PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Cop on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree

presence
01-30-2013, 09:10 AM
http://www.eransworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/glock231.jpg

When an officer arrived at the scene, he observed a man later identified as Smith standing near the passenger side of his green Dodge Ram pickup truck, which was parked inside a wash bay with “several bullet holes in it.” Upon first contact with the officer, Smith vol*untarily handed over his belt and holster that contained his Glock 40-caliber handgun, according to the report.

During an interview with Yorktown officers, Smith said he had been drink*ing and was “upset about the direction his life was going” and was “taking it out” on his own vehicle by shooting it 10 to 15 times. A portable breath test mea*sured Smith’s blood-alcohol content at 0.16 percent — twice the legal limit for motorists in Indiana.
The report indicated bullets fired by the reserve deputy’s gun also hit the car wash building, a nearby storage structure and a sport-utility vehicle parked across the street.
Delaware County Sheriff Mike Scroggins said his office will be conducting its own “in-depth internal investigation” into Smith’s actions. He has been placed on administrative leave as a reserve deputy and has since turned in his county- issued ID and keys, according to the sheriff.

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20130126/NEWS01/301260007/Reserve-deputy-placed-administrative-leave

green73
01-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Another messed up vet turned cop...

AFPVet
01-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Just good ole boys gettin drunk an shootin up cars lol. People have no idea what impact their actions have on others. I am also a military veteran and former reserve deputy sheriff... it makes us all look like redneck fucktards.

EBounding
01-30-2013, 10:39 AM
" Drunk Cop on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree "

"Administrative Leave?" Here's a fun exercise: replace "Cop" with pretty much any other profession:

"Drunk Janitor on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree"
"Drunk Baker on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree"
"Drunk Accountant on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree"
"Drunk Dental Hygienist on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree"
"Drunk Teacher on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree"

The teacher is believable actually...

kathy88
01-30-2013, 11:04 AM
" Drunk Cop on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree "

"Administrative Leave?" Here's a fun exercise: replace "Cop" with pretty much any other profession:

"Drunk Janitor on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree"
"Drunk Baker on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree"
"Drunk Accountant on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree"
"Drunk Dental Hygienist on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree"
"Drunk Teacher on Administrative Leave after Shooting Spree"

The teacher is believable actually...

Fixed it for you:

Drunk Janitor fired without pension after shooting spree.
Drunk Baker gets 20 years and property seized after shooting spree.
Drunk accountant tazed and beaten, then jailed after shooting spree.
Drunk dental hygienist loses license, and her dog shot after shooting spree

pcosmar
01-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Just good ole boys gettin drunk an shootin up cars lol. People have no idea what impact their actions have on others. I am also a military veteran and former reserve deputy sheriff... it makes us all look like redneck fucktards.

NOPE. Rednecks know enough to get out of town and park it off road before shooting it.

This was just a drunk cop.

AFPVet
01-30-2013, 11:40 AM
NOPE. Rednecks know enough to get out of town and park it off road before shooting it.

This was just a drunk cop.

LOL touché :D

PaulConventionWV
01-30-2013, 11:45 AM
"Shooting spree" makes it sound like he was killing people.

QuickZ06
01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Few slaps on the wrists from the chief and he will be as good as new.

presence
01-30-2013, 03:18 PM
"Shooting spree" makes it sound like he was killing people.

Gimme some slack its thread #127 since 1/1/13.

I'll be first to admit I have a slant, but his bullets definitely hit multiple targets that may have contained people; suv, carwash, storage building.

What would you or I be charged with if I shot an SUV, carwash, and storage building I didn't own? Would we get paid vacation with that?