PDA

View Full Version : Schumer, Durbin, Menendez, McCain, Graham & Rubio reach deal on immigration

Anti Federalist
01-28-2013, 12:16 AM
Oh, OK, now I know why...

I was worried there for a minute, thought it might have been something serious.

But nothing more than a perfectly normal reaction to this news.

When this lot of fuckos come to an agreement, you can be damn sure that you are about to get a rectum-raping of some kind, thus the cold sweats, ass pain and apprehension.

Whatever this "new" plan is, rest assured, we'll be losing some more freedom some how or another.

Senators reach deal on immigration

By ERICA WERNER
Associated Press / January 28, 2013

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/2013/01/28/senators-reach-deal-immigration/KYZ7Qrtx3PG9EMMvGjnw6J/story.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — A bipartisan group of senators has reached agreement on the principles of sweeping legislation to rewrite the nation’s immigration laws.

The deal being announced Monday covers border security, guest workers and employer verification, as well as a path to citizenship for the 11 million illegal immigrants already in the U.S.

With President Barack Obama also backing comprehensive immigration reform, the deal marks the start of what could be the most promising negotiations in years toward overhauling the nation’s inefficient patchwork of immigration laws.

The principles were being endorsed by eight senators, including Democrats Charles Schumer, Dick Durbin and Robert Menendez, and Republicans John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio

(What? They didn't invite Kelly Ayotte for the bukkake shot at the end of it all? - AF)

sailingaway
01-28-2013, 12:17 AM
Obama is giving a 'major speech on immigration' on Tuesday. The last bill was horrendous catering to every special interest except taxpayers who were to pay for it all. I don't expect this to be better.

sailingaway
01-28-2013, 12:18 AM
All the same, a different title might give people a better idea of your topic.

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Bob Corker was on Fox News Sunday today, and he praised Rubio several times. It was almost out of place, like he needed an excuse to say good things about him.

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Looks like Menendez took time out from his fun and games to sign on to this. Definition of a compromised politician.

sailingaway
01-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Rubio's an idiot though. He'll turn the base of the Gop against him, and even if he gets the nomination, we already saw with McCain that he won't win voters against a Dem president with it.

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Since Dan Quayle, it's become tradition in the GOP to let Bill Kristol choose the VP candidate. Rubio is a shoe-in for VP next time around.

sailingaway
01-28-2013, 12:32 AM
Since Dan Quayle, it's become tradition in the GOP to let Bill Kristol choose the VP candidate. Rubio is a shoe-in for VP next time around.

Seriously, we get a Graham/Rubio ticket and I am sleeping on Ron's doorstep until he runs LP.

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Seriously, we get a Graham/Rubio ticket and I am sleeping on Ron's doorstep until he runs LP.

Lol. Christie probably has a better chance at the top of the ticket. You never know, Primaries always have surprises.

Graham will have a magical conversion on the road to Damascus. He will come out of the closet, and convert to libertarianism. He will be the Libertarian candidate in 2016. Graham/WAR 2016.

Anti Federalist
01-28-2013, 12:57 AM
All the same, a different title might give people a better idea of your topic.

LOL - Ya think?

Just trying to liven things up around here a little bit.

I like to think my headlines are usually pretty dry and factual, so I took some creative license.

Feel free to change it, if you want.

KingRobbStark
01-28-2013, 01:05 AM
That's why I keep lube with me at all times. You never know when they might stick it in or how often.

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Feel free to change it, if you want.

New headline is not as fun. ;)

sailingaway
01-28-2013, 12:40 PM
But it is the topic. I'm certain, given the actors and the fact that 'both' establishment 2016 choices have signed onto it means both that it is vile, AND that they plan to ram it through quickly.

but I cant comment on it until I see it.

Feeding the Abscess
01-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Flake is also one of the 8.

sailingaway
01-28-2013, 12:43 PM

I'm remembering that he voted to extend the Patriot Act.

FSP-Rebel
01-28-2013, 12:44 PM
What a shame but if he's collateral damage in cohesion with Rubio outing himself as a fraud in conservative circles, I'll take it.

Anti Federalist
01-28-2013, 12:46 PM

For those interested, this was my original headline:

Oh god, I'm breaking out in a cold sweat and my ass hurts.

Confederate
01-28-2013, 12:47 PM
(What? They didn't invite Kelly Ayotte for the bukkake shot at the end of it all? - AF)

It's a circle jerk, no girls allowed.

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2013, 12:53 PM

That's unfortunate. Maybe the other Senator from his State (McCain) convinced him.

Anybody in the GOP that goes for this is a complete fool. This has been plotted by the left for years. Their agenda is to bring in as many new Democrat voters as possible. They are falsely accusing people of racism in order to achieve that goal. Sorry McCain and Flake. You will be out of jobs in the near future, unless you change Parties. Only Democrats will win in Arizona.

A Son of Liberty
01-28-2013, 01:11 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sailingaway again.

\\

jbauer
01-28-2013, 01:13 PM
That's why I keep lube with me at all times. You never know when they might stick it in or how often.

Hell lube is in short supply latley...kinda like ammo

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2013, 01:59 PM

They just did the press conference. A gathering of the most compromised, disingenuous Senators one could find. Makes one wonder why Flake would be up there with them?

(It should be noted that Flake seems to be completely sold on the false theory that the GOP will be able to "buy" Hispanic votes with this legislation. Sorry Flake, this will not turn Democrats into Republicans.).

Feeding the Abscess
01-28-2013, 02:07 PM
They just did the press conference. A gathering of the most compromised, disingenuous Senators one could find. Makes one wonder why Flake would be up there with them?

(It should be noted that Flake seems to be completely sold on the false theory that the GOP will be able to "buy" Hispanic votes with this legislation. Sorry Flake, this will not turn Democrats into Republicans.).

I can accept an argument that he signed on, wanting to be in the conversation to affect it in any way he could. But actually signing on to the final product is another, one I won't even listen to (haven't looked at the proposal, but I can't imagine it's anything but massively statist).

Occam's Banana
01-28-2013, 02:13 PM
For those interested, this was my original headline:

Oh god, I'm breaking out in a cold sweat and my ass hurts.

Or as accurate, come to think of it.

Anti Federalist
01-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Parts of the proposal sound expensive: More radio and drone surveillance, better real-time computer tracking of immigrants to ensure they don’t overstay visas and continued construction of a border fence

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/28/3204447/rubio-senate-gang-of-eight-unveil.html#storylink=cpy

Right again...

Yeah, of "immigrants"...right...

sailingaway
01-28-2013, 02:42 PM

This is the precise time on the calendar when those 'big bills' some promise to support in order to get leadership support in their races are brought up.

Just saying...