PDA

View Full Version : Book: The Ron Paul Revolution: Chronicles and Essays from the Grassroots Movement

Deborah K
01-29-2013, 06:24 PM
This is an idea that I have been thinking about. Let's write a book. I just threw that title out there, I am open to any and all ideas. Everyone who has something to say about our movement's political philosophy, or was a witness to an event, or organized an event, or was a delegate or a precinct captain, and so on, should write about it in an essay, and we should categorize and compile it, and get it published.

Chris Rye and Corey Kealiher gave us a good historical perspective on the first election, and in my opinion, we need another documentary to accompany that one (For Liberty). But, it might also be good, historically speaking, if we can document this time in history in our own written words.

I think this book needs to be all inclusive, meaning everyone from all the different factions should be included. We'll need editors, and graphic artists for the cover. And, I know quite a few best selling authors so I doubt we'll have too much trouble getting it published.

I'd also like to get contributions from the prominent leaders in our movement.

I really think we need we to do this for posterity, but also as a way to establish unity in the movement, because if we don't make an attempt to do that, we're never going to change the hearts and minds of America and thus, change the course of history, and we all know that is our only hope.

What say you?

Deborah K
01-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Okay, if no one is interested in collaborating on this, I'll just ask some of you, one-on-one, if you'd like to write an essay, or chronicle some event. If the reason there is no interest is because my intention is to be inclusive, then let's discuss it, let's get it out there, let's run a poll if necessary. I'd like to see some legitimate reasons why the factions shouldn't unite behind a project.

I ask you - how do you want our movement to go down in history? Do you want some outsider who has an agenda, to place us as a footnote in history? Because I don't! WE need to write our own history, and we need to pass it down to our children and grandchildren to inform, educate, and inspire them. We need to show our numbers, our diversity, our cause - in our own words. In a book.

sailingaway
01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
cooooooool!

I love the idea of a collection of grassroots essays on their experience with the r3VOLution!

Badger Paul
01-30-2013, 11:33 AM
I think its a wonderful idea and would happy to contribute an essay or essays I have written on it already. Feel free to PM me for an email exchange.

Deborah K
01-30-2013, 11:49 AM
I think its a wonderful idea and would happy to contribute an essay or essays I have written on it already. Feel free to PM me for an email exchange.

Just PM'd you. Would love ideas on the cover and the title too.

kathy88
01-30-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm in. Sent you a PM. Let me know what you need.

Deborah K
01-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Bump for the night crew.

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 12:33 PM
For those interested, I thought we could set up a skype chatroom and brainstorm on how to go about this. My skype name is deborah.robinet, we can talk about the chapters in the book. The major thing we want to relay to people is the REASON Ron Paul has such a huge following. We need to outline his/our political philosophy, so we need the essays to cover such things as:

1. Non-interventionism
2. Federal Reserve
3. Limited government and states' rights
4. Personal freedom
5. The War on Drugs
6. And of course, how we came to learn about Dr. Paul, and what attracted us to him

We need to chronicle:

1.The state conventions
2.The national convention
3.How the MSM, and the RNC treated him during both elections
4.Our rallies
5.How Rand got into politics

We also need to write about our diversity:

1. How the truther movement propelled him into the '08 election
2. Austrian economics vs. Keynesian
3. Anarcho capitalism
4. Voluntarism, anarchy, NAP
5. Why atheists respect a man of faith
6. Libertarians
7. Testimony from converted neo-cons; and democrats
8. Paleocons
9. Hard money people
10. John Birch Society

and anything else that I haven't covered here.

Also, if we end up with any proceeds from this, we can put them toward electing Liberty Candidates. I'm already set up for that due to Paul Festival so that work is already done.

I've gotten a few essays already, and one editor, thank you. Feel free to pass this around. And, if you have any reservations, feel free to let me know. I really believe we can do this, and we need to.

libertygrl
01-31-2013, 01:04 PM
Okay, if no one is interested in collaborating on this, I'll just ask some of you, one-on-one, if you'd like to write an essay, or chronicle some event. If the reason there is no interest is because my intention is to be inclusive, then let's discuss it, let's get it out there, let's run a poll if necessary. I'd like to see some legitimate reasons why the factions shouldn't unite behind a project.

I ask you - how do you want our movement to go down in history? Do you want some outsider who has an agenda, to place us as a footnote in history? Because I don't! WE need to write our own history, and we need to pass it down to our children and grandchildren to inform, educate, and inspire them. We need to show our numbers, our diversity, our cause - in our own words. In a book.

Actually, I have been thinking about something similar for quite some time, out of concern for what you have just described. The problem is that it was probably more like a fantasy than anything else. Something on the sale of small museum which would house the history and writings of Dr. Paul along with the memorabilia and creations of Ron Paul supporters. That will probably never happen so I guess a book is the next best thing!

But I think a big part of the movement outside of the list you proposed of important issues, is the grassroots passion and wild tactics in our uphill battle against the MSM to get the public's attention. THAT is what made this movement so unusual and special - in my opinion. It was the spontenaity of a bunch of strangers, passionate about the ideals of liberty who came together to try and help spread Ron Paul's message. (Also, pictures of the creations of the grassroots such as ads, blimps, highway signs, t-shirts, etc). Maybe that makes for another kind of book, but THAT's something I would really be into. Unless, of course it could be combined in the same book.

kathy88
01-31-2013, 01:08 PM
Actually, I have been thinking about something similar for quite some time, out of concern for what you have just described. The problem is that it was probably more like a fantasy than anything else. Something on the sale of small museum which would house the history and writings of Dr. Paul along with the memorabilia and creations of Ron Paul supporters. That will probably never happen so I guess a book is the next best thing!

But I think a big part of the movement outside of the list you proposed of important issues, is the grassroots passion and wild tactics in our uphill battle against the MSM to get the public's attention. THAT is what made this movement so unusual and special - in my opinion. It was the spontenaity of a bunch of strangers, passionate about the ideals of liberty who came together to try and help spread Ron Paul's message. (Also, pictures of the creations of the grassroots such as ads, blimps, highway signs, t-shirts, etc). Maybe that makes for another kind of book, but THAT's something I would really be into. Unless, of course it could be combined in the same book.

Great input.

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 01:27 PM

A museum would most assuredly preserve this historic time. I don't have the means to pull that off right now though. And I like the idea of pictures too. And I think the testimonies will encompass what you refer to as the "passion and wild tactics", which was so much a part of this movement. The enthusiasm was crazy. I feel honored to have a been a witness to it all.

LibertyEagle
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Deb, you should add paleocons and hard money people. These were the people who supported Ron from the time he first ran for Congress. He doesn't bring Goldwater, Jr. around with him when he runs for President, for no reason.

And if you are going to single out the Truthers, you might as well mention the Birchers. As they were with Ron Paul from the 70's on. In fact, Ron called the President of the JBS, Congressman Larry MacDonald, when he was thinking about running for Congress.

Deborah K
01-31-2013, 01:39 PM
Deb, you should add paleocons and hard money people. These were the people who supported Ron from the time he first ran for Congress. He doesn't bring Goldwater, Jr. around with him when he runs for President, for no reason.

And if you are going to single out the Truthers, you might as well mention the Birchers. As they were with Ron Paul from the 70's on. In fact, Ron called the President of the JBS, Congressman Larry MacDonald, when he was thinking about running for Congress.

Added. Thank you! LE would you be interested in writing an essay about his first run, as a Libertarian in the 80s? That's when you started following him, right?

LibertyEagle
01-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Added. Thank you! LE would you be interested in writing an essay about his first run, as a Libertarian in the 80s? That's when you started following him, right?

I actually knew about him in the 70s. My Mother was a huge fan, so we all heard a lot about him. lol.

libertygrl
01-31-2013, 02:02 PM
A museum would most assuredly preserve this historic time. I don't have the means to pull that off right now though. And I like the idea of pictures too. And I think the testimonies will encompass what you refer to as the "passion and wild tactics", which was so much a part of this movement. The enthusiasm was crazy. I feel honored to have a been a witness to it all.

Me too. I think all of us feel that way. Sounds good to me!