PDA

View Full Version : GOP 2.0 "We can be liberal too!!!"

paulbot24
01-26-2013, 10:45 AM
"After three months of denial, anger, despair and depression over the results of a bruising national election that gave Democrats an edge in Congress and kept President Barack Obama in the White House, Republicans know they must adapt if they are to move forward. You're going to see a very renewed aggressive effort by this party to put on a different face. We've got to find a way to take our message to more people and get more votes. It's not a particularly complicated formula. We got beat; we have to change what we're doing. Republicans say if that means supporting a moderate candidate who can actually win over a hardline conservative who doesn't stand a chance, so be it."

Why don't they just change their animal from an elephant to a damn RINO. Here's the rest of the article. Brace for impact.:eek:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/republicans-prepare-comeback-t-come-off-bunch-angry-180422999--election.html

kathy88
01-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Uhhhhh they tried moderate. Didn't work.

torchbearer
01-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Romney and McCain were hardline concervatives?
wtf.

acptulsa
01-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Remember when Chrysler went broke in the late 1970s? Its president Lynn Townsend issued a directive a few years before that Chrysler copy Ford and GM styling themes. He was tired of Chrysler being an Original also-ran, and thought it could do better as a carbon copy of success. It didn't. An original always does better than a second-rate copy of some other original.

Political parties are moreso than about anything else. A 1976 Plymouth may have looked like a second rate imitation of a Chevy, but it still handled better and got better gas mileage. But an imitation of the Democratic Party? When joining the real Democratic Party is, well, cheap and easy, why would anyone feel the need to skip the painting and go for the lithograph? Throw the GOP's last few remaining scraps of sanity to the dogs and you might as well carve the name Republican Party on a tombstone. That'll be the only place anyone wants to see it from that point on. What would be the point?

This stuff has no basis in reality, no rhyme, no reason. This is just the powers that be trying to make it sound like their efforts to give us a real, unvarnished one party system is what we want them to do. Those of us who actually know our own minds, and don't need propaganda to teach us what we think, know better.

TheTexan
01-26-2013, 10:57 AM
National politics is a lost fucking cause. Focus on local and state. Nullification, nullification, nullification.

BAllen
01-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Unreliable sources. That does not represent the entire party. 1. It's Yahoo 2. It's Charlotte Where was the democrap convention held?

paulbot24
01-26-2013, 11:24 AM
I hope this turns out to be untrue. It is nauseating. Worse than them masquerading like liberals is how often the article basically says they do NOT want Ron Paul Republicans in the party. They would rather try to outliberal the liberals than accept the fact that their adulterated form of Conservatism doesn't sell. They are more interested in figuring out a way to somehow get Latinos to like their old failed ideas than change their ideas. The magic Rubio name is not going to sway Latino voters that don't like their policies. They're approach is insulting. "We can't come across as bunch of angry white men" they say. So now they've decided to sound like a bunch of angry white wannabe liberal idiots instead. This is desperately pathetic.

twomp
01-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Unreliable sources. That does not represent the entire party. 1. It's Yahoo 2. It's Charlotte Where was the democrap convention held?

I don't know where you have been but Charlotte was where the RNC just had a meeting? Re-electing Priebus? Yeah I know shocking right? How could the choose a city where the Democrats had their National Convention? How could they? Oh maybe because it was just a city? The Democrats have had their national convention in cities all over the United States. It doesn't mean those cities are now automatically evil. Ridiculous.

jclay2
01-26-2013, 12:57 PM

I hate to break it to you, but this is the path they have chosen. I am with bxm042, national politics is now a lost cause. There is no point as it is to corrupt to get back on the right path. The only out we have now is a governor that chooses to nullify all the federal laws and/or leave the union entirely.

cheapseats
01-26-2013, 04:59 PM
I hope this turns out to be untrue. It is nauseating. Worse than them masquerading like liberals is how often the article basically says they do NOT want Ron Paul Republicans in the party. They would rather try to outliberal the liberals than accept the fact that their adulterated form of Conservatism doesn't sell. They are more interested in figuring out a way to somehow get Latinos to like their old failed ideas than change their ideas. The magic Rubio name is not going to sway Latino voters that don't like their policies. They're approach is insulting. "We can't come across as bunch of angry white men" they say. So now they've decided to sound like a bunch of angry white wannabe liberal idiots instead. This is desperately pathetic.

They would rather...they are more interested in...WINNING/RETAINING POWER.

They are taking the "winning is everything" approach that a surprising number of "principled people" endorse when Rand Paul does it. THAT'S DIFFERENT, they'll say, because they believe that Rand is "playing the game" to good purpose. Alas, Old Guard Republicans ALSO machinate to good purpose...in the minds of Old Guard Republicans. They're not just saving America, they're saving THE WORLD, dontcha know.

heavenlyboy34
01-26-2013, 05:07 PM
I hate to break it to you, but this is the path they have chosen. I am with bxm042, national politics is now a lost cause. There is no point as it is to corrupt to get back on the right path. The only out we have now is a governor that chooses to nullify all the federal laws and/or leave the union entirely.
ditto. Local stuff seems like a better use of time/resources if you're going to play politics. At this time, liberty isn't really popular with Boobus.