View Full Version : Sheriff David Clarke vs Piers Morgan

green73
01-30-2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB0lJzNloyA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB0lJzNloyA

fisharmor
01-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Do I have to use my phone's data, or can I assume it went something like this:
So you're saying something I think is incredibly incendiary, are you?
Reasonable argument
Reasonable argument
You're an incredibly steupid man, aren't you?
Reasonable argument
subtle jab
Watch as I stand on the graves of dead children to push my agenda
Reasonable argument
Direct insult that goes flying over Piers' head
Well you're no friend of mine
Commercial

talkingpointes
01-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Do I have to use my phone's data, or can I assume it went something like this:
So you're saying something I think is incredibly incendiary, are you?
Reasonable argument
Reasonable argument
You're an incredibly steupid man, aren't you?
Reasonable argument
subtle jab
Watch as I stand on the graves of dead children to push my agenda
Reasonable argument
Direct insult that goes flying over Piers' head
Well you're no friend of mine
Commercial

Plus some exchange with the sheriff and the mayor in Wisconsin. Gives you an idea of the internal situation going on across the country. Sheriffs I would guess are overwhelmingly in favor of gun ownership.

Seraphim
01-30-2013, 10:53 AM
They g'damn well better be.

Plus some exchange with the sheriff and the mayor in Wisconsin. Gives you an idea of the internal situation going on across the country. Sheriffs I would guess are overwhelmingly in favor of gun ownership.

dannno
01-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Piers reminds me of Pip from South Park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHD2VRJvPUU

fisharmor
01-30-2013, 10:59 AM
So far it sounds like the Sheriff is arguing that the cops are getting furloughed and this the reason to arm yourselves.
I do like how he said it's an individual decision.
I do think Morgan is a bigger fuck sack than I did before watching this.

nobody's_hero
01-30-2013, 11:53 AM
It's funny when the Mayor brings up jurisdictions. I don't know how it works in Wisconsin, but in Georgia, the Sheriff has greater jurisdiction than the police department.

Not law enforcement related, but when I served on the Vol. Fire department at a county-level, we were told that every citizen within the city limits has the ability to call on the county fire department, due to the fact that people living within city limits pay county taxes as well as municipal taxes. It's rare that such a situation occurs, except in situations where disasters are so large the city needs additional resources, but it is still an option for people in the city to have access to county resources.

I would think that that law enforcement in other states work similarly. The Mayor is viewing the city as an entirely separate jurisdiction, not an overlapping one. Frankly, I don't know why anyone would want to live within city limits where I live. You just end up with higher taxes and only a negligible improvement in emergency services. In many areas of the city, the county fire department usually has a closer station to respond from than even the city itself.

jmdrake
01-30-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry. But every time I see this jackass Piers Morgan rudely manipulate the gun control debate with his "normal" guests by talking over them and insisting they answer irrelevant questions, I'm more and more convinced that the Alex Jones approach was the right one, or at the very least needed. There is no way that everyone is going to go into a debate with the stats for every conceivable question. And Piers criticizing the way the sheriff talked? Really? The sheriff should have asked "Why are you sounding like an effeminate version of James Bond?"

jmdrake
01-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Oh, and here's what the mayor doesn't want you to know. You don't have to be convicted to have a domestic violence restraining placed against you. Judges routinely grant them just based on a complaint itself. So no. You should not be able to disarm someone just because you go into night court and tell some judge you're afraid of that person and they person is given no chance to rebut the allegations.

nobody's_hero
01-30-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry. But every time I see this jackass Piers Morgan rudely manipulation the gun control debate with his "normal" guests by talking over them and insisting they answer irrelevant questions, I'm more and more convinced that the Alex Jones approach was the right one, or at the very least needed. There is no way that everyone is going to go into a debate with the stats for every conceivable question. And Piers criticizing the way the sheriff talked? Really? The sheriff should have asked "Why are you sounding like an effeminate version of James Bond?"

I was at the point the first time I heard Alex explode on Piers, and I'm not even that big of an Alex Jones fan.

It goes back to what George Washington explained:

'Government is not eloquence, it is not reason — it is force.'

To me, Piers Morgan represents very well, a mouthpiece of such an irrational, forceful government. He does not recant when presented with facts, he is belligerent in his interviews, he constantly distinguishes the line between the elites and the commoners, and he would not hesitate to enlist thugs to do his bidding, which he is too cowardly to do himself. He fits all the critera of a statist, and he would prefer that his will alone, be law.

Some of the people, even here on these forums, seem to think that we will be able to reason our way with these people back to a state of liberty.

I caution these people to never forget the nature of the leviathan. It is not eloquence, it is not reason — it is force. You can do no better to talk sense into these people than you can to use well-reasoned points to speak a tiger back into its cage.