PDA

View Full Version : Instagram Asking For Your Government Issued Photo IDs Now, Too

sailingaway
01-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Over the past week, a number of users of the popular photo sharing app Instagram and parent company Facebook have been locked out of their accounts and prompted by both services to upload images of their government issued photo IDs to regain access, as CNET first reported on Tuesday.

Concerned users seeking to regain account access have turned to several outlets online, including Yahoo Answers, to try and determine whether or not the prompts asking for images of their IDs are real or are hacking attempts.

TPM itself has received a number of emails and communications from users reporting that they have been abruptly locked out of their accounts and asked to provide photos of their IDs.

more at link: http://idealab.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/instagram-asking-for-users-government-issued-photo-ids-now-too.php

they lost HALF of their users in 3 days when they claimed right and ownership to the photos shared with their system -- I hope this closes them down.

Natural Citizen
01-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Why have they been locked out of their accounts? Are they saying things that the machine doesn't approve of? You know. Practicin free speech and all of that?

As was the case a while back. Actually, recently, as referenced here...

(NaturalNews) The reports are absolutely true. Facebook suspended the Natural News account earlier today after we posted an historical quote from Mohandas Gandhi. The quote reads:

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

This historical quote was apparently too much for Facebook's censors to bear. They suspended our account and gave us a "final warning" that one more violation of their so-called "community guidelines" would result in our account being permanently deactivated.

They then demanded we send them a color copy of a "government issued identification" in order to reactivate our account. Our account was removed from suspension just minutes before InfoWars posted its article on this Facebook censorship, and the Facebook page is now functioning at:
www.Facebook.com/NaturalNews (http://www.facebook.com/NaturalNews)

Anti Federalist
01-27-2013, 01:45 AM
My Face When I hear that FarceBook has gone tits up.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VHUYe-Cq_ig/Ti9us9BUwKI/AAAAAAAAAIE/NzFDEQyOfU8/s1600/19966_291291944885_291291599885_3168938_7939164_n. jpg

Don Lapre
01-27-2013, 03:16 AM
I started a thread about this a few months back - except it was Paypal.

One day I logged on and wanted to send funds.
Very routine.

But I was locked out and was told I needed to send them a copy of a gov-issued ID with a photo on it in order to be able to send funds again.

I told them that wasn't going to be happening, I want my account cancelled, and I want the funds remaining in my account (less than $25) to be wired to my bank account.

My account has not been closed and they will not refund my money to me. :rolleyes:

DamianTV
01-27-2013, 03:37 AM
My Face When I hear that FarceBook has gone tits up.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VHUYe-Cq_ig/Ti9us9BUwKI/AAAAAAAAAIE/NzFDEQyOfU8/s1600/19966_291291944885_291291599885_3168938_7939164_n. jpg

SpongeBob must have just taken a bite out of a big fat fucking Shit Sandwich because that is a Shit Eatin Grin if I've ever seen one!

---

And for the record, Instagran == FedBook / FarceBook. Then we're going to need to find a good necromancer, have him resurrect Dante so he can write in a new level of hell designed specifically for the people who have committed acts so atrocious and grievous that they adversely affect the entire human race. Top of that list: Mark Zuckerberg.

---

I started a thread about this a few months back - except it was Paypal.

One day I logged on and wanted to send funds.
Very routine.

But I was locked out and was told I needed to send them a copy of a gov-issued ID with a photo on it in order to be able to send funds again.

I told them that wasn't going to be happening, I want my account cancelled, and I want the funds remaining in my account (less than $25) to be wired to my bank account.

My account has not been closed and they will not refund my money to me. :rolleyes:

I'd suggest taking them to court. Odds are they wont show and you'll win the case by default. Even if they do show up, you'll still win because that is flat out theft.

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2013, 12:48 PM
And for the record, Instagran == FedBook / FarceBook. Then we're going to need to find a good necromancer, have him resurrect Dante so he can write in a new level of hell designed specifically for the people who have committed acts so atrocious and grievous that they adversely affect the entire human race. Top of that list: Mark Zuckerberg.

And somebody started a thread wondering if Zuckerberg would support liberty candidates... Lol.

aGameOfThrones
01-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Got to love this comment...

Tony Kaye yesterday
Not surprising being that Facebook owns Instagram now. Facebook did this to me a few months ago. I had to upload an image of my passport/drivers license to verify my account. I did so, but wasn't happy about it, and have since deleted that account. (http://gizmodo.com/5979258/instagram-is-asking-users-to-prove-their-identities-with-government-ids?post=56674851)

MRK
01-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Oh, Facebook. It's been about 7 years since I last used your service. I've never missed it. So many people can't imagine themselves without it. "But it's the only way I can keep in touch with so many of my friends!" People are so exploitable, no wonder crony corporations get away with infiltrating government and exploiting legislatures.