PDA

View Full Version : Thrill ride safety

SeanEdwards
06-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Watching CNN right now, and there's a story about a poor girl whose feet were severed by a malfunctioning thrill ride.

The CNN story featured some woman, whose entire commentary consisted of:
"Theme Parks are exempted from Federal oversight. That means there will be no federal investigation of the incident. If this incident had involved a worker in a factory, then Federal investigators would be able to come in and make sure nothing like this ever happens again anywhere in the U.S." :rolleyes:

Why does the MSM endorse this nonsense, and why does the public lap this tripe up? Why can't a fat lawsuit judgement against the theme park, or the public deciding to not visit a theme park that has rides that chop off patrons legs, take care of the issue? I just don't get it. :confused:

d'anconia
06-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Pssssht, buyer beware... that's what I say.

akalucas
06-22-2007, 12:27 PM
man, poor girl. apparantly this was in Six Flags magic mountain on the Superman ride. Ive ridden that ride about 5 times here in southern california. I think the park can still be sued and i think they will be...big time.

peruvianRP
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
is called "accident by choice" that is why I choose not to go to thos kinds of rydes cause there is the possiblity of getting of that kind of Accidents. So I dont need, I dont want to. If I get in an accident is between me and the theme park. I feel bad for the poor girl but dont want the feds build a MTPS Minitry of Theme Parks Safety

RJB
06-22-2007, 12:56 PM
That's how news is done these days.

The news caster talks about a problem for the first part of the segment, then mentions what the government is doing or could do to "fix it," while ignore the fact that the government probably caused the problem in the first place.