PDA

View Full Version : Cary Grove High School Drill To Include Shooting Blanks In Hallways

sailingaway
01-29-2013, 11:42 AM
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/cary-grove-drill-to-include-shooting-blanks-in-hallways/

Something tells me this falls into the category of 'Boys Just Want To Have Fun'....

jkr
01-29-2013, 11:48 AM
brandon lee

phill4paul
01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/cary-grove-drill-to-include-shooting-blanks-in-hallways/

Something tells me this falls into the category of 'Boys Just Want To Have Fun'....

I dunno. The conspiracy theorist in me says it is indoctrination. OK, OK, I'm a kook that is destroying the Liberty Movement (TM) so don't even start. :p

Lesson: Guns are bad. Guns are scary. They make loud noises and you should fear them and if you ever encounter one run and hide and wait for those in authority to come to your rescue.

There is absolutely NO reason for them to be firing blanks during an exercise in a school environment that, odds on, will NEVER see a mass shooting.

pcosmar
01-29-2013, 12:36 PM
“in an effort to provide our teachers and students some familiarity with the sound of gunfire.”

Conditioning.

n. Psychology
A process of behavior modification by which a subject comes to associate a desired behavior with a previously unrelated stimulus.

any questions?

dannno
01-29-2013, 12:40 PM
“They run fire drills all the time, but they don’t run up and down the hallway with a flamethrower.”

:D

AFPVet
01-29-2013, 01:12 PM
This is beyond stupid.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-29-2013, 01:13 PM

You're quite a bit more optimistic than I am.

Working Poor
01-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Damnit to hell

sailingaway
01-29-2013, 01:33 PM
I dunno. The conspiracy theorist in me says it is indoctrination. OK, OK, I'm a kook that is destroying the Liberty Movement (TM) so don't even start. :p

Lesson: Guns are bad. Guns are scary. They make loud noises and you should fear them and if you ever encounter one run and hide and wait for those in authority to come to your rescue.

There is absolutely NO reason for them to be firing blanks during an exercise in a school environment that, odds on, will NEVER see a mass shooting.

This isn't Chicago city. I know this area. I'd expect a LOT of the houses there to have guns, people hunt. It's relatively rural. I think they were going to have a drill and someone said 'hey, wouldn't it be cool if we shot real blanks? I bet I know where I can get a gun that shoots blanks!' and the principal brightened up and said 'Yeah! That would make it more interesting for everybody!"

But maybe I just have too much faith in human nature.

I guess it could be exactly what you said, the enlightened administration showing these poor hicks how bad guns really are.

Except about 60% of the guys there, I would bet have been hunting, at the high school level....

and if so, they're just going to think "Damn, and they won't even let us bring guns to school to defend ourselves!"

phill4paul
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
This isn't Chicago city. I know this area. I'd expect a LOT of the houses there to have guns, people hunt. It's relatively rural. I think they were going to have a drill and someone said 'hey, wouldn't it be cool if we shot real blanks? I bet I know where I can get a gun that shoots blanks!' and the principal brightened up and said 'Yeah! That would make it more interesting for everybody!"

But maybe I just have too much faith in human nature.

I guess it could be exactly what you said, the enlightened administration showing these poor hicks how bad guns really are.

Except about 60% of the guys there, I would bet have been hunting, at the high school level....

and if so, they're just going to think "Damn, and they won't even let us bring guns to school to defend ourselves!"

Well, you're more than likely right.