PDA

View Full Version : Backing down: The timid sheep of the so-called Ron Paul "Revolution."

Menthol Patch
11-22-2007, 02:44 AM
Please excuse the overly zealous topic used to attract your attention. I'm not really trying to insult this revolution, because I'm proud of it and a part of it myself. However, there is a vitally important issue I need to discuss.

Right now the campaign needs additional funding for the CRITICAL early primaries (NH and Iowa) and also a really successful Tea Party for a boost of publicity and even more funds for the later primaries. The grassroots has responded by planning a money bomb on Nov. 30th in addition to the money bomb on Dec. 16th. The general dollar figures floating around seem to indicate we need to raise around 5 million at the first money bomb and another 10 million on the second.

To be blunt, we need to raise 15 million dollars in two money bombs. Some people in our movement act like that is unreasonable, not realistic, or even impossible. However, I'm here to say that it's a goal we can and will successfully accomplish!

First of all, we have the most passionate grassroots supporters of any campaign. We have proven we PULL TOGETHER and make things happen for our candidate when there is a need. One thing about the Ron Paul revolution is that we are FEARLESS and we use obstacles as a way of motivating ourselves! We don't back down when things get tough and we don't run away from a challenge!

Secondly, we have the most powerful motivation in the world to raise a full 15 million dollars. This motivation that gives us supernatural strength and endurance beyond all understanding is the passion and desire for FREEDOM! Unlike the supporters of other candidates we know what freedom and liberty is really about. We also know that our freedom and liberty will be LOST if Ron Paul does not win the nomination! For this reason we will do what it takes to raise this money to protect our liberty and the liberty of our children, family, and friends!

Thirdly, we are growing! We are gaining new supporters all the time! The Revolution is truly catching on, because deep down there is a spark of liberty in the hearts of millions of Americans that LONGS TO SHINE BRIGHT! This forum is PROOF of how the Ron Paul revolution is GROWING!

To be blunt, there is every reason to be POSITIVE about how we CAN INDEED raise 15 million dollars via the two planned money bombs!

There is NO need to be negative, because even the statistics tell us that we can pull this off!

1) As of a couple weeks ago the campaign informed us only 2% of those who have donated are maxed out. At most it's currently probably around 3%. This means that those who have already donated are legally able to donate again!

2) On Nov. 5th the campaigned informed us we had over 20,000 first time contributors to the Ron Paul campaign! Do you here me? We had 20,000 and the average donation size was a hundred dollars and change. This means we are growing rapidly and there are plenty of people to donate!

Of course some people are going to say that people simply cannot afford to donate more than they already have or cannot afford to donate towards both money bombs. To be frank, this is about FREEDOM. This entire REVOLUTION is a peaceful, non-violent, and legal BATTLE FOR FREEDOM! When you are battling for freedom you dig deep, sacrifice, and find ways to KEEP FIGHTING (peacefully and non-violently of course)!

I think for the next few weeks we all need to think about the reasons why we CAN donate GENEROUSLY towards both money bombs! Once again, our freedoms and liberties are at stake. If Ron Paul does not win we are headed towards a war with Iran, a police state, an economic depression, and a total scrapping of the Constitution in the NEXT COUPLE YEARS!

This is our LAST CHANCE to restore this nation back to it's constitutional heritage and I think people are realizing that! If we don't make sure Ron Paul wins the is no way to stop this nations accelerating race towards tyranny!

What should we do? Do UNTHINKABLE things to support Ron Paul and donate in both money bombs! For example, could you sell a vehicle, some collection of items, a vacation home, or other valuable item to support Ron Paul? Can you tell your children you are giving them the gift of LIBERTY this Christmas in the form of a massive donation to Ron Paul? Can you take on a second job, work some over time, or contribute in some other UNTHINKABLE way?

If we work together and go ALL OUT we can WIN the nomination and then the presidency! Any sacrifice made will be WELL WORTH a future of liberty, freedom, small government, and peace!

There is no reason to be negative! Lets do WHAT IT TAKES to raise 15 million dollars via these two money bombs!

0zzy
11-22-2007, 02:46 AM
I don't believe so.

Maybe 5million by the 13th, but not 5million on an unorganized day.

Just raise money, and on the 13th raise more.

Trigonx
11-22-2007, 02:53 AM
13th?... 16th..

derdy
11-22-2007, 03:00 AM
Can you make this flashy with less words??

To tell the truth, I read not one word! :eek:

NewEnd
11-22-2007, 03:08 AM
Can you make this flashy with less words??

To tell the truth, I read not one word! :eek:

Het, thats abotu exactly what I thought after the annoying intro.

Try again MentholPatch.

Ron Paul Fan
11-22-2007, 03:31 AM
Het, thats abotu

:rolleyes:

NewEnd
11-22-2007, 03:34 AM
:rolleyes:

What you fail to understand is, if you are going to insult someones intellegence on the internet, you best spell it right.

this is an exception to the grammar nazi rule.

DealzOnWheelz
11-22-2007, 04:18 AM
I completely agree with menthol patch

we need to dig deep and blow both of these money bombs up

If we can raise $5mill on the 30th and then pull $10 mill on the 16th That would show consistancy and a crazy money bomb

Remember all we have to do is break the one day record breaking it by 1 million or 6 million is still breaking it so if we divert some toward nov 30th and just get more motivated and plan on going as close to all in as we each can handle we can give them a Barrage of Money Bombs.

It would be like the military calling in an air strike.

AdoubleR
11-22-2007, 04:22 AM
Look... Raise a little something to catch media attention on the 30th, and then thanks to the USA today add that has planted little seedlings all over, MORE AND MORE people will donate on the 16th which will be the single biggest change of events this rEVOLution has seen! The 16th will translate into votes...

DealzOnWheelz
11-22-2007, 04:24 AM
yea as long as we can match nov 5th

DRV45N05
11-22-2007, 04:25 AM
Guys, I don't see anything unreasonable about the request of the campaign:

Give $100 between now and December 16, and then give $100 more.

Skeeterbug73
11-22-2007, 04:27 AM
I understand your enthusiasm but if I were to tell my children that I was giving them the gift of liberty for Christmas instead of presents they would put rocks in their stocking and beat me when I was asleep. ;)
I do agree that we should all try and give what we can and to try harder to spread the word. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

dircha
11-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Backing Down: The timid sheep of the so-called Ron Paul "Revolution."

There is NO need to be negative, because even the statistics tell us that we can pull this off!

Hello?

AdoubleR
11-22-2007, 04:29 AM
I understand your enthusiasm but if I were to tell my children that I was giving them the gift of liberty for Christmas instead of presents they would put rocks in their stocking and beat me when I was asleep. ;)
I do agree that we should all try and give what we can and to try harder to spread the word. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL... Sounds like a jail-house experience... LOL...

Skeeterbug73
11-22-2007, 04:32 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL... Sounds like a jail-house experience... LOL...

My little ones can be ruthless sometimes!! :D

dircha
11-22-2007, 04:37 AM
Seriously. No one needs to sell their car or not buy Christmas gifts.

This campaign isn't about bleeding our existing support base for all they're worth.

Instead, it's about expanding our support base, thereby expanding our contributor base, and making major gains in the polls.

Instead of selling your car, spend 1 day each week in your city - or in someone else's city for that matter - going door to door and dropping off slim jims. Order slim jims from the official campaign store, or get them from your state organizer, and write that date on your calendar.

If you do this even one day a week for the next month, you will have made far more difference than selling your car would have.

disciple
11-22-2007, 04:53 AM
Thank you for your passionate call, never mind the tittle, it is really that critical, and we need to double and triple the efforts in every way.

I am in.

BrianH
11-22-2007, 05:18 AM
Seriously. No one needs to sell their car or not buy Christmas gifts.

This campaign isn't about bleeding our existing support base for all they're worth.

Instead, it's about expanding our support base, thereby expanding our contributor base, and making major gains in the polls.

Instead of selling your car, spend 1 day each week in your city - or in someone else's city for that matter - going door to door and dropping off slim jims. Order slim jims from the official campaign store, or get them from your state organizer, and write that date on your calendar.

If you do this even one day a week for the next month, you will have made far more difference than selling your car would have.

I also agree with this post - - here in Iowa talking about donating on a day that is still 23 days away and very close to our primary date is pretty scary to us in Iowa. We need to move on this. But I also agree we need action and distributing official materials and telephoning the "no party" voters. Does anyone know if buying slim jims counts as a 100% donation? Has the official campaign ever commented on this?

noztnac
11-22-2007, 05:30 AM
The campaign needs more money. If you can afford to send half now and then the other half for the tea party. Two money bombs total.