PDA

View Full Version : Playing race politics, lies, smears and propaganda

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Jim DeMint was on Meet the Press this week, apparently to play punching bag for a group of leftist propagandists.

Just more of the same race baiting political lies from the left, the kind that have become infamous on NBC, CNN and MSNBC.

Note that this exchange is about nothing more than innuendo. No specific quotes that might be offensive, or who said them. It is much more ominous to just hint at the awful things that must have been said. Let the imagination run wild. This is even better than taking things out of context. No quotes at all! Just a wink and nod and all is understood. :rolleyes:

You can also note the clever redefinition of terms. The GOP are now Dixiecrats. Imagine that! A term applied to racist Democrats is now being transformed into a smear on Republicans. Propagandists have no shame, so this should come as no surprise, yet it is still is a little jolting at the audaciousness of the redefinition.

And who says that the GOP needs "self-examination"? Usually the mainstream media. Of course they don't mean "self-examination" in terms of rededication to smaller government or sticking with the Constitution or rule of law. (Those things that the GOP is supposed to stand for). What they really mean is that if you don't start going along with their agenda, they will smear you as racists!

Text of some of the roundtable, bolding added:

GREGORY: Senator DeMint, part of the-- the calculation for Republicans is where do they push, where do they fight. What battles do they pick? And this is part of a period of self-examination for the party that-- that you’re a part of as well. Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana spoke out-- was outspoken on Thursday, talking to Republicans. Here’s part of what he said.

(Videotape; Republican National Committee Winter Meeting, Charlotte, North Carolina/Thursday)
GOV. BOBBY JINDAL (R-LA): We’ve got to stop being the stupid party. And I’m serious. It’s time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults. It’s time for us to articulate our plans and our visions for America in real terms. It’s no secret we had a number of Republicans that damaged the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I’m here to say we’ve had enough of that.
(End videotape)

GREGORY: He is arguing that that’s getting in the way. Colin Powell on this program a couple of weeks ago, talking about a deep vein of intolerance within the Republican Party. How do you respond to that as you take a look at where the party needs to go?

FMR. SEN. DEMINT: I talked to Governor Jindal yesterday because we’re on the same page of where we need to go. He-- he knows that spending more than we’re bringing in this debt is-- is a moral argument that we need to connect with the American people. And not just in numbers. But we need to help people see that what we’re doing here in Washington, the politicians are the real takers because they’re taking the future away. Every paycheck is going to be worth less and the future of our children with the debt on their head is-- means that the opportunities that they could have are going to be diminished.

GREGORY: But that’s not quite what he is speaking of there. What he’s talking about is how the brand positions itself. How it reaches out to people.

FMR. SEN. DEMINT: I’m not going to speak for Republicans and one of the reasons I-- I left Congress is because I don’t believe that politicians are going to solve our problems unless the American people force them to. They’re going to keep spend-- spending and borrowing in Washington. They’re going to keep implementing policies, as Ben just said, that hurt minorities. We’re-- they’re worse off. And we can go to Detroit and Philadelphia and Chicago where these liberal progressive policies have been in place for decades, and you see Latinos and African-Americans with-- in failing schools, with high unemployment. What we’re going to do, and I know what Governor Jindal is going to do along with a lot of other governors, is show the success stories where the right ideas are implemented. And we’re going to show the failures in Detroit and Philadelphia and L.A.

GREGORY: Ben, comment before we go to break here.

MR. JEALOUS: Look, you-- you know, there are places where we can clearly work together. Criminal Justice Reform is one of them. But the real question for the GOP is whether they are willing to give up on the gasoline that has been the old Dixiecrat rhetoric that they’ve indulged in for the past 40 years. And when he talked about those bizarre and insulting comments, that’s what he’s talking about--playing to the cheap seats again, again, again. They need to stop. They need to say, look, you know, we have an old brand as the grand old party, the party of Linc-- Lincoln, the party of Kemp, the party of people who united this country again and again. Let’s be that. And let’s stop trying to be these Dixiecrats, because it just doesn’t work for anybody.

GREGORY: I mean, Senator, do you regret, you know, some of the comments about abortion in this last cycle, about rape, about again what Colin Powell thought were veiled racist comments from the party?

FMR. SEN. DEMINT: Well, David, the fact that we are losing over 3,000 unborn children a day is an important issue. But Republicans or conservatives should not engage in a debate about exceptions for abortion when the other side will not even agree that we have real people or real human beings. And-- and we need fight the battle where it-- it should be fought. Life is important. We know from all of the new technology and improved sonograms that we do have a baby. And it’s important that we fight for that. But instead of just offering my opinion on-- on some hypothetical debate about exceptions for abortion, we need to move it back and particularly work with the states that are fighting for just the personhood of the child. And if we can start there, I think America will move with us.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50605316/ns/meet_the_press-transcripts/

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Just more of the same race baiting political lies from the left, the kind that have become infamous on NBC, CNN and MSNBC.

Speaking of CNN, in the last hour they did a 10 minute segment on a Volkswagen advertisement, and whether it was racist. Just another example of the obsession with constantly opening a wound, and pouring in salt and bile. We are at the end point of years of setting the stage. If you disagree with amnesty, with gun control, with Obamacare, with Keynesian economic policy, with a massive welfare/warfare state, then you are a racist.

Brian4Liberty
01-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Either the Daily Show comes here for ideas, or this trend (or smear, or talking point) has become so popular that no one in the media can resist. So last night, the Daily Show took their turn in playing the "race bait, lie and smear" game.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-january-30-2013/the-nuevo-deal---hispanic-room

Some points from the segment:

- Republicans "hold their noses" when reaching out to Hispanics or minorities.
- They used a "ship has sailed" innuendo to infer that Republicans were responsible for slavery. (Gotta love that turn around. Republicans are "Dixiecrats" too, eh? All the crimes of the Democrats are now applied to the GOP).
- GOP holds meeting at former slave plantation. (Is there any plantation in the original thirteen States that did not have slaves?)
- Blacks, Asians and gays also hate Republicans.
- Plus they are crazy. Cue mandatory Akin quote that the female body can "shut down pregnancies".

For a double dose of irony, quite a few of the jokes in the segment could be taken as offensive to Hispanics, and if the jokes came from a source on the right, would no doubt be fodder for scorn, ridicule and smear on this very same show. "In your face, tea-baggers! We are rubber, you are glue!" :rolleyes: