PDA

View Full Version : SWAT Team raids wrong home

jrich4rpaul
11-22-2007, 01:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORPk3udApZI

Cindy
11-22-2007, 10:13 AM
"Sorry for the inconvenience?":confused: :(

The town should have some reimbursement policy for damages in cases like this. She needs to sue them. So much for her property rights huh?

I wish the news station would've put up info on how to send help to her. I wish local RP supporters could organize a chip in, and help her get new bedding, toys and clothing for the kids, call that news station back again to report what we are doing to help her out, and be there for the delivery.

CurtisLow
11-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Whoops... You clean our mess up. = BS

She needs a chipin!

allyinoh
11-22-2007, 11:21 AM
"Sorry for the inconvenience?":confused: :(

The town should have some reimbursement policy for damages in cases like this. She needs to sue them. So much for her property rights huh?

I wish the news station would've put up info on how to send help to her. I wish local RP supporters could organize a chip in, and help her get new bedding, toys and clothing for the kids, call that news station back again to report what we are doing to help her out, and be there for the delivery.

I agree. It was just added but I wonder how long has passed since this actually occurred?

I don't think she can sue them. I guess it's something called, "police immunity." :rolleyes:

I think it's bs if you ask me. If you come into my house without solid proof and you destroy my things, you should be held responsible.

Brennon
11-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Reminds me of the article I read about an old man who opened fire and subsequently was shot to death after the police incorrectly broke into his home thinking it was a different house.

BizmanUSA
11-22-2007, 11:23 AM
A little more PR and with the right legal counsel the attorneys will Get Richer!

Oh Ya, and this poor victim might get a few $$$

IMHO she has hit the mini lotto jackpot - but even that is not enough

We need Ron Paul and this is yet one more example!

kylejack
11-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Don't forget the case where they raided a grandma and shot her to death. The old lady managed to get some return fire off at least. I agree, let's do a chipin for this case.

allyinoh
11-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Reminds me of the article I read about an old man who opened fire and subsequently was shot to death after the police incorrectly broke into his home thinking it was a different house.

There was a guy who went home, and fell asleep on his couch. I guess he didn't turn on his alarm and brinks contacted the police for possible home invasion/burglary. The police went into his house, tased him as he was sleeping on HIS couch, and then arrested him!

I can't remember where I saw this video, but.. it is really sad when the police can come into your house, tase and arrest you while you are sleeping in your own home.

They said that they tased him because he didn't answer... He was sleeping.. lol.. These stories are just ridiculous, I swear.

allyinoh
11-22-2007, 11:26 AM
How do we find out how to start a chipin and make sure it goes to Kayla?

kylejack
11-22-2007, 11:34 AM
How do we find out how to start a chipin and make sure it goes to Kayla?

Okay, let's get a local Meetup group involved, like we did with the Dr. Laura flowers. Zip is 47025, looking up the group now.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 11:35 AM
291 members in the Cincinatti group, 21 miles away. Let's DO THIS.

allyinoh
11-22-2007, 11:39 AM
291 members in the Cincinatti group, 21 miles away. Let's DO THIS.

I think this is a great idea. I know from the video that this woman's name is Kayla, do you know how we would go about finding this woman? I mean, well, we know what apartments and the number but who knows if she is still there... ?

I completely support this idea and I would be more than happy to spread this through myspace and my local meet up group.

kylejack
I sent the organizer a message. Hopefully he'll respond soon!

kylejack
I think this is a great idea. I know from the video that this woman's name is Kayla, do you know how we would go about finding this woman? I mean, well, we know what apartments and the number but who knows if she is still there... ?

I completely support this idea and I would be more than happy to spread this through myspace and my local meet up group.

Its called the Village Apartments, and we know the number. I guess we have to hope she's still there? How old is this story?

allyinoh
11-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Okay let me know, I really want to help this young woman and her two kids out. This is outrageous.

allyinoh
11-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Its called the Village Apartments, and we know the number. I guess we have to hope she's still there? How old is this story?

It was just added Nov. 21st but I don't know how long ago this happened.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Its BRAND NEW SHE'S STILL THERE! She's on Myspace!

allyinoh
11-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Its BRAND NEW SHE'S STILL THERE! She's on Myspace!

What's her myspace do you know? Wow this is great!

kylejack
11-22-2007, 11:47 AM
I sent a message to Kayla letting her know that help is on the way. I'll set up a chipin and we'll send it to Cincinatti Meetup once they get back in touch.

allyinoh
11-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Oh wow Kyle you are awesome!! I'm going to let anyone and everyone I know about this!

I have never seen a group of people who are so willing to jump in and help others. It makes me so happy to be a part of it!

kylejack
11-22-2007, 11:58 AM
http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/f0cc947e8ac25e23

kylejack
11-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Here's a Fox News story on the raid: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312421,00.html

Dustancostine
11-22-2007, 12:02 PM

$5.00 Sent.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 12:04 PM
$5.00 Sent.

Bless you. We can do a lot of good for her with a bunch of $5 donations, and I'm hoping we'll get some local media out of it. The cops who raided her won't help her, but thousands of Ron Paul supporters will!

kylejack
11-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Hm, looks like I need to upgrade my account to receive more than 5 credit/debit payments per year. I'll look into that now.

kylejack
11-22-2007, 12:08 PM
K, I upgraded. The fee on credit/debit payments is 30 cents plus 2.9%, FYI.

allyinoh
11-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Kyle,

I'm going to send the link for the chipin to my friends on myspace as well as to my local meetup group.

I'm going to also see if I can spread it off the internet as well. We have until the 27th to get money for Kayla her her kids so she can cleanup someone else's mess.

Well, I'm going now, but you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Cindy
11-22-2007, 01:23 PM
I chipped in $10. Thank you for doing thiis Kyle. I will be spreading the video and chip in link around myself, later on tonight and over the weekend.

It's BS they can do that to someones home and then walk away. We have to make a stand for property rights by getting our help to her in the press, with how much we beleive Americans shouldn't have to put up with this, without reimbursements from the county or state when they screw up.

What kind of person working at the Police Station can see that happen to a single mom with two kids and not want to right that wrong somehow?

I thought these were the people we paid taxes to, so they could serve and protect us. What a joke!!

Malakai0
11-22-2007, 03:33 PM
After my moms bout with the Florida Department of Children and Families (they lied and fabricated reports to get us, her kids, taken away and put in foster care) I just found out she tried for months to get a lawyer to try and get the charges removed and none of them would touch the case.

Apparently private lawyers don't like going up against the police or government agencies much anymore.

The march of the police state continues. Military tear gas and a 20+ man swat squad to apprehend A BURGLAR? WHAT THE FUDGE?!

CurtisLow
11-23-2007, 03:11 PM

Bump