PDA

View Full Version : What will Rand learn from his father's campaign?

Mach
01-24-2013, 11:35 PM
I think Rand is already working on some of these right now.....

Why did Ron Paul lose? (2008)
http://www.nolanchart.com/article3119-why-did-ron-paul-lose.html

alucard13mmfmj
01-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Rand needs to punch up and punch down.. EVERY candidate in the nomination is an enemy. *cough cough.. ignoring Santorum*.

No super brochures, unless there has been A LOT.. A LOT of peer review.

Pander.

Matt Collins
01-24-2013, 11:50 PM
He's already learned it - messaging.

tio rio
01-25-2013, 09:30 AM
I agree Alucard - any "Super" brochure that is created with the intention of mailing it to Republican primary voters should focus on three simple things - 1. God, 2. Guns and 3. Flag. The "Super" brochure listed way too much info that turned off your average republican. Keep it simple, and that goes for when we interact with other republicans in person too - Focus on what they agree with us on already.

The official campaign though? It does seem like Rand's team is already running things much smarter than the Ron team did - at least they are making much better use of their social media tools and talking to the people that need to be talked to in order to make our jobs easier.

cero
01-25-2013, 09:35 AM
that he needs to kiss Israels ass more

itshappening
01-25-2013, 10:09 AM

The biggest lesson will be not to employ sabotaging, incompetent staff.

$100 million and disastrous results sadly characterize the RP campaign.

The grassroots did everything we could but the people running the show were terrible.

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 10:12 AM
I think Rand is already working on some of these right now.....

Why did Ron Paul lose? (2008)
http://www.nolanchart.com/article3119-why-did-ron-paul-lose.html
Did you happen to notice that the person who wrote that article is labeled "statist" ??

tio rio
01-25-2013, 10:29 AM

The grassroots did everything we could but the people running the show were terrible.

I agree with this too - and I'd love to see a retired senior military officer brought in to run the operation - Colonel Doug Macgregor would be an outstanding campaign manager.

Matt Collins
01-25-2013, 11:25 AM

The grassroots did everything we could but the people running the show were terrible.You do realize the same people behind Ron are the same people behind Rand for the most part, right? :rolleyes:

Ignorance abounds...

cajuncocoa
01-25-2013, 11:28 AM
You do realize the same people behind Ron are the same people behind Rand for the most part, right? :rolleyes:

Ignorance abounds...LOL...as if that's not part of the problem.

Matt Collins
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
There were of course internal issues within the 2012 Campaign, but it didn't really effect the outcome of the election.

TomtheTinker
01-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Seems to me he's learned already..bend over for Israel and get on his knees for team R.

I may support him...but doubtful with as much passion as I supported Ron.

LibertyEagle
01-25-2013, 12:16 PM

The grassroots did some pretty sucky stuff too, have you forgotten?

Rand is controlling the message much better, and he also is utilizing social media better by leaps and bounds.

LibertyEagle
01-25-2013, 12:19 PM
I agree Alucard - any "Super" brochure that is created with the intention of mailing it to Republican primary voters should focus on three simple things - 1. God, 2. Guns and 3. Flag. The "Super" brochure listed way too much info that turned off your average republican. Keep it simple, and that goes for when we interact with other republicans in person too - Focus on what they agree with us on already.

The official campaign though? It does seem like Rand's team is already running things much smarter than the Ron team did - at least they are making much better use of their social media tools and talking to the people that need to be talked to in order to make our jobs easier.

NO super brochures, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mach
01-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Did you happen to notice that the person who wrote that article is labeled "statist" ??

Yes, I noticed, just take the article as, a general point. ;)

thoughtomator
01-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Hopefully he learns the key lesson: "Don't hire Jesse Benton"

Matt Collins
01-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Hopefully he learns the key lesson: "Don't hire Jesse Benton"Why? this makes no sense. :rolleyes:

dinosaur
01-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Why? this makes no sense. :rolleyes:

So that we don't have to hear about it for the next four years.

anaconda
01-25-2013, 04:35 PM

I am thankful to this day that Rand was blind sided by Rachel Maddow so early in the process. I think that was the best thing that ever happened to Rand. It seems like he lurched forward from that moment and has never looked back and takes no prisoners.

anaconda
01-25-2013, 04:38 PM

$100 million?

SpreadOfLiberty
01-25-2013, 04:39 PM
He needs clear messaging and can't always say the same thing in debates.

More in depth plans.

LibertyEagle
01-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Why? this makes no sense. :rolleyes:

You shouldn't have to ask why.

fj45lvr
01-26-2013, 03:23 PM
that he needs to kiss Israels ass more

exactly why he never sees a dime from me again and I immeadiately "un-liked" this fool....