PDA

View Full Version : Just another dog shooting. (At a high school) (video)

brandon
01-29-2013, 05:56 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/29/16758026-cops-shoot-dogs-in-front-of-pennsylvania-high-school?lite

Two dogs dead. The community doesn't understand why two officers unloaded their weapons in a highly populated area in front of a high school.

belian78
01-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Because mundane... FUCK YOU!!

That's why.

aloneinthewilderness
01-29-2013, 06:16 PM
My dad and one of his workers actually sort of witnessed this one. He saw the dogs laying there afterward and thought they were hit by a car or something. I think it was bystanders that filled him in on what actually happened, and outrage was shared by all from what I understand. I really doubt the cops care what the public thinks, especially in a poor community like Chester.

presence
01-29-2013, 06:55 PM
I'd just like to note... this is USnews.nbcnew.com not a local news source.

Interesting.

brandon
01-29-2013, 10:34 PM
bump

Danke
01-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Officer safety.

Carehn
01-29-2013, 10:43 PM
What the hell is wrong with people? Cops and everyone? Honestly, could any of you out there imagine stuff like this and other things in the news happening in like the 50 and stuff? Did it? I wasn't alive then. I mean GOD DAMN!!! the whole world seems to be full of half calked fools. And I see it in people in my own life

What im trying to get at is...

Where is all the common sense? Why is everyone around me acting like complete fools?

Am I the only one? Honestly. Maybe I'm crazy and the world is fine.

Carehn
01-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Posting again because most killers are known to have been animal abusers first. It always starts that way and it has to do with a lust for power over another living thing (Kinky in the right settings). But not cool at all in the real world. It starts with dogs and cats and moves on sometimes to humans. But this is two signs we have of someone who is not mentally stable.

1. Animal abuse.
2. Became a cop

#2 is no joke. Think about what kind of person would want to be a cop. They must like being considered a hero maybe. Or it could be power over others. Maybe its just the only job the could get coming out of the military. Or possibly they like violence and its a step towards finding it. Even people who become a cop for 'good' reasons will most likely find themselves surrounded by roid heads and control freaks.

Seems to me the most evil of people would want jobs like Cop, soldier, politician and so on.

I don't know.

pacodever
01-29-2013, 11:26 PM
My junk ballistics assessment:

A little better view of where they shot the dogs. Apparently they were shooting away from the high school, but examining the angles, it doesn't appear that they have any solid backstop if one of the shots went high, not accounting for any ricochet. From the position and angle he is shooting, standing while shooting into a truck bed from 6-8 feet away, I think it would be very possible for one of the shots to go high or glance off the bed. Extremely dangerous IMO. Good news is that it appears they have recently put in new crosswalks.

http://s7.postimage.org/foipmmjob/shooter.jpg

http://s7.postimage.org/t1lup8oij/barclay_9th.jpg

http://s9.postimage.org/45pvxnf27/overhead3.jpg

Aeroneous
01-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Seems to me the most evil of people would want jobs like Cop, soldier, politician and so on.

I hope you realize what a messed up generalization this is. I don't appreciate it on a personal level, having been one of those that you mentioned, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that there are PLENTY of wonderful people out there in all of those professions. I know we hear these horrible stories all the time, but don't let it completely sour you.

Keith and stuff
01-29-2013, 11:42 PM

I cannot imagine a way to disagree with a statement like that.

Carehn
01-29-2013, 11:49 PM
I hope you realize what a messed up generalization this is. I don't appreciate it on a personal level, having been one of those that you mentioned, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that there are PLENTY of wonderful people out there in all of those professions. I know we hear these horrible stories all the time, but don't let it completely sour you.
Thank you. I'll try. And I meant no disrespect.

Aeroneous
01-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Thank you. I'll try. And I meant no disrespect.

Oh don't worry about disrespecting me... I can handle someone's opinion on a forum (which is why I said my lack of appreciation for the comment didn't matter). ;)

I think we all have a tendency to get completely fixated on these terrible stories and end up creating sweeping generalizations in our own minds. I'm guilty of it too. In reality, the average police officer you meet is most likely a good person. Joining the police force/military in order to protect others really is a good thing in my opinion, but unfortunately intentions can go badly sometimes. I've yet to meet a really "bad" police officer in any of the locations I've lived in. They have all been perfectly level headed, reasonable individuals. You'll always end up with a few bad eggs, though. When you consider the number of law enforcement officers in the country, even the number of stories AF posts is relatively miniscule. :D

Origanalist
01-30-2013, 12:00 AM
What the hell is wrong with people? Cops and everyone? Honestly, could any of you out there imagine stuff like this and other things in the news happening in like the 50 and stuff? Did it? I wasn't alive then. I mean GOD DAMN!!! the whole world seems to be full of half calked fools. And I see it in people in my own life

What im trying to get at is...

Where is all the common sense? Why is everyone around me acting like complete fools?

Am I the only one? Honestly. Maybe I'm crazy and the world is fine.

No, you're not crazy. And while I'm not really old enough to remember the fifties, I remember the sixties real well and I can't recall a single incident like this. It really is a different country now.

Truthfully, I think the cops back then would have rather shot a protester than a dog.