PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul is Giving a Foreign Policy Address - Feb. 6

Brett85
01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/01/rand-paul-is-giving-foreign-policy.html

Brett85
01-24-2013, 07:16 PM
This is kind of an anti Rand article, but I didn't post this article to criticize Rand. I just posted this to see what people here think about Rand giving a speech at the Heritage Foundation about foreign policy next month.

Brett85
01-24-2013, 07:22 PM
This is how the Heritage Foundation describes his upcoming speech.

http://www.heritage.org/events/2013/02/rand-paul

SpreadOfLiberty
01-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Scumbag Wenzel can quote somebody elses paper at Heritage yet won't even post what you did above.

itshappening
01-24-2013, 07:29 PM
The Heritage foundation is huge (patron Margaret Thatcher)

If Rand can connect with the donors and board members of Heritage then it would be very beneficial for 2016.

July
01-24-2013, 07:43 PM
This is how the Heritage Foundation describes his upcoming speech.

http://www.heritage.org/events/2013/02/rand-paul

That sounds like it could be interesting.

supermario21
01-24-2013, 07:48 PM
I think the Heritage description is positive for the future of the think tank and our views within the party. I think Rand is going to try and steer the foundation in our direction now that DeMint is running it. I've also thought about this for awhile, why would DeMint leave the Senate? Is he thinking about 2014? And when I say 2014, I mean endorsing Lindsey Graham's primary challenger (please Tom Davis run!). It would be hard for a senator to endorse your colleague's opponent, especially in a primary.

fr33
01-24-2013, 07:48 PM
This could be a make or break type of speech to some people depending on what approach he takes. Many of us (and others) are skeptical about Rand's foreign policy stances.

PatriotOne
01-24-2013, 07:54 PM
The Heritage foundation is huge (patron Margaret Thatcher)

If Rand can connect with the donors and board members of Heritage then it would be very beneficial for 2016.

Jim Demint is the new head of Heritage so there's that connection there. I'm watching this new Heritage relationship with the Liberty Movement through squinty eyes though since it's part of the Koch Foundation. Trying to co-opt or open to our influence? Squints even harder....hmmmm.

SpreadOfLiberty
01-24-2013, 08:02 PM
What does Wenzel have against Steve Forbes and Ed Meese?

I guess pointing them out is supposed to make me cringe, but it doesn't.

Matt Collins
01-24-2013, 08:18 PM

I guess pointing them out is supposed to make me cringe, but it doesn't.Who cares what Wenzel thinks? He's obviously uninformed and nothing more than a hack that no one pays attention to outside of a few fringe people on this site.

itshappening
01-24-2013, 08:24 PM

I guess pointing them out is supposed to make me cringe, but it doesn't.

it might have something to do with the fact that Forbes is quite hawkish when it comes to foreign policy.

Sola_Fide
01-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Our country presently faces national security challenges from hostile nations throughout the world. Nations like Iran and North Korea are troublesome to their neighbors and the United States. Unfortunately, our current policies have not effectively dealt with these serious threats.

At this lecture, Senator Rand Paul will discuss his vision of a foreign policy that respects the plain language of our Constitution, the legal powers of Congress, and the important role of a strong presidency. He will stress the need for maintaining the strongest national defense among nations while also questioning what constitutes actual "defense."

Join us as Senator Paul outlines how a constitutionally conservative foreign policy would better serve and protect the United States.

Hmmm. Rand has some opportunities here for communicating a different foreign policy. He's got nothing to lose by defending non-interventionism....and a lot to gain.