PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry with only 4% of the vote in Texas GOP primary (full results tomorrow)

Anti-Neocon
01-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Stay tuned at http://twitter.com/ppppolls.

This should give a good indication as to the state of the national race, with Texas not being a heavily advertised place, and no strong home state contenders. The Florida poll showed Rand at 5%, so I'd be hoping for 7% or higher here for Rand. Double digits would be fantastic, but I wouldn't count on it yet.

Brett85
01-28-2013, 11:49 PM
The polls so far have been disappointing, considering how Rand has been bending over backwards to try to appeal to GOP rank and file voters.

Pisces
01-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Rand grew up in Lake Jackson, Texas and attended Baylor University in Waco. He's sort of a home state contender.

fr33
01-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Rick Perry threatened to perform the biggest govt land grab in US history. (TTC) Had he not dropped it before his last re-election, you would have seen violent disobedience and he knew it. That's why he dropped it. Texas is chock full of Republican drones but they don't like Rick Perry. They just aren't smart enough to see that the Republican party is evil. The party lies to them and they buy it.

Pisces
01-29-2013, 12:11 AM
Rick Perry threatened to perform the biggest govt land grab in US history. (TTC) Had he not dropped it before his last re-election, you would have seen violent disobedience and he knew it. That's why he dropped it. Texas is chock full of Republican drones but they don't like Rick Perry. They just aren't smart enough to see that the Republican party is evil. The party lies to them and they buy it.

His performance in the debates embarassed the state. His embrace of Dewhurst in the Senate race has hurt him as well.

supermario21
01-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Remember last time Gov. Perry's primary opponent came from his left with Kay Bailey Hutchison. He likely wouldn't face such a luxury next time.

Pisces
01-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Remember last time Gov. Perry's primary opponent came from his left with Kay Bailey Hutchison. He likely wouldn't face such a luxury next time.

I've heard it said that our attorney general Greg Abbott wants to run for governor. He would probably run to the right of Perry and he is quite popular.

sailingaway
01-29-2013, 09:05 AM
The polls so far have been disappointing, considering how Rand has been bending over backwards to try to appeal to GOP rank and file voters.

He's been in the media a lot lately, and Rubio and Ryan just backed that as yet unknown (but widely apprehended) immigration plan. Depending on when PPP made their calls, both of those points could be big factors.

Jeremy
01-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Rand grew up in Lake Jackson, Texas and attended Baylor University in Waco. He's sort of a home state contender.

No because no one knew him then. Maybe Ron will help though.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-29-2013, 10:45 AM

They seem alright with me. Rand Paul isn't Christie, the media doesn't talk about him 24/7. Ron Paul would have killed to have Rand Paul's current polling numbers in 2005.

Wonder how many low-information votes think "R. Paul" is Ron, when they're being polled?

klamath
01-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Yeaw and the libertarian party is nothing but abortionists, pedephiles, necrophiacs, stoners, ETC.:rolleyes:

brandon
01-29-2013, 11:09 AM
SHould probably add "presidential" to the title because I had no clue what this was about. At first I thought you were saying that a gubernatorial primary just happened and Perry lost.

Anti-Neocon
01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
I can't do that (only mods can), but it shouldn't be that confusing cause it's in the Rand Paul forum.

Uriah
01-29-2013, 12:45 PM

Most people don't pay attention. Activists and political junkies are the only people paying attention right now. 1 out of 20 is fine at this point.