PDA

View Full Version : Some Awesome NH Activism

mac_hine
01-29-2013, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EW6S9oYNpk

Enjoy!

Keith and stuff
01-29-2013, 08:13 PM
I really enjoyed this Keene, New Hampshire Robin Hooding video. I don't know why. Maybes its the many hours I spent playing Super Mario Bros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIMomZr2Fes

LightspeedLiberty is 1 of the main current Robin Hooders in Keene. He has a bunch of videos on Robin Hooding on his channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/LightspeedLiberty

mac_hine
01-29-2013, 08:28 PM
I really enjoyed this Keene, New Hampshire Robin Hooding video. I don't know why. Maybes its the many hours I spent playing Super Mario Bros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIMomZr2Fes

LightspeedLiberty is 1 of the main current Robin Hooders in Keene. He has a bunch of videos on Robin Hooding on his channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/LightspeedLiberty

I live in Portsmouth and would love to do something similar. There's this particular meter maid I've battled with in the past.

I swear the woman is evil.

presence
01-29-2013, 09:03 PM
funny stuff right there.

AlexAmore
01-29-2013, 10:57 PM
I live in Portsmouth and would love to do something similar. There's this particular meter maid I've battled with in the past.

I swear the woman is evil.

lol I work in Portsmouth and I think I know who you might be talking about. I parked at the whale wall parking lot to LITERALLY run in, grab a protein bar for work and run out. I looked around and saw no meter maid and I started running in. As I came out she was right there getting ready to write me up. I hauled ass over there and saved myself thankfully from getting one in the nick of time. She must be perched somewhere hidden ready to swoop in on people like me who are running into a little store taking 3 min tops. Bitch.

For the record we have centralized meters that you have walk over, sometimes stand in line, swipe your card and bullshit like that.

Keith and stuff
01-29-2013, 11:13 PM
lol I work in Portsmouth and I think I know who you might be talking about. I parked at the whale wall parking lot to LITERALLY run in, grab a protein bar for work and run out. I looked around and saw no meter maid and I started running in. As I came out she was right there getting ready to write me up. I hauled ass over there and saved myself thankfully from getting on in the nick of time. She must be perched somewhere hidden ready to swoop in on people like me who are running into a little store taking 3 min tops. Bitch.

For the record we have centralized meters that you have walk over, sometimes stand in line, swipe your card and bullshit like that.
That sucks. The people Robin Hooding in Keene just use nickels. Keene tried out some of those fancy machines but the machines ended up being very unpopular (as was predicted) so the city quickly ripped them up and put the coin machines back, wasting taxpayer dollars. Heck, it's been proven that the whole meter maid program costs the city of Keene money. I know the city well so when I drive in I'm almost always able to park in free parking, though sometimes the extra walk can be annoying. I almost always do the same in Manchester and Nashua to avoid the tolls. The only time I remember parking downtown Portsmouth I also parked in free parking by the water to avoid paying for parking. I figure, I already pay taxes, I don't need to pay for parking a 2nd time.

Aeroneous
01-29-2013, 11:19 PM
At what point does this become stalking? I get the activism idea behind this, but these people are just being assholes. This won't actually accomplish anything except ruining someone else's day. Also, if I politely ask someone to leave me alone and a group of multiple people follow me as closely as they did to her, someone is getting knocked the hell out. I might get arrested for it, but it would be worth it.

I put people like this in the same boat as the Westboro Baptist Church, just to a lesser degree.

deadfish
01-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Badgering meter maids and school crossing guards is a major turn off.

QuickZ06
01-29-2013, 11:26 PM
HAHA nice!

QuickZ06
01-29-2013, 11:29 PM
At what point does this become stalking? I get the activism idea behind this, but these people are just being assholes. This won't actually accomplish anything except ruining someone else's day. Also, if I politely ask someone to leave me alone and a group of multiple people follow me as closely as they did to her, someone is getting knocked the hell out. I might get arrested for it, but it would be worth it.

I put people like this in the same boat as the Westboro Baptist Church, just to a lesser degree.

WTF? These people in the same boat as Westboro Baptist Church??? Also do you not think those "pointless" tickets might ruin someones day or possibly life trying to make ends meet, have you seen unemployment numbers? It has been proven that it cost more to run than it generates in revenue, its nothing but a lose lose for everyone. I applaud what they are doing as it is 100% LEGAL....

http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/stash-1-stash-1-50b57150eb377.gif

Aeroneous
01-29-2013, 11:36 PM
WTF? These people in the same boat as Westboro Baptist Church??? Also do you not think those "pointless" tickets might ruin someones day or possibly life trying to make ends meet, have you seen unemployment numbers? It has been proven that it cost more to run than it generates in revenue, its nothing but a lose lose for everyone. I applaud what they are doing as it is 100% LEGAL....

Cute graphic. Obviously it's legal, but that doesn't mean they aren't being assholes. And yeah, the same boat but to a lesser degree. Some people take these types of government jobs BECAUSE of the unemployment numbers. Sometimes you just have to make ends meet any way you can. What the hell could this possibly accomplish anyway? Do you really think the local public is going to see this YouTube video and suddenly rally in mass numbers to end the parking program? But hey, you know what.. I'm glad these idiots are wasting their time doing such pointless crap. It really shows what pathetic lives they have if this is how they get their "kicks" (as they described it).

Keith and stuff
01-29-2013, 11:36 PM

Meter maids and crossing guards work for the police department. They act like they are rulers by constantly violating the law. I don't big them at all. That's not my thing. However, I don't think people should be attacked for following public officials around in the public while they do their job if it doesn't interfere with their job. Again, I liked the Super Mario Bros system of activism better but to each their own. I've long since given up on trying to control how other people do their activism.

Aeroneous
01-29-2013, 11:42 PM
I don't think people should be attacked for following public officials around in the public while they do their job if it doesn't interfere with their job.

I'm not advocating that others attack them, just saying that if people acted like that toward me I might lash out a bit.

It's okay though. I would just claim PTSD and get off with mandatory shrink visits. I think the meter maid here is the better person.

Tinnuhana
01-30-2013, 12:00 AM
So can you post the little flyer the Robin Hooders put under the windshield?

Tod
01-30-2013, 12:42 AM
Super Robin Hood video = maybe a decent way to introduce people to a web page or concept.

Following the meter maid around just to follow her around and hassle her about holding a job that she almost certainly only has because she can't get a better one = pointless and likely to just garner sympathy for her.

cjm
01-30-2013, 02:08 AM
You have to have Stockholm Syndrome to have sympathy for a meter maid. They are nothing but revenue agents.

Tod
01-30-2013, 02:44 AM
You have to have Stockholm Syndrome to have sympathy for a meter maid. They are nothing but revenue agents.

I take it you've offered a meter maid a job and she turned you down because she likes the "power" that a moronic job like writing up parking tickets gives her? :rolleyes:

cjm
01-30-2013, 03:03 AM
I take it you've offered a meter maid a job and she turned you down because she likes the "power" that a moronic job like writing up parking tickets gives her? :rolleyes:

Is that a double strawman or triple? If you disagree with my point that they are purely revenue agents, please explain what measurable value they provide to society.

AlexAmore
01-30-2013, 03:58 AM
Is that a double strawman or triple? If you disagree with my point that they are purely revenue agents, please explain what measurable value they provide to society.

emotional punching bag, but that's it.

Tod
01-30-2013, 04:20 AM

I agree, they are purely revenue agents, but as far as the effect of the video, see AlexAmore's reply below, much more succinctly put than what I was thinking of writing.

emotional punching bag, but that's it.

FTL_Ian
01-30-2013, 08:07 AM

How's that boot taste?

Did you forget the meter maids are aggressing against people on a regular basis?

Average people LOVE this activism. Here's a video where they give the cameraman money and a hug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il8N7JJbcPA

FTL_Ian
01-30-2013, 08:10 AM
So can you post the little flyer the Robin Hooders put under the windshield?

You can see the front and text of the flier's back side here:
http://freekeene.com/shire/robin-hood/

QuickZ06
01-30-2013, 09:56 AM
Cute graphic. Obviously it's legal, but that doesn't mean they aren't being assholes. And yeah, the same boat but to a lesser degree. Some people take these types of government jobs BECAUSE of the unemployment numbers. Sometimes you just have to make ends meet any way you can. What the hell could this possibly accomplish anyway? Do you really think the local public is going to see this YouTube video and suddenly rally in mass numbers to end the parking program? But hey, you know what.. I'm glad these idiots are wasting their time doing such pointless crap. It really shows what pathetic lives they have if this is how they get their "kicks" (as they described it).

So your idea is to lash out at someone if someone did do this to you, even though it is legal, ok. Government waste is government waste, they left cards on there windshields. I am sure most will look into it as they did save their asses. Have you gone and tried to educate the public, they don't wanna listen (at least very few do). This is a good way to get the message out about government waste. For most people to get involved they need to feel that they are being effected directly. So what better way to show what nonsense this all is than to make a few YT videos and save some people from some worthless tickets?

Ironically there is another video on that channel and I think it is the same meter maid from the op. She said that she took the job because of unemployment, so you were right there. But for someone to understand the struggle of unemployment, then why would one take up arms to use violence (government force) and make the lives of others harder when they were in that exact same spot.

QuickZ06
01-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Aeroneous I am really interested in what activism you are involved in since you seem to know what to do and what not to do, as you judge others accordingly?

Keith and stuff
01-30-2013, 01:24 PM
For the record, I think it is a fantastic idea to save people from tickets by following the meter maid and placing nickels in slots. It's activism best down with 2 people. I doubt more than a handful of the 1,000s of people here disagree with that.

However, I think it is bad activism when 5 people are following the meter maid around and everyone is trying to talk to the meter maid. Plus, that 1st video was way too long. Did the person that published the video feel ashamed of themselves and that is why the video is so long (to discourage people from watching it)?

CTRattlesnake
01-30-2013, 06:46 PM

Agree 100%. I dont like the video at all, harassing people just doing their jobs is not a way to win over people to your cause.

Go lobby politicians, or get elected to office. Leave the poor lady alone, she doesnt make the laws.

deadfish
01-30-2013, 07:23 PM
How's that boot taste?

Did you forget the meter maids are aggressing against people on a regular basis?

Average people LOVE this activism. Here's a video where they give the cameraman money and a hug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il8N7JJbcPA

In the video you posted, there is nobody following around a meter maid. This is irrelevant to my comment.

Note I did not say anything about activism in general. I thoroughly enjoyed that long video: Derrick J's Victimless Crime Spree....

up until the point they were harassing the school crossing guard. Really pissed me off because the other 99% of the video is so good.

Aeroneous
01-31-2013, 02:19 AM
So your idea is to lash out at someone if someone did do this to you, even though it is legal, ok. Government waste is government waste, they left cards on there windshields. I am sure most will look into it as they did save their asses. Have you gone and tried to educate the public, they don't wanna listen (at least very few do). This is a good way to get the message out about government waste. For most people to get involved they need to feel that they are being effected directly. So what better way to show what nonsense this all is than to make a few YT videos and save some people from some worthless tickets?

As for the lashing out, I would just feel threatened by it. I'm not saying others should do it, just saying it's likely what I would end up doing. I wouldn't be able to tolerate it nearly as well as the meter maid in this video did. As I said, she clearly is the better person here.

These people are being affected directly every time they use a meter and they already don't care enough to revolt en masse. All this video does is show some guy more or less harrassing a rank and file worker who has no real say in the policy at hand.

then why would one take up arms to use violence (government force) and make the lives of others harder when they were in that exact same spot.

To make ends meet. When it comes right down to it, people care about their own survival first.

Aeroneous I am really interested in what activism you are involved in since you seem to know what to do and what not to do, as you judge others accordingly?

I get involved at my local level, right up to the state legislature point. I'm not very effective on the national level, so I tend to just try and educate friends and family at that point. Fortunately I live in a city which is pretty liberty-friendly. But anyway, my activism is typically centered around elections. I have organized grassroots events ranging from small (a BBQ in a park which drew a couple hundred) to slightly larger (several hundred in a local college auditorium for debates) crowds. I celebrated with my local state legislator the night he won after spending several months putting together these types of efforts to help him overthrow the incumbent. I have given lectures on liberty issues and I am an instructor in a relatively large community college teaching business/econ. I try to let my students come up with their own decisions, but I definitely have a laissez faire bias in my teaching methods.

I attend my city council meetings, and as soon as a spot in my ward opens up I will be running for the position. I'm also an active participant in my county GOP, VFW, and Rotary Club. If there is an issue that needs addressing, I lobby for it by drawing support into the appropriate office as opposed to just posting videos on YouTube that make me look like an ass. So if I were in this situation, I would be addressing the city directly. If the current officer holders weren't receptive, I would be running for office.

And I know plenty of people on this forum think that the activism in this video is just wonderful because it's anti-state, but your average joe will watch this video and just think, "What a douche." If the goal is educating the public, the message is really getting lost in implementation.

Keith and stuff
02-05-2013, 05:54 PM
https://www.facebook.com/KeeneRobinHood just posted this.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/531528_447969911941796_249326717_n.jpg
Thank you card with three dollars and our business card returned.

I guess at least 1 person likes Robin Hooding.

PeaceRequiresAnarchy
02-08-2013, 03:43 PM

Bold added for emphasis

If the state said it was illegal would you still applaud them? I certainly would. It is 100% just what they are doing; what the state says is irrelevant.

Keith and stuff
02-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Warning: Removal of This Chalk is a Class B Felony and Carries a Prison Sentence of More Than a Year
February 8, 2013 by James Cleaveland
http://freekeene.com/2013/02/08/warning-removal-of-this-chalk-is-a-class-b-felony-and-carries-a-prison-sentence-of-more-than-a-year/

Some of the police employees got really frustrated with the Robinhooding in Keene, NH and decided to start chalking cars, to tell how long as car has been in a spot. The idea is that even if a car is paid up according to the meter, if the car was parked in the same spot for several hours, it still is in violation of a city ordinance.

Today I was made aware from KPD Officer Jason Short that removing the chalk that the parking enforcement officers put on a parked vehicle’s tires is a class b felony. I was given a piece of paper, pictures below, with the applicable RSA.

A class b felony in New Hampshire is a crime for which the maximum penalty, exclusive of fine, is imprisonment in excess of one year but not in excess of 7 years. Examples of other class b felonies include: an aggravated DWI causing a collision resulting in serious bodily injury, robbery (involving force or threat of force), (some) theft, second degree assault (knowingly or recklessly causing serious bodily injury to another). Should the removal of chalk be included in this list?

The logic appears to be that an investigation is being initiated when the chalk is applied to the tires. By removing the chalk, a person is interfering with the investigation by destroying evidence. I don’t feel that removing some chalk warrants such a charge since there is no damage done to the property by the removal, a true investigation by a parking enforcer would gather more data (license plate number, the exact time, a picture of the car, make/model, etc), and it is possible that a vehicle could move to another spot and still have the chalk on the tire and be ticketed.

In my opinion, this reaction by the city of Keene is the first real evidence that Robin Hood of Keene is having a significant impact helping the general public keep their money for doing something that should not be considered a violation (parking their cars).

The paper I was given: Click on link to see the paper. http://freekeene.com/2013/02/08/warning-removal-of-this-chalk-is-a-class-b-felony-and-carries-a-prison-sentence-of-more-than-a-year/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4n4oZhQ-h4

Keith and stuff
02-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Keene Parking Enforcement Illustrates Lysander Spooner
February 10, 2013 by Free Concord
http://freekeene.com/2013/02/10/keene-parking-enforcement-illustrates-lysander-spooner/

Free Concord (http://freeconcord.org/) presents an illustrated excerpt from Lysander Spooner’s No Treason: The Constitution of No Authority (http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/world/readfile?fk_files=2112725). Using footage captured while Robin Hooding in Keene, Garret Ean narrates an opening portion of the Boston anarchist’s 1870 treatise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysander_Spooner). The video is scored with Henry Purcell’s Funeral March of Mary II played on the cello and glass harp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ayz1aIcKmc

Keith and stuff
02-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Another donation in the mail!

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/72990_453408611397926_1713251826_n.jpg

brandon
02-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Wow a gang of unkempt squirly looking guys harrassing a female meter maid, how brave

brandon
02-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Probably the most female interaction those guys had in months.

fr33
02-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Wow a gang of unkempt squirly looking guys harrassing a female meter maid, how brave

How does that boot taste? Good? Maybe I should try licking it like you are.

Keith and stuff
02-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Probably the most female interaction those guys had in months.

Lol, ppretty funny. Obvious it was completely untrue. Heck, there was a female walking with those group of guys. The person filming the video, perhaps the rudest of the bunch, is a New Yorker. I kinda expect rudeness from folks living in NYC.

FTL_Ian
02-17-2013, 12:55 AM
In the video you posted, there is nobody following around a meter maid. This is irrelevant to my comment.

Note I did not say anything about activism in general. I thoroughly enjoyed that long video: Derrick J's Victimless Crime Spree....

up until the point they were harassing the school crossing guard. Really pissed me off because the other 99% of the video is so good.

Um, we didn't do anything to the crossing guard. She attacked Derrick, right out the gate.

Keith and stuff
03-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I guess some people like Robin Hooding, eh?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/421503_456819737723480_240674655_n.jpg

Five dollars came in mail for a save that we did on 2/16.
https://www.facebook.com/KeeneRobinHood

Keith and stuff
03-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Someone sent in $10. The is the price of 2 parking tickets in Keene.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/644644_457176797687774_144794258_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/KeeneRobinHood

fr33
03-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Are the robin hooders leaving a pamphlet on each car that they save from tickets? Because they should.

FTL_Ian
03-02-2013, 09:31 PM
yep!

The Northbreather
03-02-2013, 11:50 PM

At what point is the little state weasel not stalking the public with that citation book? The state has no valid claim to your wealth..

" I'm just doing my job "is a pathetic excuse.

Harassment , give me a break.

Nastynate
03-03-2013, 12:40 AM
The CEO of Goldman Sachs is "just doing his job", they make the laws up and profit from them, so is the lobbyist for Goldman Sachs. That is one of the worst excuses I've ever heard. I don't see how the big bank CEOs, nazis, or meter maids differ in that they in my eyes do immoral things even though they're just doing their jobs. I sat in a court room once when I was trying to fight a ticket, I literally watched a judge act like a Mafia king pin. "You don't pay me I'll send you to jail", how is sending a productive member of society to jail if they don't pay their ticket a benefit to anyone? This is all about revenue, plain and simple. Its not about some just crusade to help the little guy, its about revenue nothing more and that is wrong in my book and anyone who things the state is violence.

Keith and stuff
03-10-2013, 08:16 PM
$35 additional dollars in donations to support the Robin Hooding efforts in Keene, NH. I guess at least these 3 people like it so much, they are voting with their dollars.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/554983_463367290402058_1217815186_n.jpg

Keith and stuff
03-11-2013, 10:57 AM
2 more $5 thank yous to Robin Hood of Keene.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/417431_463368193735301_1793067264_n.jpg

Keith and stuff
03-14-2013, 08:06 PM
There was a carpool to the New Hampshire State House to testify against a potential gas tax increase. On the way to the State House, this couple stopped us and asked us about Robin Hooding. He said that he found Robin Hood cards on his car (or was it his girlfriend's car?) twice. So, he gave a $10 donation to Robin Hood (a parking ticket is $5) and wrote a note about how he was so grateful. He gave his number and email and has told about a weekly meetup. He said he wants to get involved and make a difference. Awesome stuff! Here is the money next to a check that someone else wrote and send to Robin Hooding folks.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/64104_464909020247885_1913893528_n.jpg

cheapseats
03-15-2013, 08:21 PM
I was looking for a several-years-old article entitled THE MERRY MEN OF KEENE. (It's enough to WEEP, pondering how much money Americans could save each other and deny the State by feeding parking meters.)

Anyhoo, I found this on page THIRTY-NINE of Google results for "THE MERRY MEN OF KEENE":

12 January 2013 — Free Keene

Former AG Peter Heed arrested for DWI outside Keene

The former Cheshire county attorney and even more former NH Attorney General was arrested last evening for driving while intoxicated. State police received a report of an erratic driver on Rt. 9 headed toward Keene before his vehicle was intercepted and he was arrested. Heed resigned from the highest lawyers office in the state following a sexual harassment allegation in 2004, and has been with the Cheshire county governments legal team since 2006. He suddenly resigned in November 0f 2012, weeks [...]

http://www.niuzer.com/Keene-NH/Former-AG-Peter-Heed-arrested-for-DWI-outside-Keene-15948428.html

Did he get run-of-the-mill or preferential treatment?

FTL_Ian
03-16-2013, 03:40 PM
What do you think? ;)

FTL_Ian
03-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Retired KPD Captain Peter “Sturdy” Thomas is back on the streets of Keene, this time armed with a video camera. He attempts to give unconstitutional orders to Robin Hooders.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zebaZWv5A4A

Keith and stuff
03-17-2013, 10:40 PM
The Keene parking enforcement officers began removing and tearing up Robin Hood cards. In some parts of the country, it is likely illegal to place cards on cars parked on government streets. However, in Keene, it is believed to be illegal for city officials to remove cards from such cars because of free speech rights.

Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7sMp5DS4SQ

Here is a photo of the evidence. http://freekeene.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Robin-Hood-Cards-Destroyed.jpg

Here is a blog post with more info about it.
Parking Enforcers Steal and Destroy Robin Hood Cards
March 11, 2013
http://freekeene.com/2013/03/11/parking-enforcers-steal-and-destroy-robin-hood-cards/

fr33
03-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Retired KPD Captain Peter “Sturdy” Thomas is back on the streets of Keene, this time armed with a video camera. He attempts to give unconstitutional orders to Robin Hooders.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zebaZWv5A4A

From what you've said recently on your show, he's a been rehired to do what he's doing in this video. It is outrageous how much money they will waste on parking enforcement. It was already in the red... Sure, let's hire another parasite.

Keith and stuff
04-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Another amazing report from the Robin Hood of Keene Facebook page. And no, I'm not involved with the page. In fact, I don't remember ever robin hooding before though I might have done it. Personally, I try very hard to not pay for parking, even if it means I have to walk a lot.

Robin hooding report 4/6 - A man who saw what I was doing went to his car and gave me $3.73 in change. I also spoke with a man who had lived in Keene his whole life and feels like the parking situation is a money-making scheme by the city. A woman who we saved talked to me and was appreciative. Also some teenagers recognized us as we walked by and were taking about what we are doing.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/164903_473707966034657_1792123039_n.jpg

Keith and stuff
04-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Article in the Keene paper about this. Most of the comments seem to favor this. That's not a surprise as Robin Hooding is very popular with many people in Keene. The city manager says things that are untrue. No shock there.

City investigating 'harassing behavior' toward parking officers
Michael Moore / Sentinel Staff
Keene parking enforcement officer Jane McDermott collects the coins from a meter on St. James Street on Wednesday.
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:00 pm | Updated: 1:12 pm, Thu Apr 11, 2013.
By Kyle Jarvis Sentinel Staff
http://www.sentinelsource.com/news/local/city-investigating-harassing-behavior-toward-parking-officers/article_ebb77ba0-f23b-5e53-90f1-2e51d333e688.html

It was a front page story.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/601976_10151364489426641_375998175_n.jpg

Keith and stuff
04-11-2013, 12:35 PM
There is also a LTE about this issue.

Robin Hood is our friend, by David Crawford
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:00 pm
http://www.sentinelsource.com/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/robin-hood-is-our-friend-by-david-crawford/article_5008930a-42a2-5a69-96fa-e18cd50f4ee6.html

Did you get saved from a ticket?

There are people calling themselves “robinhooders” and they are saving people from getting parking tickets in Keene.

Here is how they do it: They find the parking meter person, sometimes by two-way radios that they are in constant communication by. And, after finding the meter person, one will be “one step ahead” of the meter person and sort-of beat the meter person to the expired meter, and then pay the meter, thus thwarting a would-be ticket.

Then there is one robinhooder who follows behind, putting a business-type card that explains to the recipient of the ticket save, that their meters ran out and what happened.

Here is a site that has more info and pictures of the cards, and grateful people who were saved from tickets: facebook.com/KeeneRobinHood?ref=ts&fref=ts.

I don’t understand why the “city of Keene” seems to be perturbed about it, when, it seems, people do like being saved from tickets (as can be seen at the above referenced Facebook site).

It is my understanding the city hired a man, a former Keene police officer, to follow around the robinhooders and stop them from saving people from tickets.

So there you have it: happy and grateful recipients being saved from parking tickets and the city hiring an ex-Keene police captain to put a stop to it, thus costing the city money.

What do you all make of that?

I like being saved from tickets! Why does the city want it to stop?

Keith and stuff
04-11-2013, 08:33 PM
More good news.

Paypal donation of $5 received. Message "Keep up the Good Work!"

We will continue to try to save folks from being ticketed.
Thanks for your support,
-James
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/552796_475565985848855_1008882971_n.jpg

Keith and stuff
04-16-2013, 10:31 AM
According to the Robin Hood of Keene Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=476267022445418&set=a.442172742521513.102068.431054756966645&type=1&theater), there was a bitcoin donation on Saturday.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/562588_476267022445418_1914917626_n.png

Keith and stuff
04-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Via the Robin Hood page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=476267975778656&set=a.442172742521513.102068.431054756966645&type=1

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/48032_476267975778656_763752790_n.jpg

I love how most of the donations are the same amount as a ticket generally is ($5). -James

Keith and stuff
04-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Derrick J's Peace News Now did a segment on Robin Hood of Keene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHvKBLhMlug

Barrex
04-19-2013, 02:27 PM
I am pretty (oh so pretty... but I digress) sure that RobinHooding kind of behavior decreases the risk of this kind of behavior:

http://www.secretsofthefed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/police-brutality-because-we-can.jpg

If they could do it to every government employee I am willing to bet cheapseats (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?21276-cheapseats) pinky finger that police brutality would go down by more than 80% and government stupidity by 6% (since you cant fix stupid).... eh it is not my pinky so by 80% also.

P.s.
Why was he banned?

Keith and stuff
05-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Here is 1 of the Robin Hooders describing a recent day.

Pretty productive day today. Sixty eight saves, picture is of tally counter which I count each save now.

I had some good interactions with the pubic including a lady who's car was stolen by parking enforcement. She is a single mom and could not afford her outstanding tickets. Her car was towed in February and she and her four year old son were stranded in the cold. She was charged one hundred and fifty dollars towing fee and fifty dollars per day impound fee. She had to borrow from friends and family to get her car back. She wants us to interview her so she can share her story.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/298234_482086168530170_1390283820_n.jpg
Source https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=482086168530170&set=a.442172742521513.102068.431054756966645&type=1

Keith and stuff
05-14-2013, 06:42 AM
May 13. 2013 9:47PM
Keene sues parking meter 'Robin Hoods'
By MEGHAN PIERCE
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130514/NEWS06/130519663

Here is the 1st half of the article.

KEENE - The city has filed a lawsuit against six citizens, part of a group dubbed Robin Hood of Keene that patrols downtown armed with video cameras and pockets full of change to fill expired parking meters.

Also known as Robin Hooders, the six are associated with the Free Keene group.

"They say video recording or talking to them is harassing them, but I don't agree with that," "Robin Hooder" James Cleaveland said of parking enforcement officers. "So they want to establish a safety zone of fifty feet."

Members of the group place cards under windshield wipers that read, "Your meter expired; however, we saved you from the king's tariffs, Robin Hood and his Merry Men. Please consider paying it forward," and includes an address where donations can be sent.

The group says the suit was filed because the city is losing revenue from parking tickets. The city says the activists are harassing its employees.

In the case filed May 2, the city asks the court to prohibit residents Kate Ager, Ian Bernard aka Ian Freeman, James Cleaveland, Graham Colson, Garrett Ean and Peter Eyre from coming within 50 feet of the city's three parking enforcement officers "during the performance of their employment duties for the city."

According to the suit, the residents "regularly, repeatedly and intentionally taunted, interfered with, harassed, and intimidated" the officers starting last December, "surrounding, touching or nearly touching, and otherwise taunting and harassing" the officers.

Cleaveland said the group has prevented the officers from issuing about 4,000 tickets.

Click here -> http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130514/NEWS06/130519663 <- for the second 1/2 of the article.

http://freekeene.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/robin.jpg

Keith and stuff
05-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Now the Washington Times is covering this and another reporter will be in Keene today.

New Hampshire city suing ‘Robin Hood’ for paying parking meters of strangers
By Seth McLaughlin
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/14/new-hampshire-city-suing-robin-hood-paying-parking/

The city of Keene, N.H., is suing “Robin Hood and his Merry Men” - a group that has made a name for itself by paying people’s parking meters before they can get slapped with a ticket from local parking enforcement officers.
The Union Leader reported Tuesday that six “Robin Hooders” troll the streets of the city’s quaint downtown in search of cars parked at expired meters.
When they find one, the pay the meet and slip cards under a windshield wiper that says: “Your meter expired; however, we saved you from the king’s tariffs, Robin Hood and his Merry Men. Please consider paying it forward.” The note includes an address where people can send donations for the effort.
The city claims in the lawsuit that the “Robin Hooders,” are taunting and harassing the city’s three parking enforcement officers.
“They say video recording or talking to them is harassing them, but I don’t agree with that,” James Cleaveland, member of the group, told the Union Leader. “So they want to establish a safety zone of fifty feet.”
The lawsuit says that since December the group has “intentionally taunted, interfered with, harassed and intimidated” the parking enforcement officers “by closely following them on foot and in automobiles in groups of one, two or more, often with video camera equipment and coordinating their activities using radio communication
In the suit, a parking enforcement officer says the group has harassed her, according to the Union Leader.

Read the other 1/2 of the article. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/14/new-hampshire-city-suing-robin-hood-paying-parking/

Keith and stuff
05-14-2013, 04:59 PM
This story broke. Now there are dozens of reporters that have already covered this or are working on a story. The NH TV station is working on a story and a couple from Boston are. 1 of the national news channels is working on a story. Lawyers groups are putting out stories and newspapers across the world are covering it.

As I was typing this I noticed that the Boston CBS story went up. It has video that I beleive was shot this afternoon in Keene.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/14/keene-nh-sues-robin-hood-for-paying-parking-meters-that-have-run-out/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/14/new-hampshire-city-sues-group-for-paying-parking-meters-strangers/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324545/Parking-meter-Robin-Hoods-sued-town-officials-feeding-expired-parking-meters-harassing-officers.html

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/town_sues_robin_hood_citizen_group_known_for_feedi ng_parking_meters_says_it/

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/city-sues-robin-hood-group-over-parking-meter-223952852.html

http://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20130514/NEWS06/130519929?tags=|302

Feelgood
05-14-2013, 05:37 PM
http://www.newmarketnh.gov/content/view/74/115/

Seems there is such an ordinance on the books in Newmarket NH. However, it is just that, an ordinance, and not a law. You "can be" arrested for breaking a law, you can not be arrested for breaking an ordinance. You can however be fined for breaking an ordinance, if that fine is already defined in the ordinance.

NoOneButPaul
05-14-2013, 06:06 PM
So cool...

Lindsey
05-14-2013, 06:45 PM

This. These guys crossed a line IMO.

Keith and stuff
05-15-2013, 10:19 AM
The MSM is trying to use this story to take news time away from all of Obama's scandals. MSNBC, ABC News, Fox News, several local TV station, many radio stations, NHPR, many of the largest newspapers in the US and additional reports from Europe are either currently working on this story and planning on covering it.

Remember, this is another Democratic scandal. Make no mistake, while the mayor of Keene is a Republican, the mayor is mostly a ceremonial position in Keene. Every city councilor in Keene is a Democrat or registered undeclared. This is Democrats upset that the Robin Hooding folks have like saved tax payers around 4,000 $5 parking tickets in about 6 months time. I like this story but don't be confused, it's Democrats behind it. Oh, and I'm not saying Republicans wouldn't do this if they had the chance, but it Keene, they don't have the chance and never will.

Here is a story about a well known Democrat wanting Robin Hooders to be Lynched for saving tax payers money.

Daughter of Cynthia Georgina and Cheshire County Corrections Officer appear to advocate murder of Robin Hooders
May 15, 2013 by Jay
http://freekeene.com/2013/05/15/daughter-of-cynthia-georgina-and-cheshire-county-corrections-officer-appear-to-advocate-murder-of-robin-hooders/

Kay Georgina (https://www.facebook.com/kay.georgina), daughter of former Keene City Council member and WKBK Saturday morning radio host Cynthia Georgina, and Jacob Whitney (https://www.facebook.com/jacob.whitney.3), a Master Sergeant at the Cheshire County Department of Corrections, both liked a comment on Facebook that advocated killing Robin Hooders.

This is the link to the Facebook thread: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=277251412409532

The comment is the 6th one down, quoted here (and a convenient screenshot too):

“Edward Merrill I think it’s time to lynch one of those assholes and set an example. You don’t like our government? Then move the fuck out of the country! God they piss me off.
http://freekeene.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lynching.png

Keith and stuff
05-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Why do people have to be so uncivil when it comes to Cheshire County New Hampshire politics?
May 15, 2013
http://nhfreedom.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/why-do-people-have-to-be-so-uncivil-when-it-comes-to-cheshire-county-new-hampshire-politics/

Yup, Kay Georgina did it again. She posted this to Facebook. Some Democrats...

Kay Georgina wasn’t set on just liking the lynching of innocent people. On Monday she compared paying a parking meter for a person that is 1 minute late paying a meter to raping children. We are still waiting for the apology. Here is the direct link to her post (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=511032592290207&id=456817497711717) on Facebook. Here is the exact quote. Kay Georgina, “FreeKeene Robin Hooders are as well meaning and helpful as a pedophile with candy and a van at a ball game.”
http://nhfreedom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/kay1.jpg?w=467&h=278

Keith and stuff
05-18-2013, 04:51 PM
This story has been covered 100s of times by now. Some people might not know all of the details, though. This Cop Block (http://www.copblock.org/) video does a pretty good job covering the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASqpt_Opzzc

brandon
05-18-2013, 11:24 PM
I don't think I totally agree with them. Specifically, the one bro says "the only people that like parking enforcement are the people that work for parking enforcement." I live in a small town, and the biggest supporters of parking enforcement are the business owners on main street. They do not want some random person to park square in front of their store and leave their car there all day.

fr33
05-19-2013, 12:17 AM
I don't think I totally agree with them. Specifically, the one bro says "the only people that like parking enforcement are the people that work for parking enforcement." I live in a small town, and the biggest supporters of parking enforcement are the business owners on main street. They do not want some random person to park square in front of their store and leave their car there all day.I could justify that.... if they owned the property the parking spaces are on.

Keith and stuff
05-20-2013, 02:22 PM
So a NH local has turned this concept into a local TV show. It's a variety show with a heavy focus on parking enforcement in Keene. It's pretty out there. It's called AquaKeene ParkingForce and airs weekly in Keene, NH.
YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/AquaKeene

1st episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGzNuas2-Jc

2nd episode (just released)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U4g_D3uEtE

3rd episode is a week away.

Keith and stuff
12-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Great news! The pro bono civil rights attorney and Peter Eyre, Cop Block co-founder, representing himself, defeated the expensive corporate law team and the Keene City prosecutor. The City of Keene's Free Speech case against Robin Hood, 4 Merry Men and a Merry Lady was dismissed. The financial lawsuit against the same folks was also dismissed. The City of Keene had ZERO case!

I'll create a new thread about it and post articles about this news, and hopefully the 17 page form that says dismissed, as some as that stuff comes out.

Rumor is that Merry Men are going to celebrate in the streets of Keene today :toady:

Update: 3 Merry Men did celebrate in the streets. Very few tickets were written.

FindLiberty
12-04-2013, 08:09 PM
:->