PDA

View Full Version : Harkin Will Not Seek Re-Election

tangent4ronpaul
01-26-2013, 11:37 PM
http://www.woi-tv.com/story/20715610/harking-will-not-seak-re-election

After 27 years in the United States Senate, Iowa's Junior Senator from Cumming, Tom Harkin, said that these next two years, will be his last.

At 73, Harkin has been a major voice in the disability rights movement. He says his greatest achievement was his work on the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990.

He continued that work Saturday touring and talking to staff of the SEARCH program at Iowa Methodist Hospital.

SEARCH is a nine month employment program for people with intellectual and other disabilities.

Harkin says his last two years will be dedicated to fighting for employment opportunities for the disabled.

Before the Senate, he spent 10 years in the U.S. House, and Saturday he remembered his long trip to Washington from small town Iowa.

"To think that I can then become a Congressman and a Senator and serve for 40 years. It's just something that I never would have expected as a young man. So I'm very grateful to all of my fellow Iowans for this wonderful opportunity," says Harkin.

But now that Harkin's on the way out; a huge opportunity remains for this swing state.

Iowa Democrats have a chance to field their young future candidates. While Republicans have a chance to hold both of Iowa's Senate seats if Senator Grassley (R) can get a fellow GOP member to Washington.

====
I think we just found why Walmart wants to hire veterans... FREE EMPLOYEE!!!!

The Americans with Disabilities Act also bankrupts a lot of start up companies...

It's IOWA! - probably our strongest state. Chances look good to get another RP/liberty Senator in the Senate to help Rand.

-t