PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on The Glenn Beck Program 1/25/13 (video added)

itshappening
01-25-2013, 09:34 AM
http://www.glennbeck.com/publish/themes/glennbeck/live_player/

someone cap it, quick!

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJPYw7cmjxM

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/01/25/senator-rand-paul-people-know-republicans-arent-winning/

itshappening
01-25-2013, 09:35 AM
On now.

itshappening
01-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Beck: 'I'm becoming more libertarian every day'

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Beck: 'I'm becoming more libertarian every day'lmao.

itshappening
01-25-2013, 09:39 AM
lmao.

He's quite the comedian isnt he?

itshappening
01-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Beck is fawning over him big time, loves his Hillary questions

Athan
01-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Wait for the Beck-stab Rand.

itshappening
01-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Beck: 'Rand Paul is the only libertarian in my life time who could be President of the United States'

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Beck: 'Rand Paul is the only libertarian in my life time who could be President of the United States'LOL. That's probably because Rand Paul is no libertarian, and neither is Glenn Beck.

tio rio
01-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Athan - while I agree Glenn Beck sabotaged Mrs. Medina's campaign, she didn't help herself any if you go back and listen to that interview. Getting interview prep goes a long ways - about the day after that interview Joe Pags tried to lay the same trap for John Dennis, and Mr. Dennis had a very quick and to the point sound bite in reply that he had prepared, and Pags went on to give a decent interview - Candidates need to spend more time learning public speaking - even those that think they are good at it - they will be better prepared to deal with traps.

compromise
01-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Any praise for Rand is a good thing, even if it is Beck. Beck has a lot of viewers.

dinosaur
01-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Wait for the feigned emotion and some statement like "Folks, you know that I was one of Rand's earliest supporters, but some troubling things have come to light and here are the reasons..."

Beck was clever when he took on a pastor-like role.

Still, I agree this is a good thing. We just have work to do.

georgiaboy
01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Wait for the feigned emotion and some statement like "Folks, you know that I was one of Rand's earliest supporters, but some troubling things have come to light and here are the reasons..."

Beck was clever when he took on a pastor-like role.

Still, I agree this is a good thing. We just have work to do.

Yep, all good on the surface, but what we really need is for rank & file to not have to rely on what Glenn Beck says for them to form an opinion of someone as stellar as Rand Paul.

jct74
01-25-2013, 04:19 PM
video:
http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/01/25/senator-rand-paul-people-know-republicans-arent-winning/

Confederate
01-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJPYw7cmjxM

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Confederate....did you get your new avatar from Glenn Beck's site? Or Sarah Palin's? :rolleyes:

FSP-Rebel
01-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Confederate....did you get your new avatar from Glenn Beck's site? Or Sarah Palin's? :rolleyes:

always hatin

Confederate
01-25-2013, 04:43 PM

I'm just holding onto it for Danke.

mac_hine
01-25-2013, 04:47 PM

I think he found it on Santorum's website.

Confederate
01-25-2013, 04:49 PM

I think he found it on Santorum's website.

There's so much hate directed at true conservatives on here.

(i'm joking by the way)

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 05:00 PM
always hatin
So now it's "hatin" if I don't support Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin or put Israel first? :rolleyes:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080215235928/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Funny-pictures-kitten-handbasket1.jpg

anaconda
01-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Wait for the Beck-stab Rand.

Beck plus a hundred other media folks.

itshappening
01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Thank you jct for updating the thread.

Beck is a libertarian when it suits him, we all know that.

But it's interesting how these once hostile hosts like Rand so much. As I said it's down to repetence because they all hated Ron due to his confrontational style and the way he pointed out their hypocrisy especially on the Iraq war. They vented their collective anger at Ron because they would never admit they're wrong on anything but deep down they knew Ron Paul was right on issues like limited government and that's why they're so nice and accepting of Rand. It also helps that Rand is more of a team player and gets stuck into the enemy Democrats like nobody else.

That's why Hannity, Ingram, Levin etc are nice to him.

Interestingly O'Reilly and Limbaugh who are the worst statist neo-fascists in America would like their audience to think he doesn't exist. They will not repent.

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 06:09 PM

But it's interesting how these once hostile hosts like Rand so much. As I said it's down to repetence because they all hated Ron due to his confrontational style and the way he pointed out their hypocrisy especially on the Iraq war. They vented their collective anger at Ron because they would never admit they're wrong on anything but deep down they knew Ron Paul was right on issues like limited government and that's why they're so nice and accepting of Rand. It also helps that Rand is more of a team player and gets stuck into the enemy Democrats like nobody else.

Interestingly O'Reilly and Limbaugh who are the worst statist neo-fascists in America would like their audience to think he doesn't exist. They will not repent.
FFS, itshappening. Please read this and get it once and for all....no matter what Glenn Beck SAYS, he is NOT a libertarian! Not now, not ever, not when it "suits him" and not when it doesn't.

Aren't all of you Rand supporters constantly saying "don't pay attention to what someone SAYS, pay attention to what they DO?" You're being hoodwinked by Glenn Beck and Mark Levin, and you're going to take the entire damned liberty movement down with you and with them. They're itching to co-opt the liberty movement, and those of you who are falling for this are going to give them what they want on a silver platter!! :mad:

You're only making my point for me when you point out how these "once hostile" (to Ron Paul) hosts are cozying up to Rand. Why do you think that is? It's because Rand is NOTHING like his father. But even so, those hosts that you're so giddy about are not going to support Rand when it gets closer to the primaries. Rand may not be as close to his father as I would like, but he's close enough that Beck and Levin will be throwing him (and the liberty movement) under the bus before you can spell I-O-W-A.

dusman
01-25-2013, 06:22 PM

Ironically, Limbaugh just today was saying Rand was the only one who was willing to oppose some new legislation that is being passed. Not sure about the context of the subject, but it was interesting to hear Limbaugh praise Rand.

Rudeman
01-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Beck, Levin and others aren't our friends but they are opening Rand to create a larger base, the more they praise him as the only one standing up to the left hopefully that gets engrained into the audience come election time. Whether they turn on Rand we'll wait and see, but we should know better than to put trust in them.

I honestly don't remember if Ron was ever this well liked (fake or not), it was always the you're great on economics but suck on everything else sort of thing.

LibertyEagle
01-25-2013, 06:43 PM
There's so much hate directed at true conservatives on here.

(i'm joking by the way)

I agree and I am not joking.

LibertyEagle
01-25-2013, 06:46 PM
FFS, itshappening. Please read this and get it once and for all....no matter what Glenn Beck SAYS, he is NOT a libertarian! Not now, not ever, not when it "suits him" and not when it doesn't.

Aren't all of you Rand supporters constantly saying "don't pay attention to what someone SAYS, pay attention to what they DO?" You're being hoodwinked by Glenn Beck and Mark Levin, and you're going to take the entire damned liberty movement down with you and with them. They're itching to co-opt the liberty movement, and those of you who are falling for this are going to give them what they want on a silver platter!! :mad:

You're only making my point for me when you point out how these "once hostile" (to Ron Paul) hosts are cozying up to Rand. Why do you think that is? It's because Rand is NOTHING like his father. But even so, those hosts that you're so giddy about are not going to support Rand when it gets closer to the primaries. Rand may not be as close to his father as I would like, but he's close enough that Beck and Levin will be throwing him (and the liberty movement) under the bus before you can spell I-O-W-A.

That is complete crap and you damn well know it. They are quite a lot alike. Not in everything, no, but neither are many of US.

I agree with you about the Beck, and the others though. I don't trust them farther than I can spit, but I damn well will use them.

LOL. That's probably because Rand Paul is no libertarian, and neither is Glenn Beck.

Rand has a lot of libertarian in him. I think it's a good thing that he doesn't embrace some parts of "libertarianism", if Ruwart is any measure of what libertarianism is.

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 06:51 PM
I agree and I am not joking.
Yep, play the victim and pretend there isn't just as much hate directed at libertarians on this site ("Losertarians" ring any bells?) So I guess the two camps don't like each other, but let's not pretend that goes only one way.

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 06:54 PM
That is complete crap and you damn well know it.
um, no, I don't know it...but I know you believe it's true.

Rudeman
01-25-2013, 06:58 PM
How can Rand be nothing like his father but also be close enough to his father for them to turn on him? Seems like a contradiction. Rand is like his father, he just isn't a carbon copy. He states a lot of the same policies but phrases it in a more palatable way for Conservatives/Republicans but there are certainly some differences.

itshappening
01-25-2013, 07:00 PM

How do you know Rand's not hoodwinking them? They're making him one of the most famous conservative voices in America and giving him an awesome platform.

I would kiss their butt to be president too, wouldn't you? the president makes 440k/year, lives in the White House and flies all over the world on Air Force One.

SpreadOfLiberty
01-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Beck isn't a libertarian but has some libertarian positions.

LibertyEagle
01-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Yep, play the victim and pretend there isn't just as much hate directed at libertarians on this site ("Losertarians" ring any bells?) So I guess the two camps don't like each other, but let's not pretend that goes only one way.

If you are honest, you will admit that there has been quite a bit of bashing of any and all who are not libertarians, on this site. Not once, have I heard a conservative claim that this site was only for conservatives, but I have often heard libertarians erroneously claim it for themselves. You yourself have claimed that Rand is not libertarian enough. In fact you have claimed that he is not a libertarian AT ALL, like being pure libertarian is the end all to be all. :rolleyes: Sorry, I don't agree that it's ok for adults to have sex with underage children. Sue me.

I'm frankly sick and tired of the paleocon bashing. If you want to continue drawing a line between us, I damn sure will play. Or, we could go back to trying to focus on those things we agree on and moving forward. Your choice.

itshappening
01-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Ironically, Limbaugh just today was saying Rand was the only one who was willing to oppose some new legislation that is being passed. Not sure about the context of the subject, but it was interesting to hear Limbaugh praise Rand.

that is interesting i'd like to hear that. He has never mention Ron/Rand much before.

Bastiat's The Law
01-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Beck, Levin and others aren't our friends but they are opening Rand to create a larger base, the more they praise him as the only one standing up to the left hopefully that gets engrained into the audience come election time. Whether they turn on Rand we'll wait and see, but we should know better than to put trust in them.

I honestly don't remember if Ron was ever this well liked (fake or not), it was always the you're great on economics but suck on everything else sort of thing.
That's essential my point of view. If Beck, Levin, etc want to be our useful idiots and increase the name recognition of our guy, have at it. :D

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 08:27 PM
How do you know Rand's not hoodwinking them? That's just it: we don't. That's the problem with not playing honestly.

I would kiss their butt to be president too, wouldn't you? the president makes 440k/year, lives in the White House and flies all over the world on Air Force One.
No, I wouldn't. Principle is more important to me than money or power.

itshappening
01-25-2013, 08:32 PM
That's just it: we don't. That's the problem with not playing honestly.

Don't give me that nonesene Cajun.

If I was Rand Paul and thought I had a legitimate shot at the presidency I would kiss as much butt as possible.

Or I could sit alone in the U.S Senate and cast my nay vote and be on the end of 98-1 votes and protest loudly, put out press releases and never kiss butt or be cordial and be there for 24 years and accomplish what? what is the point of it all? So I can say I never kissed butt and never had any ambition for higher office?

Brett85
01-25-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm frankly sick and tired of the paleocon bashing. If you want to continue drawing a line between us, I damn sure will play. Or, we could go back to trying to focus on those things we agree on and moving forward. Your choice.

Except that I'd like Rand to become more of a paleocon. Pat Buchanan is far more non interventionist in his foreign policy views than Rand is.

dinosaur
01-25-2013, 08:35 PM
That's just it: we don't. That's the problem with not playing honestly.

Great, it sounds like you've made your decision then. Will you now find a more worthy sub-forum and stop obsessing over Rand?

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
If you are honest, you will admit that there has been quite a bit of bashing of any and all who are not libertarians, on this site. Not once, have I heard a conservative claim that this site was only for conservatives, but I have often heard libertarians erroneously claim it for themselves. You yourself have claimed that Rand is not libertarian enough. In fact you have claimed that he is not a libertarian AT ALL, like being pure libertarian is the end all to be all. :rolleyes: Sorry, I don't agree that it's ok for adults to have sex with underage children. Sue me.

I'm frankly sick and tired of the paleocon bashing. If you want to continue drawing a line between us, I damn sure will play. Or, we could go back to trying to focus on those things we agree on and moving forward. Your choice.I'm sick of the libertarian bashing, so I guess that makes us even.

What would probably go a long way to bringing the two camps together would be to find our common ground on issues rather than candidates. Perhaps then we could stop making excuses when these candidates do things that none of us would accept if it was Rubio or Obama doing them.

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Great, it sounds like you've made your decision then. Will you now find a more worthy sub-forum and stop obsessing over Rand?Fine. I thought this was one of the threads in Hot Topics. I didn't want to come into the Rand sub-forum.

Pisces
01-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Except that I'd like Rand to become more of a paleocon. Pat Buchanan is far more non interventionist in his foreign policy views than Rand is.

Buchanan was pretty interventionist during the Cold War. It was only after the fall of the Soviet Union that he became a non-interventionist. I would classify him as more of an anti-globalist than a non-interventionist of the LRC/Antiwar.com school.

Bastiat's The Law
01-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Great, it sounds like you've made your decision then. Will you now find a more worthy sub-forum and stop obsessing over Rand?
I recommend the Daily Kucinich with the rest of the Rand haters.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.154291.1314006017!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/alg-ohio-dennis-kucinich-jpg.jpg

Bastiat's The Law
01-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Buchanan was pretty interventionist during the Cold War. It was only after the fall of the Soviet Union that he became a non-interventionist. I would classify him as more of an anti-globalist than a non-interventionist of the LRC/Antiwar.com school.
Pro-Vietnam too.

helmuth_hubener
01-26-2013, 12:43 AM
Rand has a lot of libertarian in him. I think it's a good thing that he doesn't embrace some parts of "libertarianism", if Ruwart is any measure of what libertarianism is.
Since you spend a lot of time on The Ron Paul Forums, and seem to like Ron Paul, perhaps it would be worthwhile for you to figure out on your own what libertarianism (Ron Paul's political philosophy) is. Seriously, don't take it as an insult or anything. I sincerely think it might interest you if you gave it a chance. It might be a good fit.

Have you checked any of these out? Consider it!

Liberty Defined (http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Defined-Essential-Issues-Freedom/dp/1455501441) (Or download now (http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7229556/Liberty_Defined_by_Ron_Paul_%5BePub_Mobi_AudioBook %5D))
For a New Liberty (https://mises.org/store/For-a-New-Liberty-The-Libertarian-Manifesto-Pocket-Edition-P301.aspx) (Or download now (https://mises.org/document/1010/For-a-New-Liberty-The-Libertarian-Manifesto))
The Law (http://www.constitution.org/cmt/bastiat/the_law.html)
Libertarianism in One Lesson (http://www.amazon.com/Libertarianism-One-Lesson-David-Bergland/dp/0940643006) (Or download now (http://www.institutcoppet.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Bergland-Libertarianism-in-one-lesson.pdf))

Here's all the books Ron Paul recommends in The Revolution: A Manifesto, End The Fed, and Liberty Defined:
http://web.archive.org/web/20111019230655/http://www.checkoutronpaul.com/reading-list-a-d.html
I think you, coming from a conservative perspective, might especially enjoy the Higgs books.

Thane Eichenauer
01-26-2013, 03:47 AM
I hope that everyone keeps an eye on Rand Paul as well as Glenn Beck. I don't see how it is that people can claim to know what Glenn Beck's motivations are. I don't begrudge anybody who is skeptical of Mr. Beck but I judge him on what he does today not why I think he does what he does.

helmuth_hubener
01-26-2013, 11:32 AM
It might be a good fit. By the way, I don't mean a good fit as in becoming a convert to libertarianism (though you may). I just mean it may be a good fit for your interests, for studying and looking into. You may find learning about it fascinating and worthwhile. This is a recommendation in the spirit of, if I were a frequenter of a do-it-yourself forum and posted a lot on electronics-related topics, someone might productively suggest that I would enjoy and benefit from taking a class to learn how to solder. Liberty is clearly something you have an above-average level of interest in. There are a lot of interesting ideas that have been put out, and are still being put out, by great thinkers on liberty. The books I mention above are a small introduction and sampling to get you started.

Confederate
01-26-2013, 11:36 AM

+rep.