PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't someone tell me Ron Paul was missing?

john_anderson_ii
11-22-2007, 12:48 AM
According to the guy at the corner store, they are all sold out of USA Today because "a bunch of people looking for Ron Paul bought all of them." I asked him if he knew Ron Paul was missing. He said, "Who is Ron Paul?" I gave him a slim jim, but in the end I had to settle for a six-pack and some Frito's without a USA Today in sight.

I sure hope some of those papers made it into the hands of the unconverted.

Paulitician
11-22-2007, 01:21 AM
The FBI confiscated them, just like they confiscated the coins :eek:

But I agree with you. I hope a lot of the unconverted are converted.

McDermit
11-22-2007, 01:29 AM
We went to 6 different places that NORMALLY have a full stock of USA Today's. The first 5 had sold out. We (with permission) left a small stack of Mosaic flyers in the bins at 3 places.

The 6th place had 2 papers. We bought one, left the last for someone who hopefully hasn't heard of RP before.

Lord Xar
11-22-2007, 01:52 AM
I am rather curious of this too.

More than a few are reporting ALL of them gone... If you come across this, can someone confirm that DIFFERENT poeple are buying these..

why are SUPPORTERS buying these!!! argghhhh...

devil21
11-22-2007, 01:59 AM
Im not worried about different people buying them but rather that RP supporters aren't hoarding them!! Buy 40 and leave them in the airport terminals instead of stashing away in a box somewhere. Buying them isn't a problem (IMHO) but hoarding them is.

hawkeyenick
11-22-2007, 02:03 AM
People do know you can just buy backissues right???

jrich4rpaul
11-22-2007, 02:04 AM
mm.. seems like many (like myself) didn't think this through. I admit, I bought a copy first thing in the morning.

Hopefully, the issues at bus terminals and airports didn't get robbed by supporters as well lol

this is certainly not what we wanted. anyone got another 85 grand for an ad? :D

McDermit
11-22-2007, 02:05 AM

More than a few are reporting ALL of them gone... If you come across this, can someone confirm that DIFFERENT poeple are buying these..

why are SUPPORTERS buying these!!! argghhhh...

I didn't ask.. but no one said that one person had bought them all. I think that if it were the case here, the cashiers would have mentioned it. Especially since we asked to put RP flyers in their place.

McDermit
11-22-2007, 02:07 AM
FWIW, I went out to buy mine around 9PM tonight after the ex got back from her mini-meetup. We tried gas stations, mini marts, and grocery stores.

Chester Copperpot
11-22-2007, 02:12 AM
I had my gf get one for me this morning... She said there were only 2 at the place she went so she bought one. You know guys.. It just might be that so many people truly support Ron Paul that we're going to blow this entire election right off the map.

We get a landslide ala 1984 Reagan.. and it will be such a strong mandate to the congress, that the IRS will be gone within weeks.

devil21
11-22-2007, 02:12 AM
Think about this:

If RP supporters can snatch up enough USA Today newspapers across the country to even have a concern about RP supporters hoarding them then OBVIOUSLY support is much higher than what polls and pundits show. Wasn't it 2 million daily? That's a lot of papers...

Chester Copperpot
11-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Think about this:

If RP supporters can snatch up enough USA Today newspapers across the country to even have a concern about RP supporters hoarding them then OBVIOUSLY support is much higher than what polls and pundits show. Wasn't it 2 million daily? That's a lot of papers...

we should find out from USA TODAY how many they ran off for today

and i agree with your Point

derdy
11-22-2007, 02:17 AM
I bought one for nostalgia purposes only.

I did not hoard!

slowmotionjones
11-22-2007, 02:21 AM
Local major supermarket had only one copy left as of 8:00 pm. I don't think that is unusual, though.

Knightskye
11-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Wait a minute! Newsstands aren't the only place people get newspapers. Or did you people forget what a "mailbox" was. People are subscribed to newspapers, and they are delivered to their houses.

According to Wikipedia (and yes, I know that's not a good way to start a sentence), USA Today has about 2.27 million subcribers. Assuming they didn't all skip to the Sports section, a lot of people saw the Ron Paul ad. So if you're worrying about your local grocer or newsstand running out of USA Todays, stop. Please.

thehittgirl
11-22-2007, 03:40 AM
FWIW, I went out to buy mine around 9PM tonight after the ex got back from her mini-meetup. We tried gas stations, mini marts, and grocery stores.

I bought two at 9PM myself, the last two on the shelf. Hubby is taking one to work, and leaving it open and I am using the other to convert friends that are on the fence to jump off and come over to our side.

Elijah
11-22-2007, 03:42 AM
Well I waited like we were supposed to and I was gonna buy 1 tonight for my mom tomorrow and they were all gone.

wisconsinite
11-22-2007, 03:47 AM
Remember also a lot of hotels and airlines stock USA Today.

BeFranklin
11-22-2007, 05:53 AM
I had my gf get one for me this morning... She said there were only 2 at the place she went so she bought one. You know guys.. It just might be that so many people truly support Ron Paul that we're going to blow this entire election right off the map.

We get a landslide ala 1984 Reagan.. and it will be such a strong mandate to the congress, that the IRS will be gone within weeks.

That's what I considered earlier this day. I bought one copy around 12am and they were mostly gone.

BeFranklin
11-22-2007, 05:54 AM
Well I waited like we were supposed to and I was gonna buy 1 tonight for my mom tomorrow and they were all gone.

I knew better then that. I kindof suspected these were going to go fast.

Man from La Mancha
11-22-2007, 06:06 AM
A bad thought could be that non Ron supporters bought them up, but I would find it hard to believe they could be that organized.

Keith
11-22-2007, 06:14 AM
I just hope they were not all bought out by supporters of the other candidates so that they would not be seen.

Oh, wait. The other candidates don't have any supporters.

rancher89
11-22-2007, 06:33 AM
We are on vacation on the eastern shore of VA and now in VA BCH. We could not find a copy anywhere. I asked the guy at the Hilton (figured he'd know if anyone did) and everyone behind the counter chimed in about the truck that delivers to this chunk of real estate had had an accident and no one got their Wed. edition of USA Today. hmmmmm

Called a friend down in Charlotte, NC and he was able to pick up a copy, only one left in the box.

Bobby Johnson
11-22-2007, 07:34 AM
If this was any other day, I would say that Ron Paul supporters probably got to some of them. However, has anyone thought about the fact that yesterday was the biggest travel day of the year? There were a lot of people out and about. In my opinion, more than a few people grabbed a USA Today paper while they were in the gas station fueling up or whatever else people do while on the road. :)

In grocery stores around me there were also quite a few families shopping for Thanksgiving dinner ingredients as well.

speciallyblend
11-22-2007, 08:20 AM
This whole thread cracks me up.
If there would of been usa today left in bins,then the thread would of been
no one buys the usa today:( which way do you want it? the usa todays are being read,the only way to test this theory would be to stand at all the paper spots last year at this time and next year,to judge the response for this year.

paulitics
11-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Wait a minute! Newsstands aren't the only place people get newspapers. Or did you people forget what a "mailbox" was. People are subscribed to newspapers, and they are delivered to their houses.

true

BillyDkid
11-22-2007, 08:40 AM

why are SUPPORTERS buying these!!! argghhhh...You know, this is very bad - whoever is doing this is keeping these papers out of the hands of the people who need to see them. And it ain't necessarily Ron Paul supporters. Don't you suppose that Huckabee or Thompson maniacs might go out and buy every paper just so people can't see them? The is bad. It's very bad.

JeffersonThomas
11-22-2007, 08:40 AM
If this was any other day, I would say that Ron Paul supporters probably got to some of them. However, has anyone thought about the fact that yesterday was the biggest travel day of the year? There were a lot of people out and about. In my opinion, more than a few people grabbed a USA Today paper while they were in the gas station fueling up or whatever else people do while on the road. :)

In grocery stores around me there were also quite a few families shopping for Thanksgiving dinner ingredients as well.

Ditto this. I'm in a small town with my parents over thanksgiving & there are no USA todays here. However, I did notice all the gas stations constantly packed with travelers and most of the local/regional papers sold out yesterday. It wouldn't surprise me if places where USA today was sold were equally as busy if not more.