PDA

View Full Version : Morningland Dairy raided and another family business destroyed

libertyjam
01-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Published on Jan 26, 2013 ON YOUTUBE

Correction: In this original title caption it was reported 39 tons of inventory were confiscated. That number was incorrect. The exact weight of inventory confiscated was 36,420 LBS or 18.2 tons, NOT 39. I apologize for that. I am going to keep this original video up but make sure that correct number is reported per this disclaimer. Thank You.

Moriningland Dairy, a family business that has been in operation for over 30 years without a single complaint or report of any illness has ceased today. The over two year battle they've had with the Missouri Milk Board ended today with a raid and confiscation of over 250 thousand dollars of inventory seized by the state. As a result of the legal stipulations put on Morningland Dairy which are impossible to comply with they will no longer be able to produce their product.
The real crime they are being persecuted for is producing cheese with raw milk. Whether the state wants to admit it or not that is what their real charge is and that in itself is criminal.
This should be the shot heard 'round the rural world. What has been done to this family is a travesty of justice. Their livelihood has been destroyed. These are good people who ran an honest business. How much more tyranny will we tolerate before we tell the state, Enough!

If we would have had a strong Constitutionally minded Sheriff in Howell County Missouri this would never have been allowed to happen. Sheriff Mike Shannon, where were you? Why didn't you return any calls or emails? Why did you send your deputies to assist in this theft? We would like some answers.

For more on Morningland you can do a simple search on the search engine of your choice or follow this link.

http://truthfarmer.com/2013/01/18/morningland-dairy-the-final-solution/

Here is a video made from that day of the Howell County Missouri Sheriff's Department

http://youtu.be/MqSJKPW9-tA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=di_7aBLVn3Q

jkr
01-29-2013, 11:47 AM
the WAR on AMERICANS

shane77m
01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
When people have finally had enough of being pushed around it is going to be very bad.

kathy88
01-29-2013, 12:01 PM
I've been semi-following this. So damn sad. Where's the outrage? If there were small furry animals involved there'd be a fucking riot.

PursuePeace
01-29-2013, 12:07 PM
"I'm just doing my job."

"If you participate in the destruction then you are as guilty as everyone else.."

Uncheese Party: http://morninglanddairy.webs.com/donationsuncheeseparty.htm

From the link (http://uncheeseparty.wordpress.com/) at the bottom of the page:

Morningland Dairy is under orders to destroy 50,000 lbs of cheese. Since they can’t sell it, friends and supporters are rallying to sponsor this cheese, so the family won’t lose their farm. That is why it is called an uncheese party. By sponsoring a cheese you are making a non-tax deductible gift of love, aid and comfort to a farm in distress.

To be clear, the government will not let you have this cheese, but The Uncheese Party is being held by friends of Morningland Dairy, to make sure the farmers will still make the money they have earned. Your generosity will keep this farm alive, or it will surely be driven out of business by the actions of the ‘food police’.

Lucille
01-29-2013, 12:08 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?402390-Morningland-Cheese-to-Be-Destroyed

The Milk Board shut down Morningland’s manufacturing operation and ordered all cheese at the facility embargoed on August 26, 2010 after receiving a report from the California Department of Food and Agriculture that Morningland cheese seized in a raid of the Rawesome food club in Venice, California in June 2010 had tested positive for Listeria monocytogenes and Staphyloccocus aureus. Not a single block of cheese in the warehouse had the same batch number as the cheese seized in the Rawesome raid. A Milk Board inspector initially told Joe Dixon that he would only be shut down for a few days—but that changed when FDA stepped up their involvement in the case a short time later and pressured the Milk Board not to let Morningland resume their operations.
[...]
Neither the Milk Board nor FDA ever tested any of the cheese stored at Morningland. FDA did take 100 environmental swabs at the facility, all of which tested negative for listeria. There was no accusation that any cheese Morningland produced had made anyone sick; there had never been any reported illness from the consumption of Morningland products in the thirty years the farmstead cheese operation had been in business.

The Morningland case was about FDA’s agenda to restrict access to raw dairy products with the eventual goal of banning them. The agency doesn’t hesitate in sacrificing a business like the Dixons’ in order to move its agenda along.

http://www.farmtoconsumer.org/news_wp/?p=3981

BSWPaulsen
01-29-2013, 12:24 PM
It is things like this that make hating the State a thoroughly legitimate behavior. Assholes, the lot of them. All the way up to the punk in charge of the mess - Obama.

The problem with the USA, and why this gets tolerated, is because there is a general lack of empathy for our fellow man. We (meaning the collective that is called "The United States of America") do not stand for the rights of people when it doesn't represent our interests. The only group that seems to care about the rights of the individual is us, the liberty minded folks. There is clearly not enough of us.

Expatriate
01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
I keep noticing people online making fun of libertarians for defending raw milk, implying that we're all into drinking it or something. Maybe some of us are just anti-theft, anti-terrorizing of families, and anti-destroying-small-businesses.

I personally dislike milk, and raw milk sounds just as nasty to me as the pasteurized stuff. The only dairy product I eat is cheese sometimes. But even though I have no interest in the product, I have a serious problem with the fact that an armed gang goes around using money they stole from us to break down doors, destroy family businesses and stamp out a natural free-market demand for a locally produced product in the name of health regulations, which oddly enough just happen to be a lot easier to comply with if you're a huge corporation that lobbies the government and pumps its cows full of experimental hormones that are prob. far more dangerous and less understood than anything in raw milk.

Argh, it's like when I did a presentation in college opposing drug prohibition and everyone assumed I was a pothead. How odd that someone could support the right to do something that they are not even interested in, huh?

dannno
01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
I keep noticing people online making fun of libertarians for defending raw milk, implying that we're all into drinking it or something. Maybe some of us are just anti-theft, anti-terrorizing of families, and anti-destroying-small-businesses.

I personally dislike milk, and raw milk sounds just as nasty to me as the pasteurized stuff. The only dairy product I eat is cheese sometimes. But even though I have no interest in the product, I have a serious problem with the fact that an armed gang goes around using money they stole from us to break down doors, destroy family businesses and stamp out a natural free-market demand for a locally produced product in the name of health regulations, which oddly enough just happen to be a lot easier to comply with if you're a huge corporation that lobbies the government and pumps its cows full of experimental hormones that are prob. far more dangerous and less understood than anything in raw milk.

Argh, it's like when I did a presentation in college opposing drug prohibition and everyone assumed I was a pothead. How odd that someone could support the right to do something that they are not even interested in, huh?

You should try some raw milk some time, you might surprise yourself. It's way better than pasteurized milk.

Kelly.
01-29-2013, 01:59 PM
shit like this happens all the time!

check out more here:
http://farmageddonmovie.com/

welcome to america where there are more prisoners than farmers.

puppetmaster
01-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Yep...just following orders

James Madison
01-29-2013, 03:11 PM

Man has been drinking milk, including that from cattle, for ages. Pasteurization was a great thing back in the 19th Century when the cause of illness wasn't known to much of the population. Now, it provides an excuse to market low-quality milk from over-worked cows. This was a problem in the 50s when manufactures began looking for a way to mass-produce milk, which couldn't be performed on a large scale without reducing the quality of the product. The answer was to pump 'em up with antibiotics, growth-hormones, and everything else unnatural and just heat the thing to death. Any health concerns regarding the consumption of milk contaminated with blood, puss, or mucous are hand-waved thanks to pasteurization.