PDA

View Full Version : ...

tangent4ronpaul
01-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Didn't catch where. News doesn't have any details other than police on scene.

-t

ghengis86
01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
A few more of these and the no-way-in-hell gun ban will pass with ease

pcosmar
01-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Mass shooting? or
robbery
lovers quarrel
pissed off employee
drug gangs Street or Corporate
?????

Michigan11
01-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Seems any shooting will now be labelled a 'mass shooting', new terminology in order to get these gun bans passed. First came hillary care then for years it was the topic of every politician to address healthcare which then became Obamacare. I think the same is going to happen here now, and the final bill will be jammed in some how, but now the governemnt is acting much faster so I would think we have a few years at best possibly?

tod evans
01-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Mass shooting? or
robbery
lovers quarrel
pissed off employee
drug gangs Street or Corporate
?????

Doesn't matter, can't let a perfectly good tragedy go to waste.........

Aeroneous
01-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Nearly all medical facilities are gun free zones... what a shocker.

LibForestPaul
01-28-2013, 06:36 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/video/allston-stabbing-bostons-first-murder-230600149.html

damnit, only guns kill people

coastie
01-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Hmm, not a peep on any of the national news stations/google news yet...

Sola_Fide
01-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Nearly all medical facilities are gun free zones... what a shocker.

Thank God for sane people like Thomas Massie:

WASHINGTON – Congressman Thomas Massie (R-KY) introduced H.R. 133, the Citizens Protection Act of 2013, which would repeal the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990.

The bill, originally introduced by Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) in 2007, repeals the Gun Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) of 1990, which made it “unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe is a school zone.” In 1995, the Supreme Court held the GFSZA unconstitutional, which prompted Congress to amend the bill in 1996. The Supreme Court has not ruled on the constitutionality of the amended Act.

“Gun free school zones are ineffective. They make people less safe by inviting criminals into target-rich, no-risk environments,” said Massie. “Gun free zones prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves, and create vulnerable populations that are targeted by criminals.”

Massie’s bill comes on the heels of mounting pressure from President Obama and others for heightened gun restrictions.

Representative Massie concluded: “A bigger federal government can’t solve this problem. Weapons bans and gun free zones are unconstitutional. They do not and cannot prevent criminals or the mentally ill from committing acts of violence. But they often prevent victims of such violence from protecting themselves.”

tangent4ronpaul
01-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Yeah - weird. FOX announced it right before I posted and haven't heard a peep since.

-t

kathy88
01-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Where did you see it Tangent?

sailingaway
01-28-2013, 06:55 PM
I'd really suggest we not HELP the left sensationalize this with this sort of headline, since everytime someone comments it bumps it as a headline in google search. We KNOW they are just choosing to put all this in the media now and KNOW the statistics, rather than anecdotal information.

But I think this is all to let each rally their own side on while they pass whatever immigration bill Obama is introducing tomorrow, personally. Each side gets to look tough.

dannno
01-28-2013, 06:58 PM
I'd really suggest we not HELP the left sensationalize this with this sort of headline, since everytime someone comments it bumps it as a headline in google search. We KNOW they are just choosing to put all this in the media now and KNOW the statistics, rather than anecdotal information.

But I think this is all to let each rally their own side on while they pass whatever immigration bill Obama is introducing tomorrow, personally. Each side gets to look tough.

The Sandy Hook thread started just like this one - the OP didn't think it was even going to be that big of a deal until, well, it was.. And in the mean time we got to try and keep up with the ever changing details of the event.

pcosmar
01-28-2013, 07:01 PM

They can see a thread about "nothing ever happened" or maybe "justified homicide" , and perhaps they could learn something while their here.

Ya never know.

SeanTX
01-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Is this the "mass" shooting ? all I could find ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130128/us-medical-building-shooting/?utm_hp_ref=homepage&ir=homepage

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. — Police say a doctor has been shot and killed in a doctor's office in a Southern California medical building and a man is in police custody.

snip

Lowe says no one else was injured and it appears to be an isolated incident.

coastie
01-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Is this the "mass" shooting ? all I could find ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130128/us-medical-building-shooting/?utm_hp_ref=homepage&ir=homepage

Was just coming to post this. Not a "mass shooting", by any stretch. Normal day in gun free California.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/shot-killed-southern-calif-doctors-office-18339845

Police found a doctor dead from multiple gunshot wounds Monday in an examination room of a Southern California medical office, and took a suspect into custody in the same room, authorities said.

Police received reports at about 2:45 p.m. of six or seven shots fired at the medical office near Hoag Hospital in Orange County, Newport Beach police spokeswoman Kathy Lowe said.

Officers responding found a man dead from multiple gunshot wounds to the upper torso in a patient examination room on the building's second floor, Lowe said. They took into custody another man in the room.

fr33
01-28-2013, 08:40 PM
I don't know what anybody is talking about because the title is "..." :toady:

coastie
01-28-2013, 08:55 PM
I don't know what anybody is talking about because the title is "..." :toady:

orig title said "another mass shooting", or something to that effect.

tangent4ronpaul
01-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Where did you see it Tangent?

FOX News

-t