PDA

View Full Version : "Rubio is proving to be an embarassment"

itshappening
01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
It's funny to watch Rubio all over the 'conservative' media trying to sell amnesty today.

Here are some comments from 'conservative' website HotAir about his proposals:

----
Rubio is an obama-style opportunist who will do and say anything to have a shot at the White House – he cannot and must not be trusted.

Pork-Chop on January 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM

They’re not “undocumented”, they’re illegal. Quit using the watered-down terms of the left.

Bishop on January 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Rubio is proving himself to be an embarrassment. America does not have a damned Illegal immigration problem. What we have is a law enforcement problem. Enforce the damned laws we already have, put politicians or LEWO’s who advocate for Sanctuary cities or states in prison and enforce the damned laws.

As far as the illegal aliens already here, perhaps a refresher in American History is in order. Operation Wetback

SWalker on January 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Marco Rubio, FOAD. You are a worm. Nothing you say has any meaning because you are a lying worm who is more into tribalism than the Rule of Law and the sanctity of American sovereignty.

Get lost, dipsh!t.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM

So it grants amnesty now contingent upon a promise of a penalty years down the road that, most likely, will be ignored?

And this is something conservatives are being hectored to support?! Not me.

JohnTant on January 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I’m already tired of you, Rubio. You’re just another con man.

rrpjr on January 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Rubio is a classic representation of “an enemy within”

voiceofreason on January 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Rubio has rapidly reached mediocrity! This appears more and more to be a valid part of his real character! And we thought he was a different politico! Certainly not a conservative!

tomshup on January 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Lucille
01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
He's a Globalist (http://voxday.blogspot.com/2011/06/are-neocons-are-losing-red-faction.html) Bushevik (http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/rubios-foolish-gamble-on-a-return-to-bushism/). What did they expect?

James Madison
01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
inb4 open borders is synonymous with free markets

jllundqu
01-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Is anyone surprised? Really?

Rubio was nothing from the get go... anyone who thought Rubio was our knight in hispanic shining armor is pretty sad...

Romulus
01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Open borders is the agenda, it will be sold upon us, whether we agree that a natural right is to immigrate everywhere, reality dictates differently. The agenda is put in place and the people are expected to embrace it or have it force upon us.

loveableteddybear
01-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Good thing Rand is on the band-wagon...

Petar
01-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Good thing Rand is on the band-wagon...

We don't quite know that yet.

loveableteddybear
01-29-2013, 02:10 PM
We don't quite know that yet.
He said he was bro.

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
I thought Rubio was smarter than this. He apparently was not paying attention back when Bush and McCain tried to shove this through back in 07/08. Latching on his name to this monstrosity would torpedo whatever conservative credentials he tried to portray. Good for us though. Anyone up for a Levin listening party tonight?

phill4paul
01-29-2013, 02:15 PM
They are floating the idea of bringing minorities into the party. It's been much talked about about how the party is to move forward. This should be interesting to watch.

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2013, 02:15 PM
He said he was bro.
He said he was interested in developing his own version of an immigration bill, likely to counter this inevitable yet miserable attempt by repubics to head off the prez. Obviously, Rand is busy with his foreign policy agenda and is just sitting back laughing at Rubio all the way to the bank.

Acala
01-29-2013, 02:17 PM
The Republican power structure thinks this simple-minded ploy to woo Hispanic voters will give them a chance to run another phony conservative and win.

cajuncocoa
01-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Maybe he's just sending signals to pro-amnesty activists....after he gets elected, surely it will become apparent that he didn't really believe that stuff. Right? :rolleyes:

phill4paul
01-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Maybe he's just sending signals to pro-amnesty activists....after he gets elected, surely it will become apparent that he didn't really believe that stuff. Right? :rolleyes:

I see what you did there.

Brett85
01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
These people are still a pretty small minority within the Republican Party. I doubt if this will hurt Rubio among rank and file Republican voters very much.

Brett85
01-29-2013, 02:22 PM
It's said that this bill includes an employer verification system. Wouldn't Rand vote against that? That's something Ron was always strongly opposed to. It just seems like another federal power grab to me.

Romulus
Mainline R's think that if they become D's they'll win. True story.

FSP-Rebel
http://i49.tinypic.com/rwozkp.jpg

Brett85
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Mainline R's think that if they become D's they'll win. True story.

A lot of them think they have to pander to Hispanics to win. I'm not sure whether that strategy would help them win Hispanic voters or not.

Wolverine302
01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
People, ideas, money, goods and services should travel freely between nations.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-29-2013, 02:25 PM
One would think Republicans are against amnesty and illegal immigration, but then why did McCain and Mitt 'sanctuary mansion' Romney win?

itshappening
01-29-2013, 02:26 PM

Unlikely, this will require a vote and therefore he will be on the record.

For what it's worth Sen. Lee came out against the plan and he's close to Rand and other self-styled 'conservatives' in the Senate

Lucille
01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
I thought Rubio was smarter than this. He apparently was not paying attention back when Bush and McCain tried to shove this through back in 07/08. Latching on his name to this monstrosity would torpedo whatever conservative credentials he tried to portray. Good for us though. Anyone up for a Levin listening party tonight?

Marco Rubio and Mark Levin’s ‘Lightbulb’
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/marco-rubio-and-mark-levins-lightbulb/

The lesson here is that you can easily lasso paper tigers like Levin. The trick is to get them to redirect toward Obama the hatred they previously directed toward your impure legislative thoughts. Then a “lightbulb” will go off.

Well played, Marco Rubio. Well played.

Levin will accept it from Rubio, because they both love Bushbama's endless wars.

The Republican power structure thinks this simple-minded ploy to woo Hispanic voters will give them a chance to run another phony conservative and win.

Rubio doesn’t “have a way” to broaden the GOP’s demographic appeal. The instinct to turn to Rubio primarily because of his ethnicity reeks of desperation (http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/no-marco-rubio-is-not-the-answer/), which is hardly appealing, and it announces to rank-and-file voters that party and movement leaders want to resume fruitless efforts to pander to groups that are supposedly “natural” Republicans.

itshappening
01-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Levin isn't on board with it at all, he's been questioning it but interviewed him and was polite.

I dont think any of the talk hosts are on board they're just being nice to Rubio.

phill4paul
01-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Levin isn't on board with it at all, he's been questioning it but interviewed him and was polite.

I dont think any of the talk hosts are on board they're just being nice to Rubio.

Same with Rand. They have to walk a fine line until they are told who the anointed one is.

itshappening
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Same with Rand. They have to walk a fine line until they are told who the anointed one is.

They're being careful on immigration and the moves by Rubio to sell it to them because their audience aren't buying it, i.e look at the conservative websites it's amnesty and they're not happy.

I haven't listened to Levin for a few days but last I heard he was going on about how nothing good will come from a gang of senators that includes Durbin and Schumer.

loveableteddybear
01-29-2013, 02:44 PM
These people are still a pretty small minority within the Republican Party. I doubt if this will hurt Rubio among rank and file Republican voters very much.
Rank and filers do whatever the NWO media tells them. It has ZERO to do with issues.

phill4paul
01-29-2013, 02:45 PM
They're being careful on immigration and the moves by Rubio to sell it to them because their audience aren't buying it, i.e look at the conservative websites it's amnesty and they're not happy.

I haven't listened to Levin for a few days but last I heard he was going on about how nothing good will come from a gang of senators that includes Durbin and Schumer.

Agreed. Rubio is testing the waters. In his favor is that he is doing it now. There will be plenty of time to re-brand if the numbers aren't coming in right on the issue.

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2013, 03:06 PM
They are floating the idea of bringing minorities into the party. It's been much talked about about how the party is to move forward. This should be interesting to watch.

Everyone is welcome in the liberty movement, more than any other movement.

The GOP plan of catering has not worked, and will never work. The Democrats are far better at propagandizing race and ethnicity. Just putting up a Hispanic Republican against a Hispanic Democrat in an election in a Democrat dominated area will never work either. People will not change their vote or Party affiliation based on that.

This is all playing right into the Democrats plans.

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Wolf Blitzer is praising Rubio on CNN right now.

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Wolf Blitzer is praising Rubio on CNN right now.
Hopefully someone can get a visual/audio snapshot of that kiss of death.

phill4paul
01-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Everyone is welcome in the liberty movement, more than any other movement.

The GOP plan of catering has not worked, and will never work. The Democrats are far better at propagandizing race and ethnicity. Just putting up a Hispanic Republican against a Hispanic Democrat in an election in a Democrat dominated area will never work either. People will not change their vote or Party affiliation based on that.

This is all playing right into the Democrats plans.

Agreed.

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2013, 03:13 PM
One would think Republicans are against amnesty and illegal immigration, but then why did McCain and Mitt 'sanctuary mansion' Romney win?

It's all Democrat propaganda and race baiting. There is a wide variety of views on immigration in both the Democrat and Republican Parties. The establishment in both Parties fully support it, for their own selfish agendas. Most people have nuanced views, which don't equate to open borders or closed borders.

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Hopefully someone can get a visual/audio snapshot of that kiss of death.

Should be easy. Can't recall ever seeing anyone in the mainstream media on either the right or left do anything but praise him.

ravedown
01-29-2013, 03:22 PM
fwiw-limbaugh spent an hour this morning polishing rubios balls. he's totally on board. looks like rubio/paul 2016

itshappening
01-29-2013, 03:28 PM
The fact is low income immigrants want free stuff and will vote Democrat just like the current crop who are doing it now.

No amount of pandering to them will work.

It's like how Jewish people are overwhelmingly liberal and in the Democrat column despite the GOP sucking up to Israel, they will never vote for them in large numbers.

jtap
01-29-2013, 03:29 PM
fwiw-limbaugh spent an hour this morning polishing rubios balls. he's totally on board. looks like rubio/paul 2016

so now that's he's all polished, he is the knight in hispanic shiny armor I heard about earlier?

Is anyone surprised? Really?

Rubio was nothing from the get go... anyone who thought Rubio was our knight in hispanic shining armor is pretty sad...

itshappening
01-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Rush is a usful idiot, they're trying to soften up his audience but it's not working.

Rubio is also now saying he will vote against something he doesn't like, so he's walking back a bit and trying to cover himself.

You're either for amnesty or you're not. He seems for it as long as DHS (which Obama runs) certifies border security. Like that matters.

My bet is that he will vote No against whatever comes in the senate because from the comments I can see people are not happy. Then they will praise him even more!

dinosaur
01-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Rush is a usful idiot, they're trying to soften up his audience but it's not working.

Rubio is also now saying he will vote against something he doesn't like, so he's walking back a bit and trying to cover himself.

You're either for amnesty or you're not. He seems for it as long as DHS (which Obama runs) certifies border security. Like that matters.

My bet is that he will vote No against whatever comes in the senate because from the comments I can see people are not happy. Then they will praise him even more!

Ugh, you got my hopes up for nothing. They don't have an unlimited supply of '16 contenders. I wish this one would just be out already.

itshappening
01-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Ugh, you got my hopes up for nothing. They don't have an unlimited supply of '16 contenders. I wish this one would just be out already.

Relax, he's still making a fool of himself if he's out selling it and then votes against it. He looks even more transparent and discredited.

The Goat
01-29-2013, 03:47 PM
immigration doesn't matter. Who ever says they'll kill the most brown people will get the republican nod. Our mission is and has always been to change conservatives minds on foreign policy. That is the only way forward, and IMO Rand is doing a decent job of it.

Pisces
01-29-2013, 11:50 PM
I've been reading some of the Rubio threads on different conservative forums and the OP is right. His "charm offensive" is not going over well. As one commenter said, "He's not very charming, but he sure is offensive."

This is my favorite comment by far though (from Hot Air):

I could only listen to 30 seconds of Rubio with Rush. There was too much lying and worming to continue. Rubio, the slug, is dishonest, stupid and annoying as all get-out. His cr@p about “immigration” when he’s talking about illegals is a typical leftist tactic. He is no conservative and should be given an electric shock every time he tries to claim that he knows something about conservativism. He’s a worm. A gnat. A turd. And a big, fat liar who just wants to bring tribalism to America as the left has always worked towards.

Rubio needs to resign and go away. I don’t care who takes his Senate seat. Anyone or anything would be an improvement over that dishonest, imbecilic, retarded sack of sh!t. Every word out of his mouth is either part of a lie or something incredibly stupid.

Salt the Rubio slug!

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM

XTreat
01-30-2013, 01:07 AM

You mean like it destroyed McCain's chances of being the GOP nominee?

fr33
01-30-2013, 01:13 AM
You are reading right winger comments on the internet. They don't represent what you think they do. This same trash talk goes on for people like McCain, Romney, and Rubio. But it's just talk and has very little effect when it's time to vote.

purplechoe
01-30-2013, 02:45 AM

I disagree with the "Rush is a useful idiot." He understands how the system works and supports it. Hannity on the other hand is a useful idiot. He supports the system through his ignorance...

itshappening
01-30-2013, 06:21 AM
You missed the Mark Levin listening party last night...

He had Sessions on from Alabama and Rubio. At the end a caller wasn't happy that he was soft with his "cohort" Rubio. I LOL'd, Levin went off at him.

marklevinshow.com

Occam's Banana
01-30-2013, 06:33 AM
You missed the Mark Levin listening party last night...

Well, damn! How could I have let that happen?

Oh, wait ... I know how ...

itshappening
01-30-2013, 06:35 AM
He was also bashing David Brooks and "Neo-Statists" in the GOP.

Pretty good, though they never accept war is the health of the state. One day...

Bastiat's The Law
01-30-2013, 07:25 AM
He was also bashing David Brooks and "Neo-Statists" in the GOP.

Pretty good, though they never accept war is the health of the state. One day...
All these neo-clowns never served either.

itshappening
01-30-2013, 10:44 AM
More comments on Sen. Rubio

-
RefudiateGOPe

I don't think Rubio is a Tea Party favorite. The TP got behind him because they were against Charlie Crist. Rubio turned his back on the TP. He even refused to be on the same stage with Palin at the Florida Republican Party Dinner.

truthnstuff

Rubio has been adopting, slowly but surely, the PC language of the Dems, and pandering to the cretin class for approval. It appears that the RINO establishment has promised him a 2016 shot if adopts the McCain and Romney compromise, let's all get along rhetoric. It will be interesting to see if they start trashing Ted Cruz, who still has a set and tells it like it is.

The Real Royal Emperor

Marc O'Rubio has never been anything but a shameless political opportunist. The tea leaves have long since stopped giving favorable forecasts about the Tee Partee. O'Rubio's political future may well depend upon how much distance he can put between himself and the Tee Partee'ers. Frankly, I personally think it is all for naught. O'Rubio is not that terribly impressive. He stumbled badly on his largely fictional autobiography. The South Florida Cuban Wing of the Republican Party is decimated. It voted in strong numbers for President Obama.

DavidinVirginia

Rubio is only a Tea Party favorite because they've not paid much attention to his actual positions (he's mostly a straight up, vanilla, inside-the-beltway establishment Republican). Yeah, he seems to be a nice guy, and he's got a great "life story" but his position on this - amnesty for criminals or whatever euphemism you'd care to substitute, but that's what it is - and on many other issues make him much more a part of the McCain faux-GOP than he is a part of the Tea Party movement or the conservative movement. Sorry, but this dog won't hunt for me in 2016, I don't care how pretty he is or how telegenic.

DQUIXOTE

It is a joke to think that obummer would ever enforce border security even if it is passed into law. He refuses to enforce the current laws on the subject.
Rubio has sold us out.

daeghrefn

Sorry, Rubio's a non-starter, regardless of the attempts to anoint him with that Romneyish "inevitability" aura (and my, isn't it early to install a Next In Line?). Immigration is going to be Rubio's RomneyCare. Won't work this time, folks. The rubes have wised up.

AlienRants

Rubio is wrong on amnesty and wrong on streamlining chain migration.
And he's short on details (as is Obama) because they don't want to talk about the negatives until they can pass a bill in the middle of the night using procedural tricks.
You cannot run this stinker past the American people because...well, because it stinks.
As for Rush, he shows his blowhard self-importance by not standing up to Rubio. Such theater only diminishes Limbaugh's reputation.

supermario21
01-30-2013, 10:47 AM
I'll add this. Hannity is just showing his true colors when he comes out in support of immigration reform just b/c Rubio likes it. Most of the grassroots conservatives, however, aren't falling for it.

talkingpointes
01-30-2013, 10:56 AM
When was Rubio anything other then a government real estate power broker ? It's Happening, you have an incredibly mediocre system for judgement in character. I'm not trying to be offensive, but seriously Rubio - was ok at some point ?

itshappening
01-30-2013, 11:07 AM
When was Rubio anything other then a government real estate power broker ? It's Happening, you have an incredibly mediocre system for judgement in character. I'm not trying to be offensive, but seriously Rubio - was ok at some point ?

No, he was never ok. He's a career politician (county commission->Florida house->Senate). I'm pasting comments from conservative websites.

Cowlesy
01-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Rubio knows where his bread is buttered. Guy is a classic establishment, mainstream career politician in the making.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/30/rubio-selling-miami-home-moving-family-to-dc/

talkingpointes
01-30-2013, 11:21 AM
No, he was never ok. He's a career politician (county commission->Florida house->Senate). I'm pasting comments from conservative websites.

Are we in the business of hosting MSM opinions for anything other then criticism? Like I said no offense.

surf
01-30-2013, 11:59 AM
i'm so tired of "talk show hosts." this Rubio douchebag is another f#cking Florida warmonger.

this immigration talk is the proverbial squirrel ("look! A squirrel!")

The Free Hornet
01-30-2013, 03:22 PM
They’re not “undocumented”, they’re illegal. Quit using the watered-down terms of the left.

Actually, I'm sure most people have documentation. As for "illegal", you're illegal! Ever hear of "3 felonies a day (http://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594035229)"?

As for "of the left", I doubt you can provide consistent or meaningful definitions of "right" vs "left" especially as you promote statist sovereignty over individual sovereignty. "left" or "right" typically says more about the writer than the subject. How about "Quit using the water-down terms of sloppy thinkers."?

I don't know why anybody would want to live anywhere on the whole effing planet but for the lack of viable options elsewhere. Don't get your panties in a bunch over where people live. Maybe somebody will return the favor and leave you in peace some day.