PDA

View Full Version : Senate having hearing on gun control n introducing legislation today (NOW)

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 09:13 AM
It's on C-SPAN (1) now.

Giffords just came on.

btw: another rocket launcher showed up at a Seattle gun show...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Pushing for background checks now.

Anyone else tuned in?

Fear mongering... common sense controls... etc, etc, etc..

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Railing against video games now...

SURPRISE! - talking about a video game (un-named) that on the first level involves shooting civilians IN A AIRPORT SECURITY WAITING LINE!!!!

Supposidly this game is for export only and not available for sale in the US.

rrriiiiggghhhtttt!!!!!

WOW! - now he (Grassly) is talking up constitutional limitations... ie: talking up our side... WTF?

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 09:35 AM
What wonderful timing to have an emergency altert system "test"... :rolleyes:

Giffords husband it talking now.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 09:47 AM
David Kopal (UofD prof and I think pro-gun author) is KICKING ASS! w00t!!!!

btw: both the Giffords own guns.

Some anti-gunner cop from Baltimore is up now.

Is anyone else watching this?

-t

tasteless
01-30-2013, 09:54 AM

-t

I believe you got it backwards, it's available here but banned in some countries.

Here's the level in question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHvYZNtbQQ

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Gayle Trotter is hyping our side. She's REALLY PUSHING CCW! YEAH!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 10:01 AM
I believe you got it backwards, it's available here but banned in some countries.

Here's the level in question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHvYZNtbQQ

Just quoting what the congress critter said. I'm unfamiliar with the game.

Thanks for the info.

+rep

NRA is on now.

-t

coastie
01-30-2013, 10:09 AM

SURPRISE! - talking about a video game (un-named) that on the first level involves shooting civilians IN A AIRPORT SECURITY WAITING LINE!!!!

rrriiiiggghhhtttt!!!!!

WOW! - now he (Grassly) is talking up constitutional limitations... ie: talking up our side... WTF?

-t

No, there is a game with that in it. That was a part in Modern Warfare 2, I believe. I'll admit, my kid and I are big fans of the Call of Duty series(well, not that big), and I remember the day he reached that level. My wife screamed my name out all of the sudden, and I came around the corner and was like :eek: WTF are you playing? "Modern Warfare 2". It wasn't really just civilians in a waiting line, it was in the entire airport. You weren't required to pull the trigger, btw, and you were playing (I believe) Russian or some other Eastern European terrorists, not as an American. My son didn't like the level, either, FWIW, it really seems out of place in the game, not to mention the shock factor of it.

ETA:^someone beat me to it

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 10:12 AM
The Baltimore chief of police just pulled a lot of total BS state and claims out off his ass... :rolleyes:

like 40% of criminals get guns via straw man sales... riggghhhtttt....

for you twitter freaks (hello Sailing Away!) the hash tag is #guncontrol

-t

tasteless
01-30-2013, 10:14 AM
My issue with the game citation is, why is there outrage in congress over military forces killing US citizens in a videogame, but none when it happens in real life?

coastie
01-30-2013, 10:15 AM
David Kopal (UofD prof and I think pro-gun author) is KICKING ASS! w00t!!!!

btw: both the Giffords own guns.

Some anti-gunner cop from Baltimore is up now.

Is anyone else watching this?

-t

I am, La Pierre just got done. Talking about 94 AWB now.

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Grassley had a great session!

The fiend is on now and lying out of her ass - describing being able to fire 3-400 rounds a minute and 3-4 rounds on a trigger pull (that's a MACHINE GUN IDIOT!)

What a brain dead bitch!

-t

nobody's_hero
01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Wow that baltimore police chief sucks ass.

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Jeff Sessions is KICKING ASS! w00t!!!!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Wow that baltimore police chief sucks ass.

Unfortunately he's head of an association of police chiefs.

I donated to his organization once - police benevolant fund - and was outraged to learn that my donation was used for anti-gun legislation action... :(

NEVER AGAIN! (donation)

-t

coastie
01-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Grassley had a great session!

The fiend is on now and lying out of her ass - describing being able to fire 3-400 rounds a minute and 3-4 rounds on a trigger pull (that's a MACHINE GUN IDIOT!)

What a brain dead bitch!

-t

What's worse, no one corrected her. Oh gawd, now its Shumer.

supermario21
01-30-2013, 10:40 AM

I donated to his organization once - police benevolant fund - and was outraged to learn that my donation was used for anti-gun legislation action... :(

NEVER AGAIN! (donation)

-t

Wish I could see this, but remember associations, as we've learned with the Republican Party establishment, can often hold different views from the average members.

coastie
01-30-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm getting a headache listening to Shumer, got to turn this circus freak show off.

phill4paul
01-30-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm getting a headache listening to Shumer, got to turn this circus freak show off.

Same.

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm liking a few things Schumer is saying. to whit:

We will never ban guns

The background system will never create a gun registry.

I soooo want to believe he's not lying - but I doubt it...

-t

nobody's_hero
01-30-2013, 10:47 AM

NEVER AGAIN! (donation)

-t

I think we can safely guess Sheriff Mack wasn't invited to speak today.

coastie
01-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Ok, I'm recording this now, I may break it into snippets later if I have time, and throw it up on my youtube channel. Errrrr, wait, sounds like its ending now?

coastie
01-30-2013, 11:09 AM
If anyone watching this wants to jot down times (use the clock on top right of screen), or particular exciting/stupid things, please do. I'll do a mash up or whatever later of it all, I have to leave now and can't watch it(but I am recording it now).

Be advised, you may need your relaxant of choice to watch this shit....

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 11:13 AM
WHAT A BRAIN DEAD MORON!!!! (congress critter)

VOMIT!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 11:13 AM
If anyone watching this wants to jot down times (use the clock on top right of screen), or particular exciting/stupid things, please do. I'll do a mash up or whatever later of it all, I have to leave now and can't watch it(but I am recording it now).

Be advised, you may need your relaxant of choice to watch this shit....

it will be up on the C-SPAN archives in a while. Prob a few hours.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
"the answer is to have someone line you, chief Johnson" is to have someone like you to meet them when they come in the door"...

A cop in every home.... :rolleyes"

and he admits he has a AR...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 11:28 AM
baltimore cop: we put our officers through an extensive background check, months of firearms training, how to use it, how to care forit a polly.... and it's my understanding that my COLLEGES in the US military that soldiers go through a similar process...."

Yo VETS! - MONTHS of firearm training? Extensive background check, a polly? - how many of you have experienced this?

I thought so....

Please talk to us with your mouth, not your ASS!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Is anyone else disturbed that so many members of Congress are former prosecutors?

At least in this committee?

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 11:48 AM
NRA guy just said 1.75 of criminals obtain guns via gun shows. (supposidly the "easy way".
Baltimore pig siad 40% of guns criminals obtain are via "straw sales".

Who do you believe?

WHOA! - someone just mentioned psych meds! WOW!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Tom Cruz ROCKS!!!!

1.9% of guns sold at gun shows are used in violent crimes. Most of those go through background checks - and soooo MUCH more!!!!

w00t!!!

Anyone else here or are you all glued to the boob tube? Or do you just not care that they are talking about disarming us????

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Franken(STINE) will introduce "mental health" legislation for our teens in schools. BE SCARED! BE VERY SCARED!!!!

FORCED "mental health" crap... can you say SSRI's?

-t

KingNothing
01-30-2013, 12:04 PM

rrriiiiggghhhtttt!!!!!

-t

That's one of the older Call of Duty games. It caused a big ordeal when it came out and the developers of the game were forced to put a bunch of warnings of "disturbing civilian death" or some such thing before the level.

The Terrorist Under Every Bed crowd assumed it would cause lonewolf lunatics to shoot people. The Conspiracy Nutjob Crowd assumed it was "preparing us" for a false flag attack.

Not surprisingly, each side looks idiotic in retrospect and hasn't said much about it.

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:09 PM
baltimore pig - praising the AR15's ability to kill dogs and mundanes.... must have for our "protectors"... :rolleyes:

VOMIT!

-t

coastie
01-30-2013, 12:11 PM
it will be up on the C-SPAN archives in a while. Prob a few hours.

-t

Good thing, I just checked back and my video capture isn't recording the audio. Oh well.

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
That's one of the older Call of Duty games. It caused a big ordeal when it came out and the developers of the game were forced to put a bunch of warnings of "disturbing civilian death" or some such thing before the level.

The Terrorist Under Every Bed crowd assumed it would cause lonewolf lunatics to shoot people. The Conspiracy Nutjob Crowd assumed it was "preparing us" for a false flag attack.

Not surprisingly, each side looks idiotic in retrospect and hasn't said much about it.

Refer to the thread about TSA ppl being trained recently about reacting to public shooting at airline check points and saving their own asses!

VOMIT!

-t

coastie
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Anybody watching this on line??? There's no audio coming through, wtf.

ETA: Nevermind, its on my end, fixed it now,.

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Umm Hatch - you are an IDIOT! In the mid 1960's you could order an anti-tank cannon or a 81mm mortar and HE ammo mail order! NO PAPERWORK! NO BACKGROUND CHECK! SHIPPED DIRECTLY TO YOUR ADDY!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Giffords hubby is an IDIOT!!! "80% of criminals surveyed got their guns through private sales" - you mean those stolen firearms sold out of a trunk of a car??? - RIGHT!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Sen Coons - NRA Guy - you are making too much sense so I'm going to cut you off and ask the lying sack of shit, the baltimore pig to tell me what I want to hear and lie out you ass!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Jeff Flake seems to be turning on us...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Why isn't anyone else commenting?

Do most of you ppl just not CARE about the 2A?

-t

Lucille
01-30-2013, 12:35 PM

-t

Flake was never one of us. He cares more about money already spent (earmarks) than the BoR.

XNavyNuke
01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
A cop in every home.... :rolleyes"

-t

Maybe we should just do away with the 3rd amendment too!

XNN

LibertyEagle
01-30-2013, 12:40 PM

-t

Maybe because we're watching it, Tangent.

Assholes are now pushing for background checks on purchases of ammunition.

LibertyEagle
01-30-2013, 12:40 PM

-t

Did he? I must have missed it.

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Cruz hits it out of the park again!!!!!

Johnson (baltimore pig) replies as the lying sack of shit that he is as usual.... :(

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Did he? I must have missed it.

Yes - but I'm suffering from info overload as to specifics...

-t

pcosmar
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Ya'all are going to be in my world soon.

:(

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
It's over - but C-SPAN just opened up their phone lines.

CALL, CALL, CALL!!!!

and mention SSRI's!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Ya'all are going to be in my world soon.

Well, I hope you have a roomie like me that has tons of firearms laying around. NOT owned by you....

-t

kcchiefs6465
01-30-2013, 01:01 PM

-t
Quite frankly because you couldn't pay me to watch that propagandist bullshit. Fuck 'em. All that need be said. I knew what it was gonna be and sure enough it was. I'm not going to ruin my day because a couple treasonous POS politicians want to have a public circle jerk.

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Hay YouTubers - C-SPAN just said they will replay the entire hearing in a few minutes and will again at 8pm EST.

-t

coastie
01-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Hay YouTubers - C-SPAN just said they will replay the entire hearing in a few minutes and will again at 8pm EST.

-t

If I could figure out wtf my screen capture won't capture the audio as well, I would.:(

Pericles
01-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Yo VETS! - MONTHS of firearm training? Extensive background check, a polly? - how many of you have experienced this?

I thought so....

Yeah - 40 rounds a year on annual qualification. But, machine guns are fun - just sayin'.

coastie
01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Yeah - 40 rounds a year on annual qualification. But, machine guns are fun - just sayin'.

Yep^ We only shot every 6 months. 4 10rd mags for the SIG P229 .40. I believe 3 20rd mags for M16, and I don't remember how many for the shotgun. Fucking ridiculous, especially for law enforcement. I did learn while shooting at the local PD here that the cops have to buy their own ammunition to practice with....:eek:

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Yep^ We only shot every 6 months. 4 10rd mags for the SIG P229 .40. I believe 3 20rd mags for M16, and I don't remember how many for the shotgun. Fucking ridiculous, especially for law enforcement. I did learn while shooting at the local PD here that the cops have to buy their own ammunition to practice with....:eek:

Those numbers would be kinda fun to put into the DHS spreadsheet for their MASSIVE ammo buys divided by number of employees - u know for "target practice"...

-t

sirgonzo420
01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Those numbers would be kinda fun to put into the DHS spreadsheet for their MASSIVE ammo buys divided by number of employees - u know for "target practice"...

-t

All that ammo is so DHS employees can take part in America's rich heritage of hunting and shooting.

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
All that ammo is so DHS employees can take part in America's rich heritage of hunting and shooting American citizens...

Fixed that for ya!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Baltimore pig: "armed with firepower specifically designed for combat"

U mean like all the cops in this town?

-t

pcosmar
01-30-2013, 02:13 PM

-t
I'm not sure I could watch it. Watching that theater turns my stomach.

I am also pretty sure what to expect,, the NRA and GOP will compromise and add the background and some more registration and lots and lots of police state toys.
but no outright ban.

Lots of stuff will be snuck into upcoming unrelated legislation.

jasonxe
01-30-2013, 02:21 PM
any tube of the hearing?

Acala
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Hearing is meaningless. What matters is the tally of legislators who think they can vote for gun control and not make their re-election difficult versus those who know it will seriously hurt them. That's it. Pure political pragmatism. With maybe a handful that vote on principle. So our role is to make sure as many of them as possible know that gun owners will make their next election difficult.

coastie
01-30-2013, 02:34 PM
any tube of the hearing?

Synopsis:

Senators extremely disrespectful and hostile towards those defending guns.
Do "more" for MENTAL HEALTH.

Senators fawning over Gabby Giffords and her idiot husband.
Baltimore cop repeatedly lying through his teeth in his ridiculous looking uniform.

Baltimore cop repeatedly lying through his teeth in his ridiculous looking uniform.

That was pretty much it.

edit: updated list, I forgot one.

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 02:39 PM
any tube of the hearing?

replaying right now on c-span ans will again at 8pm. It fir's not allreadyit will be available on the c-span archives. c-span.org.

-t

jasonxe
01-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Synopsis:

That was pretty much it.

also i think i found the video here: http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-Committee-Investigates-Solutions-for-Gun-Violence/10737437674-1/

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Welcome to the ranks of the "mentally ill" - the brainwashing didn't catch w/ you, so there is obviously something WRONG with you!!!! We must protect society from you!!!!

-t

ClydeCoulter
01-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Just found this, tried to watch link that @jasonxe posted, can't do it, their drawn out dribble makes me sick. (edit: will try again later)

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 02:54 PM
My apologies. I screwed up. THe Fiend stated that these firearms are capable of firing up to 800 rounds a minute, with practice. That's 13.33 rounds A SECOND! We are talking about semi-auto firearms here. One press of the trigger = one bullet being expended.

Who here can pull the trigger on a rifle 13+ times a second?

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Just found this, tried to watch link that @jasonxe posted, can't do it, their drawn out dribble makes me sick. (edit: will try again later)

c-span.org -> archive

-t

you can prob reach it from a link on the front page

-t

coastie
01-30-2013, 02:58 PM
My apologies. I screwed up. THe Fiend stated that these firearms are capable of firing up to 800 rounds a minute, with practice. That's 13.33 rounds A SECOND! We are talking about semi-auto firearms here. One press of the trigger = one bullet being expended.

-t

Whenever I pretend in my head that I'm badder-assed than I actually am, I can. :p

Better question-is there a gun on earth(carryable) capable of such a feat? Got that woman is retarded.

pcosmar
01-30-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm not sure I could watch it. Watching that theater turns my stomach.

I am also pretty sure what to expect,, the NRA and GOP will compromise and add the background and some more registration and lots and lots of police state toys.
but no outright ban.

Lots of stuff will be snuck into upcoming unrelated legislation.

And the NRA and GOP will claim victory.
The gun grabbers will smirk,, wring their hands and push for more next time.

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Whenever I pretend in my head that I'm badder-assed than I actually am, I can. :p

Better question-is there a gun on earth(carryable) capable of such a feat? Got that woman is retarded.

Hay - a mini-gun (electric gatteling gun) will beat that easy!

Oh wait! - we aren't talking about banning those...

-t

coastie
01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Hay - a mini-gun (electric gatteling gun) will beat that easy!

Oh wait! - we aren't talking about banning those...

-t

Electric=battery=HEAVY. I said carry-able.:p

Unless you're this guy, but he's a god damned sexual tyrannosaurus, and aint got time to bleed:
http://www.picvalley.net/u/2215/17944912364482458411359580447D1rKB992UcFawvoXHZ38. JPG (http://www.picvalley.net/v.php?p=u/2215/17944912364482458411359580447D1rKB992UcFawvoXHZ38. JPG)

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Electric=battery=HEAVY. I said carry-able.:p

Unless you're this guy, but he's a god damned sexual tyrannosaurus, and aint got time to bleed:
http://www.picvalley.net/u/2215/17944912364482458411359580447D1rKB992UcFawvoXHZ38. JPG (http://www.picvalley.net/v.php?p=u/2215/17944912364482458411359580447D1rKB992UcFawvoXHZ38. JPG)

Don't forget the backpack full of ammo to feed that thing for 1-2 minutes of fire time... umm... 15-30 seconds of fire time?

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2013, 05:12 PM
//

ClydeCoulter
01-30-2013, 05:32 PM

-t

Anyone know where to get 800 round magazines?

Let's see 30/13 = 2.3 seconds, reload.

And, even if you could pull the trigger 13 times per second, could you hit anything?

sluggo
01-30-2013, 05:57 PM
The Dems are using Giffords like a stage prop.

Sort of like the old people on soap operas. They wheel 'em out for Christmas and weddings.

tasteless
01-30-2013, 10:44 PM

-t

My memory is fuzzy, but iirc she was talking about one of those bump fire stocks you can buy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29evY77S13M

That said, I think I also recall her saying you can fire something like 4 or 8 bullets at a time with it, which I don't think is possible unless you have multiple barrels lol