PDA

View Full Version : McCain: immigration bill must include amnesty

Agorism
01-28-2013, 10:13 PM
McCain: Comprehensive Immigration Reform Must Include Path To Citizenship

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/01/27/1500841/mccain-immigration-citizenship/

McCain said that Sens. Bob Menendez (D-NJ), Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Lindsay Graham (R-SC), Dick Durbin (D-IL), and others will be working on the legislation. The exact outline of what will be in the bill is unclear, but McCain said the Senators will announce its key “principles” this week..

Philhelm
01-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Will any firearm related bills include amnesty...?

LibertyEagle
01-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Go to hell, McCain.

MikeStanart
01-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Go to hell, McCain.

Perfect comment to accommodate your Avatar. :D

fr33
01-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Amnesty is liberation.

brushfire
01-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Amnesty is liberation.

..But the welfare state is not - unfortunately, I dont know how the 2 can coexist.
It seems based on the current conditions, it cannot.

I am not for amnesty.

Brett85
01-28-2013, 10:49 PM
I hope that Rand doesn't vote for this. He's said that he's open to a path to citizenship, but it wouldn't be good for him politically to vote for a bill like this in my opinion.

fr33
01-28-2013, 11:13 PM
..But the welfare state is not - unfortunately, I dont know how the 2 can coexist.
It seems based on the current conditions, it cannot.

I am not for amnesty.
Welfare is a separate topic.

Free immigration is free market economics

I know well enough how hard it is to hire citizens for agriculture work. None of our kids aspire to hold those jobs. The new American dream is to have no wishes to produce anything tangible. Just a pencil-pushing scam in which debt is wealth.

Agorism
01-28-2013, 11:16 PM

I know well enough how hard it is to hire citizens for agriculture work. None of our kids aspire to hold those jobs. The new American dream is to have no wishes to produce anything tangible. Just a pencil-pushing scam in which debt is wealth.

If we don't enforce the law breaking as in we allow the current "defacto amnesty" as rubio calls it to continue, that's essentially the same thing you're advocating only that option doesn't keep the Democrats in office for a half century.

bolil
01-28-2013, 11:28 PM

"Our" kids are forced to live with artificially elevated costs of living and the wages offered will not sustain them. I love manual labor, it is weird perhaps, but I love working my balls off for that sweet muscle pain, a couple dollars, and a cold beer but I can't do it at the wages some can, because I don't have the ability to work cheap during summer and live cheaper during winter.

Inflation is a beotch.

brushfire
01-28-2013, 11:31 PM

I'm not debating the need for agricultural labor. I'm sure that there's a place for everyone to work. I'm also not debating what free immigration is - I understand these principles. What I'm trying to say is that one cannot ignore the welfare state.

Currently, we have immigrants coming over the border, not for the work, but for the welfare. The net result should be apparent.
I live in IL - we have a lot of illegal immigrants in my state (IL is a sanctuary state). So I am familiar with this topic as well.

To your original point though, there was a time when the US had open immigration - we did do quite well. That time, however, predates the welfare state.

fr33
01-28-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm not debating the need for agricultural labor. I'm sure that there's a place for everyone to work. I'm also not debating what free immigration is - I understand these principles. What I'm trying to say is that one cannot ignore the welfare state.

Currently, we have immigrants coming over the border, not for the work, but for the welfare. The net result should be apparent.
I live in IL - we have a lot of illegal immigrants in my state (IL is a sanctuary state). So I am familiar with this topic as well.

To your original point though, there was a time when the US had open immigration - we did do quite well. That time, however, predates the welfare state.

The welfare argument is important enough that we should be lobbying for that to be addressed before amnesty. I agree.

Agorism
01-28-2013, 11:46 PM
The welfare argument is important enough that we should be lobbying for that to be addressed before amnesty. I agree.

But with the current status they aren't getting amnesty and they aren't getting welfare (for the most part), and yet they can work peacefully.