PDA

View Full Version : CNN Anchor Tricks Opponent Of Women In Combat To Endorse Racial Segregation

Agorism
01-26-2013, 04:05 PM
CNN Anchor Tricks Opponent Of Women In Combat To Endorse Racial Segregation

link (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/01/25/1495681/cnn-anchor-tricks-opponent-of-women-in-combat-to-endorse-racial-segregation/)

O’BRIEN: I’m going to read a little bit from this colonel who said this: ‘The army is not a sociological laboratory; to be effective it must be organized and trained according to the principles which will ensure success…Experiments are a danger to efficiency, discipline and morale and would result in ultimate defeat.’

BROWNE: I think that that’s true. I don’t think it’s true with respect to ultimate defeat of the United States in a war. I think what’s likely to occur though is the defeat of the United States in small battles, which means people are going to die. [...]

O’BRIEN: That was from a guy in 1941. And that argument was about not allowing black people in the military. That was his exact argument of why blacks should not be allowed in the military, because it’s a danger to efficiency and discipline and morale and will result in ultimate defeat.

torchbearer
01-26-2013, 04:08 PM
all meat is equal in the grinder.

acptulsa
01-26-2013, 04:10 PM
And that goes for meatheads in the media grinder, too.

jclay2
01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
These femanazis know no bounds.

oyarde
01-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Segragate ? You mean like the Progressive hero Woodrow Wilson ?? Maybe you too can get an International Center for Scholars named after you.

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-26-2013, 04:27 PM
double post

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-26-2013, 04:28 PM
I actually agree with the colonel. However, what he stated was wrong when it was used against blacks. It accurately applies to matters of sex, because there is real physical differences in the 2 anatomies. Skin color has no bearing on physical performance. Your gender, however, does. Men and women will never be equal, in regards to sex. It's not possible.

James Madison
01-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Segragate ? You mean like the Progressive hero Woodrow Wilson ?? Maybe you too can get an International Center for Scholars named after you.

Don't forget the other Progressive heroes: eugenics-supporting Teddy Roosevelt and Franklin 'Japanese Internment Camps' Roosevelt.

oyarde
01-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Don't forget the other Progressive heroes: eugenics-supporting Teddy Roosevelt and Franklin 'Japanese Internment Camps' Roosevelt.

Oh yes , they have lovely heros ....

Occam's Banana
01-26-2013, 05:27 PM
So let me get this straight - if some jackass had tried to justify racial segregation because "two plus two is equal to four", then anyone who agrees that two plus two is equal to four is a racist ... OK. Got it. :rolleyes:

BTW, does anyone recall that cable MSM twit a while back who tried to discredit some Congressman on an economics issue by suggesting that only degreed economists were qualified to speak authoritatively on economic matters - only to have it revealed that said Congressman had a degree in economics?

This Soledad O'Brien character wouldn't happen to be the same twit, would she? The name rings a bell ...

Occam's Banana
01-26-2013, 06:21 PM
So let me get this straight - if some jackass had tried to justify racial segregation because "two plus two is equal to four", then anyone who agrees that two plus two is equal to four is a racist ... OK. Got it. :rolleyes:

BTW, does anyone recall that cable MSM twit a while back who tried to discredit some Congressman on an economics issue by suggesting that only degreed economists were qualified to speak authoritatively on economic matters - only to have it revealed that said Congressman had a degree in economics?

This Soledad O'Brien character wouldn't happen to be the same twit, would she? The name rings a bell ...

Ah, here it is. I was thinking of Contessa Brewer of MSNBC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq607HQw26s

amy31416
01-26-2013, 06:40 PM
I agree that blacks should not be allowed in our military (or whites/gays/women/Asians/etc.)

If it makes me a bigot, so be it. My bigotry might save a few lives. Their "inclusiveness" makes everyone equally likely to kill or be killed for bullshit.

That CNN anchor would NEVER have someone with that point of view on, neither would Fox or NBC.

Pericles
01-26-2013, 09:21 PM
The difference between the segregated Army and the women in combat issue is that the segregated Army had black infantry regiments and white infantry regiments to integrate. Unless there have been changes of which I am unaware since I left active duty, there are no all female infantry units to "integrate".

seapilot
01-26-2013, 10:39 PM
I actually agree with the colonel. However, what he stated was wrong when it was used against blacks. It accurately applies to matters of sex, because there is real physical differences in the 2 anatomies. Skin color has no bearing on physical performance. Your gender, however, does. Men and women will never be equal, in regards to sex. It's not possible.

That's why there is still segregation with locker and rest rooms.