PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck says Rand Paul should start 3rd Party

ProvincialPeasant
01-30-2013, 06:38 AM
I know everyone here hates him and thinks he's trying to co-opt libertarianism, but that's something for another time. He's clearly a fan of Rand Paul, and on his radio show said he thinks if Rand Paul started a third party it could win in 4 years.

http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=25577951

Start listening at 14:30ish.

Confederate
01-30-2013, 06:41 AM
This is how it starts. Next he's not a Republican and he's shunned.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-30-2013, 06:43 AM

"Glenn Beck says Rand Paul should throw away 2016 chances."

itshappening
01-30-2013, 06:44 AM
Yeah, the third party talk is ridiculous. Take over the GOP and turn it into OUR party. They're already on the ballot everywhere and in people's minds as one of the two parties so a third party goes no where as the LP have found out.

luctor-et-emergo
01-30-2013, 06:44 AM
"Glenn Beck says Rand Paul should throw away 2016 chances."

AND lose his senate seat...

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Of course he wants him to go third party. If he stays a Republican than he stands a chance of ruining the neocon dream that people like Beck have wet dreams about.

Occam's Banana
01-30-2013, 06:57 AM
I know everyone here hates him and thinks he's trying to co-opt libertarianism, but that's something for another time. He's clearly a fan of Rand Paul, and on his radio show said he thinks if Rand Paul started a third party it could win in 4 years.

I can think of no better way to co-opt &/or neutralize whatever it might be that Rand can accomplish than by having Rand try to start yet another useless & futile 3rd party. What a profoundly stupid idea!

And entirely apart from that, there is no reason whatsoever to think that Rand would waste so much as fraction of a second taking the notion seriously.

Glenn Beck = epic fail. Ain't no new news here.

dbill27
01-30-2013, 06:59 AM
Glenn Beck praises Rand Paul, gets completely pissed on by the folks at ronpaulforums. Don't know what to say anymore.

Bastiat's The Law
01-30-2013, 07:03 AM
Profoundly stupid idea is right. All our liberty candidates got elected as republicans.

July
01-30-2013, 07:09 AM
There was a lot of talk on the airwaves during election time, about the tea party starting a new conservative third party if Romney lost, if I remember correctly.

itshappening
01-30-2013, 07:10 AM
Alex Jones is SICK of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtXTsCsk430

luctor-et-emergo
01-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Glenn Beck praises Rand Paul, gets completely pissed on by the folks at ronpaulforums. Don't know what to say anymore.

He would not win the presidency as a third party candidate, and he would lose his senate seat as a Republican when doing so.
Beck knows this. He's divisive.

CaptUSA
01-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Yeah, no, sorry, Beck. We'll take the Republican party instead.

That party already has all the infrastructure and ballot access we'll need. It has the added benefit of a bunch of idiots voting R just because they don't like the D's.

CaptLouAlbano
01-30-2013, 07:13 AM

And if Rand never went on any mainstream radio shows and was ignored by the media, they would bitch and moan that Rand is being "blacked out". Reading these forums for quite some time now, there is a contingency here that is negative regardless of the situation.

But as to the topic at hand, the 3rd party idea is a bad one. For one Rand would need to lead a charge of 1000's of elected officials across the country into this new party to even make the thing viable. And with that, the GOP would lose control of the House and 28 state legislatures. Both the GOP and the new third party would be a permanent minority.

dbill27
01-30-2013, 07:15 AM
He would not win the presidency as a third party candidate, and he would lose his senate seat as a Republican when doing so.
Beck knows this. He's divisive.

I don't think so, I think he likes Rand Paul.

Todd
01-30-2013, 07:17 AM

You obviously haven't been paying attention to Glenn Beck's schizophrenia and double talk and out and out underhandedness regarding all things "Paul" over the past 6 years then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOuTDYKnQoE

luctor-et-emergo
01-30-2013, 07:19 AM

I think he mostly likes ratings. You know, people listening to him.

CaptLouAlbano
01-30-2013, 07:19 AM
You obviously haven't been paying attention to Glenn Beck's schizophrenia and double talk and out and out underhandedness regarding all things "Paul" over the past 6 years then.

Obviously Rand does not hold the same grudge that you do against Beck. He has been on his show quite often recently. Would you prefer that Rand avoids any radio or TV show that did not heap praise onto his father?

TheTyke
01-30-2013, 07:21 AM
Heh, he only wishes. :P

dbill27
01-30-2013, 07:22 AM

Obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm sure this is a plan to get Rand secretly out of his senate seat. I'm sure Glenn Beck is being 100 percent serious about this, he actually thinks Rand is going to listen to his advice that was made in a purely hypothetical fun for radio talk.

radiofriendly
01-30-2013, 07:24 AM
Let me get this straight. Rand Paul wins a Senate seat--seemingly against all odds. He walks a fine line and shows a willingness to not be purist when it comes to libertarianism. He pisses off the hardcore libertarians and anarchists...and now suddenly a group wants to embrace Rand in a 3rd party???

Unless this was just Beck making random comments, this seems more like Beck trying to plant an attack on Rand. "Well, didn't he think about going 3rd party? He's not really a Republican, so..."

Todd
01-30-2013, 07:28 AM
Obviously Rand does not hold the same grudge that you do against Beck. He has been on his show quite often recently. Would you prefer that Rand avoids any radio or TV show that did not heap praise onto his father?

I didn' say avoid anything. I said I would be wary of idiots like Glen Beck who wear the Freedom badge as a "sales" pitch for "ratings", rather one who actually "believes" in it.

Occam's Banana
01-30-2013, 07:37 AM

Beck isn't being "pissed on" because he praised Rand. He's being "pissed on" because his proposal is insipid & foolish.

And if Rand never went on any mainstream radio shows and was ignored by the media, they would bitch and moan that Rand is being "blacked out". Reading these forums for quite some time now, there is a contingency here that is negative regardless of the situation.

As far as I know, no one has suggested that Rand should not go on any mainstream radio shows (including Beck's). :confused:

The negativity in this particular case arises from the fact that Beck's 3rd-party idea is ridiculous.

In fact, the only positive thing about it is the likelihood that both pro-Rand and anti-Rand people can actually agree about how ridiculous it is. :)

CaptLouAlbano
01-30-2013, 07:39 AM
I didn' say avoid anything. I said I would be wary of idiots like Glen Beck who wear the Freedom badge as a "sales" pitch for "ratings", rather one who actually "believes" in it.

The thing that makes me shake my head, and this is not directed to you specifically, is that folks here have a tendency to spend more time bashing people who we are in agreement with on a lot of issues rather than attacking those who truly are opposed to us.

Think of it this way, if someone was a fan of Beck, Levin, Hannity, etc, heard Rand on one of their shows and was impressed by him - then came to a site like this for the first time, what sort of impression would they get from the members here? Beck is a snake, Levin is a jackass, Hannity is a shill, etc, etc, etc. Sites like this are just flooded with negativity.

So what if Beck wears the freedom badge as a sale pitch? Why do we care? There is a lot that Beck talks about that most of us can be in agreement with. Do I agree with him 100% of the time - no, but if he has a program through which guys we support can spread their message to a wide audience, and at the same time not be torn apart (like a Matthews or Maddow would do) why should we be so angry at the host? It really doesn't make much sense to me.

While I disagree with Beck on the need for a new party, I am happy that he said Rand should be the one to start it, as opposed to him saying Boehner or McCain or Rubio should be the one. So let him vent his frustration with the GOP on his show, and let him put Rand in a hypothetical position of leadership of his "new party". Great, that is more exposure for Rand.

July
01-30-2013, 07:41 AM
I don't know, it's larger than just Rand, I think. Social cons and tea party conservatives are still skeptical of moderates, and the moderates still don't like the tea party folks, so there's still this push and pull going on for the soul of the party as a result of that movement, and direction of the party after the Romney loss, IMO. Whether Beck is really serious or not, it's a sentiment that's out there. I still hear some Republicans wanting Sarah Palin or someone similar to go third party, etc.

Confederate
01-30-2013, 07:43 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptLouAlbano again.

CaptLouAlbano
01-30-2013, 07:48 AM
I don't know, it's larger than just Rand, I think. Social cons and tea party conservatives are still skeptical of moderates, and the moderates still don't like the tea party folks, so there's still this push and pull going on for the soul of the party as a result of that movement, and direction of the party after the Romney loss, IMO. Whether Beck is really serious or not, it's a sentiment that's out there. I still hear some Republicans wanting Sarah Palin or someone similar to go third party, etc.

I had heard the talk like this before the election, in regards to Palin. I appreciate the sentiment, but the logistics of a new party are just really bad. One of the things I wish the talk shows would focus on is encouraging their listeners to get involved in the party. There is a really simple way to change the GOP - you get 1000's of people elected into committee positions and voila - it's a new party. It may take an election cycle or two to do a complete re-branding, but it is doable. The party is out there ready to be taken back by conservatives - we just need people willing to get up off their asses and do something.

Romulus
01-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Beck will attempt to bring Rand down, mark my words.

Feeding the Abscess
01-30-2013, 08:22 AM

Those two presidential runs really aged Ron.

fatjohn
01-30-2013, 08:34 AM
He should!

After he's sworn in as President.

July
01-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Those two presidential runs really aged Ron.

I've noticed he's looking good, lately though, now that he is retired.

dinosaur
01-30-2013, 10:01 AM

Glenn is actually smart enought to know that Rand's policies are the same as Ron's. He doesn't support one and not the other. He is way more savvy than that.

Brett85
01-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Glenn is actually smart enought to know that Rand's policies are the same as Ron's.

I'd still really like to think that. I'm still waiting for Rand to say that we shouldn't be required by treaty to defend our "allies" around the world and that we shouldn't be placing sanctions on foreign countries that lead to war.

loveableteddybear
01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Glenn is an enemy

Origanalist
01-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Is there anything Glenn Beck hasn't said?

jmdrake
01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Profoundly stupid idea is right. All our liberty candidates got elected as republicans.

It's a brilliant idea from Glenn Beck's perspective.......cause Beck doesn't like liberty.

jmdrake
01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Is there anything Glenn Beck hasn't said?

I'm sorry for calling Ron Paul supporters terrorists?

Todd
01-30-2013, 12:01 PM
It's a brilliant idea from Glenn Beck's perspective.......cause Beck doesn't like liberty.

Oh he LOVES it. Especially when he sees that $$$$$ rolling in.

But he might love "Honey Boo Boo" too, if he thought it would bring in 15 million listeners and viewers to hear him talking about her all day long.

Athan
01-30-2013, 12:07 PM
I know everyone here hates him

Now, now.. that's enough talk of Beckstab. No need to post further. Let him fade into memory quietly.

kcchiefs6465
01-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Did anyone see Jon Stewart making fun of Libertarianism by way of Glenn Beck's moronic fake Libertarian ass? Disappointing to say the least. I saw it last night and was not happy. I only bring this up because soon Glenn Beck's brand of Libertarianism is going to be synonomous with Ron Paul's brand of Libertarianism. This is how they discredit a movement. i.e co-opt

jcannon98188
01-30-2013, 12:21 PM
The thing that makes me shake my head, and this is not directed to you specifically, is that folks here have a tendency to spend more time bashing people who we are in agreement with on a lot of issues rather than attacking those who truly are opposed to us.

Think of it this way, if someone was a fan of Beck, Levin, Hannity, etc, heard Rand on one of their shows and was impressed by him - then came to a site like this for the first time, what sort of impression would they get from the members here? Beck is a snake, Levin is a jackass, Hannity is a shill, etc, etc, etc. Sites like this are just flooded with negativity.

So what if Beck wears the freedom badge as a sale pitch? Why do we care? There is a lot that Beck talks about that most of us can be in agreement with. Do I agree with him 100% of the time - no, but if he has a program through which guys we support can spread their message to a wide audience, and at the same time not be torn apart (like a Matthews or Maddow would do) why should we be so angry at the host? It really doesn't make much sense to me.

While I disagree with Beck on the need for a new party, I am happy that he said Rand should be the one to start it, as opposed to him saying Boehner or McCain or Rubio should be the one. So let him vent his frustration with the GOP on his show, and let him put Rand in a hypothetical position of leadership of his "new party". Great, that is more exposure for Rand.

We bash them, because they are detrimental to the cause! Luckily I stopped watching their crap before election cycle went full swing or I would think Ron Paul was a crazy cook nutjob too. The 3 years prior to an election, Glenn Beck et al. have a hardon for liberty and libertarianism. Then in the election year they completely bash our guy, and say the libertarian thing to do is support Bachmann, or Perry, or Cain, or Santorumn, or Huntsman, or Romney (read: Anyone But Paul) and completely ruin our chances, because his average viewer just accepts what they say as law. They are not our allies. They are our enemies.

Todd
01-30-2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5KQ0SL7m8o

TheGrinch
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Did anyone see Jon Stewart making fun of Libertarianism by way of Glenn Beck's moronic fake Libertarian ass? Disappointing to say the least. I saw it last night and was not happy. I only bring this up because soon Glenn Beck's brand of Libertarianism is going to be synonomous with Ron Paul's brand of Libertarianism. This is how they discredit a movement. i.e co-opt

Yes, happened to flip over, I just caught the end of the story before it, but wow did Stewart lay it on Beck and turn it into an attack on us liberty-minded folks because of all the crap Beck was spewing....

It's as if Beck and Stewart are thinking, "You want to be mainstream republican, then here's the baggage to go with it".

If anyone has a tube, it is a must-watch for anyone who wants to see what we'll be up against. The smear-machine has started.

kcchiefs6465
01-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Yes, happened to flip over, I just caught the end of the story before it, but wow did Stewart lay it on Beck and turn it into an attack on us liberty-minded folks because of all the crap Beck was spewing....

It's as if Beck and Stewart are thinking, "You want to be mainstream republican, then here's the baggage to go with it".

If anyone has a tube, it is a must-watch for anyone who wants to see what we'll be up against. The smear-machine has started.
I looked for a tube and couldn't find it. All I found was an older video of Jon Stewart making fun of Libertarianism by way of Glenn Beck. Not really sure how old is it but it was equally disgusting. It's pretty disappointing that Glenn Beck is now being portrayed as the Libertarian leader, of sorts.

Keith and stuff
01-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Yet another terrible idea by Glen Beck. He sure is full of terrible ideas. But he has to say crazy things to keep people listening to his show.

misean
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Glenn Beck is a Rand Paul supporter. He has been since 2009. He has just become much more so in the last year and a half starting with the debt ceiling talks. This isn't some grand elaborate conspiracy.

Rand Paul shouldn't start a 3rd party. Terrible idea.

I don't like Glenn Beck getting portrayed as a leader of libertarianism. That said, he is less loopy than Rothbard. I don't really want Rothbard being the standard bearer either.

kcchiefs6465
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Yet another terrible idea by Glen Beck. He sure is full of terrible ideas. But he has to say crazy things to keep people listening to his show.
He needs to be publicly denounced. His terrible misguided views are now being associated/confused with mine. He is rat vermin and I really wish a 'mainstream' Libertarian would call him on it like the controlled opposition that he is.

TheGrinch
01-30-2013, 01:05 PM
I looked for a tube and couldn't find it. All I found was an older video of Jon Stewart making fun of Libertarianism by way of Glenn Beck. Not really sure how old is it but it was equally disgusting. It's pretty disappointing that Glenn Beck is now being portrayed as the Libertarian leader, of sorts.

Hate to give them hits, but have the video in this thread I just started: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?402940-Stewart-attacks-libertarianism-via-Glenn-Beck
(http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?402940-Stewart-attacks-libertarianism-via-Glenn-Beck)

american.swan
01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Every Beck thread should have a video showing clearly his backstabbing ways.... Like that Schiff was right video.

CaptLouAlbano
01-30-2013, 01:28 PM
We bash them, because they are detrimental to the cause! Luckily I stopped watching their crap before election cycle went full swing or I would think Ron Paul was a crazy cook nutjob too. The 3 years prior to an election, Glenn Beck et al. have a hardon for liberty and libertarianism. Then in the election year they completely bash our guy, and say the libertarian thing to do is support Bachmann, or Perry, or Cain, or Santorumn, or Huntsman, or Romney (read: Anyone But Paul) and completely ruin our chances, because his average viewer just accepts what they say as law. They are not our allies. They are our enemies.

That line of thinking will relegate this movement to a permanent minority. It is good that Rand & co. does not feel the same way.

The true enemies are the progressives. While we may not agree with the Glenn Becks of the world on some issues, we agree with them far more than we do the socialists who truly and completely oppose everything we stand for.

But you keep thinking the way you choose to think. You will find eventually that you are in a very lonely place, circle jerking your opinions with the few that you would consider allies. Ask the LP folks how much they have accomplished with their political isolationism.

Todd
01-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Every Beck thread should have a video showing clearly his backstabbing ways.... Like that Schiff was right video.

Yes. It's amazing the short memories or complete disregard for what he's "actually" done since he broke mainstream.

When Beck suggests we need a third party he isn't wrong. But to suggest that a guy like Rand would do better in one then to stay with the GOP when is ripe for the taking is just completely wrong.

It's not that I'm suggesting people completely ignore Beck nor any other MSM pundit. You have to engage them to be recognized nationally.....be them freind or foe. However, People like Rand, should be very wary of how they approach them or they risk being blindsided as Paul was in the 2007 interview about the stupid "red herring" attack on poor Glenn.

Beck is a unique character. He is very sharp on many issues that work in favor of Libertarian ideals. But he has proven himself many times to work against the very things he says he believes in.

TER
01-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Oh Glenn, you showed your cards too early. But then again, most of us here know your game already.

LibertyEagle
01-30-2013, 01:38 PM

What you aren't getting is that we are detrimental to "the cause", when we sit here and spend our time insulting Beck and others. It isn't changing one darn thing and it is driving some away.

This isn't about Beck, or Santorum, etc. It's about the good people who listen to them. We want them to be with us, right? Insulting Beck, etc. just drives them away. Think about how well you would receive a site that was bashing Ron Paul. Would you hang around and see what they had to say, at all, and if you did stay, wouldn't you have one damn big chip on your shoulder? I know I would.

Karsten
01-30-2013, 01:39 PM

Right off the bat when he calls it the "Guy Fawkes Day Moneybomb" I'm already pissed. When we planned it, it had NOTHING to do with Guy Fawkes. It was all about the MOVIE V for Vendetta.

TheGrinch
01-30-2013, 01:41 PM
What you aren't getting is that we are detrimental to "the cause", when we sit here and spend our time insulting Beck and others. It isn't changing one darn thing and it is driving some away.

I don't see anything wrong with calling out a hack from the media who claims to represent your views, but only undermines and co-opts them.

I'd much prefer that than people think that Beck speaks for us.

LibertyEagle
01-30-2013, 01:44 PM
I don't see anything wrong with calling out a hack from the media who claims to represent your views, but only undermines and co-opts them.

I'd much prefer that than people think that Beck speaks for us.

No, there is nothing wrong with establishing that. But, hell, Grinch, one hell of a lot of people ON THIS SITE, most certainly do not represent my views, either. lol.

Just be careful that we don't run off the listeners, because those folks are low hanging fruit.

LibertyEagle
01-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Right off the bat when he calls it the "Guy Fawkes Day Moneybomb" I'm already pissed. When we planned it, it had NOTHING to do with Guy Fawkes. It was all about the MOVIE V for Vendetta.

We knew that was a risk that it would be misunderstood when that day was chosen. It was decided (by Trevor) that the risk was worth it and it probably was, given the amount of money that was raised.

TheGrinch
01-30-2013, 01:48 PM
No, there is nothing wrong with establishing that. But, hell, Grinch, one hell of a lot of people ON THIS SITE, most certainly do not represent my views, either. lol.

Just be careful that we don't run off the listeners, because those folks are low hanging fruit.

But at least most are genuine about it (notice I said most), and I agree we need to build bridges with the genuine folks who do listen to Beck, Hannity, whoever, but especially in this current environment where there's already a large distrust of the media and government, I don't think it will backfire at all to point out that Beck appears to be just another wolf in sheep's clothing.

I mean, Beck can actually be helpful in getting them to buy into the aspects of liberty that are easier to swallow, which can lead to them examining things further, but we absolutely need them to move past hanging on these pundit's every words.

jcannon98188
01-30-2013, 02:22 PM

To be fair, V for Vendetta was kinda about Guy Fawkes bro.

twomp
01-30-2013, 03:14 PM

This isn't about Beck, or Santorum, etc. It's about the good people who listen to them. We want them to be with us, right? Insulting Beck, etc. just drives them away. Think about how well you would receive a site that was bashing Ron Paul. Would you hang around and see what they had to say, at all, and if you did stay, wouldn't you have one damn big chip on your shoulder? I know I would.

Can you show me who we are "driving" away? Please don't make up shit. If you came here looking for liberty and are driven away by insults towards a lying two-faced radio personality, then maybe you are at the wrong website. Part of liberty is the ability to speak your mind when you please.

bunklocoempire
01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
BOOM! Saw that coming down the street like a rodeo clown parade.

However, I didn't think it was Rand that was going to be suggested to run/start third party.

SilentBull
01-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Of course he would love that. That way Rand can be ignored.

CaptLouAlbano
01-30-2013, 03:57 PM
I caught a little of Beck today and he was speaking about his desire for a new party again while interviewing Ted Nugent. No mention of Paul this time though.

dinosaur
01-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I caught a little of Beck today and he was speaking about his desire for a new party again while interviewing Ted Nugent. No mention of Paul this time though.

This could be how they deal with Rand if he is too successful.

erowe1
01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
This thread title illustrates what I said the other day about Beck's mind following the path of a Plinko disk.

Thor
01-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Let me get this straight. Rand Paul wins a Senate seat--seemingly against all odds. He walks a fine line and shows a willingness to not be purist when it comes to libertarianism. He pisses off the hardcore libertarians and anarchists...and now suddenly a group wants to embrace Rand in a 3rd party???

Unless this was just Beck making random comments, this seems more like Beck trying to plant an attack on Rand. "Well, didn't he think about going 3rd party? He's not really a Republican, so..."

Yup....

"Hey Glenn, why don't you go out side and play hide and go fuck yourself."

ProvincialPeasant
01-30-2013, 04:05 PM

I absolutely agree. If some Ron Pauler said this, there might be some respectful (and very quiet) disagreement, but not when it's anyone else.

My point wasn't that he SHOULD start a third party (I've never wanted anyone to be in any party except the GOP), but that he praises Rand Paul enough to make such a statement.

But, of course, it's just his strategy to destroy the liberty movement.

Tod
01-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Glenn Beck is NOT going to support Rand Paul once things start to heat up for the race.

ProvincialPeasant
01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
And all the talk about Beck ruining the libertarian brand, you people are living in a bubble. If Beck or Palin became the face of libertarianism, it would still be more popular and recognised by a greater number of people than it is being represented by drug-addled, California democrats. NO ONE IN AMERICA WILL CALL THEMSELVES A LIBERTARIAN BECAUSE OF YOU.

LibertyEagle
01-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Can you show me who we are "driving" away? Please don't make up shit.
You know, I don't think I care to take the time to respond to your insult, beyond saying that you need to open your eyes.

If you came here looking for liberty and are driven away by insults towards a lying two-faced radio personality, then maybe you are at the wrong website. Part of liberty is the ability to speak your mind when you please.

Keep telling yourself that. That doesn't change the fact that most people don't like to come to a website and be insulted because they don't walk lockstep with the mob.

LibertyEagle
01-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Glenn Beck is NOT going to support Rand Paul once things start to heat up for the race.

No, of course he won't. But, if we are smart, we can use him and harvest the low-hanging fruit of his audience. Or, we can just sit here and bitch.

Neil Desmond
01-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Glenn Beck is a certain type of entertainer: a clown; he ought to start his own 3rd party - the "party pooper" party.

Smart3
01-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Rand Paul couldn't get 7% of the vote in any country on Earth if he started a third party. He'd look like a nut if he left the GOP.

dinosaur
01-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Rand Paul couldn't get 7% of the vote in any country on Earth if he started a third party. He'd look like a nut if he left the GOP.

The only way a third party would be viable is if Rush/Hannity/Beck got on board. Is it really too cynical to conclude that it must be trap?

Rudeman
01-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Just wondering how many people actually watched the video? I watched it from 14:30 on (like one poster mentioned) and Beck did NOT say Rand should start a 3rd party or go 3rd party.

What Beck said is that he believes a 3rd party should be started, then one of his co-hosts brought up Rand Paul and how he thinks he can change the Republican party from within and Beck said he supports Rand Paul and if he can get it done he would love to see that.

Maybe he mentioned in a different part of the video?

dinosaur
01-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Just wondering how many people actually watched the video? I watched it from 14:30 on (like one poster mentioned) and Beck did NOT say Rand should start a 3rd party or go 3rd party.

What Beck said is that he believes a 3rd party should be started, then one of his co-hosts brought up Rand Paul and how he thinks he can change the Republican party from within and Beck said he supports Rand Paul and if he can get it done he would love to see that.

Maybe he mentioned in a different part of the video?

Didn't watch, feel like a fool.

twomp
01-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Keep telling yourself that. That doesn't change the fact that most people don't like to come to a website and be insulted because they don't walk lockstep with the mob.

Who is this "most people" you are talking about? Who has been "chased away?" Do you have ip addresses? Maybe a post or something you are referring to? Or are you just making this shit up. Please open my eyes for me.

anaconda
01-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Of course he wants him to go third party. If he stays a Republican than he stands a chance of ruining the neocon dream that people like Beck have wet dreams about.

Exactly. This is a laughable attempt at disinfo. Extremely transparent. Beck is slipping.

Bastiat's The Law
01-31-2013, 12:47 AM
What's going to happen to the conspiracy peddlers when most of these pundits line up behind Rand?

fr33
01-31-2013, 12:57 AM
What's going to happen to the conspiracy peddlers when most of these pundits line up behind Rand?

What's going to happen to the true believers when 2012 repeats itself?

Why ask stupid questions? You and I don't know what is going to happen.

Carehn
01-31-2013, 12:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjfQCVPoSDQ

CaptLouAlbano
01-31-2013, 06:28 AM
I absolutely agree. If some Ron Pauler said this, there might be some respectful (and very quiet) disagreement, but not when it's anyone else.

My point wasn't that he SHOULD start a third party (I've never wanted anyone to be in any party except the GOP), but that he praises Rand Paul enough to make such a statement.

But, of course, it's just his strategy to destroy the liberty movement.

There were a bunch of people, if I recall, calling for Ron to form his own party prior to the election. It was a bad idea then, as it is now.

Beck is on a new kick with this "start a new party" theme. I mentioned it that I heard him talk about it again yesterday but without reference to Rand. I don't listen enough to know how much he is talking about it to be honest. If he happened to mention Rand at one point, great. I don't see that as a reason to bash the man.

And in regards to your statement that Beck is just trying to destroy the liberty movement. I think the liberty movement will do a good job at destroying itself. With the infighting between an-caps, LP people, purists and incrementalists, the movement doesn't need any help from Beck it is destruction.

Thor
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM

Beck is a flip flopping sell out that has back stabbed before.

Get some pundits on board that can be trusted and the reaction might be different than the reaction to "I am a Libertarian today" Beck.

phill4paul
01-31-2013, 09:31 AM
You know, I don't think I care to take the time to respond to your insult, beyond saying that you need to open your eyes.

Now THAT^^^^ right there is Fuuuuunny.

randpaul2016
01-31-2013, 08:29 PM
another party would ruin everything Ron Paul and the R3VOLUTION has been trying to do

Bastiat's The Law
01-31-2013, 09:02 PM
What's going to happen to the true believers when 2012 repeats itself?

Why ask stupid questions? You and I don't know what is going to happen.
Have you been reading the thread? A lot of people pretend they know exactly what will happen.

thequietkid10
02-02-2013, 04:05 PM

so by that measure Glenn Beck isn't a Republican and thus neither is anyone in the tea party.

compromise
02-02-2013, 04:18 PM
so by that measure Glenn Beck isn't a Republican and thus neither is anyone in the tea party.

Isn't Beck a registered Independent?

angelatc
02-02-2013, 04:18 PM

http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=25577951

Start listening at 14:30ish.

ANybody who is a fan of Rand Paul wouldn't suggest that he start a third party.

acptulsa
02-02-2013, 04:20 PM
So, the GOP just wants to be left alone to fade away peacefully in its sleep?

Natural Citizen
02-03-2013, 09:40 PM
I've decided that I'm either going to support Rand given a run or the Democrat candidate. I might just flip a coin. Final answer. Fuggit.

The crap of it is that I know that I'll talk maaaany, many people into voting like me. I always do.