PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 2/3rds of Americans would defy Federal gun ban

itshappening
01-25-2013, 04:31 PM
In a Fox News survey, two-thirds of Americans said they would "defy" a federal gun ban and keep their guns if the government ever passed a law to "take your guns."

The survey asked respondents, "If the government passed a law to take your guns, would you give up your guns or defy the law and keep your guns?"

Sixty-five percent of those surveyed said they would "defy the law." Specifically, 70% of Republicans, 68% of conservatives, 52% of Democrats, and 59% of liberals said they would "defy" a federal gun ban to keep their guns.

The poll surveyed 1,008 registered U.S. voters between Jan. 15-17.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/25/Poll-2-3-of-Americans-Would-Defy-Federal-Gun-Ban
-

Question 46 in the wide-ranging survey of more than 1,000 registered voters asks if there is a gun in the household. Overall, 52 percent of the respondents said yes, someone in their home owned a gun. That number included 65 percent of Republicans, 59 percent of conservatives, 38 percent of Democrats and 41 percent of liberals.

Full survey:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2013/01/18/fox-news-poll-gun-rights-and-gun-control/

itshappening
01-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Interesting that 88% of people think Income Taxes will go up.

tod evans
01-25-2013, 04:38 PM
And less that 1% will stand in defiance of masked and armed thugs who come in a hoard to actually take them..

wrestlingwes_8
01-25-2013, 04:40 PM
All it will take is for a couple of families to be executed in their own homes for refusing to turn their guns in and then most Americans will run to turn their guns in voluntarily. I tend to agree with Alex Jones assessment that 1-2% of people will turn to the offensive, if and when this happens; possibly as high as 6-7%, though IMO. That means a minimum of 1-2 million people fighting for liberty, that's still A LOT of people. Whether they will be able to organize their numbers effectively and present any real resistance, is the real question....

phill4paul
01-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Then it's a simple fix. 2/3rds of the voting public need to go to their sheriff and demand that he give them deputy status, with the stipulation that it is an unpaid/un compensated/ uninsured, position and "citizen/deputies" ( See it is even kinda catchy. When questioned why you are armed you reply I've got my C.D. badge right here.) furnish their own equipment, if they CURRENTLY are, by law, allowed to own firearms. Otherwise, in an election that might see 40% of the population turn out, he might as well start making plans for his next line of employment. They won't do it. Or would they?????????????

itshappening
01-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Even liberals in the survey are pro-gun.

That might explain why this will have a hard time in the Senate.

paulbot24
01-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Then it's a simple fix. 2/3rds of the voting public need to go to their sheriff and demand that he give them deputy status, with the stipulation that it is an unpaid/un compensated/ uninsured, position and "citizen/deputies" ( See it is even kinda catchy. When questioned why you are armed you reply I've got my C.D. badge right here.) furnish their own equipment, if they CURRENTLY are, by law, allowed to own firearms. Otherwise, in an election that might see 40% of the population turn out, he might as well start making plans for his next line of employment. They won't do it. Or would they?????????????

This is an interesting idea. I like it, but how many of the deputized citizens would still hold their ground with federal guns in their faces while the feds screams about that badge not meaning shit and they can comply or likely die? If this was about paperwork and legal jurisdictions, none of this would be happening because of that paperwork called the Constitution. It is going to take the absolute will of the people.

phill4paul
01-25-2013, 05:14 PM
This is an interesting idea. I like it, but how many of the deputized citizens would still hold their ground with federal guns in their faces while the feds screams about that badge not meaning shit and they can comply or likely die? If this was about paperwork and legal jurisdictions, none of this would be happening because of that paperwork called the Constitution. It is going to take the absolute will of the people.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this is the ABSOLUTE solution. I'm saying it is an end run. It might also give citizens a good look into how far their sheriff would go to avoid federal encroachment.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-25-2013, 08:24 PM
All it will take is for a couple of families to be executed in their own homes for refusing to turn their guns in and then most Americans will run to turn their guns in voluntarily. I tend to agree with Alex Jones assessment that 1-2% of people will turn to the offensive, if and when this happens; possibly as high as 6-7%, though IMO. That means a minimum of 1-2 million people fighting for liberty, that's still A LOT of people. Whether they will be able to organize their numbers effectively and present any real resistance, is the real question....

From what I've learned as a Texas from the unarmed Mexican people in northern Mexico, when the tough guys are fleeing retreating from the combat, the mothers always seem to be charging in the opposite direction towards it to take care of their loved ones with nothing more than their blood to shed and their heads to give. As a Texan, I've been deeply troubled about what has been happening, the question of courage, and for what I'd be willing to give my head for. But then I witnessed these mothers trying to put the pieces together in the midst of the chaos and destruction going on. Love is greater than courage.

Tod
01-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Yeah, but how many of those who would defy a federal gun ban are gun manufacturers or retailers????

jkr
01-25-2013, 09:44 PM
DIDNT ASK ME
DID THEY ASK THEE?

Pericles
01-25-2013, 10:31 PM

What makes you think that we will allow people to turn in their guns?

FrancisMarion
01-25-2013, 10:52 PM
In a Fox News survey, two-thirds of Americans said they would "defy" a federal gun ban and keep their guns if the government ever passed a law to "take your guns."

The survey asked respondents, "If the government passed a law to take your guns, would you give up your guns or defy the law and keep your guns?"

Sixty-five percent of those surveyed said they would "defy the law." Specifically, 70% of Republicans, 68% of conservatives, 52% of Democrats, and 59% of liberals said they would "defy" a federal gun ban to keep their guns.

Too bad these people don't feel the same way about the income tax. Guns sit in the closet, your pay gets taken every day.....

If you are getting robbed and you don't use your gun, then why the hell do you have it? Oh, its for protecting the freedom of protecting yourself.

Shit.

In vino veritas.

Pericles
01-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Too bad these people don't feel the same way about the income tax. Guns sit in the closet, your pay gets taken every day.....

If you are getting robbed and you don't use your gun, then why the hell do you have it? Oh, its for protecting the freedom of protecting yourself.

Shit.

In vino veritas.

You have made the point on why this has to be fought now. Income tax withholding started during WWII so the feds could get cash faster than waiting for people to do their annual returns. It became a habit. Nobody fought the National Firearms Act in 1934, and now entile classes of weapons have gone from common ownership.

The loss of freedom has to be fought as soon as it is in peril, or it will be lost.

oyarde
01-26-2013, 12:19 AM
You have made the point on why this has to be fought now. Income tax withholding started during WWII so the feds could get cash faster than waiting for people to do their annual returns. It became a habit. Nobody fought the National Firearms Act in 1934, and now entile classes of weapons have gone from common ownership.

The loss of freedom has to be fought as soon as it is in peril, or it will be lost. Yes.

NoOneButPaul
01-26-2013, 12:30 AM

This is ass backwards... if families get executed the mundanes would wake up and there'd be a true rebellion.

Americans will take a lot but they wouldn't just give up and cower over something like that. Not a chance in hell...

Guns are the last line for almost everyone. There would be a revolution...

dinosaur
01-26-2013, 08:55 AM

Shit.

In vino veritas.

Mass civil disobedience over the income tax would have been the way to solve most of our problems decades ago. They will put individuals in jail for not paying, but if half the country stood up and refused participation, they wouldn't have been able to jail us or stop us. It would have been a peaceful coup.

Acala
01-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Mass civil disobedience over the income tax would have been the way to solve most of our problems decades ago. They will put individuals in jail for not paying, but if half the country stood up and refused participation, they wouldn't have been able to jail us or stop us. It would have been a peaceful coup.

This is one reason an over-reaching gun confiscation is so dangerous to the government. If people wake up to the fact that they REALLY can say NO, they WILL. And not just about guns.

Uriah
01-26-2013, 10:02 AM
1-2% sounds small but that is 3-6 million Americans on the offensive with many times more that are sympathetic. Many of them with military experience. The militias would be busting at the seams. American military is just about 3 million with reserves counted. I would expect massive defections.

Michigan11
01-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Most gun owners will never turn in their guns and would join a revolution or assist in it. I think big g knows this and therefore will continue incrementally increasing gun control but will never go for an outright ban

presence
01-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Yeah, but how many of those who would defy a federal gun ban are gun manufacturers or retailers????

Thread: Forget Gold and Silver... Let me talk to you about ALUMINUM 80% LOWERS (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?402119-Forget-Gold-and-Silver-Let-me-talk-to-you-ALUMINUM-80-LOWERS)

cheapseats
01-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Poll: 2/3rds of Americans would defy Federal gun ban

And 40% claim to be "Independent": http://www.gallup.com/poll/151943/record-high-americans-identify-independents.aspx

File under BELIEVE IT WHEN YOU SEE IT.

It would be a grave error for "Three Percenter" types to trust in and wait for the resolve of a critical mass of now-culturally-compliant Americans.

beaker
01-26-2013, 02:55 PM
American military is just about 3 million with reserves counted. I would expect massive defections. i've been communicating those same concerns with some of my fellow service members and we have a high tendency to agree with you.

Matt Collins
01-26-2013, 03:06 PM
And less that 1% will stand in defiance of masked and armed thugs who come in a hoard to actually take them..Fighting the government head-on like that is the dumbest way to do it.

pcosmar
01-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Fighting the government head-on like that is the dumbest way to do it.

Guerrilla Warfare makes more sense.
The US military has never effectively countered it.