contains a path to citizenship. It's more likely than not that he'll vote for this bill.

I doubt he will support something once the liberals and Obama backers in the Senate get hold of it.

Rand is probably talking about his own specific plan.

mz10
01-30-2013, 01:20 PM

If it weren't for the fact that Rubio is such a great communicator, I'd tend to agree with you on that. The fact is, however, Rubio is a masterful politician and he will find a way to make conservatives embrace this unless someone like Rand speaks up (or David Vitter for that matter).

itshappening
01-30-2013, 01:24 PM
If it weren't for the fact that Rubio is such a great communicator, I'd tend to agree with you on that. The fact is, however, Rubio is a masterful politician and he will find a way to make conservatives embrace this unless someone like Rand speaks up (or David Vitter for that matter).

There are plenty of conservatives who are opposed to it, Sessions and Vitter are just two. And lets not even talk about the House yet when their phones start melting when this comes up.

The liberals will get hold of this and make it awful, they're already talking about gay partners for the illegals!

Brian4Liberty
01-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Sen. David Vitter: Marco Rubio ‘nuts’ on immigration

Some in the GOP will balk as more neo-conservative planks are revealed.

FSP-Rebel
01-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Levin also had Sen. Sessions on who wasn't happy with it. Levin was being nice to Rubio though. Did you hear the last caller? He called out Levin for being soft on Rubio, it was amusing... Levin went off at him.
I basically switched over to Dennis Miller during my drive home after Levin went to break after his interview w/ Rubio. I'd like to hear more about what transcribed on that call tho. I was just surprised at how conservative sounding Rubio was able to make of this disaster and Levin was kind of buying it. All I or anyone should need to see about this bill is that McCain and Graham having their names promo-ing it.

Miller had on Mark Steyn who sometimes sits in for Rush and this guy was saying that the average time spent on one immigration application is about 6 minutes. Thus, failing to do any in depth research into backgrounds and the like. I'm sure there's much more here than meets the eye but if a mainstreamer like Steyn can make pause on this, that's telling. He even brought up some things that were in comparison to his immigration status from the UK.

itshappening
01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
I basically switched over to Dennis Miller during my drive home after Levin went to break after his interview w/ Rubio. I'd like to hear more about what transcribed on that call tho. I was just surprised at how conservative sounding Rubio was able to make of this disaster and Levin was kind of buying it. All I or anyone should need to see about this bill is that McCain and Graham having their names promo-ing it.

Miller had on Mark Steyn who sometimes sits in for Rush and this guy was saying that the average time spent on one immigration application is about 6 minutes. Thus, failing to do any in depth research into backgrounds and the like. I'm sure there's much more here than meets the eye but if a mainstreamer like Steyn can make pause on this, that's telling. He even brought up some things that were in comparison to his immigration status from the UK.

Go to marklevinshow.com and scroll to the end of yesterday's show, it was his only call for a while and he ripped Levin for being soft and Levin didn't like it!

The Free Hornet
01-30-2013, 03:12 PM
David Vitter is a piece of shit. This is all I need to know on the a-hole.

Voted YES on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
Voted YES on constitutional amendment prohibiting flag desecration. (Jun 2003)
Broaden use of death penalty. (Nov 2002)
Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)
Voted NO on requiring FISA court warrant to monitor US-to-foreign calls. (Feb 2008)
Voted YES on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad. (Aug 2007)
Voted NO on preserving habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees. (Sep 2006)
Voted NO on requiring CIA reports on detainees & interrogation methods. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act. (Mar 2006)
Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's wiretap provision. (Dec 2005)
Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)
Voted YES on banning Internet gambling by credit card. (Jun 2003)
Withdrew support for policing websites for copyright. (May 2011)
[oops - hand caught in the cookie jar?]
Prohibit the return of the Fairness Doctrine. (Jan 2009)
YES on military border patrols to battle drugs & terrorism

www.ontheissues.org/senate/david_vitter.htm (http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/david_vitter.htm)

I really don't need these scumbags trying to run my life:

A staunch advocate of conservative platforms from abstinence-only education to a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage, the Republican Louisiana Senator apparently had no problem with high-class call girls, as his phone number was revealed to be on a list belonging to a company owned by the infamous "D.C. Madam." Larry Flynt's Hustler magazine found the phone number and contacted Vitter's office to inquire about it. The next day, Vitter issued a public apology for his "very serious sin," and later managed to retain his seat in the Senate.

www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1721111_1721210_1721123,00.html (http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1721111_1721210_1721123,00.html)

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2008/0803/david_vitter_scandal.jpg

Michigan11
01-30-2013, 03:46 PM
A hispanic trying to allow more hispanics into the country is how many repubs view this coming from Rubio I believe. They see it as bullshit and weak, but this is also how the establishment introduces something and then later the people cheer it on. I don't think this is going to pass, but it will be passed in the future in a different form. I would think Rand should continue on his path he is on, showing an alternative for those paying attention in the party who are waking up. Rand I've noticed has stayed away so far from attacking Rubio for good reason. It also brings more attention to Rubio. That's how I see it anyways.

itshappening
01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
David Vitter is a piece of shit. This is all I need to know on the a-hole.

I really don't need these scumbags trying to run my life:

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2008/0803/david_vitter_scandal.jpg

You could say the same for about 90% of the senators there, they're ALL terrible by and large... we have a few new good ones though.

Agorism
01-30-2013, 09:16 PM
lol nice