PDA

View Full Version : VOTE: Poll on who should replace Saxby Chambliss

SpreadOfLiberty
01-25-2013, 05:50 PM
http://citizengeorgia. com/?p=615

http://www.mdjonline. com/pages/full_story/push?article-Sen-+Saxby+Chambliss+says+he+will+retire%20&id=21519778

Vote Paul Broun

I broke the links btw

CUnknown
01-25-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm sorry, Paul Broun just doesn't do it for me. In fact, I think he's pretty terrible. Don't get suckered in by him. If you want to vote for him, well okay... not my cup of tea... but I could understand it if the other candidates were horrible as well. But for the love of liberty, don't campaign for him or send him money. He voted for the NDAA, all the military spending, etc... He's not a friend of liberty, imo. I live in his district and I have never voted for him.

SpreadOfLiberty
01-25-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry, Paul Broun just doesn't do it for me. In fact, I think he's pretty terrible. Don't get suckered in by him. If you want to vote for him, well okay... not my cup of tea... but I could understand it if the other candidates were horrible as well. But for the love of liberty, don't campaign for him or send him money. He voted for the NDAA, all the military spending, etc... He's not a friend of liberty, imo. I live in his district and I have never voted for him.
He opposes indefinite detention and voted for the Smith-Amash and Gohmert amendments.

Yes, he is not completely with us on foreign policy but wants to abolish the Federal Reserve and get us out of the U.N.

He is one of the best members of Congress according to the JBS Liberty Index.

CUnknown
01-28-2013, 03:36 PM
He opposes indefinite detention and voted for the Smith-Amash and Gohmert amendments.

Yes, he is not completely with us on foreign policy but wants to abolish the Federal Reserve and get us out of the U.N.

He's not with us -at all- on foreign policy. And I'm not sure he opposes indefinite detention -- why did he vote for it then? It's not just this recent NDAA, but he also voted for the last one and also for regulating the internet.

I do give him some credit for the Federal Reserve thing, but I also think he just knows which way the wind is blowing on that one. He's doing it for his own gain. Still, I agree, that is a plus.

But why didn't he ever endorse Ron Paul? He could have made a real difference here in Georgia, but he chose not to. He's not at all a part of this movement. He's a horrible Congressman and I would like to see him replaced ASAP. I think we can do way better than Broun for Senate in Georgia now that Saxby has retired.

Broun is a complete idiot for starters, he's corrupt, he believes in crony capitalism (and has practiced it), he's a warmonger, he voted for indefinite detention. He's someone to defeat, not to support.

If there's no one better on the ballot (it would be shocking, but maybe there won't be anyone better), then go ahead and vote for him if you want. But please please don't campaign for him or send that fool any money. I live in his district, I've gone to his town halls, looked him in the eye and asked him questions. He's not a friend of liberty.

SpreadOfLiberty
01-28-2013, 03:38 PM
I won't rehash it again. I just think he ran over your dog or something because he is definitely not a "horrible Congressman". He is among the top 5 according to the JBS index, which is basically the Ron Paul index.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

cajuncocoa
01-28-2013, 03:45 PM

It's time to get with the program on foreign policy. These "tangling alliances" are breaking the bank and causing us more trouble. Anyone who continues to commit to an "unbreakable U.S.-Israeli bond" is a no-go for me.

Brett85
01-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Broun voted for the NDAA because he supports funding the military. As was mentioned, he voted for the Smith-Amash amendment that banned indefinite detention.

SpreadOfLiberty
01-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Broun voted for the NDAA because he supports funding the military. As was mentioned, he voted for the Smith-Amash amendment that banned indefinite detention.
As well as the Gohmert amendment.
You simply don't vote for both and be for indefinite detention. :D

itshappening
01-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Broun is not great but he's anti-FED and the best you're going to get in Georgia.

I think he's worthy of support.

I dont think anyone would be up to the standard for some people on here. Every vote is analyzed and picked apart, every statement and endorsement is debated and held up as unworthy or discredits them from support.

You're essentially left with maybe 3-4 people in the whole country that you can support in the GOP and that's just leaving spots open for truly awful establishmentarians in places like Georgia, another Chambliss or worse .

If one was being truly puritan you couldn't support Ron Paul after he voted for the open-ended AUMF on Sept 14th 2001, that sold himself out according to the criteria and ought to prevent us from supporting him. Rand Paul has never voted for a war yet he's criticized incessantly for various statements.

CUnknown
01-31-2013, 09:15 AM
It's time to get with the program on foreign policy. These "tangling alliances" are breaking the bank and causing us more trouble. Anyone who continues to commit to an "unbreakable U.S.-Israeli bond" is a no-go for me.

Thank you, cajuncocoa.

This "he's the best we're going to get" mentality is a loser's mentality. It's a mentality that will have us wasting our valuable activism time and money supporting candidates who don't support us. It's a bad idea. Don't fall into this trap.

All Broun would have had to do is endorse Ron (or support non-intervention at home or abroad) and I'd think completely different about him. But he failed us when we needed him most. He's a war hawk, a big spender (because he's a war hawk), and he's a religious nutjob. He's an embarassment to us here in Athens. I want to see him defeated, not promoted.

That being said, yeah, go ahead and vote for him if you like him. I grudgingly admit that perhaps we could do worse. Will Broun be better than Saxby? Possibly, but also maybe not. Who knows. I'm just saying he's not worth fully supporting with money and time. Does anyone really disagree with that? That we shouldn't volunteer and fund war hawks and religious nutjobs? What's happened to this movement?