PDA

View Full Version : GEICO Canceling Insurance Because Customers Work in Firearms Industry

ZENemy
01-29-2013, 04:00 PM
An SD reader has sent us his notification of cancellation of auto insurance from GEICO effective 1/22/13 due to the fact that ”the vehicle does not meet our underwriting guidelines because it is used in conjunction with a company that deals in the weapons industry”.

First Bank of America began confiscating the funds of firearms dealers, now GEICO believes it can cancel service for anyone working in the firearms industry. Who needs gun bans when the the banksters are more than willing to do the dirty work and pull strong armed corruption Chicago style stunts?

Submitted GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) notice of cancellation of insurance letter is below:

http://www.silverdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/geico-cancels-insurance.jpg

http://www.silverdoctors.com/geico-canceling-insurance-because-customers-work-in-firearms-industry/

Acala
01-29-2013, 04:12 PM
I'll bet this is not true.

Ranger29860
01-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Misleading title much? It looks like it says that a Company has had its insurance claim cancelled due to the industry not an individual.

ZENemy
01-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Misleading title much? It looks like it says that a Company has had its insurance claim cancelled due to the industry not an individual.

I pasted it as it was titled on the link I provided, I did not mean to mislead.

Not sure how it was misleading anyway, is a"company"not a "customer" it does not say "individual" gets policy cancelled.

Lucille
01-29-2013, 04:30 PM
FWIW, Geico is a wholly owned subsidiary of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/geico.asp

“Thank you for contacting us and we appreciate your concern regarding this matter. There was some misunderstanding on our part in relation to the usage of the vehicle. We have reached out to the policyholder in an effort to clarify usage and continue his policy.”

Related: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/08/26/famous-drill-instructor-says-geico-fired-him-for-criticizing-obama-admin/

Ranger29860
01-29-2013, 04:34 PM
I pasted it as it was titled on the link I provided, I did not mean to mislead.

Not sure how it was misleading anyway, is a"company"not a "customer" it does not say "individual" gets policy cancelled.

"Customers who work in firearms industry" implies people. It actually makes a pretty big difference for this case since a lot of insurance companies do tend to pick and choose who they insure when it comes to businesses due to higher risk depending on the business.

For example if this story was about how GEICO would not insure a company that runs demolition derby's since the risk is a little ridiculous, you would not hear a peep about it. But because its firearms that seems to make the difference to peoples reaction. GEICO is a private company and can do what they want and by the sound of that letter that policy is nothing new, and it is worded in a way to make me think that the company that holds that policy may have lied to them in the first place.

nobody's_hero
01-29-2013, 04:41 PM
I think it's funny in a way that Geico insures automobile drivers, but you get guns involved and suddenly it's too dangerous.

Where's that statistic on how many people are killed by automobiles per year, versus people killed by guns?

ZENemy
01-29-2013, 04:54 PM
"Customers who work in firearms industry" implies people. It actually makes a pretty big difference for this case since a lot of insurance companies do tend to pick and choose who they insure when it comes to businesses due to higher risk depending on the business.

For example if this story was about how GEICO would not insure a company that runs demolition derby's since the risk is a little ridiculous, you would not hear a peep about it. But because its firearms that seems to make the difference to peoples reaction. GEICO is a private company and can do what they want and by the sound of that letter that policy is nothing new, and it is worded in a way to make me think that the company that holds that policy may have lied to them in the first place.

That's an opinion based on the way you read it.

That being said, I can see your point and understand how it can be misleading. Live and learn.

FindLiberty
01-29-2013, 04:58 PM
GEico

How many Government Employees (that deal in/with firearms as part of their jobs and also use Geico insurance), will be affected by this policy?

This seems bogus. It's a political poke in the eye if true. Maybe Geico ins should be limited to fedgov employees.

libertyjam
01-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Nobody mentions/notices the irony? Government employees work for the largest weapons industry on the planet?

Razmear
01-30-2013, 01:13 AM
This is the FB page of the guy who had his insurance canceled:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/gunadapterscom/124696527577866?ref=ts&fref=ts
There are details there about what really happened.
He makes gun adapters that can be used to shoot, for example, .410 shells in a 12ga, and for other similar types of conversions. He does not make anything that actually goes Boom or is capable of launching a projectile.
He had a commercial account with GEICO and it was canceled with the letter above (sent on 12/6), and he posted that letter to FB, which has since gone viral.

Hope this clears some of the errors I can see reading this thread, for more info, check the guys FB page.

Anti Federalist
01-30-2013, 01:53 AM
GEICO is a private company and can do what they want and by the sound of that letter that policy is nothing new, and it is worded in a way to make me think that the company that holds that policy may have lied to them in the first place.

I knew that wouldn't take long.

Corporate tyranny...for those who don't care for the flavor of government tyranny.

Ranger29860
01-30-2013, 01:55 AM
I knew that wouldn't take long.

Corporate tyranny...for those who don't care for the flavor of government tyranny.

So there are no valid alternatives to GEICO?

From the guy's FB page : "
I have not talked to Geico since purchasing their policy and do not wish too. As far as I am concerned the letter of Cancellation says it all.

I have a new Auto policy with a different Insurance company who does not care about the parts I manufacture.

Everything I have stated is the facts."

So what is the alternative to the stance I took? To force a private company to alter there policies? Or to let the free market decide and have the guy find a insurance company that better fits him?

Anti Federalist
01-30-2013, 02:20 AM
Or to let the free market decide and have the guy find a insurance company that better fits him?

There is rapidly coming a time when there will be no alternatives.

Your "better fit" will be to turn in all your firearms, (or stop smoking or riding a motorcycle or doing a million other things that make life worth living) or not be insured/have a job/get a bank account/get your approved "papers".

You'll still have your rights citizen, but just like gun "rights" in the UK, it will be restricted to a few very wealthy hobbyists.

For the avergae Mundane, they will not be able to afford to exercise their rights.

phill4paul
01-30-2013, 02:28 AM
There is rapidly coming a time when there will be no alternatives.

Your "better fit" will be to turn in all your firearms, (or stop smoking or riding a motorcycle or doing a million other things that make life worth living) or not be insured/have a job/get a bank account/get your approved "papers".

You'll still have your rights citizen, but just like gun "rights" in the UK, it will be restricted to a few very wealthy hobbyists.

For the avergae Mundane, they will not be able to afford to exercise their rights.

People didn't listen to you 30 years ago, kook. why should they now. Sheesh. Give it a break already. It's not like any of your diatribes have come to fruition. Your presence on these forums is hurting Rand Pauls campaign. Slitting your wrists would be as acceptable as a ban.