PDA

View Full Version : Romney vs. Rudy vs. Paul: NH TV spending,

ronpaulyourmom
11-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Obviously there's more than one television station in the world, but WMUR-TV is "New Hampshire's only statewide commercial television station". Regarding this particular station, I found a blog containing some detailed info. (http://graniteprof.typepad.com/graniteprof/2007/11/ron-paul-ad-buy.html)

EDIT: Been reported that there was a 1.1 million TV ad buy in NH to run for six weeks. I wonder what networks those ads are running on?

Romney:

This month, Romney upped the ante yet again. His campaign is now spending more than $200,000 a week on WMUR:

October 31 - November 6: $219,865 for 191 ads
November 7-13: $228,500 / 220 ads
November 14-20: $227,475 / 204 ads

That's Romney round-the-clock, at the rate of more than one ad an hour, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Rudy:

Rudy Giuliani's long-awaited New Hampshire ad buy was a sizable one on WMUR-TV:

November 15-20 / $144,995 for 52 one-minute ads and 67 thirty-second ads.

Paul:

Ron Paul ad buys stay small on New Hampshire TV
Where is Ron Paul spending that $8.8 million he has raised this quarter? Not on WMUR-TV, the only statewide television station in New Hampshire. Thus far the Paul campaign's ad buy there has been rather meager.

From October 29 (when he went up on the air) through November 18, Paul spent $55,800 at WMUR to air 66 thirty-second ads over those three weeks. That's about a third as many as Mitt Romney has put up in a single week this month on WMUR.

[removed bottom of this post based on new info, see edit above]

newmedia4ron
11-22-2007, 01:35 AM
You want free advertising?

Submit Ron Paul interviews(public access ones) to your public access channel.

Call talk radio shows and pitch Ron Paul.

Write letters to you local newspapers.

Ask your local television station to profile/interview Ron Paul?
easily done when you sign up here:
http://www.ronpaulswarm.blogspot.com/

ALL FREE.

We have the man power and knowledge, we just have to do it.

Or we could speculate on more worthless articles.

Th campaign is in your hands.

firebirdnation
11-22-2007, 01:40 AM
Is there a credible link to back up this information? All I see is a link to a blog.

Midnight77
11-22-2007, 01:41 AM
I can not believe all he spent on New Hampshire thus far is $55,800. What the Hell is he doing with this money? We have a right to know!

0zzy
11-22-2007, 01:41 AM
I dono how true that is, since he spent 1million apparently. not on the same network I guess.

NewEnd
11-22-2007, 01:42 AM
I can not believe all he spent on New Hampshire thus far is $55,800. What the Hell is he doing with this money? We have a right to know!

he spent 1.1 million on those ads in Hampshire... perhaps he is advertising on another channel?

0zzy
11-22-2007, 01:42 AM

Woo there mister, you aren't just gonna take this for fact now are ya?

DealzOnWheelz
11-22-2007, 01:45 AM
yeah sounds a little light on the workload

Midnight77
11-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Sorry, I'm a little skeptical as I haven't being seeing many reports coming out of the Paul Campaign on what exactly they are doing with the money.

Lord Xar
11-22-2007, 01:49 AM
well, let those in NH tell us what they are seeing.

New Hampshire supporters... Are you seeing ALOT of Ron Paul commercials? IN comprision to Romney/Ghouliani???

Give us some details.

curious on 'who' in HQ is making the AD buys. Because 1.1 million on TV is huge and 55K is rather palesy....
So, I am curious on what stations the money is -- if that figue is in fact true.

Ron Paul Fan
11-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Sorry, I'm a little skeptical as I haven't being seeing many reports coming out of the Paul Campaign on what exactly they are doing with the money.

Dr. Paul is stealing all of the money and using it to fund a new house he's building. He's shown throughout his career to be very untrustworthy. :rolleyes:

But seriously, you guys will believe anything you read! NH people on here have been saying that the ads were running pretty consistently. Here in Iowa I see a Ron Paul campaign ad at least 2-3 times a day. They are spending the money! You trust Ron Paul to be our President, but you don't trust him when he says he's spending money to win?

0zzy
11-22-2007, 01:56 AM
Dr. Paul is stealing all of the money and using it to fund a new house he's building. He's shown throughout his career to be very untrustworthy. :rolleyes:

But seriously, you guys will believe anything you read! NH people on here have been saying that the ads were running pretty consistently. Here in Iowa I see a Ron Paul campaign ad at least 2-3 times a day. They are spending the money! You trust Ron Paul to be our President, but you don't trust him when he says he's spending money to win?

Have you seen the "4th" ad yet? I heard he made one and it aired, but only once. No mention of it yet.

Apparently it covered his air force time, and crowd support, and stuff.

ronpaulyourmom
11-22-2007, 01:56 AM

I have no doubt that they've spent more than 50k, we already know they made a 1.1 million buy across multiple states to run for 6 weeks or whatever. But when you spread that across 4 states and six weeks, that's not a giant buy, not on the scale of what Romney's doing.

I specifically said its a blog and we cant jump to conclusions, but the overall impression I've been getting from the campaign is that they're risk adverse with the money so far. They have more information and are in a better position to make decisions, no doubt, I just hope they'll take some chances on the assumption that us supporters got their back.

0zzy
11-22-2007, 01:59 AM
I have no doubt that they've spent more than 50k, we already know they made a 1.1 million buy across multiple states to run for 6 weeks or whatever. But when you spread that across 4 states and six weeks, that's not a giant buy, not on the scale of what Romney's doing.

I specifically said its a blog and we cant jump to conclusions, but the overall impression I've been getting from the campaign is that they're risk adverse with the money so far. They have more information and are in a better position to make decisions, no doubt, I just hope they'll take some chances on the assumption that us supporters got their back.

Actually, they spent 1.1million in New Hampshire only. 400,000 in radio across all primary.

ronpaulyourmom
11-22-2007, 01:59 AM
Actually, they spent 1.1million in New Hampshire only. 400,000 in radio across all primary.

Oh really? Well that's good news! :)

devil21
11-22-2007, 02:04 AM

That was the antennae fundraiser wasn't it? That was 430K to air ads in NH so that 50K figure is BS.

ronpaulyourmom
11-22-2007, 02:08 AM
That was the antennae fundraiser wasn't it? That was 430K to air ads in NH so that 50K figure is BS.

No that 430k figured matched reported amounts to be spent on 4 states. I thought the 1.1 million figure had been across those four states also, but apparently not.

I'm sure they've made a lot of new radio buys since that initial one. The campaign email said they had spent 3.1 million in October.

ThomasJ
11-22-2007, 04:33 AM
1.1 million to buy TV ads. That may be just 55k on wmur Most people in Ron Pauls target demographic don't watch CBS, ABC, etc.... they watch Cable.

I remeber at least one post saying that he had seen an ad during the Patriot's game.