PDA

View Full Version : MO State Senator wants gun owners to register with schools. PLEASE HELP!

pauljmccain
01-26-2013, 02:29 AM
WE NEED YOUR HELP! A Missouri State Senator has introduced legislation to require parents to tell their child's school if they own guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HZlsdW51Kqg

PLEASE SHARE AND EMAIL HER! Here is a letter you can send:

maria.chappellenadal@house.mo.gov

Senator Chappelle-Nadal,

I am a law-abiding gun owner.

Your recent firearm legislation seems very well-intentioned, and I think it is a good idea to hold parents accountable for their children's actions.

However, I fail to understand the last part of your bill, related to reporting ownership to schools. I believe that this portion of the legislation would severely infringe on my rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution. The 4th Amendment protects all American citizens whenever there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

I don't see how the information of firearm ownership would be used by the school to prevent any type of possible crime, and find it unreasonable that an individual should be compelled to report this information to their child's school.

Compelling parents to report private information serves no reasonable purpose rather than the discrimination of law-abiding gun owners. If not that, then what purpose does the reporting serve?

If such legislation is passed, I plan to protest it in every way possible, and work towards a judicial challenge, so it may be properly evaluated with my rights in mind. In the meantime, I fail to see how this could even be enforced. The last thing we need is an addition to the thousands of ineffective firearms bills already on the books.

I hope you will consider removing this unconstitutional and ineffective provision from your bill.

I thank you for your time.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-26-2013, 03:38 AM
I wonder if this guy leaves a trail of shit as he walks. These people are scared as fuck over nothing.

pauljmccain
01-26-2013, 04:03 AM
I trust you are not referring to me- it is a Democratic woman who represents a lower income (but not extremely poor) area of urban St. Louis. There's no way this will pass on a state level but I want to ensure she thinks twice before trying to infringe on our right to privacy again.

Tpoints
01-26-2013, 04:05 AM
don't we want schools and children to be able to call up gun owners when bad guys attack? That's sure faster than calling 911, right?