PDA

View Full Version : You will never appease a prohibitionist. Ever.

phill4paul
01-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Oregon enacted anti-smoking legislation in 2009.

What Workplaces Are Affected Under The Law?
Under Oregon's Smokefree Workplace Law, smoking is prohibited in public places and workplaces, with few exceptions. Public place means any enclosed area open to the public. Place of employment means an enclosed area that is under the control of a public or private employer and that employees frequent during the course of employment.

Workplaces and public places that must be smokefree include, but are not limited to:

Bars and taverns, including bar areas of restaurants
Bowling centers
Bingo halls
Private and fraternal organizations
Employee break rooms
Restaurants
Private offices and commercial office buildings
Retail and wholesale establishments
Manufacturing plants and mills
Truck stops
Child and adult day-care
Assisted living facilities
Movies theaters and indoor entertainment venues
Hotels and motels (Exception: up to 25% of guest rooms may be designated as smoking rooms by the owner or entity in charge)
Work vehicles that are not operated exclusively by one employee

Certainly a victory for prohibitionists. However, never satiated, the need to control others drives prohibitionists onward.......

http://www.kptv.com/story/20662618/bill-proposed-in-oregon-would-make-cigarettes-prescription-only-drugs

SALEM, OR (KPTV) -
If you're a regular smoker, you may want to keep an eye on a new bill in the Oregon Legislature.

Bill proposed in Oregon would make cigarettes prescription-only drugs

Rep. Mitch Greenlick, from Portland, is sponsoring a bill that makes cigarettes a Schedule III controlled substance, meaning it would be illegal to possess or distribute cigarettes without a doctor's prescription.

Under the proposal, offenders would face maximum punishments of one year in prison, a $6,250 fine or both.

Other drugs and substances that are considered Schedule III controlled substances are ketamine, lysergic acid and anabolic steroids.

"The State Board of Pharmacy may adopt rules placing requirements and limitations on the sale or transfer of products containing nicotine," the bill's text says.

"I think it's pretty crazy," said Juan Silva of Salem. "I don't see it going through. It's going to be something to watch for, but I don't think it'll pass."

Others see the proposal differently.

"I hope it passes and I hope people actually think about it," said Rick Cannon of Salem. "You know there's less and less smokers everyday because they know how bad it is for them, so I just hope people wake up and realize how bad it actually is for them."

tangent4ronpaul
01-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Bill proposed in Oregon would make cigarettes prescription-only drugs

Rep. Mitch Greenlick, from Portland, is sponsoring a bill that makes cigarettes a Schedule III controlled substance, meaning it would be illegal to possess or distribute cigarettes without a doctor's prescription.

Under the proposal, offenders would face maximum punishments of one year in prison, a $6,250 fine or both.

WOW!

I'm not going to say what I really think should happen to this asshole...

-t

TheTexan
01-24-2013, 11:50 AM
For Your Safety

Anti Federalist
01-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah, all this has always been about outright tobacco prohibition and the total banning of the sale, use, growing or possession of.

LOL.

And to think, "mainstreamers" laughed at me 30 years ago when I told them where all this was going to end up.

War on Tobacco.

Which is just another front in the:

War on Us.

PursuePeace
01-24-2013, 11:52 AM
"I hope it passes and I hope people actually think about it," said Rick Cannon of Salem. "You know there's less and less smokers everyday because they know how bad it is for them, so I just hope people wake up and realize how bad it actually is for them."

In that case, there are a lot of politicians that should be classified as a scheduled III controlled substance.
Maybe the voters would take Rick Cannon's advice.

Danke
01-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Should need a prescription for beer too!

tangent4ronpaul
01-24-2013, 11:53 AM
The only thing is - They want to take out at least 80% of the population - or at least the older, non-productive folks that they pay out to..., so why ban something that will kill us quicker?

-t

fisharmor
01-24-2013, 11:55 AM
In Virginia, on MLK day, Republican delegates got together and rammed a redistricting bill through in session while a lot of the Democrats were at the inauguration.
There's been no end to the comments about how they're a bunch of sneaky bastards.

But a bill like Greenlick's? That would never be considered a sneaky bastard tactic, would it......

Anti Federalist
FTFY Clive...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be IS better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

phill4paul
Yeah, all this has always been about outright tobacco prohibition and the total banning of the sale, use, growing or possession of.

LOL.

And to think, "mainstreamers" laughed at me 30 years ago when I told them where all this was going to end up.

War on Tobacco.

War on Us.

Yup. I'm a nut because I won't compromise on any issue that gives the government more power while taking power away from individuals. Because, everyone knows if we just compromise we can find common ground that will be acceptable to all parties involved.

Anti Federalist
01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
The only thing is - They want to take out at least 80% of the population - or at least the older, non-productive folks that they pay out to..., so why ban something that will kill us quicker?

-t

Nicotine fucks up the Soylent Green processing.

phill4paul
01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Perfect!

FTFY Clive...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be IS better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

AGRP
01-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Called this years ago. Theyre attempting to make tobacco will the new marijuana. The demonization of it was to create a new laws so it could replace marijuana.

Anti Federalist
01-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Yup. I'm a nut because I won't compromise on any issue that gives the government more power while taking power away from individuals. Because, everyone knows if we just compromise we can find common ground that will be acceptable to all parties involved.

I dare ya to cross this line...

Now this one...

Now this one...

Trouble is, we're not smart enough to make Yosemite Sam step off the cliff.

erowe1
01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
"You know there's less and less smokers everyday because they know how bad it is for them, so I just hope people wake up and realize how bad it actually is for them."

Which is it? Do people need you to ban it to figure out it's bad for them, or are they already figuring it out?

Anti Federalist
01-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Which is it? Do people need you to ban it to figure out it's bad for them, or are they already figuring it out?

Most people have complied.

Just need to mop up the last few pockets of resistance.

Thirty years from now, replace "tobacco" with "guns".

kathy88
01-24-2013, 12:11 PM
I was reading an article this morning about smoking taking 10 years off your life expectancy, blah blah. I wish I could find it. In the comments, someone remarked that they hoped tax payer money didn't pay for the study. A woman replied that she hoped that taxes DID pay for it, and that smoking should be outlawed, blah blah. It was a farcebook comment, and lo and behold the bitch weighed about 300 pounds. I SO BADLY wanted to comment, but refrained.

phill4paul
01-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Most people have complied.

Just need to mop up the last few pockets of resistance.

Thirty years from now, replace "tobacco" with "guns".

Think it gonna take that long?

erowe1
01-24-2013, 12:12 PM
I was reading an article this morning about smoking taking 10 years off your life expectancy, blah blah. I wish I could find it. In the comments, someone remarked that they hoped tax payer money didn't pay for the study. A woman replied that she hoped that taxes DID pay for it, and that smoking should be outlawed, blah blah. It was a farcebook comment, and lo and behold the bitch weighed about 300 pounds. I SO BADLY wanted to comment, but refrained.

Some others might not be so forgiving.

Got a link?

kathy88
01-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Some others might not be so forgiving.

Got a link?

I'm looking...

kathy88
01-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Here it is:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/23/smoking-cessation-life-expectancy/1858913/

Here's the comment...

AmandaKay Schraufnagel Mazurkiewicz · Top Commenter · Middleton, Wisconsin
I hope it was paid for by tax payers I as a tax payer want more studies done to prove smoking kills people and needs to be banned federally.

There's a link to her facebook on the comment.

paulbot24
01-24-2013, 12:17 PM
How in the hell do they intend to make cigarettes a Control III prescription drug as that would mean they will have to prove that cigarettes, like every other prescription drug, are "safe" and "effective." I hope they try this, just to realize that the current prescription control regulations make further control like this impossible. They are caught in their own web of control. They should have thought about this when they allowed the federal clusterfuck known as the FDA make all the rules. As much as I am completely in favor of state sovereignty, if these Oregon prohibitionists want this bad enough, they'll have to find a different avenue.

jkr
01-24-2013, 12:17 PM
wait
LSD is scheduled III?

whut?
the?
FucK?

paulbot24
01-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Methamphetamine is Schedule II. You'd be surprised. The FDA approves of methamphetamine and LSD as safe and effective.

UpperDecker
01-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Here it is:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/23/smoking-cessation-life-expectancy/1858913/

Here's the comment...

There's a link to her facebook on the comment.

With people like this, I think the best way to go about it is to get them to understand how harmful this line of thinking is to everybody instead of calling them an idiot (which they obviously are haha). but man do people like this bum me out, so willing to take away the rights of others because they feel that they need to protect them from themselves.

kathy88
01-24-2013, 12:36 PM
With people like this, I think the best way to go about it is to get them to understand how harmful this line of thinking is to everybody instead of calling them an idiot (which they obviously are haha). but man do people like this bum me out, so willing to take away the rights of others because they feel that they need to protect them from themselves.

She needs to be protected from sodas larger than 32 ounces... lol.... I did control myself. It's not worth it.

Anti Federalist
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Think it gonna take that long?

Probably not.

Depends on what we do.

Limply respond with strongly worded letters and push back until we get distracted and move on to something else.

Or man up and do what is needed to root this cancer out once and for all.

Brian4Liberty
01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
I wonder what the consensus around here would be if they somehow developed a vaccine that could be administered via a cigarette. "Don't mind me, I forgot to take my vaccine today," as a cloud of vaccine smoke formed around everyone.

Edit: Wouldn't be surprised if vaccines and cigarettes shared some ingredients already. ;)

Brian4Liberty
01-24-2013, 12:55 PM

Tar and feathering for this guy.

kcchiefs6465
01-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Methamphetamine is Schedule II. You'd be surprised. The FDA approves of methamphetamine and LSD as safe and effective.
Methamphetamine was prescribed for a very long time. In fact, I believe they brought it back.

While most people think of methamphetamine as an illegal street drug, it is also a prescription medication used to treat various medical conditions. Desoxyn® (methamphetamine hydrochloride) is the prescription version of methamphetamine. Desoxyn is approved for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It is also approved for the short-term treatment of obesity.

However, because methamphetamine is a highly abused drug, most healthcare providers are hesitant to prescribe Desoxyn. In fact, Desoxyn is a rarely prescribed medication

paulbot24
01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Doesn't it seem like they just rotate this shit in endless circles? Once upon a time all this was legal but that doesn't count.
Phase I- Item with heavy demand is declared illegal. If you want it, too bad, we will find you bad citizen, and you will go directly to jail.
Phase II-Item is legal but regulated.You may only buy from our dealers and our supply. If you do not use our people and our slips of paper, bad citizen, go directly to jail.
Phase III-Then comes regulated and heavy tax. Be grateful mundane we are allowing this. Don't like the vice tax? Bad citizen, go directly to jail.
Phase IV-Taxes and regulations get so overwhelming people resort to the same behavior as they did in Phase I. Bad citizen, go directly to jail.

During this entire process, at any time did the item ever actually seem legal? Also, during this entire process, people are being sent to prison in droves for drug crimes. "Legalizing" something usually just means it moved down the list to the next phase, which might last for a while until you hear about a child or group of teens caught with ___________, which sends it right back up to where it had been. Again, regardless, you will continue to see full drug courts and futures ruined. That is why nothing short of decriminalization will correct this. Yep, we are fucked.

roho76
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM

-t

Remember, the state has a monopoly on your death. Suicide is illegal but shooting you in a 3AM raid at the wrong address is business as usual.

CCTelander
01-24-2013, 06:03 PM
I dare ya to cross this line...

Now this one...

Now this one...

Trouble is, we're not smart enough to make Yosemite Sam step off the cliff.

No. Just not smart enough to make the first line the LAST.

tod evans
01-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Repless:o

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

LOL.

War on Tobacco.

War on Us.

tod evans
01-24-2013, 06:23 PM
As an "old-guy" who's actually consumed these drugs I'm quite comfortable stating that FDA regulation and legal restrictions are senseless.

In fact they do more harm to society than good. Anybody pushing for more government involvement in such things as may be consumed, be it tobacco or heroin, soda-pop or LSD, is not interested in a peaceful society.

This really is a "war on us" and if you're not one of "them" then the war is on you too....

wait
LSD is scheduled III?

whut?
the?
FucK?

James Madison
01-24-2013, 06:32 PM
No surprise this guy is from Portland, the San Francisco of the Northwest. Beautiful state, too. Seems like these states are being ruined by their token, massive urban center: Illinois, Oregon, California, Washington, New York, etc.

pcosmar
01-24-2013, 06:33 PM
wait
LSD is scheduled III?

whut?
the?
FucK?

LSD is highly effective in treating addictions. Especially alcohol addiction. It has legitimate and beneficial uses.

It was one of many substances used during MK Ultra, but did not produce the desired results.
Big Pharma produced others though. No sense in letting Mind Control Research go to waste.

kcchiefs6465
01-24-2013, 06:41 PM
LSD is highly effective in treating addictions. Especially alcohol addiction. It has legitimate and beneficial uses.

It was one of many substances used during MK Ultra, but did not produce the desired results.
Big Pharma produced others though. No sense in letting Mind Control Research go to waste.
I have watched many people change their negative ways through ingesting LSD. Epiphanies of sorts. All depends on who you trip around.

Anti Federalist
01-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Repless:o

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

I gave some back to you.

"Oh, that's crazy talk AF. They'll never ban tobacco, c'mon, this is just a reasonable measure, to have smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants. How can you be against that?"

paulbot24
01-24-2013, 06:55 PM
As an "old-guy" who's actually consumed these drugs I'm quite comfortable stating that FDA regulation and legal restrictions are senseless.

In fact they do more harm to society than good. Anybody pushing for more government involvement in such things as may be consumed, be it tobacco or heroin, soda-pop or LSD, is not interested in a peaceful society.

This really is a "war on us" and if you're not one of "them" then the war is on you too....

I totally agree. These very people in Congress (taking bribes by Big Pharm) promoting the war on "street drugs" readily give Adderall (amphetamine) to their kids, which is a Control II drug, while insisting that marijuana remain in the most dangerous category, Control I. The colleges don't help by pumping out so much "thank you for the grant money" research to further the propaganda. Everybody who gets a cut is happy and they just keep up the charade, and the unlucky ones rotting away in prison, well, hey, the law is the law. It seems like the love of money is the glue that holds this country together in a sick way, and it will probably be the thing that causes it to implode. Is everybody a whore?

phill4paul
01-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Oh geez... it gets worse with these prohibitionists........

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?402316-Penalty-could-keep-smokers-out-of-health-overhaul

Penalty could keep smokers out of health overhaul.

Anti Federalist
01-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Oh geez... it gets worse with these prohibitionists........

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?402316-Penalty-could-keep-smokers-out-of-health-overhaul

Penalty could keep smokers out of health overhaul.

Just the start, brother, just the start.

The prohibitions and controls that will result from the medical fascism descending over us will be unlimited, endless and thoroughly invasive.

There will not even be the appearance of "freedom" left.

paulbot24
01-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Just the start, brother, just the start.

The prohibitions and controls that will result from the medical fascism descending over us will be unlimited, endless and thoroughly invasive.

There will not even be the appearance of "freedom" left.

Well, considering the hypocrisy of their ways, they might be nice and keep up the "appearance". North Korea style. Jesus we are $^%@$&!